Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should edit your prev post to say it's not correct. Coincidentally that Realtor was my parent's realtor ... small world!

Also the physical addresses are actually quite far away if you think of the grid system.

LOL. I deleted my relevant posts. Maybe you could delete your #127 which quotes a deleted post of mine. :)

A matter if opinion Krystine. If NO were alive in the vehicle, unlikely AL would purposely have a car wreck IMO. So some added insights on this would be interesting, factoring in the sighting of a similar vehicle by a tipster who said the driver looked like AL. Darn this guy if he would only talk. He surely doesn't hope to bargain less time in the event he is convicted?

Wish they could administer truth serum since DG is under the care of corrections.
Don't understand the ethics involved. Arguably if he's innocent nothing would come out but if guilty, even if a confession under the influence might not be able to be used for prosecution, it would lead to discovery of evidence that can. Fine lines I know.
In fact if he is not guilty why not suggest it himself to exonerate himself?

I wonder if DG had barrels on his parent's property?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/crown-...-family-case-despite-lack-of-bodies-1.1915870

So is that a clue from LE "without the bodies we are missing a few bullets"

"I'm familiar with the evidence and confident that we can make out the elements of the offence beyond a reasonable doubt"

Confidence is always good but sometimes you can get really wrapped up in your own story and your own view which may lead you to overlook things that an outsider might begin to question. I've run into these situations in my professional life where I was absolutely confident I had something as good as gold until outside parties started poking holes in various aspects of the work and data and results.

Police and prosecutors have stated that the victims are deceased. The medical examiner was at the home the day that the disappearance was reported and is probably the person that has confirmed that they are deceased. I think that a death certificate can be filed. This is different from a missing person's case where there is some belief amongst authorities that the missing persons will resurface. They have been declared dead, and that is probably based on blood evidence ... too much blood evidence for the three victims to still be alive.

I'm wondering if the search for missing persons wasn't to keep " the perp" feeling falsely secure in his disposal of the crime scene allowing it to exist so it can be gathered?
Perhaps this is why things appear "not right" to some people?

We don't really know if those two barrels were at the home or if they were brought to the scene by law enforcement for their investigation.

That is true but if you scroll down further in that thread there are also blue ones.

I struggle with donating money after a crime or even an illness takes somebody. How do I know that they didn't have million dollar life insurance policies? I always wish the families themselves would comment as to what their needs are. The calls for cash seem to come so quickly. I did donate for Tim Bosma and thanks to whomever posted the link to his tribute - that's incredible!

I struggle with donating money after a crime or even an illness takes somebody. How do I know that they didn't have million dollar life insurance policies? I always wish the families themselves would comment as to what their needs are. The calls for cash seem to come so quickly. I did donate for Tim Bosma and thanks to whomever posted the link to his tribute - that's incredible!

Also in this case there are now three separate funds that have been set up for the family. There is the online one (gofundraiser or whatever it is called); there is an Alberta Treasury Branch trust fund and there is an account that has been set up at CIBC.

I'm wondering if the search for missing persons wasn't to keep " the perp" feeling falsely secure in his disposal of the crime scene allowing it to exist so it can be gathered?
Perhaps this is why things appear "not right" to some people?

I agree. I think the reason this seems not right to many is that LE is being very safe with their statements and I think that is a good thing. They seem to be competent and confident.

"Parts of Calgary, Airdrie, Sundre and Balzac took a beating Thursday afternoon the skies opened up, pelting down massive hail stones.

Chunks, sometimes the size of tennis balls, fell from the sky shortly after Environment Canada issued severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado watches for much of Alberta."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/17/hail-calgary_n_5597321.html

Also in this case there are now three separate funds that have been set up for the family. There is the online one (gofundraiser or whatever it is called); there is an Alberta Treasury Branch trust fund and there is an account that has been set up at CIBC.

The online fundraising page already has $25,000. Could Alvin's life insurance have been tied in with his Winter Petroleum company, and was that transferred over, or was it cancelled? I wonder if he was between policies given that the work policy might have ended when the company was liquidated. I know that I've had the option of transferring a policy after resigning from a position ... there's usually a couple of months for doing that. I wonder how that works in this situation ... anyone know about insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu