CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, so many ways to get close to her property, I have not seen this map before. Is there a map of SL's place? I am useless at posting . I am betting you will find trails and fields there too.
I heard a rumour about blood being found at T.H's washroom. The washroom is just inside to the right of the door, you can actually go in there without being seen by staff.

Do you mean a lot of blood or perhaps just from a junkie shooting up? Also, do we know that SL's crime scene was blood-covered? Or was SL just knocked unconscious by a blow to the head? (I forget.....).:waitasec:

I am really not sure how much blood, it was a rumour that there was some found and cleaned up I believe but of course it could have been just a rumour or something else.
There seems to be no information whatsoever on SL.

I found on another thread about SV that early on the morning she went missing enough blood was found in the mens' washroom at the nearby TH that police were called and garbage was searched.

Just a thought, if most TH layout of parking is the same everywhere, a perp could basically "practice" at any of them and be familiar with exits,darkspots,corners,bathrooms ect. so as to make a smooth attack and escape.

Could PK possibly tell us if he knows, whether TH was AG's coffee meeting place.
Anyone can sit for hours in most of them people watching.

Today I drove past AG's home. I wanted to see the surrounding areas to see if I could get a sense of who could have possibly commited this crime.

These are my observations:

1) I thought the homes in the area where AG lived were few and far between. I was quite surprised that the home where AG lived was, in fact, part of an enclave of more than a few homes on that particular section of road.

2) AG's home is quite visible from the road in the daytime and the driveway is really not as long as it looks in the picture. We pictured ourselves needing to look up a long driveway to see the home, but this is not the case at all. At night of course, the area would be black unless there was a full moon I'm thinking, but if AG had lamps on, the home would be visible even through the trees.

2(a) Because I said to my travel companion that we were close because we came to the cemetery, we drove past AG's home and then had to turn around. We hadn't gone very far, but it seemed very soon after AG's home, it was just open road again.

3) There is a piece of land between AG's home and the cemetery. I could not tell if this land was part of AG's property or not. I'm sorry, but I did not pay enough attention to see if there was a separate driveway into the cemetery. From what I think I saw there, cars would just park on Indian Trail to go to that cemetery. It is a very small cemetery.

4) Indian Trail is a very lovely stretch of road. I can see why AG and her third husband would build their home there. Her home is not isolated, contrary to what we have read, however, that is just my opinion. I could see how AG could have easily spoken to neighbours at her driveway's entrance.

5) AG's home was only a short drive from the hamlet/village of Lynden. On Lynden Road, I saw Lynden Animal Clinic or Lynden Veterinary Clinic.
Is this the vet that AG used, which really would be only a five minute drive from her home.

6) There was nothing remarkable about AG's home, but it looked spacious and in a beautiful location. It felt very surreal to be right there and visualizing what had occurred on whatever that fateful day/night was and it made me feel ill.

After seeing AG's location, myself and travel companion came to the same conclusion. In our opinion, whomever committed this crime knew AG or knew of her from somewhere she frequented!!!

It was really hard to fathom after seeing the property, that a person would just randomly pick this home to perpetrate this crime. The person just had to have known the property imo and layout of the home -- know everything about the area as well. After looking at the location, it just had a feeling that this crime was well planned out.

As far as motive and in keeping with LE's statement about young and close, could it have been AG's car and knowing AG lived alone and a botched car theft.

At a couple of the other homes on Indian Trail, people were outside in driveways and when our car passed, people were doing a doubletake. I'm sure they are getting a lot of people, like myself, wanting to see for themselves. Strangely, I did not see one dog on Indian Trail.

All of the above are just my own opinions and observations. :twocents:

Could PK possibly tell us if he knows, whether TH was AG's coffee meeting place.
Anyone can sit for hours in most of them people watching.

For some reason, I thought I read it was WP in Hamilton, but not positive.

For some reason, I thought I read it was WP in Hamilton, but not positive.
here is PK's post re the Williams -- click on PK's map link
Haha... turns out that sneaky "Tapatalk" was reporting my iPhone's location with each post. Now everyone knows I visited McDonalds today :innocent:.

FYI, though, below is a map that has a link to the apartment we lived in last December, the restaurant at which my wife worked, AG's home, and the Williams she frequented with the other retired teachers....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=213022355800446381841.0004a9b157bd147a62658
Thank You kindly roseofsharon for your driving past A's home, and posting your observations :tyou:

....As far as motive and in keeping with LE's statement about young and close, could it have been AG's car and knowing AG lived alone and a botched car theft....
A car like that could have been the target for sure.

I think there was a botched car robbery on Hamilton Mountain a few years back, where the perp stabbed and killed the owner. Last I heard, it was still unsolved. If he killed once, he could easily do it again.

We're out in a country survey, and have had many car thefts and car breaks-ins in our area. Some actually quite daring....around 6 pm. Most in during the wee hours.

The night of December 27, 2010 was a waning/gibbous moon, so slightly more than a half moon visible for most of the night and early morning. The full moon was January 4, 2011. The total lunar eclipse, which is a reasonably unusual occurrence was on December 21-22, 2010. This was also a week reported to have a strong geomagnetic storm.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/news/News122810-geomagstorm.html

December 28, 2010

"GEOMAGNETIC STORM ALERT: High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras. During the early hours of Dec. 28th, the sun's magnetic field near Earth tipped south, opening a crack in Earth's magnetosphere. Solar wind poured and sparked a G1-class (Kp=5) geomagnetic storm. Observers are reporting ground currents..."

PK, when you get a minute ... you mentioned earlier that you and Audrey talked a few times about what would happen after she was gone. Could you please elaborate on this, i.e. any reference to provisions for her beloved dogs, what would happen with her home, property, personal possessions, etc.

Thanks much !!

sb

Copied PK's map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=213022355800446381841.0004a9b157bd147a62658

Is it just me or is AG's house in the same place as PK's parents' house? (It could easily be me because I'll readily admit that I'm geographically challenged.)

Thanks! :)
You mean Sunnyr....... it's very close to AG's house .... wait a second ...

l
l
l
V
OMG!!!!
:eek:

when zooming in to view that area, I noticed the name of a close-by street!!!!

I know this would be the most crazy and totally ridiculous theory ..... but ..... the coincidence is making me :nuts: :crosseyed:

Another question for PK ...

Could you please tell us where the indoor key pad for the garage door was located, i.e. was it right at the entrance door that leaves the house into the garage?

Also, were AG's dogs so vicious, that she would need to confine them no matter who would come to the door or did she count on the dogs for protection and leave them out if she was to answer her door to a stranger?

Did AG, at any time, have a home alarm system installed?

Thanks again PK!

l
l
l
V
OMG!!!!

when zooming in to view that area, I noticed the name of a close-by street!!!!​

I know this would be the most crazy and totally ridiculous theory ..... but ..... the coincidence is making me :nuts: :crosseyed:​

Hazel, are you able to share? Do you mean you have seen something that you have also seen at one of the other unsolved cases?

l
l
l
V
OMG!!!!

when zooming in to view that area, I noticed the name of a close-by street!!!!

I know this would be the most crazy and totally ridiculous theory ..... but ..... the coincidence is making me :nuts: :crosseyed:

Question for Hazel:

I don't know what has you :nuts: :crosseyed:. Would you please be kind enough to explain. (I already said I'm USELESS with maps/geography!!):bang::doh::bang:

Thanks!! :tyou:

ETA: Do you mean that SUNNYRIDGE ROAD means *something*?? Please HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

OK guys, at risk of being branded a totally nut case, will tell you what I had noticed in some of the cases we have been following.

I know the answer is probably simply that : Poplar Street is a VERY common name for a street (tree name, like Maple), and there is probably a Poplar Street in every town :) right?
I am sure if we chose another street name (lets say. River Road), we are going to find that other street name in every single case we have been following.

I so happened to focus on POPLAR Street/Road (just because). At the moment I can't remember all the cases, just a few. I know it is just coincidence, but check this out :

Audrey (murdered) -- MAP: http://g.co/maps/s6gt2

Lachlan (ruled accidental) -- MAP: http://g.co/maps/abwdt

Penny Warne (still missing) -- MAP: http://g.co/maps/t4hw5

Penny's Websleuths Thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96022

Note: Having difficulty finding Penny's address in our WS thread (articles are gone)...luckily there's a LOT of discussion and info about her in

UnsolvedCanada (Thanks!!) -- LINK: http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=2684.105

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli