Canada - Anthony Raine, 17 mos, found dead, Edmonton, April 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Crier is charged with the second-degree murder of his son on April 18. He is also charged with criminal negligence causing death "in failing to seek medical care for serious injuries," again on April 18.
He is charged with failing to provide the necessaries of life to his son between the dates of March 14 and April 18.
He is also charged with committing an assault causing bodily harm to the boy between April 14 and April 18, and with assaulting him on April 17.

Police are holding a media availability at 3 p.m. Monday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ddler-found-outside-edmonton-church-1.4082873

Heartbreaking. If the "failing to provide the necessities" allegations are true, between Mar 14 and April 18, almost an entire month, nobody intervened by raising alarm bells that something was not right in the care of this child.

I just don't get how some people can place such low value on life. If caring for the child was too much of a burden for either parent, then Social Services is only a phonecall away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I found her Facebook but again I only have the app on my phone and when I try the web version just takes me to app.
She is under her name with a fairy or something and a devil or something embracing each other in profile pic. It's her because she has his picture. The male suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I found her Facebook but again I only have the app on my phone and when I try the web version just takes me to app.
She is under her name with a fairy or something and a devil or something embracing each other in profile pic. It's her because she has his picture. The male suspect.

https://www.facebook.com/tasha.d.mack.7

So his mother hadn't seen him since before March 14th? Does she live far away or what?

It takes a whole village to raise a child, is very much part of native culture. It is not unusual in Native families for children to live at an aunt or uncles, grand parent or such. I do believe mom went back to school. If mom was living in a northern town, internet access is not reliable and may not always be available. Just food for thought.

I hope this is okay to link because it does explain that something is really broken regarding indigenous children in Alberta in general and nobody seems to understand what the problem is, in order to fix it. It's well beyond blame of any individuals each time another tragedy occurs involving the poor care of a child and in the case of Anthony, his situation was not that of foster care.

My hope is that Anthony's death will not be in vain and it will help to uncover the issues (in addition to a girl by the name of Serenity, another tragic case) that's causing statistics such as this:

"Indigenous children made up 59 per cent of the children receiving services, despite Alberta’s indigenous people making up only six per cent of the province’s population."
http://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...care-with-indigenous-families-stalled-larivee

NOTE: Anthony's age has been corrected to 19 months.

Crier appeared in court Monday via closed-circuit television. Wearing orange coveralls, and with a goatee and blond highlights in his short hair, he kept his arms folded throughout his appearance and looked straight into the camera.

He was ordered to have no contact with his co-accused. He was also ordered to have no contact with two potential Crown witnesses, identified as Alexa Noseworthy and the boy's mother, Dalyce Raine.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...y-s-body-found-near-edmonton-church-1.4082873

Let's not make this about race, please. Dad was violent against his kid and did not go to get medical assistance for Anthony for over a month and neither did his girlfriend. We don't even know if Anthony was already dead when he was left at the church. I've followed so many cases of violence, neglect and murder on here and these evil things are global. JMO

So many people are trying so hard to have babies and can't. So many of us would have stepped in and helped. Why does this happen?
I know it happens way to often but it just stabs my heart abit more when in Canada. Jmo. Poor Anthony.

Let's not make this about race, please. Dad was violent against his kid and did not go to get medical assistance for Anthony for over a month and neither did his girlfriend. We don't even know if Anthony was already dead when he was left at the church. I've followed so many cases of violence, neglect and murder on here and these evil things are global. JMO

Let's not accuse people of making this about race.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...or-toddler-found-dead-outside-edmonton-church
You don’t even want to speak about it. Bruises all over his body, and I’ll leave it at that,” said Hunter, after revealing the child died of head trauma. “I’m a dad with three kids; it lays heavy on everyone.”

“He likely passed before he was placed at the church,” Hunter said, noting a blanket found at the scene may have been used to cover the toddler and hide him from view.

On Monday morning, both Crier and Mack made brief court appearances via CCTV. Crier was calm, standing with arms crossed and answered with a clear “Yes” when asked a question by the judge. Mack kept her eyes lowered and arms crossed, choking up as she responded to questions in court.

Both Crier and Mack remained in custody Monday and neither had retained a lawyer. The case was adjourned until May 8, and the judge ordered Crier and Mack have no contact with one another unless legal counsel is present.

Crier and Mack — who officers said Monday were the child’s guardians — were arrested Saturday night after being on a city bus in northwest Edmonton

Let's not accuse people of making this about race.

Obviously this has nothing to do with skin colour or nationality. This is a very sad situation where the father of a 19 month old toddler was violent towards his son throughout the child's life. It's disgraceful that the 25 year old girlfriend did nothing about the violence. I'm sorry to see that the charge is 2nd degree murder. Every 26 year old who has custody of his own child should know that repeated acts of violence against a toddler will more than likely result in severe injuries and possibly death.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2017/04/24/22719887.html

On Monday, Anglican Diocese of Edmonton, Bishop Jane Alexander, asked for prayers for the child and said the vigil will be held Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the 15495 Castle Downs Road church. Everyone is welcome to the vigil, to light a votive candle or to sit for a time of prayer or silence and remember the little boy, said Alexander, attending a conference in London this week.
http://bestanimations.com/HomeOffice/Lights/Candles/Candles.html
attachment.php

Attachments

• animated-candle.gif
    animated-candle.gif
    296.3 KB · Views: 249
I hope this is okay to link because it does explain that something is really broken regarding indigenous children in Alberta in general and nobody seems to understand what the problem is, in order to fix it. It's well beyond blame of any individuals each time another tragedy occurs involving the poor care of a child and in the case of Anthony, his situation was not that of foster care.

My hope is that Anthony's death will not be in vain and it will help to uncover the issues (in addition to a girl by the name of Serenity, another tragic case) that's causing statistics such as this:

"Indigenous children made up 59 per cent of the children receiving services, despite Alberta’s indigenous people making up only six per cent of the province’s population."
http://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...care-with-indigenous-families-stalled-larivee

I understand what you are saying, but there are so many worldwide examples from just the last century (starting with the terror of WW1 and going forward to chemical weapons in Syria) where children are terrorized throughout childhood, and yet they are able to make good choices as adults. At the risk of sounding unsympathetic, I think there is a bit of "fatigue" in the Canadian population with giving special consideration and exception to the aboriginal community ... all my humble opinion. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the courts go easy on the father, even though beat his child to death, because he is aboriginal.

I see a female baby doll face down in a pink and white possibly checked dress. It is face down and backwards inside the stroller.

Joey Crier/Tasha Mack charged w/ 2nd degree murder, crim. neg. causing death, assault & more @GlobalEdmonton #yeg

[video=twitter;856532725716484096]https://twitter.com/kendraslugoski/status/856532725716484096[/video]

What does 2nd degree w/ crim neg causing death & assault entail? Were they too rough with him?

IMO, Anthony was abused and because of that abuse, he died.
Possibly shaken?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back