Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING - GRAPHIC:

It is my hunch that none of these victims left the home alive. Forgive me for saying, but I have a feeling they left in garbage bags... that would make sense of the drag marks, why no one saw or heard anything, and why no one saw bodies being transported. It may also explain what they saw in the home to lead them to the determination of homicide. Perhaps the bathtub was used. Sadly, a common method of partial disposal as it is easier to clean up yet still would leave behind trace evidence. I also suspect that is why they are so focused on areas of water... weighed down bags. I apologize for the imagery... I tried to say it as kind as possible.

RBBM ... lead them to the determination of homicide ... iirc, this determination was made after forensic analysis results from the scene came back. LE knew from the scene that person(s) had been gravely injured (paraphrasing). moo

I side with you on this view to a degree; I believe that DG had an accomplice and have links that work with my niggling hunch. However, since I'm still learning the do's and don'ts of websleuths, I am going to write my full post (with links) and send it to admin/mod for approval. I was thinking of sending it to a reporter from a national paper covering the story but think that websleuths has more affect for the greater good.

My hunch actually comes down to non forced entry to the home, and would DG be that welcome considering AL's & DG's background? Who else would be welcome? Then after rereading news reports, two different statements occurred (or had different meanings) and I went sleuthing in a different direction. I must go to bed as I work early in the morning and will send the mods my post by 8:00pm MTN Time, Sunday.

Your post is very interesting and I look forward to your upcoming links/theory.

So I spent a bit of time today googling various names associate with this tragic case and viewing the "image" hits that came up... Once an image is tagged as something it's pretty tough to remove it from the internet... I wanted to see if I could find any past "images" of DG with family ect. Even when u tighten up your FaceBook privacy there can still be "google images" from the past.

Anyway that search lead me to a little nugget that was being discussed last night.

I can see the Calgary Corporate Challenge logo at the bottom right .... all the companies that participate design their own shirts and there is a competition .... that's actually kind of interesting ....

I found the full google image - of the tee-shirt PButtercup is referencing in her post - while googling "PG":

image.jpg

I seem to have issues uploading my screenshots so I am crossing my fingers this works... IMHO this shirt is kinda creepy...

Does anyone remember this shirt ... Must be for sone oilfield maintenance company... It does say " Beat the Heat" as someone guessed before.

Your post is very interesting and I look forward to your upcoming links/theory.

So I spent a bit of time today googling various names associate with this tragic case and viewing the "image" hits that came up... Once an image is tagged as something it's pretty tough to remove it from the internet... I wanted to see if I could find any past "images" of DG with family ect. Even when u tighten up your FaceBook privacy there can still be "google images" from the past.

Anyway that search lead me to a little nugget that was being discussed last night.

I found the full google image - of the tee-shirt PButtercup is referencing in her post - while googling "PG":

[modsnip]

I seem to have issues uploading my screenshots so I am crossing my fingers this works... IMHO this shirt is kinda creepy...

Does anyone remember this shirt ... Must be for sone oilfield maintenance company... It does say " Beat the Heat" as someone guessed before.

The logo on the tshirt "Beat the Heat" please let that not be a subliminal reference from DG although he had no idea he was going to get picked up by LE that early morning however maybe the tshirt phrase gave DG some perverse satisfaction. Oh dear, hate to even think that.

Leeby, great find. Does this mean PG was sending images of this on her phone.

That pic comes up under PG because the photo is from a news article that mentions her name and that she is Allen's wife....

That pic comes up under PG because the photo is from a news article that mentions her name and that she is Allen's wife....

Yes it's tragic that her name will forever be inextricably linked in this way, poor woman. She is in the most invidious position and my heart goes out to her. Another victim!

The logo on the tshirt "Beat the Heat" please let that not be a subliminal reference from DG although he had no idea he was going to get picked up by LE that early morning however maybe the tshirt phrase gave DG some perverse satisfaction. Oh dear, hate to even think that.

Leeby, great find. Does this mean PG was sending images of this on her phone.

I totally agree that the uncanny reference to the police (heat) is disturbing. If he is a genius IQ (as previous court docs implied), as well as, possible psychopath...those types of witty references flying in the face of LE would make him feel "in control"...

In terms of PG sending it from her phone .., I have no idea.., I'm not very good with understanding how the images get tagged/coded in the background. It may have just been that a media article with her name on it had the photo and so the google search hit on it.

I have noticed a lot of info/images/birds eye video ect appear to scrubber from the internet as the investigation proceeded. For example, the first day police entered the Garland property Global news posted a 5.5minute long video and then the following day the exact same link was only 2.5mins ... I've been saving some of the links I find...

Yes it's tragic that her name will forever be inextricably linked in this way, poor woman. She is in the most invidious position and my heart goes out to her. Another victim!

I completely agree. In fact it is almost the most disturbing part... What he took from his sister. I think about the joy and pride she must have been feeling to finally get to share her children with their paternal Grandparents. I'm sure she knew how much AL and KL live little NO... IMHO they were moving to Edmonton just to spend time with their other Grandchildren.

I cannot get every victem if this sick evil crime out of my mind. The brokenness all must be feeling :( :(...

No the image wasn't SENT from Patti. If you google her name it is one of the photos that comes up in the results

I'm very curious about the t-shirt choices... Does the Remand centre pick those shirts from a pile of donations? If so, I would like them to not use company logo'd t-shirts, or any shirts with suggestive pics/wording. If it is Garland making these choices, he is at the very least thumbing his nose at the companies whose t-shirts he wears. I think the shirt above says "Feel the Heat" and it is probably some company's Corporate Challenge shirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm very curious about the t-shirt choices... Does the Remand centre pick those shirts from a pile of donations? If so, I would like them to not use company logo'd t-shirts, or any shirts with suggestive pics/wording. If it is Garland making these choices, he is at the very least thumbing his nose at the companies whose t-shirts he wears. I think the shirt above says "Feel the Heat" and it is probably some company's Corporate Challenge shirt.

It was DG's shirt that he was arrested in. I don't find it too mysterious that he is wearing a shirt from a petroleum company. The whole area is filled with petroleum companies. I bet half the city of Calgary has a shirt or a pen or hat with some type of petroleum logo on it.

Feel the Heat was the theme of the 2002 Calgary Corporate challenge.

Feel the Heat was the theme of the 2002 Calgary Corporate challenge.

And as I said earlier a great irony. He certainly must have been feeling the heat at that moment!

I also think that since DG was not allowed back in the home that somehow he had clothes donated/purchased form him.

Do we have any evidence that DG was a hunter? I don't believe he was. If there is a link, please share.

No. There has be no information to suggest that DG had anything to do with hunting. It cannot be said that he was a hunter.

I find DGs choice of t-shirt interesting. He was described as intelligent (don't remember anything about "high IQ") and clever. I was curious what clever meant in DGs case. His choice of t-shirt suggests that he thinks he's clever and amusing at the same time. That is, he was wearing a "feel the heat" shirt when he was probably expecting to be arrested. Since the murders are pre-planned, what would he think was a just resting place for someone that he believed wronged him ... my guess is that, for DG, it is some place that brings a smile to his face ... something that amuses him.

For those that believe three bodies were burned to ashes, how could this have been achieved?

It is not possible to have an open fire on the prairies at the temperature required to turn bodies to ashes ... so how would this have been done?

Rambling thoughts ... Perhaps an abandoned gas well would be a likely spot for the bodies. Maybe the location is somehow related to the patent idea. The patent concept was to separate water from gas. There are probably a lot of culverts in the area ... separates water from land. I wonder if there are two separate body locations ... he would only have planned for two bodies.

For those that believe three bodies were burned to ashes, how could this have been achieved?

It is not possible to have an open fire on the prairies at the temperature required to turn bodies to ashes ... so how would this have been done?

Awful to contemplate but: [PDF]Resomation—more than you wanted to know
www.fcapeninsula.org/Resomation.for.newsletter.pdf
Resomation—more than you wanted to know. “Resomation” is a coined word that refers to the alkaline hydrolysis method of corpse/carcass disposal. Touted as ...

I sure hope LE have checked DG's parents house very thoroughly in the basement for hidden bunkers, dugouts... DG wouldn't be the first to hid his abductees this way. Dead or alive. I.e. N. Kampusch. MOO.

Also trap doors under the greenhouse as well.

Why do you think you can't burn a body down to ashes?

Burn them, pulverize the bones somehow, maybe with a custom made machine perhaps, and dispose of the ash and dust as you please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24