Canada - Anthony Raine, 17 mos, found dead, Edmonton, April 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

From the article linked above:
attachment.php

A memorial for 19-month-old Anthony Joseph Gordon Raine inside the Chief Peter Bull Health and Wellness Memorial Centre on the Louis Bull Tribe on Monday, April 24, 2017. Bloom, David / Postmedia

"A wake in his mother’s home community of Louis Bull Cree Nation at Maskwacis, about 90 km south of Edmonton, was held Monday."

There will be a vigil Tuesday evening at the church where Anthony's body was foun : "On Monday, Anglican Bishop Jane Alexander asked for prayers for the child and said a vigil will be held from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the church, 15495 Castle Downs Rd."

Attachments

• anthony shrine.jpeg
    anthony shrine.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 250
It seems the toddler was already dead when he was placed outside the church. As tragic as this entire situation is, it seems even more tragic that the two accused were able to go about their lives for 3 full days, knowing the baby was laying dead undiscovered outside in the elements. Seems even more revolting. moo.

In one of the news videos above which interviews Crier's sister, she says they left her 'couch' on Monday. Assuming the video/photo was taken of the couple in a grocery store pushing what appears to be a stroller with no toddler in it, after that time on the same day, I wonder when the baby was actually killed.

In the news video linked above with the accused's sister, she says the stroller seen in the video/photo released of the couple, was hers. It also shows the stroller back at her place, in the video interview. I wonder when it was returned to her, and where she thought the toddler was when it was returned, and why the couple no longer required the use of it.

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/GlobalEdmonton/videos/10154340757130927/

Attachments

• Crier sister stroller.jpg
    Crier sister stroller.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 274

Christie Blatchford's manner of writing that addresses the reality of today - compassionate cynicism is the best I can do at describing it, is brilliant imo.

People prefer not to talk race, but I feel it's important to add context, especially for readers from afar. It's helpful to understand that many aboriginals believe past racial issues including residential schooling are the cause of their problems, which even today may be heavily reflected in poor parenting behaviour if it's passed down from one generation to the next and to the next and next.

In this case I would think that might also be a possible explanation (non-judgemental) because mom, dad, girlfriend, siblings, all quite young and also not one of them appeared to have recognized the need to seek help or recognize danger signals regarding the care of this child. In my opinion to not notice is an indication that possible abuse (hitting) is normal and a learned behaviour* based on the style of their own upbringing....

But the topic of wrongdoing and blame has become such a political issue at both the federal and provincial levels that it's as if no one can any longer see the tree in the forest.

Politics has no business meddling in cultural matters, has always been my opinion. It makes the problems worse. I have great empathy for aboriginals because sometimes too much in the way of politics, organizations, lawyers and lawsuits results in an unsympathetic general public, considering the average aboriginal member really has no say.

As Christie Blatchford eludes to, after tragedies such as this everyone goes through the motions of caring and loving but nothing really changes. Makes me sad.

* I should add for context, it literally has become an established fact that the residential schools operated by various religious organizations were responsible for injecting violent behaviour and abuse into their culture.

Christie Blatchford's manner of writing that addresses the reality of today - compassionate cynicism is the best I can do at describing it, is brilliant imo.

People prefer not to talk race, but I feel it's important to add context, especially for readers from afar. It's helpful to understand that many aboriginals believe past racial issues including residential schooling are the cause of their problems, which even today may be heavily reflected in poor parenting behaviour if it's passed down from one generation to the next and to the next and next.

In this case I would think that might also be a possible explanation (non-judgemental) because mom, dad, girlfriend, siblings, all quite young and also not one of them appeared to have recognized the need to seek help or recognize danger signals regarding the care of this child. In my opinion to not notice is an indication that possible abuse (hitting) is normal and a learned behaviour based on the style of their own upbringing....

But the topic of wrongdoing and blame has become such a political issue at both the federal and provincial levels that it's as if no one can any longer see the tree in the forest.

Politics has no business meddling in cultural matters, has always been my opinion. It makes the problems worse. I have great empathy for aboriginals because sometimes too much in the way of politics, organizations, lawyers and lawsuits results in an unsympathetic general public, considering the average aboriginal member really has no say.

As Christie Blatchford eludes to, after tragedies such as this everyone goes through the motions of caring and loving but nothing really changes. Makes me sad.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM

There is no proof that the experiences of a parent, grandparent, or great grandparent results in abusive, criminal behaviour in the child, grandchild, or great-grandchild. Case in point: children who survived Auschwitz. Normal adults know the difference between right and wrong, and there has yet to be a case where a murderer or criminal has successfully argued that criminal behaviour is excused because of "bad childhood", or "bad parents". This is true of all peoples regardless of nationality and race.

Mom is 19 years old, dad is 26 years old. That's a normal age for many to start raising a family.

From watching video interviews, the sister with the stroller seems to be the only one who is emotional about the death of Anthony. If only she had known to probe deeper into the bruising.

Watching the sister, I really admire her for speaking out. I believe her to be totally sincere in her emotional response but at the same time, it's as if she was sincerely oblivious to the red flags of possible danger to this child while under the care of her brother.

Her interview was on my mind as I was writing my post, just above.

BBM

There is no proof that the experiences of a parent, grandparent, or great grandparent results in abusive, criminal behaviour in the child, grandchild, or great-grandchild. Case in point: children who survived Auschwitz. Normal adults know the difference between right and wrong, and there has yet to be a case where a murderer or criminal has successfully argued that criminal behaviour is excused because of "bad childhood", or "bad parents". This is true of all peoples regardless of nationality and race.

Mom is 19 years old, dad is 26 years old. That's a normal age for many to start raising a family.

Well yeah but the Reserve situation brings a unique aspect. Other survivors went their way and then assimilated into society.

The reserve where the memorial was held is now called Maskwacis but maybe you recognize it as it's previous name - Hobbema.

There's actually four different bands involved and because of huge oil revenue, poverty is not a likely factor. While I'm not aboriginal, their culture along with their issues have always fascinated me. From where I live, on a trip to Edmonton I often drive through Maskwacis just to imagine what it must be like to live there. After many years of doing this, no I simply cannot:-(
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maskwacis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

big photo snipped from quote

A memorial for 19-month-old Anthony Joseph Gordon Raine inside the Chief Peter Bull Health and Wellness Memorial Centre on the Louis Bull Tribe on Monday, April 24, 2017. Bloom, David / Postmedia

"A wake in his mother’s home community of Louis Bull Cree Nation at Maskwacis, about 90 km south of Edmonton, was held Monday."

There will be a vigil Tuesday evening at the church where Anthony's body was foun : "On Monday, Anglican Bishop Jane Alexander asked for prayers for the child and said a vigil will be held from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the church, 15495 Castle Downs Rd."

Before someone nitpicks the memorial photo I snipped from the above quote: yes, those are packs of cigarettes on the right side. Traditional Aboriginal ceremonies are performed with tobacco and these days it's often just the store-bought packs. So it isn't a negative thing, like a lazy person leaving all their smokes in the memorial.

Before someone nitpicks the memorial photo I snipped from the above quote: yes, those are packs of cigarettes on the right side. Traditional Aboriginal ceremonies are performed with tobacco and these days it's often just the store-bought packs. So it isn't a negative thing, like a lazy person leaving all their smokes in the memorial.
Thank you for this information! I'm always learning something new here.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you! I get it ! Because of residential school history, it is more difficult (perhaps impossible) to place an aboriginal child in a non-aboriginal foster home. If there is no suitable aboriginal caregiver, perhaps this is the inevitable result.
I have a Caucasian friend who fosters children. The majority of them are indigenous...They can be fostered, but typically not adopted as they belong to the band. My friend fostered Rachel Quintet's baby Alex. 😊. She wanted to adopt him but couldn't as the band he belonged to took him in . 😊. Happy ending for Alex but sadly, not for his mother. Not little Anthony...Absolutely heartbreaking.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

I love how Blatch doubts that the mother could actually be going to school for nursing when she didn't finish high school. Good job Blatch. She was preggo and had to quit school to have the baby. SMH. JMO

I feel like this article is an editorial and based on opinions. it could end up true, but it might not. and if the mother had not graduated, its quite possible she got equivalency and was taking a certified nurse assistant course, which is not that long, ony requires an equivalency and in fact American social services do send welfare recipients to this course. I am going to wait before judging.

The mom claimed that the child was with the father for only the last month - to help out while the mom was enrolled in some sort of nursing program, yet information that is coming out is that this child was abused throughout his life, and that he had recent and not-recent injuries. That suggests that both parents abused this child. Head trauma was a repeated event.

"The charges suggest that Anthony had injuries both recent and not, that his death, the result of head trauma according to Hunter, was not the result of a sudden single burst of temper, but rather part of ongoing treatment, and that Crier and Mack also failed to get him medical attention."

Contradicting this claim:

"CBC said Crier was looking after Anthony while Raine went to nursing school, though it doesn’t appear she graduated from high school."

And then the story gets muddy:

"Police said the two [accused] were Anthony’s legal guardians."

So why didn't one of the parents or extended family react to the lifetime of abuse and take this child to a doctor?

"Is there in fact another child named Anisa and if so who is caring for her?"

Where is the other child?

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-c...y-deserves-more-than-platitudes-and-memorials

I feel like this article is an editorial and based on opinions. it could end up true, but it might not. and if the mother had not graduated, its quite possible she got equivalency and was taking a certified nurse assistant course, which is not that long, ony requires an equivalency and in fact American social services do send welfare recipients to this course. I am going to wait before judging.

The fact that Blatchford INVESTIGATED the MOTHER who had nothing to do with the death of her son disgusts me. It is ALL opinion. How about she investigate the two arrested suspects the way she looked up and reported about the mother's facebook information as fact (!) and her high school's yearbooks. SMH. Journalism is dead. JMO

they referred to "new and old injuries" they didn't say how old. coulda been a month old. we don't know.

The fact that Blatchford INVESTIGATED the MOTHER who had nothing to do with the death of her son disgusts me. It is ALL opinion. How about she investigate the two arrested suspects the was she looked up and reported about the mother's facebook information as fact (!) and her high school's yearbooks. SMH. Journalism is dead. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87
Back