CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been questioning this since that interview, being part of the staff she surely would have known that her school was getting an extra ped day once march break ended, to mention at the last minute, well his sisters were in school so I decided to take him with me is so odd, it should have been planned in advance.

Given how close the school is to their house i really think she was planning on leaving him alone because hey, if he has any problems, he could just come and get her. I think it’s likely she’d just never left him alone before and got cold feet last minute and decided to take him, because it literally makes 0 sense that she wouldn’t have known her daughters wouldn’t be there to watch him.

I skimmed an article yesterday and there was something about water barriers for the body. Maybe someone local knows whether the power station is down stream from the park where Ariel was last seen.

It is. Not only did LE search around the dam early on, but they also had Hydro Quebec close the flood gates as much as possible to lower the current on the other side.

The original time frame was directly provided by the SPVM, if I recall correctly.
Sounds like the witness thaught she saw Ariel around 2pm, and some footage recovered afterwards shows him entering the park at 11:25

March 16, Jean-Pierre Brabant mentioning the 2 o'clock sighting (at around 1:10 - "We want to know if, Monday, from 2pm, we can confirm little Ariel was in Parc des Bateliers")

http://www.sympatico.ca/videos?target=1.3693197

It is. Not only did LE search around the dam early on, but they also had Hydro Quebec close the flood gates as much as possible to lower the current on the other side.

Thank you! That must be what I read - although I didn't pay much attention as it's difficult to know how long it will take a body to get there. He could be caught on ice, or underwater debris. Ultimately, that is where he will float. Without barriers, I suspect that his body will never be found. But - what about the locks?

The original time frame was directly provided by the SPVM, if I recall correctly.
Sounds like the witness thaught she saw Ariel around 2pm, and some footage recovered afterwards shows him entering the park at 11:25

It was a police error in the timeline which only now has been corrected. (smh)

He also acknowledged that police had erred when initially reporting the timeline of the disappearance, after saying Ariel had last been seen around 2:30 p.m. on March 12. Instead, Ariel had actually last been seen by a witness in the park at about 11:25 a.m.
"This is really our fault, I'm talking about the communication side," he said.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canad...ther-rejects-police-drowning-theory-1.3853661

Thinking that maybe the time change contributed to any confusion regarding time.imo.
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/canada/montreal
Mar 11, 2018 - Daylight Saving Time Started

When local standard time was about to reach
Sunday, March 11, 2018, 2:00:00 am clocks were turned forward 1 hour to
Sunday, March 11, 2018, 3:00:00 am local daylight time instead.

Sunrise and sunset were about 1 hour later on Mar 11, 2018 than the day before. There was more light in the evening.

I read a stat somewhere that 92 percent of missing children are found within a week. That makes this an unusual situation.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
For sure most children either lost, abducted or drowned are usually found within one week. I imagine the statistics change dramatically for children feared drowned in fast-moving ice covered rivers. It is almost impossible to predict and plot where and when a body may surface. I really hope the parents do not have to live with the torment of “not knowing” for much longer, but in reality with the vagaries of a Canadian Spring it could be months before an accidental drowning can chalked up as such.
—-— * Much love ❤️ for Ariel’s parents * ——-

He also acknowledged that police had erred when initially reporting the timeline of the disappearance, after saying Ariel had last been seen around 2:30 p.m. on March 12. Instead, Ariel had actually last been seen by a witness in the park at about 11:25 a.m.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canad...ther-rejects-police-drowning-theory-1.3853661

Hmmmm. That’s a pretty big error to communicate. And the police let it stand for over a week without correcting it. I don’t know what to think anymore.

[/B]

Hmmmm. That’s a pretty big error to communicate. And the police let it stand for over a week without correcting it. I don’t know what to think anymore.

I have been thinking about this a lot. I think the time change the day before for DST can account for some sloppiness in the time-line but 2 hours?!? It made me think about when I was anglophone learning French when I first moved here: one of my frequent problems was differentiating the spoken 12 o’clock with 2 o’clock: douze heures v’s deux_heures. Most francophones would have no problem but an anglophone could easily make the error that when someone said “about 12 o’clock” ( environs de douze heures) maybe they heard and reported environs de deux_heures (2:00pm). With the speed this was reported it could have been picked up by multiple outlets, all then reporting 2:00pm instead of 12:00 midday.

I have been thinking about this a lot. I think the time change the day before for DST can account for some sloppiness in the time-line but 2 hours?!? It made me think about when I was anglophone learning French when I first moved here: one of my frequent problems was differentiating the spoken 12 o’clock with 2 o’clock: douze heures v’s deux_heures. Most francophones would have no problem but an anglophone could easily make the error that when someone said “about 12 o’clock” ( environs de douze heures) maybe they heard and reported environs de deux_heures (2:00pm). With the speed this was reported it could have been picked up by multiple outlets, all then reporting 2:00pm instead of 12:00 midday.
Good thinking. You also made me think of something else, I lived in Quebec for three months as a teenager and they used a 24 hour clock. Is that still the case? For example, 2:30 would be 14:30.. etc. Perhaps another source of confusion.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I could understand a translation error but the first communications were in french and all media including the french press widely reported the 2pm witness sighting. The police left that information out there in all media for 10 days. It’s odd. And to me indicates that there may be a strategy in place.

ETA. An example of french media reports that ere widely circulated. http://m.quebec.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/03/14/ariel-jeffrey-kouakou-disparition-montreal_a_23385814/

L'alerte a notamment permis de retrouver une femme qui avait parlé au garçon au parc des Bateliers - un témoin "très crédible", que les policiers voulaient à tout prix retracer. La police s'est entretenue mardi soir avec cette femme qui aurait aperçu le garçon la veille, vers 14 h, dans le parc des Batelie

I'm speechless, because what I want to say, I can't.
That's a 3 hours difference.
11:30 to 12:30 to 1:30 to 2:30
I'm speechless.

I'm sorry Ariel. I was really hoping you would have been found by now.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

I'm speechless, because what I want to say, I can't.
That's a 3 hours difference.
11:30 to 12:30 to 1:30 to 2:30
I'm speechless.

I'm sorry Ariel. I was really hoping you would have been found by now.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

If I were his parents, I would be wanting even more to speak to that witness and see the video footage. I can't imagine thinking for a week that my son was wandering in a park for 3 hours, only to be told that it was a mistake. I would be frustrated at not being able to talk to that woman myself, that's for sure. I suddenly understand the dad's position. What's going on with the PI they hired, I wonder.

If I were his parents, I would be wanting even more to speak to that witness and see the video footage. I can't imagine thinking for a week that my son was wandering in a park for 3 hours, only to be told that it was a mistake. I would be frustrated at not being able to talk to that woman myself, that's for sure. I suddenly understand the dad's position. What's going on with the PI they hired, I wonder.

The strength and patience of this man is remarkable.

Someone on Ariel's facebook group said this yesterday :

I really think this was a kidnapping, my brother's friend's little brother also lives in that same area. And two days after Ariel went missing, his little brother who is 10 years old was walking to take the school bus when he was stopped by someone in a black dodge and the guy was wearing a skii mask and told him to come in his car and he knew his parents, the kid went running and then the man let out his dog and the kid ran into the school on louisberg and he told an adult there and the teachers callled the cops... I KNOW THIS SEEMS LIKE A CRAZY STORY, and its actually true, i think ariel's should ask the cops about this incident, because there was a police report that was actually filed. I asked my brother to get the police report from his friend. I know there is a lot of false stories going around and want to legitimate my claims, i didnt speak up earlier because i thought the cops were already looking for this man who tried to kidnap a 10 year old kid in the same neighbourhood DAYS after ariel's disappearance. Maybe there is no link to these incidents but now that the cops are saying they think he fell into the river---it;s like...... HOW COULD THEY IGNORE THIS INCIDENT? are the cops just hiding this incideint, i thought what happen to my brothers friends 10 year old brother would be more exposed so that people would be aware on what angle to look for.... but now that the cops are thinking otherwise i think theyre completely ignoring this angle because they dont wanna scare the public.

Another person responded :

Cette histoire est totalement vrai!!!!!!!! L'amie d'une dame que je connais faisait un stage à l'école où ca cest passer! Je suis tellement contente de voir que quelqu'un à publié cette histoire! Sur un groupe le bazar d'Ahuntsic j'ai écris ça et les gens commencaient a me traiter de "folle" que ca ressemblait à un film etc! Les gens veulent pas savoir c'est fou

This story is totally true !!!!!!!! The friend of a lady I know was doing an internship
at school where it is! I'm so glad to see someone published this story! On a group called
Ahuntsic bazaar I wrote that and people started to call me "crazy" that it looked like a
movie etc! People do not want to know it's crazy.

Many people are confirming it's true..

No matter what happened to Ariel, if you live in that area be careful.

Someone on Ariel's facebook group said this yesterday :

I really think this was a kidnapping, my brother's friend's little brother also lives in that same area. And two days after Ariel went missing, his little brother who is 10 years old was walking to take the school bus when he was stopped by someone in a black dodge and the guy was wearing a skii mask and told him to come in his car and he knew his parents, the kid went running and then the man let out his dog and the kid ran into the school on louisberg and he told an adult there and the teachers callled the cops... I KNOW THIS SEEMS LIKE A CRAZY STORY, and its actually true, i think ariel's should ask the cops about this incident, because there was a police report that was actually filed. I asked my brother to get the police report from his friend. I know there is a lot of false stories going around and want to legitimate my claims, i didnt speak up earlier because i thought the cops were already looking for this man who tried to kidnap a 10 year old kid in the same neighbourhood DAYS after ariel's disappearance. Maybe there is no link to these incidents but now that the cops are saying they think he fell into the river---it;s like...... HOW COULD THEY IGNORE THIS INCIDENT? are the cops just hiding this incideint, i thought what happen to my brothers friends 10 year old brother would be more exposed so that people would be aware on what angle to look for.... but now that the cops are thinking otherwise i think theyre completely ignoring this angle because they dont wanna scare the public.

Another person responded :

Cette histoire est totalement vrai!!!!!!!! L'amie d'une dame que je connais faisait un stage à l'école où ca cest passer! Je suis tellement contente de voir que quelqu'un à publié cette histoire! Sur un groupe le bazar d'Ahuntsic j'ai écris ça et les gens commencaient a me traiter de "folle" que ca ressemblait à un film etc! Les gens veulent pas savoir c'est fou

This story is totally true !!!!!!!! The friend of a lady I know was doing an internship
at school where it is! I'm so glad to see someone published this story! On a group called
Ahuntsic bazaar I wrote that and people started to call me "crazy" that it looked like a
movie etc! People do not want to know it's crazy.

Many people are confirming it's true..

No matter what happened to Ariel, if you live in that area be careful.

Wow...this is creepy. Thank for posting this.

FWIW.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/very-...ted-abduction-in-small-ontario-town-1.3715540
December 10, 2017
Ontario Provincial Police are investigating the attempted abduction of a nine-year-old boy in St. Marys, a town about 170 kilometres west of Toronto.

Police said the child was approached by a man in an SUV while walking alone around 7:30 p.m. on Saturday. When the boy refused his offer of a ride home and started to walk away, the man left the vehicle and grabbed him by the shoulders, police said.

“The child was able to get away and return safely home,” Const. Laura Brown told CTV Kitchener on Sunday. “The driver is not known to the boy.”
The driver is described as an older white male with a deep voice and an average build, driving a dark-coloured SUV.
Brown recommends planning to know where children are, organizing safe walking routes, instructing them to walk with a buddy, and teaching them when and how to use 911. She said it is also important for children to do their best to get away and call for help if they find themselves in danger.
https://www.durhamregion.com/news-s...igating-attempted-abduction-of-boy-in-whitby/
Feb 17 2018
[h=1]Police investigating attempted abduction of boy in Whitby[/h] [h=2]Child was walking home when vehicle pulled up beside him[/h]
The suspect is described as a white man in his mid-forties with short, spiky brown hair, green eyes, a grey goatee and possibly about six feet tall.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/attempted-abduction-stoney-creek-boy-1.4398071
[h=1]Police warn about attempted abduction of boy, 8, in north London[/h]
[h=3]Police say boy was able to escape after being pushed inside red van[/h] CBC News Posted: Nov 10, 2017
He is described as a white male, about 40 years old.

The van is an older model red van with a black interior.

Imo it seems like his friend going to daycare was very last minute, maybe his mother initially planned to leave her son home alone but changed her mind last minute, given the fact that she surely would have known that her daughters had school, while her son did not. If that is the case, is it possible that the two boys made plans under the assumption that they wouldn’t have any adult supervision for the day? Perhaps they had planned to go to the park and play soccer and explore, and when he knocked on the door to find his friend not there, he may have assumed that his friend was already at the park and had gone looking for him, and maybe fallen into the water in the process. Imo this would explain the lack of contact between the parents. Ariel may have told his parents that he’d already spoken to his friends parents and they said it was fine, because he knew they wouldn’t let him stay there alone. This could also be why he specifically asked to walk there alone, as someone accompanying him would reveal that his friend was unsupervised. meanwhile his friend doesn’t tell his mother that he’s coming over, and didn’t say that any plans had been made out of fear of getting in trouble.
This is something my sons would have done at that age. In fact it was the quiet well behaved one who came closest to getting away with something similar involving an unsupervised sleepover.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Have Ariel's parents seen the park footage yet and if not, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim