CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be awful if the lady in the park was not an accurate witness but it did seem that the police found her to be credible. If her sighting is questioned that would definitely be a game-changer...with lots of unknowns.

ETA: in the case of the missing Scot in Hamburg (Liam Colgan) police called into question one of the witness statements placing Liam at a Hamburg suburb. It was reported that the witness had made misleading statements to police on previous occasions.

Wondering if the home that had the fire is within walking distance and if it was, would a 10 year old boy be drawn to go see it?
speculation, imo.
http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...missing-since-monday-in-ahuntsic-cartierville
A woman who is living with Ariel’s family, following a fire in her home, said the boy was in good spirits when he left home.

“She questioned him about whether he had permission to go on his own and he told her that I had given him permission,” his mother said.

So the houseguests were watching him? Took his word that he was allowed to walk to his friends? ( we know he was allowed but just seems odd) I don’t know. Something is just bugging me. He walked to the friends before or he didn’t?
Mom always called but didn’t the one day he walked? Maybe I’m just not reading things correctly or things are getting lost in translation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why this isn’t being mentioned anywhere but there is a jail just a few blocks over. There are many day-ers and week-enders that may have been released and out and about. The police are hopefully looking at all those who were released after their weekend sentences.

I also considered the possibility of people who would be visiting inmates at the jail. :(

MOO

I think the parents and friends decided to change their story after they started getting flack for letting a 10 year old walk alone in that neighborhood, this interview with the mother (before the Amber Alert) saying very clearly that "oh yeah he walked there alone often especially in summer", then the father saying only once or twice and the friend's mom saying the same thing, only once or twice.

The soccer ball story is weird though. The friends mom seemed very emotional and you could tell she was stressed or felt maybe guilty or something. She was almost a little defensive in her answers at first. I think she was trying to protect herself and the family. The whole country is analyzing everything they say right now.
I would be a bumbling idiot too in this situation. Poor family, this is heart breaking, they must feel so powerless.

I wonder if in the past the boys had been allowed to walk between each other’s houses if they were together but this was the first time Ariel was allowed to walk alone. At one stage in my own parenting experience I have let my daughter walk to a friend’s house after school when the friend was with her but would not have let her walk by herself. I think when the mother was speaking to the press she was trying to let people know that he knew the way and she had no fear of him getting lost.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4086622/...for-missing-boy-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou-friday/
As of 9 p.m. Thursday, police called it a night in their search for 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou.

They say their search has time and again come up empty. But that doesn’t mean they’re giving up.
In fact, they say they’ve received multiple leads throughout the day and they’ll spend all night analyzing the evidence.
The surveillance video from a nearby home shows Ariel walking by and turning around twice. The footage has Ariel’s dad convinced someone was following his boy and from there, things took a turn for the worse.

“I would like to make an appeal to the person possible that is with my son to tell him that he’s a good boy, he can’t do harm to anybody, he’s a good boy, please let my son go,” said Kouadiou Frederic Kouakou.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4086622/...for-missing-boy-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou-friday/
“Tomorrow morning, search will start back with police officers. We will have the canine unit on site too, the horse squad will be there and if the weather is good for us, we will have the boat back on the river also,” said Benoit Boisselle, a spokesperson with Montréal police.

Meanwhile, the command post near Parc de la Merci will remain on-site. Officers are encouraging anyone with any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, to come to the command post or call 911.

I think the parents and friends decided to change their story after they started getting flack for letting a 10 year old walk alone in that neighborhood, this interview with the mother (before the Amber Alert) saying very clearly that "oh yeah he walked there alone often especially in summer", then the father saying only once or twice and the friend's mom saying the same thing, only once or twice.

The soccer ball story is weird though. The friends mom seemed very emotional and you could tell she was stressed or felt maybe guilty or something. She was almost a little defensive in her answers at first. I think she was trying to protect herself and the family. The whole country is analyzing everything they say right now.
I would be a bumbling idiot too in this situation. Poor family, this is heart breaking, they must feel so powerless.

I just watched the video. The whole story is so strange. Is Ismael and his mother also part of the Cote Ivoire community? I know very little about Ahuntsic as I’m in the South part of Montreal but I would guess there is a large Ivoirien community there? Strong possibility that the gentleman in the car saw another boy with a soccer ball who resembled Ariel? Poor Ismael couldn’t get away fast enough from his mother during that part of the interview but of course he was probably uncomfortable with her showing so much emotion.

I don’t understand why Ariel’s mother wouldn’t have sent a quick text or phone call on Sunday night to confirm for Monday since she was so concientious in the past? And I know with my 10 year old he only gets the idea to go to a friends house when he is either talking to a friend on the phone or playing xbox with them. I would think there would have been a discussion with a friend and friends parent in order to invite him.

Also at our elementary school you have to sign up for Ped day daycare in advance. There is no drop in. Especially if there is a special activity going and the school needs to know in advance how many educators to have etc.. but
maybe this school is different and there is a drop in service. Because it seemed very last minute that Ismael’s mom decided to send him to daycare. She actually mentions it twice that she had to go in to work at the school that Ismael and Ariel attend ( the day off for the children was to allow staff to move annexes) and she decided that since her older child wouldn’t be home to supervise that Ismael would go in with her at the same time. But then if Ariel had discussed with Ismael the night before wouldn’t Ismael say something?
Oh geez I hope he isn’t feeling guilty if he forgot to say something. Poor kid looked crushed during the interview.

I also find all the different times so confusing. 10:15, 11:15, 12:15 etc. Did anyone else read in an article earlier today that the park woman actually saw Ariel at 11AM and not 2PM???? I actually tried to go back to find the article and link it but it doesn’t seem to be online anymore. It was for sure from an English news source so either the Montreal gazette or Global or CTV Montreal. Please tell me someone else saw this as well? Could be just bad reporting and it was later corrected but it was something else that was strange to read regarding the timeline.

I wonder if the camera caught whomever was walking after Ariel passed by. He turns his whole self around. Not like stop an turn his upper body(not that it can be seen). At that point he almost stumbles. Is it possible he was being followed and he wanted to run? Ran right into the water?
Ugh, please be safe and warm Ariel!

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Some people I spoke with just didn't believe the lady really saw him, unlike LE .
I have followed entirely too many cases where someone "definitely" saw the person, only to find out they had been dead all along. I believe they have good intentions, but unless it is someone who actually knows the person, I never consider sightings a fact. Otherwise, we miss big time frames that are very important.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just watched the video. The whole story is so strange. Is Ismael and his mother also part of the Cote Ivoire community? I know very little about Ahuntsic as I’m in the South part of Montreal but I would guess there is a large Ivoirien community there? Strong possibility that the gentleman in the car saw another boy with a soccer ball who resembled Ariel? Poor Ismael couldn’t get away fast enough from his mother during that part of the interview but of course he was probably uncomfortable with her showing so much emotion.

I don’t understand why Ariel’s mother wouldn’t have sent a quick text or phone call on Sunday night to confirm for Monday since she was so concientious in the past? And I know with my 10 year old he only gets the idea to go to a friends house when he is either talking to a friend on the phone or playing xbox with them. I would think there would have been a discussion with a friend and friends parent in order to invite him.

Also at our elementary school you have to sign up for Ped day daycare in advance. There is no drop in. Especially if there is a special activity going and the school needs to know in advance how many educators to have etc.. but
maybe this school is different and there is a drop in service. Because it seemed very last minute that Ismael’s mom decided to send him to daycare. She actually mentions it twice that she had to go in to work at the school that Ismael and Ariel attend ( the day off for the children was to allow staff to move annexes) and she decided that since her older child wouldn’t be home to supervise that Ismael would go in with her at the same time. But then if Ariel had discussed with Ismael the night before wouldn’t Ismael say something?
Oh geez I hope he isn’t feeling guilty if he forgot to say something. Poor kid looked crushed during the interview.

I also find all the different times so confusing. 10:15, 11:15, 12:15 etc. Did anyone else read in an article earlier today that the park woman actually saw Ariel at 11AM and not 2PM???? I actually tried to go back to find the article and link it but it doesn’t seem to be online anymore. It was for sure from an English news source so either the Montreal gazette or Global or CTV Montreal. Please tell me someone else saw this as well? Could be just bad reporting and it was later corrected but it was something else that was strange to read regarding the timeline.

I get the feeling they weren't that conscientious in the past. I think it's something they agreed to collectively say to the media because the mother's radio interview (BEFORE the amber alert) she clearly states that Ariel often times walked there alone, especially in summer, the interviewer even asked her twice and she said yes, that the weather was nice that day and she told him it was okay for him to walk there, that Ariel was so excited and happy she agreed. I don't blame them though, last thing they need is parent shaming at the moment, what I'm worried about is if they told LE the truth about that. Because there is a big different between a boy who is used to walking the same path many times and a boy who isn't. Like someone might have been watching his comings and goings.

No drop in at my elementary school either on ped days. You have to reserve the time in advance. I think she might have special privileges since she's the educator though. Yeah she seemed to say, well because the two older daughters had to go to high school he came with me that day. Shouldn't this have been planned for weeks? Unless the school sent a last minute notice telling parents they will add an extra day to march break. Maybe Ismael forgot to tell his mother Ariel was coming? I don't know. All I know is that it's weird for such conscientious parents to let their kid walk alone on a day they both are gone from home? I can't imagine being gone at work and letting my 10 year old walk alone somewhere, I would want to be home with a phone ready to make sure he got there okay.

Also didn't the parents know that Ismael's mom is an educator and wouldn't be home that day since it's ped day ? I find the whole thing strange.

What I remember reading in the first day was that the neighbor saw the boy knock at the door around 11 am.

I wish we had access to the CCTV footage from the restaurant Le Bordelaise because it would help to know if he seemed panicked or dejected after finding that his friend was not home. The restaurant is further East than the friend’s home and it would be good to know whether he had crossed the road and was heading towards the eastern end of park. It could also tighten up our timeline...how long did he knock and wait at the friend’s house...

Also, under a report about the new cctv footage in the Journal de Montreal quite a few commentators mention they often twist like this when walking in gusty winds to shield their faces and to help keep their hoods on.
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/03/15/de-nouvelles-images-dariel-j-kouakou-diffusees-1

I wish we had access to the CCTV footage from the restaurant Le Bordelaise because it would help to know if he seemed panicked or dejected after finding that his friend was not home. The restaurant is further west than the friend’s home and it would be good to know whether he had crossed the road and was heading towards the eastern end of park. It could also tighten up our timeline...how long did he knock and wait at the friend’s house...

Also, under a report about the new cctv footage in the Journal de Montreal quite a few commentators mention they often twist like this when walking in gusty winds to shield their faces and to help keep their hoods on.
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/03/15/de-nouvelles-images-dariel-j-kouakou-diffusees-1
That's actually good info about the wind

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I do think that a lot of the issue here is translation. It is very frustrating for me every time I try and follow a case with a different language. I always feel like I'm missing something, or lots of things because I can't understand the language like I can English.

Not sure why this isn’t being mentioned anywhere but there is a jail just a few blocks over. There are many day-ers and week-enders that may have been released and out and about. The police are hopefully looking at all those who were released after their weekend sentences.

People with weekend sentences don't sound like likely suspects for an abduction.
I mean anything is possible of course, it just would be a deviation from their normal. :thinking:

I get the feeling they weren't that conscientious in the past. I think it's something they agreed to collectively say to the media because the mother's radio interview (BEFORE the amber alert) she clearly states that Ariel often times walked there alone, especially in summer, the interviewer even asked her twice and she said yes, that the weather was nice that day and she told him it was okay for him to walk there, that Ariel was so excited and happy she agreed. I don't blame them though, last thing they need is parent shaming at the moment, what I'm worried about is if they told LE the truth about that. Because there is a big different between a boy who is used to walking the same path many times and a boy who isn't. Like someone might have been watching his comings and goings.

No drop in at my elementary school either on ped days. You have to reserve the time in advance. I think she might have special privileges since she's the educator though. Yeah she seemed to say, well because the two older daughters had to go to high school he came with me that day. Shouldn't this have been planned for weeks? Unless the school sent a last minute notice telling parents they will add an extra day to march break. Maybe Ismael forgot to tell his mother Ariel was coming? I don't know. All I know is that it's weird for such conscientious parents to let their kid walk alone on a day they both are gone from home? I can't imagine being gone at work and letting my 10 year old walk alone somewhere, I would want to be home with a phone ready to make sure he got there okay.

Also didn't the parents know that Ismael's mom is an educator and wouldn't be home that day since it's ped day ? I find the whole thing strange.

What I remember reading in the first day was that the neighbor saw the boy knock at the door around 11 am.

I believe Ismael's mother is an "educator" due to the fact she works at the school's daycare centre and that's why Ismael could easily drop in. He went to work with his mother, basically.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...-ahuntsic-cartierville-search-march-1.4578921
[h=1]Family of missing Montreal boy pleads for information as search resumes[/h]
"We want to speak to the public. We want to speak to people who live close to here," said Mireille N'Zi, the boy's aunt.

"If they saw anything, any hints — whether they are as minimal as possible or even if they think they are not necessary — do not be scared to speak."
Police officers and volunteers also searched the Cartierville neighbourhood and checked cars as they went door to door in hopes of finding Ariel.
[h=2]Father calls for new Amber Alert[/h]Kouakou is asking for police to launch a new Amber Alert for his son after it was withdrawn earlier this week.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...cops-go-door-to-door-study-surveillance-tapes
The search for 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou entered its fourth full day Friday, with Montreal police continuing to comb through a neighbourhood where the boy might have been seen and appealing to the public for information.

“There’s still a lot of field work to be done,” said police spokesperson Jean-Pierre Brabant. “We’re going door to door today to try and get more information and and we’re trying to get more visuals — surveillance cameras that could … allow us to see if the boy was somewhere else in the area.”
“I know there have been a lot of 911 calls from citizens who say they saw the boy. … We sent out patrol officers to verify the information but we haven’t found him so far.”

Police are making it clear no possibility is being dismissed — they have said the boy might have become lost, been abducted or fallen into the nearby Rivière des Prairies.
https://www..com/websleuths-is-on-the-brink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member