CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think "discrepancies" is quite possibly the codeword for "failed", or it refers to parts in the test where on related questions, the results point to truthfulness for some and deception for others.

Which is why I think it speaks to PK's bravery and wisdom (imo) to have all those concerns addressed here,to help clear them up and to look at every other possible angle.We know about PK- because he has come forward, but who knows how many others might have been questioned and "had discrepancies"?

But in mid-August police asked him to take a polygraph test — lie detector — and he agreed. A detective told him flat out that he was a person of interest. Phil understood why police were spending time with him.

“To some extent I can understand it, because I had opportunity. I gather that's all you need for them to declare you a person of interest.”

For most questions, police request one-word answers when administering a polygraph.

“Did you kill Audrey Gleave?” he was asked.

“No.”

“Did you cause her physical harm?”

“No.”

“Do you know who killed Audrey?”

“No.”

“Were you present when she died?”

“No.”

Phil asked the detectives some questions of his own. Were they talking to other persons of interest?

“That's one question they would not answer for me,” he said. “It's frustrating, because they share so little information but they expect so much.”
FROM WOODLAND'S ABOVE LINK(thanks) Just wanted to add this bit instead of posting too many in row as I often do, sorry.

Imo, one could falter on the last two questions in polygraph-ie. what if you kind of think someone did it and if you were not absolutely sure that the person ie.AG,was in fact deceased. Just a thought..

I imagined PK went back to his car, put the cake inside and called LE from his cell. If it was me, I would have dropped the cake on the floor, and run for my life, locked myself in the car, just like roseofsharon said
...I know they like sweet treats...
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/617241--if-audrey-gleave-s-dogs-could-speak
"Lorne calls all four animals into the kitchen. They are fed twice a day, but the canines know what’s coming. Treat time. Hortons.

He opens the box and tears pieces from two plain doughnuts — he goes easy on the sugar — and the dogs sit patiently, waiting for a morsel of fried dough"

I wonder what the subject was of PK's paper that he presented at a conference in San Diego this past June, as per part 4 of the Spec series in September. I wonder at what conference as well.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/596949--audrey-s-case-gets-colder

It appears to have been:

Dynamic binary translation to a reconfigurable target for on-the-fly acceleration

from: http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/conf/dac/dac2011.html

I believe it relates to speeding up medical imaging with better software or "firmware". I read one of his other papers online somewhere. I think it was about better algorithms for better speed. Definitely a programming related thing.

Perhaps the cake was ingested by the dogs.........but I imagine the tests run on the dogs might show that..

IIRC, the dogs were crated inside the house, and presumably, PK never made it past the garage with the cake.

Forgive me if we’ve covered this before, but something is bugging me about the access to AG’s garage.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario, #2

wrt the code

She gave it to me - she said - in case I ever needed to come while she was out and get tools out of the garage to work. I always found that a bit odd since I never, ever visited when she wasn't home but I never thought enough of it to ask her about it.

If PK never visited when Audrey wasn’t home, that did not seem to hold true for December 30 … he went over when AG didn’t answer her phone. The normal assumption would be that the person was otherwise indisposed (i.e. the person was out and would return later, possibly visiting friends, shopping, gone to the doctor’s, the hospital, the vet, etc.). Without anything to indicate that something was awry, PK went over with the cake. Even if someone was able to look inside the garage and see that the camaro was there, that in itself is not an indication that something is wrong with the home owner. For all he knew, AG could have been luxuriating in the bathtub, having a nap, lying down because she didn't feel great, or just didn’t wish to have company and was ignoring the phone and the door.

If PK had never previously entered the house without AG’s prior permission or to get tools, why did he choose to enter the garage on that fateful day of all days?

Forgive me if we’ve covered this before, but something is bugging me about the access to AG’s garage.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario, #2

wrt the code

If PK never visited when Audrey wasn’t home, that did not seem to hold true for December 30 … he went over when AG didn’t answer her phone. The normal assumption would be that the person was otherwise indisposed (i.e. the person was out and would return later, possibly visiting friends, shopping, gone to the doctor’s, the hospital, the vet, etc.). Without anything to indicate that something was awry, PK went over with the cake. Even if someone was able to look inside the garage and see that the camaro was there, that in itself is not an indication that something is wrong with the home owner. For all he knew, AG could have been luxuriating in the bathtub, having a nap, lying down because she didn't feel great, or just didn’t wish to have company and was ignoring the phone and the door.

If PK had never previously entered the house without AG’s prior permission or to get tools, why did he choose to enter the garage on that fateful day of all days?

Excellent point! He may have continued over according to the arrangement they supposedly made for Thursday. But you'd think he would have phoned again once he arrived. And then left if there was no reply.

(But maybe an explanation was needed for his fingerprints being the last ones on the garage door keypad....in addition to an explanation for his footprints and tire tracks...in the event he'd actually left them there before that Thursday morn.)

OK, two things:

Tha cake:
- Why on earth would someone who'd just found a friend dead, stabbed, assaulted, laying on a cold garage floor have enough presence of mind to say to themselves - 'Oh, I'd better place the cake in the safety of my car'?????

No noise:
- Didn't PK scream or shout "HELP" or run to a neighbour yelling for help out of sheer panic and confusion? So, he simply waltzed back to his car, dialled 911 after having placed the cake safely in the car,called 911 KNOWING AG was dead and then waited on his car bumper for 911 to arrive????

I think most people would be in a state of panic, hysteria, crisis, perhaps vomiting at the sight, etc.

Something is wrong with this picture.:waitasec:

ETA: Also, why didn't PK remain near Audrey's body while calling 911 rather than 'having to go back to see if she really was dead'?????? At least wait near the body, outside of the garage in the fresh air.

wrt the code

Yes, that's been bugging me as well. Also, since there are "discrepancies" in PK's polygraph, how do we know that there aren't "discrepancies" in what PK has posted here?

:twocents:

Maybe this was a scheduled visit and PK would normally arrive, open the garage and meet her inside and this is what he did that day. If he had answered any of our questions about the when/how/why of this visit we wouldn't have to speculate.

I also find it odd that Ms Gleave was so private and had such few close friends that she would give her garage pass to someone she didn't even mention in her will.

Yes, that's been bugging me as well. Also, since there are "discrepancies" in PK's polygraph, how do we know that there aren't "discrepancies" in what PK has posted here?

:twocents:

Exactly! When you think of it, much of what we think we know about AG is from PK.

Maybe this was a scheduled visit and PK would normally arrive, open the garage and meet her inside and this is what he did that day. If he had answered any of our questions about the when/how/why of this visit we wouldn't have to speculate.

I also find it odd that Ms Gleave was so private and had such few close friends that she would give her garage pass to someone she didn't even mention in her will.

According to PK, it was scheduled, and he was to bring the cake that day. The odd thing, as pointed out by sillybilly is that he phoned, got no answer, went anyway, and opened the garage....even though he stated elsewhere that he would never go into the garage if she wasn't there.

AG had a keen interest in computer viruses - she had them sent to her so she could break them down and study them. I'm no techie, but don't viruses use a code from source to target, basically on-the-fly?

AG must have had much to share and discuss with PK on his paper 'Dynamic Binary Translation to a Reconfirurable Target for On-The-Fly Acceleration'.

Quoted from Canadian4:

I find that difficult to believe as well.:twocents:

According to PK, it was scheduled, and he was to bring the cake that day. The odd thing, as pointed out by sillybilly is that he phoned, got no answer, went anyway, and opened the garage....even though he stated elsewhere that he would never go into the garage if she wasn't there.

Indeed. Something is severely wrong here.:twocents:

AG had a keen interest in computer viruses - she had them sent to her so she could break them down and study them. I'm no techie, but don't viruses use a code from source to target, basically on-the-fly?

AG must have had much to share and discuss with PK on his paper 'Dynamic Binary Translation to a Reconfirurable Target for On-The-Fly Acceleration'.

Yes, viruses are definitely coded, nasty little programs. Not sure about the on-the-fly part. I think with PK's work it has to do with converting code as it crosses platforms, without hogging virtual memory or having to use physical memory.

Great point! With AG's science and computer background it must have been a hot topic for them. Hot enough for him to give her a bound (leather bound?) copy of one of his papers/dissertations.

I imagined PK went back to his car, put the cake inside and called LE from his cell. If it was me, I would have dropped the cake on the floor, and run for my life, locked myself in the car, just like roseofsharon said

For sure! I'd still be running. That part you mentioned yesterday from the Wells article just struck me again. The weather that day was a backdrop for horror, and would have made me run twice as fast:

"Just after midnight on Thursday, Dec. 30, fog hung in the darkness over the snow-covered ground. Then it turned to freezing fog, which, as Audrey would have known better than most, happens when water droplets supercool and freeze on contact with a surface. Later that morning, it rained. "

from: http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/594717--audrey-s-story-continues

Yes, viruses are definitely coded, nasty little programs. Not sure about the on-the-fly part. I think with PK's work it has to do with converting code as it crosses platforms, without hogging virtual memory or having to use physical memory.

Great point! With AG's science and computer background it must have been a hot topic for them. Hot enough for him to give her a bound (leather bound?) copy of one of his papers/dissertations.

I forget - were we ever told by LE that AG had copies of PK's dissertations in her home? Or copies of any of his work for that matter?

I'm still pondering these things:
- why the cake delivery when no one answered the phone prior to delivering it!
- why on earth would AG give her garage code out to anyone other than the person(s) in the will?
- since PK and AG were such good friends, why did PK's girlfriend/wife never go to meet/visit Audrey? (they must have only "met" at the wedding!!)
- how 'advanced' a chef is PK's wife in order for Audrey to ask that the wife bake the cake on a regular basis?

Too many questions linger.......:waitasec:

I forget - were we ever told by LE that AG had copies of PK's dissertations in her home? Or copies of any of his work for that matter?

Found it....in part II of the Wells story:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/594717--audrey-s-story-continues

"He had two papers published: one was called “Dynamic binary translation to a reconfigurable target for on-the-fly acceleration,” which involved applications for diagnostic imaging in medicine. He gave a bound copy of the paper to Audrey as a gift. She was delighted with the gesture and invited him over to talk about his work."

Found it....in part II of the Wells story:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/594717--audrey-s-story-continues

"He had two papers published: one was called “Dynamic binary translation to a reconfigurable target for on-the-fly acceleration,” which involved applications for diagnostic imaging in medicine. He gave a bound copy of the paper to Audrey as a gift. She was delighted with the gesture and invited him over to talk about his work."

Thanks for the great sleuthing!!:) But, the part I've highlighted/made bold in your post has me wondering this - WHO GAVE JON WELLS THAT INFO? If it was just PK's word, how can we be certain that this isn't another "discrepancy"?????

I'm very confuzzled here!:ohwow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member