CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Ariel's house is that far away from the park? What route would he have taken to his friend's house, it seems he would not have walked all the way up to Gouin? I thought his house was a lot closer to the park, and that walking home through the park would have made sense, but it looks like that is not the case.

This was posted by someone in the last couple of days. H is Ariel's house, F is friend's house.

attachment.php

Ok now I’m wondering why Ariel would have even taken Gouin blvd on his way to his friends. Why not take Viel all the way? Gouin is a main road and busy with crazy Montreal drivers whereas Viel is much quieter and possibly even a school corridor with reduced speeds etc.

Are we sure where on Valmont Ariel's house is? From some reportage posted a few pages back it did seem they lived close to the corner with Blvd Gouin.

ETA: Footage I posted on day 5 indicating that the search was starting again from scratch "here at the home of Ariel" and he gestures to house fronts really close to the corner of Valmont and Gouin (at 0:40 ish)
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/20...-des-recherches-pour-retrouver-le-petit-ariel

I would want to talk to the witness, too. If for not other reason to try to find out if she saw anyone else in the park who also might know something. Or that she was still working with police. It seems (doesn't mean it is so) that the info wasn't given to the police by her. Someone else felt the need to tell it. And I honestly haven't seen much more about that since the beginning. So maybe they aren't giving as much weight to it anymore.

In Chelsea Brucks case, a guy said he helped her and she was bleeding. He was lying. He never saw her or helped her. People give false statements ALL the time. Again, the reason I consider sightings like that as possible info, not factual info. I have no idea in this case, but I don't feel comfortable only looking at after 2pm near the park or whatever. I'm more comfortable with the timeline of the video captures.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would want to talk to the witness, too. If for not other reason to try to find out if she saw anyone else in the park who also might know something. Or that she was still working with police. It seems (doesn't mean it is so) that the info wasn't given to the police by her. Someone else felt the need to tell it. And I honestly haven't seen much more about that since the beginning. So maybe they aren't giving as much weight to it anymore.

In Chelsea Brucks case, a guy said he helped her and she was bleeding. He was lying. He never saw her or helped her. People give false statements ALL the time. Again, the reason I consider sightings like that as possible info, not factual info. I have no idea in this case, but I don't feel comfortable only looking at after 2pm near the park or whatever. I'm more comfortable with the timeline of the video captures.

If the family needs information about the investigation, they have access to investigators. Other than providing a witness statement, the witness has no reason to be working with police. Witnesses are not part of the crime or the investigation. They are people who just happen to see something that might help with an investigation. I don't think it is a good idea for police to make those witnesses available to families of missing persons for the simple reasons that they have the right to privacy, and their witness statement could easily be tainted by having to answer questions from emotional family members.

There have been over 600 tips in this case. Why does the family want to speak to people who have contacted police with information? Do they want to do their own investigation?

Seriously?

http://www.iheartradio.ca/cjad/news...kouakou-reward-increases-to-100-000-1.3701572
Police, meanwhile, say they're received closes to 600 tips related to Ariel's disappearance, and are asking the public to remain vigilant.

"We're still asking people be aware of any sign any information," said Andrée-Anne Picard of the Montreal police force. "Every little information is very important for us. It could be major for us. We're still working on all the theories at this moment."

Hi new here, ive been trying to figure something out for the last couple of days , without success.
In the facebook search page Ive seen it posted multiple times that there was video footage of Ariel Jeffrey entering the friends apartment complex and not coming out.
Have you found any credibility to this? I havent been able to find said footage.

Thanks!

Hi new here, ive been trying to figure something out for the last couple of days , without success.
In the facebook search page Ive seen it posted multiple times that there was video footage of Ariel Jeffrey entering the friends apartment complex and not coming out.
Have you found any credibility to this? I havent been able to find said footage.

Thanks!

:greetings::welcome6::welcome:

Thanks!

I do not believe the footage has been released but from speculation here, along with details in the media it looks like there is footage of the apartment building complex captured from the across the carpark of the restaurant Le Bordelais.

Thanks!

Hi !

Yes, I heard the same thing. I understood it to be a deduction from the garage and house surveillance camera footage only showing Ariel walking towards the apartments + the friend's mom saying a neighbour saw him knocking at the door.

I don't think the CCTV images from the restaurant cam has been released, but it is said to show shadowy figures, if I'm not mistaken.

Since he can't be seen leaving the place, there is a lot of room for speculation IMO

I think the trouble with the Bordelais footage is that it across such a large distance and reportedly grainy. I assume the member of the press that took the picture of Ariel's uncle looking at the screen also saw the footage but the accompanying report to that photo does not inspire much confidence about the details it shows...
In the footage, a car can be seen turning into the parking lot of the apartment complex. A few shadowy figures can be seen, one believed to be Ariel. The family suspects the other figures could be his abductors. The car then never leaves the parking lot, which is why some family members have theorized that Ariel may still be at the complex, held against his will.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4088775/...te-investigator-to-explore-kidnapping-theory/

I think the trouble with the Bordelais footage is that it across such a large distance and reportedly grainy. I assume the member of the press that took the picture of Ariel's uncle looking at the screen also saw the footage but the accompanying report to that photo does not inspire much confidence about the details it shows...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4088775/...te-investigator-to-explore-kidnapping-theory/

Police did a door to door search. Wouldn't that search include the apartment complex where Ariel's friend lives? That search turned up nothing, so if the search included the complex, then theories about Ariel being kidnapped at the complex have been ruled out.

