Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to a family member tonight who's worked in maximum security prisons for years and I asked what an inmate (in Canada) has to do to get put on suicide watch. He said they would have to get a psych evaluation, not that they necessarily attempted it, could be used to watch him 24/7 or to keep a person separate from other inmates in this case because of the child factor. He also said with psychopaths, after they're done doing their damage/crime and get caught they fall into a deep depression called 'zero state'. They get severely depressed while incarcerated because they're not able to do their manipulating and other deviant things they do. BBM, just thought that was interesting to know.

That is true - some experts describe zero state as a quiet rage rather than a depression. The psychopath is furious that they can no longer manipulate others, and they are terrified that everyone will see through "the mask".

Something is very off here... Also I remember a user "Dangeross" posted quite a bit in earlier threads... He hasn't posted in some time however, he claimed to "know" that the substance on the sidewalk was NOT blood and rather something that verifies HR.
<rsbm>

Unless dangeross is an insider with specific knowledge of the case (i.e. "verified insider"), I believe what he/she claimed is just an opinion that appeared stated as fact because they didn't put an "IMO" in their post.

JMO but i just have the strangest feeling one of these three are still alive and more went down than just DG going there, murdering them, and hiding the HR and evidence.

JMO but i just have the strangest feeling one of these three are still alive and more went down than just DG going there, murdering them, and hiding the HR and evidence.

I have the same feeling and I don't know if it's just because I badly want it to be so?

I have wondered if the murderer used the Liknes' truck to take the deceased victims away. Parked his truck somewhere close by and walked to the house. This way he figured there would be on evidence/DNA/blood on his truck and no one would have spotted his truck at their house. MOO.
I have wondered the same thing. Also, I'm curious if DG would have been tested for drugs, ie Meth, which we know he was convicted of cooking years before? I don't think it would be an unreasonable assumption that he may have parked his vehicle quite far away from the L's home, IMO, his adrenaline was probably pumping, add to it drugs, and he could have easily jogged to his vehicle at another spot. Another thing I'm finding troubling, if it were the evening hours/middle of the night when he was possibly doing the cleanup on the possible blood stains on the driveway....it would have been very dark and almost impossible to see any remnants of blood (we know he wears glasses and has poor vision...atleast that's what he's having everyone believe). We also know the original charges in 1992 were for making meth, but he wasn't charged for distributing, IF he was distributing, but there wasnt enough evidence to support this, he would IMO have some very unsavory colleagues that were quite possibly 'his friends', who may have been willing to help him out in the disposal. Although, I believe he did this himself. Poor NO, threw a wrench into his plan and this sick, psycho panicked. This is all MHO. I feel so terribly sad for the torment this despicable sociopath has inflicted on these poor families.

What happens now that DG is in prison? Do the investigators comunicate with him? Are they allowed at this point? How do you crack a sociopath? All I keep thinking about is how to convince DG to speak up, lead the LE to the whereabouts and tell his truth and bring the people back to the family. I still hope that DG was capable of locking them up in some sort of shelter that he would have used if he ever went into hiding and that it is stocked with food and water and that these loved ones are waiting patiently and are healthy.

I have wondered the same thing. Also, I'm curious if DG would have been tested for drugs, ie Meth, which we know he was convicted of cooking years before? I don't think it would be an unreasonable assumption that he may have parked his vehicle quite far away from the L's home, IMO, his adrenaline was probably pumping, add to it drugs, and he could have easily jogged to his vehicle at another spot. Another thing I'm finding troubling, if it were the evening hours/middle of the night when he was possibly doing the cleanup on the possible blood stains on the driveway....it would have been very dark and almost impossible to see any remnants of blood (we know he wears glasses and has poor vision...atleast that's what he's having everyone believe). We also know the original charges in 1992 were for making meth, but he wasn't charged for distributing, IF he was distributing, but there wasnt enough evidence to support this, he would IMO have some very unsavory colleagues that were quite possibly 'his friends', who may have been willing to help him out in the disposal. Although, I believe he did this himself. Poor NO, threw a wrench into his plan and this sick, psycho panicked. This is all MHO. I feel so terribly sad for the torment this despicable sociopath has inflicted on these poor families.

Is there any evidence that DG is a user? He doesn't look like a user to me.

That is true - some experts describe zero state as a quiet rage rather than a depression. The psychopath is furious that they can no longer manipulate others, and they are terrified that everyone will see through "the mask".

If DG is indeed at "zero state" and afraid that others may "see through the mask," then I just can't see him cracking.

If he's intent on keeping up the facade, why would he ever tell what he knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happens now that DG is in prison? Do the investigators comunicate with him? Are they allowed at this point? How do you crack a sociopath? All I keep thinking about is how to convince DG to speak up, lead the LE to the whereabouts and tell his truth and bring the people back to the family. I still hope that DG was capable of locking them up in some sort of shelter that he would have used if he ever went into hiding and that it is stocked with food and water and that these loved ones are waiting patiently and are healthy.

See the thing is if DG says where the bodies are that admits guilt. I honestly believe if everything did happen like the charges are laid then DG will take what he knows to the grave or at least till the verdict. Cuz he feels he will get away with it still, not finding bodies, that is why he took them in the first place. JMO

Bart Corbin had killed a girl friend in college, and 14yrs later killed his wife. Both were initially thought to be a suicide, but he was later charged with the murder of both. He plead innocent, all the way until trial started, and during which prosecution got a message, they had found who he got the gun from that killed his wife. When he was approached with that evidence, he cracked and plead guilty of both murders. Did I mention he was a well respected dentist??

If the evidence is overwhelming without much way of excusing it, Douglas might crack as well. At this point, we know some about him, but not many really know him it seems, or aren't talking. Maybe if someone he has a connection with, be it a parent, sibling, etc. were to talk with him, and keep showing him photos of dear Nathan, maybe, he would talk... I don't know. So many will claim innocent no matter what. Some eventually give up where the body is, many don't.

All JMO!

See the thing is if DG says where the bodies are that admits guilt. I honestly believe if everything did happen like the charges are laid then DG will take what he knows to the grave or at least till the verdict. Cuz he feels he will get away with it still, not finding bodies, that is why he took them in the first place. JMO

I totally agree, if he has an ounce of a conscience about that little boy (he might for him, but not the other 2 lets say) I'm hoping he'll tell... but if he's a true psychopath and has no conscience at all I think he'll relish in his power of knowing and perversely enjoy not telling a thing unless he uses it for a plea bargain when he realizes he can't get away with it.

Is there any evidence that DG is a user? He doesn't look like a user to me.

I have not read anything stating he is. I was curious if there was anything out there which may support this. Also, from reading more, he was charged with having the makings for amphetamines, which isn't meth, similar, but not the same, my bad.

http://http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/221211.php

Interesting, the article states it can be prescribed to focus...does ADD fall into the not focusing category? I'm not in any way, shape or form justifying any of this. Simply curious if there was anything to substantiate DG using substances he may have created and potentially using the 'I have no recollection of anything happening because I was on drugs' card. Thinking out loud.

I think he has Aspergers.

As a former special Ed teacher, the best way to agitate him and get him out of his element (to increase the still slim possibility that he'll talk) is to expose him to the rest of the prison population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Put the SOB in general population then.

Where are Nathan, Kathy and Alvin?

I have not read anything stating he is. I was curious if there was anything out there which may support this. Also, from reading more, he was charged with having the makings for amphetamines, which isn't meth, similar, but not the same, my bad.

http://http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/221211.php

Interesting, the article states it can be prescribed to focus...does ADD fall into the not focusing category? I'm not in any way, shape or form justifying any of this. Simply curious if there was anything to substantiate DG using substances he may have created and potentially using the 'I have no recollection of anything happening because I was on drugs' card. Thinking out loud.
Adderall is an amphetamine and is used for attention deficit. This is a good link explaining the differences. There have been many articles stating he was a "meth cook" and made LSD. I suspect, however he made amphetamine as opposed to meth amphetamine. Don't know for sure though...
Amphetamine Uses, Dosage, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com
www.drugs.com &#8250; Drugs A to Z
Amphetamine is a stimulant and is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit disorder. Includes amphetamine side effects, interactions and indications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper