CANADA Canada- Amanda Antoni, 31, found dead in her basement, considered suspicious but ruled an accidental fall down stairs, Calgary, 26/10/15, *Netflix*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In Canada, drywall quality has changed over the last 60 years. Initially it was strong, hard to dent. Today it is so soft that nudging a chair that is touching the drywall can leave a dent.
So true, my little kids swung open a bedroom door where the door handle hit the wall and put a hole in the dry wall. I was also rocking my baby in a rocking chair a few years ago and I guess slammed the chair into the wall while rocking and 2 holes there now too from the rocking chair... We would seem rowdy but it's just crappy drywall!!

I wondered, why A's husband said (if he did?), that Amanda didn't like to go down into the basement.
Why did it seem important to him?
I think, whether she liked it or not, as a housewife certainly she HAD to go there every now and then (with the laundry basket, with the cleaning bucket and so on?). Or was the husband so nice to do it for her?

I wondered, why A's husband said (if he did?), that Amanda didn't like to go down into the basement.
Why did it seem important to him?
I think, whether she liked it or not, as a housewife certainly she HAD to go there every now and then (with the laundry basket, with the cleaning bucket and so on?). Or was the husband so nice to do it for her?
I recall that detail from the Netflix series. I think he was questioning why she remained in the basement after the injury - since she didn't like the basement. It doesn't add up.

Maybe he was lamenting the fact that she didn't like that space and that's where she died.

In Canada, drywall quality has changed over the last 60 years. Initially it was strong, hard to dent. Today it is so soft that nudging a chair that is touching the drywall can leave a dent.
Oh my! I'm glad for our thick solid walls in England. A 400lb person could throw themselves against them with all their force and they won't ever move! You're lucky to find a good drill bit to drill a hole in them too!

By the way, how do you repair dented drywall in the US & Canada?

(Sorry for the slight derailment) but hard/soft walls are interesting from a crime perspective, especially in this case!

Oh my! I'm glad for our thick solid walls in England. A 400lb person could throw themselves against them with all their force and they won't ever move! You're lucky to find a good drill bit to drill a hole in them too!

By the way, how do you repair dented drywall in the US & Canada?

(Sorry for the slight derailment) but hard/soft walls are interesting from a crime perspective, especially in this case!
Drywall mud, scraper, sandpaper, paint.

Quick search of Castleridge history - houses were built between 1980-1990. The drywall is not nearly as soft as houses built in 2020. When Amanda's head pushed into the piggy bank, two things happened. The piggy bank dented the wall, and it broke on her head.

Drywall mud, scraper, sandpaper, paint.

Quick search of Castleridge history - houses were built between 1980-1990. The drywall is not nearly as soft as houses built in 2020. When Amanda's head pushed into the piggy bank, two things happened. The piggy bank dented the wall, and it broke on her head.
I'm still having a serious problem with that piggy bank. Not just the angle but the break.

It looked pretty thick from the photo. Wouldn't she have to hit it twice? Once to crack/break it and a second to get the fatal slice/cut? IIRC the shards on the stairs looked quite small and it was described fragments embedded into her forehead, the fatal cut was right side of orbital/eye to forehead.

It almost seems like a smash with forehead to break the object and with that pointed jagged exposed a second hit would make quite a cut. Unless the piggy bank's whole face just cracked off with one impact, but then why the fragments if so?

And is it a lamb or a pig? I have tried to find a match to see original 'face' of the bank, searching all over but nothing yet.

1724394645663.png

Did Amanda have a broken neck? If she hit the piggy bank from 5 feet away (on the dining room floor), crashed into the PB that was against a wall, and the ledge (which is made of 2x4s), did she have broken collar bone, neck, or ribs?

I'm still having a serious problem with that piggy bank. Not just the angle but the break.

It looked pretty thick from the photo. Wouldn't she have to hit it twice? Once to crack/break it and a second to get the fatal slice/cut? IIRC the shards on the stairs looked quite small and it was described fragments embedded into her forehead, the fatal cut was right side of orbital/eye to forehead.

It almost seems like a smash with forehead to break the object and with that pointed jagged exposed a second hit would make quite a cut. Unless the piggy bank's whole face just cracked off with one impact, but then why the fragments if so?

And is it a lamb or a pig? I have tried to find a match to see original 'face' of the bank, searching all over but nothing yet.

View attachment 526301
Lamb. Thick ceramic. Parts must be inside the lamb. The lamb might have slightly moved or turned along the ledge behind the railing when Amanda crashed into it.

I think she hit the lamb once ... while she was on the phone. The phone is 8-10 feet from the stairs, but she dropped the phone, and catapulted into the lamb so hard that she kept tumbling down the stairs, leaving lamb fragments in her head and on the stairs. She left blood on the wall at the bottom of the stairs.

She moved to another corner of the basement and bled over a large area in the basement. She walked to the stairs, did not go upstairs, returned to the pool of blood in the corner, and died. Why didn't she go upstairs?

Lamb. Thick ceramic. Parts must be inside the lamb. The lamb might have slightly moved or turned along the ledge behind the railing when Amanda crashed into it.

She moved to another corner of the basement and bled over a large area in the basement. She walked to the stairs, did not go upstairs, returned to the pool of blood in the corner, and died. Why didn't she go upstairs?
I think it would have been because she had double vision or felt faint from her injuries/blood loss.

I picture her having her terrible fall and getting hurt and seeing a LOT of blood, lying on the floor, struggling to stand upright, barely making her way over to the foot of the stairs, and then she stands there and looks up.

With her major injury being so near her eye (orbital bone), I think it likely she had double vision. So swaying, feeling dizzy and faint, barely able to keep her balance on the solid floor, looking up to the top of the stairs possibly with double vision... it must have looked to her in this condition, like a monumental task to try to make it back up the stairs. She may have realized she couldn't do it without falling again and decided not to try just then. Or all the blood (either just the sight of it which makes many people faint, or the heavy loss of blood which makes us weak and faint) may have caused her to pass out, and then she bled out so quickly that she never had a chance to try to go back up.

I'm reading some interesting info from another site from someone who lived in the house from 1999-2005.

I can't post it here but maybe I can paraphrase? Mods, please snip if this isn't allowed, some interesting tidbits to take with a grain of salt but still interesting:

1. I guess the house was exactly as that owner left it - paint, floors, fence, everything.
2. Mentioned no way the phone would break on that laminate.
3. Regarding that weird corner on the stairs - when owner bought and sold the house, both inspectors said it was to code because there was a hand railing on the other side. Mentioned it looks worse than it really is and yes it is open but you can't fall through that hole the way you think.
4. Old owner thinks maybe hard at that angle to hit piggy bank and it would've fallen off the shelf having lived there for 6 years BUT said bizarre but still possible to slip and hit it. Also mentioned theres pieces of that pig all the way to the back wall around the corner of the basement
5. There is laminate on the top 2 stairs, could possible be slippery if she was wearing the slippers. Old owner has wiped out on those stairs himself.
6. Basement is pitch black and would've been really cold that time of year.
7. Laundry room is in basement.
8. Previous owner did not like the basement either, he doesn't believe in ghosts or paranormal but still got creeped out down there because he said it's pitch black.

I'm reading some interesting info from another site from someone who lived in the house from 1999-2005.

I can't post it here but maybe I can paraphrase? Mods, please snip if this isn't allowed, some interesting tidbits to take with a grain of salt but still interesting:

1. I guess the house was exactly as that owner left it - paint, floors, fence, everything.
2. Mentioned no way the phone would break on that laminate.
3. Regarding that weird corner on the stairs - when owner bought and sold the house, both inspectors said it was to code because there was a hand railing on the other side. Mentioned it looks worse than it really is and yes it is open but you can't fall through that hole the way you think.
4. Old owner thinks maybe hard at that angle to hit piggy bank and it would've fallen off the shelf having lived there for 6 years BUT said bizarre but still possible to slip and hit it. Also mentioned theres pieces of that pig all the way to the back wall around the corner of the basement
5. There is laminate on the top 2 stairs, could possible be slippery if she was wearing the slippers. Old owner has wiped out on those stairs himself.
7. Laundry room is in basement.
8. Previous owner did not like the basement either, he doesn't believe in ghosts or paranormal but still got creeped out down there because he said it's pitch black.
I disagree regarding decisions about code based on hand rails. There are no barriers or handrails on a section of the dining room floor.

3. "both inspectors said it was to code because there was a hand railing on the other side." Did they look at this detail?

1724399646905.png

No lights in the basement, where the washer/dryer was located? That sounds like another code violation. I'm skeptical. There must have been lights in the basement. It looks like a developer neighbourhood with standard 35' lot floorplans.

Forced air furnace means the basement is the same temperature as the rest of the house - especially since the furnace is in the basement.

I disagree with this as well. Why would the basement be "pitch black" and "really cold"? It's not a cellar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back