That theory also contradicts the sighting of Ariel at the park at 2PM.

Seriously?

It looks like the answer to my question of whether the family wants to do their own investigation is "yes". Under these circumstances, it is even more important that the witness who saw Ariel at the park is not subjected to interrogation or any type of questioning by the family. That is, the family has formed a theory, the witness contradicts their theory, and it's likely that the line of questioning could tend towards attempting to discredit the witness.

"Annick Djedje told Global News the family had hired the investigator “to find my nephew,” and that she “was not sure” about the police investigation.

The family is convinced Ariel was abducted, while the police are exploring all options.

“I can’t say that I don’t trust the cops,” Ariel’s uncle told Global News. “They have their way to work, and I cannot sit down and wait for them."

Hi Everyone!

I’ve been following this story as it is all we are hearing around here in Montreal. It’s truly sad for Ariel and his family.

It was my understanding that the police is heavily leaning towards the theory that Ariel fell through the ice into the river. I find this to be the most likely scenario as well.

But today I was reading on the West Island Watch Facebook group and a person on there says she has been volunteering at the search this week. She explained that the search is well coordinated for the volunteers and they are sent out in groups of 4 to help with the search. She then later on replied to someone asking a question. In her answer she says that after the search in the water, the police is now looking into the idea that it might in fact have been an abduction. I assume she got this information since she is participating in the searches.

Do you think this is credible? I was under the belief that if Ariel did fall through the ice, it would most likely takes months for his body to ever show up somewhere along the river... perhaps towards the end of summer.

Also, I would think the police wouldn’t share this information with the volunteers.

Hi Everyone!

I’ve been following this story as it is all we are hearing around here in Montreal. It’s truly sad for Ariel and his family.

It was my understanding that the police is heavily leaning towards the theory that Ariel fell through the ice into the river. I find this to be the most likely scenario as well.

But today I was reading on the West Island Watch Facebook group and a person on there says she has been volunteering at the search this week. She explained that the search is well coordinated for the volunteers and they are sent out in groups of 4 to help with the search. She then later on replied to someone asking a question. In her answer she says that after the search in the water, the police is now looking into the idea that it might in fact have been an abduction. I assume she got this information since she is participating in the searches.

Do you think this is credible? I was under the belief that if Ariel did fall through the ice, it would most likely takes months for his body to ever show up somewhere along the river... perhaps towards the end of summer.

Also, I would think the police wouldn’t share this information with the volunteers.

I just think that the problem is that the river is huge, fast moving and with divers reporting 3ft visibility . Without finding a body the police can not definitively say that Ariel entered the water but continuing a winter water search is just not practical. Even if the search teams had unlimited resources and skilled manpower, the search area is just too vast to be feasible.

In the absence of a body in the water, I think the police have to focus their efforts on other lines of enquiry even though the most logical, most precedented, most evidence-driven scenario is that the poor boy has drowned. I hope nature will be kind and reveal an answer in the waters soon because the parent's heart-break and desperate search for answers is almost unbearable to see. I do however also believe we should keep hope alive and not stop searching and exploring all possible scenarios... if I were the parent, I know I would never give up.

I just think that the problem is that the river is huge, fast moving and with divers reporting 3ft visibility . Without finding a body the police can not definitively say that Ariel entered the water but continuing a winter water search is just not practical. Even if the search teams had unlimited resources and skilled manpower, the search area is just too vast to be feasible.

In the absence of a body in the water, I think the police have to focus their efforts on other lines of enquiry even though the most logical, most precedented, most evidence-driven scenario is that the poor boy has drowned. I hope nature will be kind and reveal an answer in the waters soon because the parent's heart-break and desperate search for answers is almost unbearable to see. I do however also believe we should keep hope alive and not stop searching and exploring all possible scenarios... if I were the parent, I know I would never give up.

I completely agree.

I would agree that finding a body in those conditions would be nearly impossible until the weather changes. They probably went in for a couple of days in the immediate area to see if they could find anything, even a jacket, shoe etc., that would confirm his location and narrow their investigation in terms of theories. While I am glad there is still hope he is alive, I feel terrible for the family not knowing where he is.

I have to ask- did LE ever confirm that that was his coat found? So sorry if I missed it, these threads here move fast and sometimes I miss a fact or two.

Praying for him to be found safe and sound. It is possible the poor kid fell into the river, but is this a fast moving river? I was just wondering if they found anything else like the soccer ball, a shoe that fell off, any evidence that the poor kid was near the water. My heart just aches for his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie