Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I am going to check this out. I am thinking more along the lines of underground tunnel leading to a hide out. We have lots in BC, usually for drugs and as bunkers for the end-of-world fanatics. I don't think he made it for this specific crime. I think he has one because he has had to escape before.

Okay... I have to add this link now... http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/2013/12/11/man-emerges-from-bunker-14-years-after-y2k-scare/

Just so you know the cbc link is satire... but I am serious!

For anyone questioning whether or not the property was an active farm you can check out the Google Earth historic aerial photos and clearly see activity in recent years.

If I remember tomorrow when I am in the office I will check the aerial photos from our suppliers to see what the images of the area look like.

Are there fallout shelters in Alberta? I know there are a ton where I live. Mu neighbor has one and it's kinda cool. It has a vent that sticks up out of the grass.

There used to be a shelter near Penhold but it was filled in a few years ago. Most of us didn't know that one was there until what to do with it became an issue. So . . . There could be more.

It frequently come up in MSM that his parents are involved in the community, but that their son is a mystery. Some seemed not to even know they had a son.

I wouldn't bring him up too often if he were my child either. I mean what a conversation starter, hey you know the person charged for making meth on the acreage, that is my son. JMO

Back to the little sheds.....vent-turbine videos - YouRepeat
www.yourepeat.com/g/vent-turbine
Lomanco WhirlyBird® Turbine Vent Basic Installation - this is a basic video ... on your shed roof to keep it cool and vent noxious odors if you're storing chemicals.

I think you may be on to something there, Cherchri! And if that is what it is for, it would for sure be important to the case, I am thinking!

What kind of farm is this? TIA

I think it's just a regular run-of-the-mill type of farm.
It's more of an acreage than a farm.
Other than the greenhouse and few storage sheds, I don't see any other things that show it as being an animal farm or whatnot.

Sadly, if there was even a molecule of proof that any one of these victims were possibly still alive, the charges would not have been formally laid. For the ME to conclude death, the burden of proof is so high when there is no bodies.

Yes, but in the news conference the officer says that murder charges can be laid if they have proof that credit cards and bank accounts have not been accessed for a period of time. I found that to be hopeful.. IMO

For anyone questioning whether or not the property was an active farm you can check out the Google Earth historic aerial photos and clearly see activity in recent years.

If I remember tomorrow when I am in the office I will check the aerial photos from our suppliers to see what the images of the area look like.

Yes the photos clearly shows bales and evidence of harvesting crops and it even looks like there is a tractor on the field working.

There used to be a shelter near Penhold but it was filled in a few years ago. Most of us didn't know that one was there until what to do with it became an issue. So . . . There could be more.

Here is a list of government bunkers, Penhold is listed. There are definitely more that are not associated to the gov't and they are very popular amongst off-the-grid survivalists. I'm going to try and "dig" up some possible locations that DG wouldn't have built himself but may have known about in his area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Government_Headquarters

Yes, but in the news conference the officer says that murder charges can be laid if they have proof that credit cards and bank accounts have not been accessed for a period of time. I found that to be hopeful.. IMO

And if they are being held underground somewhere they wouldn't be using their credit cards or accounts either. IMO

IIRC, that is conjunction with physical evidence which in this case, they possess. My understanding is the ME ruled them deceased and a ME does this based on only physical findings.

And if they are being held underground somewhere they wouldn't be using their credit cards or accounts either. IMO

I recognize the human need to cling to hope, but LE was VERY clear that they had significant, irreputable evidence to find that all three people were deceased.

He may be a genius at some things but he hasn't been smart enough to evade LE when it came to his previous crimes and he hasn't been extremely smart or genius-like when it comes to his current situation.

He may be a book smart genius when it comes to his work background, but he's no genius when it comes to day to day life and that has been his downfall all along.

Call him a genius if you like but I'm not seeing it.

Um ... I didn't call him anything .. someone else said (paraphrased) he had not been referred to in MSM as intelligent and I posted links to where LE / MSM had referred to him as genius.

IIRC, that is conjunction with physical evidence which in this case, they possess. My understanding is the ME ruled them deceased and a ME does this based on only physical findings.

Just wondering, in you opinion, was it the evidence that came back from the L's house that lead the ME to rule all 3 deceased??? Just wondering...

Just wondering, in you opinion, was it the evidence that came back from the L's house that lead the ME to rule all 3 deceased??? Just wondering...

I can only speculate... Aside from the home, Forensic retrieved evidence from landfills and the Garland property. What that evidence contains will probably not come out until court. I suspect due to the statements made about the Likeness home (violent struggle) that a large quantity of blood and more than likely other human matter was present. They could not make the official determination until testing was completed. They stated it would take a week which falls in line with the press conference confirming the deaths.

There are, specifically in the Red Deer, Calgary and Edmonton areas. My god father used to be high up in the Canadian military (he was never allowed to tell us what his actual position was, only that he was in "information") and once he took my father and grandfather on a tour of the first couple of levels. Crazy security clearance was needed for the rest, which he had but obviously couldnt take my dad down the restricted areas.

View attachment 55248

I have never seen this photo of DG before. He does look kind of old and frail. Could he really carry around over 200lbs of dead weight?

Compare him to the size of the police officer behind him. DG is not a small man. And he probably didn't have to do any carrying. He most likely used a bedsheet to drag, and a board or a ramp of some kind to load the back of his pickup. I'm sure I could do it, and I'm an old woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cnc1967