CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/516775--family-dog-shot-and-killed-in-jerseyville-robbery

Sorry, this may have already been copied to WS, at the time it appeared in the HS, but this is probably where LE needs to focus in solving the AG murder.

I wouldn't think those responsible for this crime are local people, so it will be hard to solve. It sounds like there is a crime ring in the area.

So close to AG's home.

imo

Footnote: I don't understand why LE thinks these cases are not connected just because the weapons are different.

http://www.lyrics.net/lyrics/poplar
"This is the perfect crime
When the creek is high
On poplar trees the turning leaves
Pass the time

We're always asking questions "»
dotr, you don't really think there could be a connection....don't you? I'm trying to remember which were the other cases, but I'm having a mental block :banghead:

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/516775--family-dog-shot-and-killed-in-jerseyville-robbery

Sorry, this may have already been copied to WS, at the time it appeared in the HS, but this is probably where LE needs to focus in solving the AG murder.

I wouldn't think those responsible for this crime are local people, so it will be hard to solve. It sounds like there is a crime ring in the area.

So close to AG's home.

imo

Footnote: I don't understand why LE thinks these cases are not connected just because the weapons are different.

Oh, I agree completely. As I've said before (ad nauseum) there simply cannot be THREE different men/women in Southern Ontario who are attacking/killing women. Not even three men/women coast-to-coast in the same period of time! Over a period of 10-20 years, yes. But not from August 2010 to December 2010.:censored:

ETA:Ooooopsy, what I mean is that the Shelley Loder, Sonia Varaschin and Audrey attacks/killings are done by the same perp. :blushing: (Not to the link in the post attached. My bad!):doh:

PK, when you get a minute ... you mentioned earlier that you and Audrey talked a few times about what would happen after she was gone. Could you please elaborate on this, i.e. any reference to provisions for her beloved dogs, what would happen with her home, property, personal possessions, etc.

Thanks much !!

sb
SB, while you wait for PK to answer your query, here is an old video where LV tells about Audrey request in case something happened to her: to take care of her dogs, and make sure they get a good home: (after the 01:00 mark)

VIDEO CLIP : http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/1669

Is it just me or PK looks a lot younger in the above video link? (01:30 mark)

By the way, I had made screenshots of Audrey's home from that video clip, showing the double garage doors -- in case someone wants to view them again, here is the link to the screenies:

Some pictures of Audrey's home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6002779#post6002779

Thanks for the screen shots, Hazel. :tyou:

So, there is a window looking into the garage! This tells me two things:
- Audrey knew her killer and let him/her in
- or, the killer (somehow) learned the password to the keypad on the garage and got in that way.

Still, too many questions......

Thanks for the screen shots, Hazel. :tyou:

So, there is a window looking into the garage! This tells me two things:
- Audrey knew her killer and let him/her in
- or, the killer (somehow) learned the password to the keypad on the garage and got in that way.

Still, too many questions......

Strangers can open most garages with a "code grabber".

Strangers can open most garages with a "code grabber".

I have no idea what a code grabber is.:doh:

How close to the keypad must one be in order to grab the code?
Could a person driving by Audrey's house grab the code?
How long does the grabbed code stay in the device which grabs the code?
"Most" garages can be grabbed by the device - which garages are immune to the code grabber?

:nuts::bang::nuts:

More questions for PK: :)blushing:)

1. We see in the pics posted by Hazel that there was a window in the garage. Was the window covered in any way or would people be able to see into the garage?

2. Also from the pics, we see a double garage and (I assume) the car was parked on one side of the garage. Was Audrey's body found on the car side of the garage or was she found on the other side of the garage - somewhat away from the car?

3. Was there a light in the garage which Audrey used at night if she went out to meet people, have a smoke, whatever? I'm asking this because if the garage had been lit up at night it would allow onlookers (the perp) to make plans about the attack on Audrey.

:tyou:

Oh, and PK - I realise this Thanksgiving weekend will be somewhat difficult for you with Baryon gone. You have my kind thoughts at this time of gratitude. :)

ETA: 4. In pic #4 we see a board/plank leaning against a window almost touching the evestrough. What was this there for? PK was it something you were supposed to fix after the Christmas holidays?

Was looking for more video clips in Thread #1, and noticed that some articles are gone :( , mostly from 'The Expositor" others articles are still there, but the pictures/videos have been removed.

This is one of the few articles that still contains a VIDEO clip : http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2917051

Oh, and PK - I realise this Thanksgiving weekend will be somewhat difficult for you with Baryon gone. You have my kind thoughts at this time of gratitude. :)
Ditto!

PK, when you get a minute ... you mentioned earlier that you and Audrey talked a few times about what would happen after she was gone. Could you please elaborate on this, i.e. any reference to provisions for her beloved dogs, what would happen with her home, property, personal possessions, etc.

Thanks much !!

sb

Hi there, Audrey's dogs are doing great and in a wonderful home. There will be an update on them in the Spec in the next little while.

Hi there, Audrey's dogs are doing great and in a wonderful home. There will be an update on them in the Spec in the next little while.

:party::fireworks::party::fireworks:

YAAAAYY for Audrey's beloved doggies!!

Grateful for the happy doggies!:thanksgiving: (This should help PK with the Thanksgiving weekend.)

Thanks for the update Flossie ... good to hear Audrey's babes are being well cared for.

I'm actually interested in what AG may have confided in PK WRT her wishes, and whether that jives with what we know about the actual disposition of her estate, i.e. beyond "I've left everything to LV', what other snippets she may have shared. IOW, after you've announced to a person that you've left all your worldly goods to your best friend, what else is there to discuss about what happens after you die?

Can anyone recall who told us that AG thought she would die as a result of rape and murder? I've been pondering this a lot. I've led a bizarre life, at times filled with just this side of horror ... combine that with 8+ years of sleuthing crime, can honestly say that it would never enter my head that I would die as a result of rape & murder. I've envisioned a bullet through my head because of what I do, heart attack or stroke more likely, but never would zero in on rape combined with murder.

Can anyone recall who told us that AG thought she would die as a result of rape and murder? I've been pondering this a lot. I've led a bizarre life, at times filled with just this side of horror ... combine that with 8+ years of sleuthing crime, can honestly say that it would never enter my head that I would die as a result of rape & murder. I've envisioned a bullet through my head because of what I do, heart attack or stroke more likely, but never would zero in on rape combined with murder.
http://www.therecord.com/print/article/595858
"Soon after the news broke, the phone rang at the home of David Gleave in British Columbia. It was his brother, Allan, on the line.

Allan Gleave was Audrey’s ex-husband. To David, Allan did not sound upset, the voice was matter-of-fact. But then, Allan had not been in touch with her for many years.

“Did you hear the news about Audrey?” Allan asked.

Allan had not been contacted by Hamilton detectives about the murder. Police would not call Audrey’s ex-husband for five months. Instead he had heard the news when Hamilton Spectator reporter Danielle Wong called him.

Unlike his brother, David had been in touch with Audrey in recent years. He remembered something she once told him.

Audrey had said she feared she would one day be raped and murdered in her home."

^^^^^^ To the best of my recollection, it was in one of the articles just after Audrey's funeral/memorial. I don't think it was stated that X said it.

But now that we're on the topic, I've been thinking a great deal about Audrey having said that. So.........

Questions for PK:

1. Did Audrey ever tell you that she feared an horrific death?

2. Did she ever say she was afraid of being sexually assaulted?

3. Did she ever ask you for some sort of protection from others?

4. Did she act like a woman who was fearful of the future?

:tyou:

ETA: dotr has just provided us with the link to answer the question! :)

Quoted from dotr's article:

Unlike his brother, David had been in touch with Audrey in recent years. He remembered something she once told him.

Audrey had said she feared she would one day be raped and murdered in her home."

Now why on earth would someone think this? And also why would she tell someone who lived too far away to help? Why not call LE if Audrey truly felt this was a possibility?

Now why on earth would someone think this? And also why would she tell someone who lived too far away to help? Why not call LE if Audrey truly felt this was a possibility?

I hope LE speaks with DG to see if they can get to the bottom of this claim.

Quoting myself this time:

I've been thinking of this over and over. The thing that really stands out in my heart and soul is the phrase "in her home". I'm certain we've all had nightmares or bad moments when our imaginations run wild with horrific thoughts. But WHY was Audrey so clear about her own demise?

Did Audrey make this statement many years ago or was it closer to her death?

Did her brother-in-law take her seriously and if so - why didn't he contact LE?

PK - did Audrey ever mention this to you?

Too many questions.......:furious:

Just to digress for a moment, this news item- with a surprising twist, makes me wonder if this was the type of situation/guy who worried AG....Audrey would have been a real head turner in her time,that- coupled with brains, talent,a competitive drive (literally ) racing around in hot wheels with a pair of intimidating dogs.On top of all that, AG had a comely, charming couple to bring her lovely food to her spacious home, where Audrey could live just as she wished and thumb her nose at anyone who did not approve!
Someone could have been deeply angry, jealous and outraged and wanted to take absolute control of her, possess her and take a trophy to prove it.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/10/05/18784011.html

"Brown is also charged with the attempted murder of his ex-girlfriend, Shannon Hannah, now 20.

Brown said he risked losing Shannon if he had told anyone about the affair with her mother, which started on his 17th birthday and continued up until late 2009.

“She probably would have left me,” he said.

Brown said he loved Shannon and described her as a person he depended on for advice and emotional support. He credited Shannon for talking him into returning to school to complete his Grade 12."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773