CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew that LV had been sorting through Ms. Gleave's possessions but living there? Really? Not many people could pull that off being that a friend had just been brutally murdered in the home and there was early uncertainty (especially in the first few weeks) about whether they had the right man.

That fact strikes me as extremely unusual.

Maybe the house needed alot of prep before the sale and it was easier to stay there than to keep driving back and forth. Very odd to me that she would stay there but wasn't the alleged perp in jail at the time and therefore it would be safe to stay there because he couldnt come back?

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110715/110715_hamilton_assault/20110715/?hub=CP24Home
Well, this is different......just thought I should post .. wondering if LE are certain that the perp(s) are male.
Fri Jul. 15 2011 5:35:57 PM | The Canadian Press

Hamilton woman charged with sexual assault

HAMILTON — Hamilton police have taken the unusual step of issuing a public warning after charging a woman with sexual assault.

They allege a woman has been having sexual encounters without first telling her partners about her medical condition, as is required

That (post above ^^^^) is interesting! And now I recall reading something along the lines of: ' woman brutally attacked, sexually assaulted and left to die' in the AG case. Was AG not dead when the killer fled the scene?

I vividly recall the "left to die" part.

That (post above ^^^^) is interesting! And now I recall reading something along the lines of: ' woman brutally attacked, sexually assaulted and left to die' in the AG case. Was AG not dead when the killer fled the scene?

I vividly recall the "left to die" part.
Audrey Gleave, 73 and alone, was sexually assaulted, stabbed and left for dead in her Ancaster home - but the details are more concerning yet.

..... and further down:

"The friend found Audrey in the house, obviously dead, obviously the victim of a very horrific, vicious assault," Hrab said.
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/12/31/16718126.html
Could only find that quote in one article .... odd that they mention "obviously dead".

I just Googled AG's house and I found that it was sold by the executrice, LV. LV had been living in AG's house after the killing whilst waiting for the house to be sold. And - it was sold.:twocents:
I knew that LV had been sorting through Ms. Gleave's possessions but living there? Really? Not many people could pull that off being that a friend had just been brutally murdered in the home and there was early uncertainty (especially in the first few weeks) about whether they had the right man.

That fact strikes me as extremely unusual.
ITA that would be very unusual, specially since LV lives not that far away...in Brandford?
I personally would have been terrified if I had to stay there overnight all by myself.

No_Stone_Unturned, where did you read about that when you googled Audrey's house? Would it be possible for you to find that info again, and provide a link for us? Or was it something you were told by someone?

:crazy: Sometimes I wish LV is reading this thread, and she could come post here.

Thanks for the help with my flawed memory!:tyou: (About the quote I incorrectly gave).

Quoted from Hazel:

No_Stone_Unturned, where did you read about that when you googled Audrey's house? Would it be possible for you to find that info again, and provide a link for us? Or was it something you were told by someone?

I found it in a Google search myself. I was so freaked out when I read that LV lived in AG's house, I forgot to place the link here.:doh:

I'll go back to Google and see if I can locate the article.

ETA: OK, here's the link - http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/1654-friend-occupying-gleave-home

Friend Occupying Gleave Home

Hamilton police have released the home of murder victim Audrey Gleave.
Her executor and long-time friend is now at the house where the crime occurred.
LV now has to go through the painful process of taking care of her dear friend's estate.
She says the word "tragic" doesn't even nearly sum up what's happened to Gleave.
"She was so private... And special..Very special. She just, she just wouldn't hurt a fly and for this to happen to her, this is unconscionable. Just, just wrong."
LV and Gleave met on the golf course in Brantford over 30 years ago and saw each other nearly every Sunday since.
She says Gleave was so private, that very few people had a complete picture of who the physics teacher was.
But she says the 73 year old was certainly intelligent, caring, giving and very eclectic, describing her as one of the most loving people you could know.
More details below the video:

And there's too much article to post here; it's all in the link.

Thanks for the help with my flawed memory!:tyou: (About the quote I incorrectly gave).
No problem N_S_U, and I don't think your memory is flawed at all! On the contrary, it's really good. It sure sounds the article is implying A. was still alive when the perp left, unless "left for dead" doesn't really mean that in English? :waitasec:
Might be a journalistic mistake though, since no other paper mentioned that. In the event it is actually true, I wonder how could LE know that?

Thank you N_S_U for that link. I'm sure we've seen that before, but only now I noticed a balcony on A's second floor. IMO, that would have been the perfect place (nice view to the pond) to go out and have a smoke instead of going out the back or front doors. Will make a couple of screenshots to post here.

Also, first time I paid close attention to the picture of Audrey and friend at a golf course (at the 00:58 mark). Could that friend be LV? Audrey looks so much taller than what I had imagined her to be.

With regards to LV having moved into the home, I'm still not convinced that was the case :confused: Surely the title leaves the doors open to interpretation: "Friend occupying Gleave home", so will wait to see how the other members read it :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    606.4 KB · Views: 161
I don't think I've ever seen that article or the video. Thanks for posting it N_S_U and thanks Hazel for posting the photos. I'm also not certain that LV was "living" in the home. Clearing out a house takes massive amounts of work and Ms. Gleave was known to be a collector. LV might have just been staying there during daylight hours. Still, I don't think most women could do it without a police presence. After all, LV fits the profile of the killer's target victim. I can't even imagine that the police would allow a woman to put herself at risk that way. She's a stronger woman than me, that's for sure. I hope she has community and family support as she just lost a dear friend.

I don't recall seeing photos of that balcony. It sure would be a natural place to have a smoke--if there's a living room or bedroom there--but it's been reported that she sat on a bench. A bench would make sense if she was allowing the dogs out at the same time. Have we ever seen a photo of that bench?

We'd have to have locals look at the photo of Ms. Gleave with a friend. I don't think it's LV but I could be wrong. Once again, I'm struck by the number of times the words "unique" and "eccentric" come up. Way upthread, we considered the possibility that the media had sort of hung onto that description but LV hammers it home again in this interview. I have to wonder what that means, in this context. Not having people into your home, visiting the pet cemetery, collecting recipes, being quiet and doing Sudokus does NOT qualify as "eccentric and unique" in my book. The word "special" seems to be used in such a way as to denote different rather than loved. But I could be reading too much into the statement.

LV was/is extremely active in the Brantford Golf and Country Club. It's been reported that she met Ms. Gleave 30 years ago at the club. Ms. Gleave would have still been teaching and coaching then, I believe. I've often wondered why she coached basketball, rather than golf.

Within the last year, LV was a sponsor of some activities at the club. Sadly, LV also lost her mother last year. That's a lot for a person to go through in the matter of just a few months.

http://hamiltonobituaries.com/2010/July1.html

Thanks for the images posted (I have no idea how to do that!).

Now, regarding the balcony, I hadn't seen that either before. And Missizzy noted that it was reported that AG used a bench outdoors to speak with friends and perhaps to let the dogs have a run - I've never seen a picture of that bench.

Is there an image of the bench somewhere? Anyone? Or, could LE have removed the bench?????????

And - does anyone know what LE are doing now that no one has been arrested for this crime? They said they have DNA, but what are they doing with it?

I'm still thinking that AG and SV were murdered by the same guy(s).:twocents:

I was told by the friend of LV and AG that the house was full of stuff and it took 4 dumpsters to clear out the house and there was nothing of much value and AG was a bit of a hoarder. From the description of LV's state of mind at the time I would bet my bottom dollar LV did NOT live in the house!

Now, I guess the interpretation of "value" is in the eye of the beholder but I got the distinct impression, at the time, not much sorting through went on LV wanted to get through and done with the tasks at hand and put behind the ugly tasks at hand and get on with remembering her friend with more pleasant memories.

I would also bet my bottom dollar you will never see LV post on any site with regard to her friend. They all just want to remember AG in a more pleasant way. At least, that's the feeling I get.

To me, LV looks like a larger woman that the one portrayed in the earlier golf photo. But appearances and dress sizes can change over time.

Did anyone see the Toronto news/newspaper where LE are now trying to connect the killings of AG, SV and the killings of prostitutes in Toronto to the same killer? Sorry, I don't have a link as I was told this last night by my spouse. I'll search for a link and post it if I can find it.

I was told that the article said LE is 'making progress'.

Did anyone else see/hear this??????

ETA: OK, I found the link to the news story. PLEASE NOTE - in the newspaper itself, there was a picture of AG, SV and the murdered prostitutes. So, AG *is* included in the article even though she's not mentioned in the link I found online.
LINK - http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/14/theyre-not-getting-away-with-anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member