CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PK is very well educated! It would have cost thousands of dollars for his education.

Who funded this education -- OSAP?? Are his parents rich? He surely could not have saved the kind of money needed for a Masters degree working at student wages.

Did AG lend him the money? I still am puzzled by her estate. I do not think $50,000.00 was a lot of money considering.

imo

Since Audrey had been sick, maybe PK was worried when she didn't answer the phone. He knew she was supposed to be home so he went to deliver the cake and check on her. I don't find that so unusual.
Also people say.., "if I found a body, I would do this or that" who knows how you would really react. Some people are numb, some are screaming idiots and some are calm.

Thanks for the great sleuthing!!:) But, the part I've highlighted/made bold in your post has me wondering this - WHO GAVE JON WELLS THAT INFO? If it was just PK's word, how can we be certain that this isn't another "discrepancy"?????

I'm very confuzzled here!:ohwow:

Great point! It does sound all kind of oddly "after the fact"; in that PK did all this work, and after it was bound, they finally sat down to discuss it. But not before at any time? hmmmm!

Great point! It does sound all kind of oddly "after the fact"; in that PK did all this work, and after it was bound, they finally sat down to discuss it.But not before at any time? hmmmm!

Perhaps AG "contributed" to his papers/dissertations/theses/etc.

According to PK, it was scheduled, and he was to bring the cake that day. The odd thing, as pointed out by sillybilly is that he phoned, got no answer, went anyway, and opened the garage....even though he stated elsewhere that he would never go into the garage if she wasn't there.

I know but I remember asking him when he called. Right before he left, the night before, a few days? He wouldn't be specific. If it was right before he left to drive over then its a bit odd, but the night before or earlier seems fine.

Did AG lend him the money? I still am puzzled by her estate. I do not think $50,000.00 was a lot of money considering.

According to PK the estate was worth 500 grand not 50.

PK presented his 'Dynamic Binary Translation ...' paper in San Diego 6 months after AG was killed. Did he present it somewhere else before that?

One has to submit papers to a major conference of experts a good 6 months or so in advance for review before presenting.

Since Audrey had been sick, maybe PK was worried when she didn't answer the phone. He knew she was supposed to be home so he went to deliver the cake and check on her. I don't find that so unusual.
Also people say.., "if I found a body, I would do this or that" who knows how you would really react. Some people are numb, some are screaming idiots and some are calm.

With all due respect, I think the majority of people would react ...

OMG!!!!!! and remove themselves from the scene for their own safety.

If one was to come upon a scene like that, I think your own survival instincts would kick in immediately and tell you OMG the person(s) who did this may still be around and RUN RUN RUN!!!!

Even at the scene of an accident, people panic and run out of fear, but this was clearly not an accident from all the accounts.

However, there is the discrepancy between PK and LE in the description of what was observed at the scene.

imo

Quite true. And "reality is stranger than fiction" as they say. But I think it depends on circumstances and degrees. For example, in the hypothetical case of a recently axe-murdered body where the blood was still oozing, instinctual self-preservation would probably kick in with the majority of people and flight would occur. If I found a bloodless body on my populated street while out for a morning stroll on a sunny day, I might be less inclined to run.

In this case however, PK has stated he thought she may have slipped, and that he saw dried blood...so danger may not have been on his mind.

But I still don't see how one can perceive that, when LE describes it as the most horrific murder in years. If it was as horrific as LE says, then I suspect the fear factor would have kicked in for many people.

As for entering the garage anyway...that's true. He may have wanted to check on her since she'd been ill. But why not phone again when he got there? How was he going to check in the house if he thought the dogs might be around?

I know but I remember asking him when he called. Right before he left, the night before, a few days? He wouldn't be specific. If it was right before he left to drive over then its a bit odd, but the night before or earlier seems fine.

In one post he said,

"I spoke to Audrey on December 25 just to check in on her and see how she was feeling and also to reschedule my coming over to Thursday morning. I called her on Thursday morning to let her know I was running a bit late with no response."

post #425 on this page:

Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario, #2 - Page 17 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Shifting gears for a moment ... I read that AG took pictures of PK working on the property.

Have these pictures been made public? I'm also curious as to what was worked on, as AG's property didn't look particularly manicured -- I know it was winter, but if there are flower beds, etc., you would have been able to see the outlines from the aerial views of the home. There wasn't that much snow on the ground at the time.

Maybe PK just got rid of broken tree branches, etc., but I was under the impression AG was into all types of gardening??

PK presented his 'Dynamic Binary Translation ...' paper in San Diego 6 months after AG was killed. Did he present it somewhere else before that?

One has to submit papers to a major conference of experts a good 6 months or so in advance for review before presenting.

Quite true. I once helped run a symposium at Mac, and the papers had to be in way in advance. At least the abstracts. For planning purposes and quality concerns.

He may have just sent the abstract in advance of finishing. But there are 2 or 3 papers he's done in that area. I read a 4th year undergrad one online somewhere.

Interestingly, I believe there is also another K (now a Dr. K) at Mac, in the same area. And PK is mentioned in his work.

That included the sale of the home, which sold in the vicintiy of $425,000.00. Her savings account was only around $50,000.00 cash.

Forgive me because I know nothing about estates but assuming there wasn't a mortgage on the house wouldn't the 425 grand it sold for be part of the estate?

I'm dancing around motive with the work on the papers. Did AG contribute anything? An original idea? I'm guessing, but do not know for sure, that PK's paper might be a good application that works much the same way as a virus - but results in something positive?

I'm dancing around motive with the work on the papers. Did AG contribute anything? An original idea? I'm guessing, but do not know for sure, that PK's paper might be a good application that works much the same way as a virus - but results in something positive?

If AG could break down and analyze virus code, she could surely have understood the basics of what PK was trying to achieve. And probably would have loved pondering at least pseudo-solutions.

Why was PK asked to go back and check AG's pulse when he found her?
Is this usual when one comes across a corpse?

There are better and more objective articles about say "academic dishonesty" than the one I am posting now, but this individual has raised questions that have popped up before (on our Lachlan Cranswick thread) and raises topics that lead to other ideas and more mainstream links....
http://pyshnov.wordpress.com/2007/02/28/shocking-details-of-prof-v-fabricant-case/

Why was PK asked to go back and check AG's pulse when he found her?
Is this usual when one comes across a corpse?

I think it was to be CERTAIN the body was in fact dead.

My husband needed 911 a few years ago and the person on 911 told me to use a hand held phone and REMAIN WITH HIM. I believe it's in case the person takes a turn for the worse or for the better.

In AG's case, what if PK was wrong and she'd merely had a heart attack, stroke, etc. The 911 people want you to remain with the person until they arrive.

Come to think of it - how did PK really know AG was dead prior to returning as 911 told him to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez