CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That song is so haunting now. And mournful.

Listening to it again now, two years later, I'm still wondering if Audrey herself sent the song OR was it sent by the killer?

And I suppose only the killer knows.........:twocents: And Audrey also knows.

This is truly horrific. There must be justice for Audrey. :rose:

Finally found the thread, hello all- hoping a new year will bring some new clues and answers!
Kinsmapj,in your heart of hearts- do you think Audrey knew her killer from years ago and wondering if she ever hinted at who she was afraid of in terms of "being raped and killed in her own home"?

That song is so haunting now. And mournful.

Listening to it again now, two years later, I'm still wondering if Audrey herself sent the song OR was it sent by the killer?

And I suppose only the killer knows.........:twocents: And Audrey also knows.

This is truly horrific. There must be justice for Audrey. :rose:
<bbm>

I'm sure there will be eventually Stone. In my family, it took 13 years the first time, and 8 the second time ... both times they got it right.

Lady Justice isn't always in a hurry, but smart babe that she is (smarter than most criminals), she usually ends up getting it right.

I hope you're right sillybilly. For some inexplicable reason, I feel attached to Audrey and I need Lady Justice to find the killer.......the RIGHT person this time. So much effort was used on DLS and he was merely the fall guy. So sad for him as well to be put through that.

I do know you're correct when you say that Lady Justice is much smarter than a killer. Yes, she indeed is!

I wasn't here when the two previous threads were taken down, so I don't know what led up tp that happening. But I'm curious as to why THIS new thread begins with the CAKE again.

Perhaps it's only me......but I find that odd. What caused that recipe to be posted here again? Did someone ask for it to be posted again? It doesn't really matter now, though. Audrey is gone and she'll have no more Christmas cakes of any sort. That makes me very sad.......

:moo:

After reading through Threads 1,2, and 3, I feel like I've found a family of sorts - all of us dedicated to seeing Audrey's killer caught and justice served. I lived in nearby Paris when it happened, and as a female living alone in a not-particularly-secure building, developed a keen interest in the case, needless to say!

ITA that the killer and Audrey were known to each other. "Young and Close" seems pertinent as well. The reluctance of LE to divulge what would seem to be important details tells me we haven't seen the last of this. As for connection to SV and SL, it would be great to think the solution of one case would be the solution of all, and we could all sleep more soundly at night without the thought of two or three different brutes still at large out there... However, the savagery of Audrey's killing and her premonition give me a gut feeling that this was specific to her.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes, and hoping Threads 4, 5, and 6 pass review, because I want to see what's been going on in the past year!

After reading through Threads 1,2, and 3, I feel like I've found a family of sorts - all of us dedicated to seeing Audrey's killer caught and justice served. I lived in nearby Paris when it happened, and as a female living alone in a not-particularly-secure building, developed a keen interest in the case, needless to say!

ITA that the killer and Audrey were known to each other. "Young and Close" seems pertinent as well. The reluctance of LE to divulge what would seem to be important details tells me we haven't seen the last of this. As for connection to SV and SL, it would be great to think the solution of one case would be the solution of all, and we could all sleep more soundly at night without the thought of two or three different brutes still at large out there... However, the savagery of Audrey's killing and her premonition give me a gut feeling that this was specific to her.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes, and hoping Threads 4, 5, and 6 pass review, because I want to see what's been going on in the past year!

Welcome Leftcoaster!

Yes, I agree that we all want these cases solved. I also have the sense that Audrey's case is not connected to Sonia's or Shelly's cases, although others disagree with that view. What we can all agree on though is that none of these women deserved this outcome!

:welcome: :welcome4: :welcome: to LeftCoaster!

You guys are helping me keep the faith. For that I am extremely grateful! :)

And here we go with "young and close" again..........

Welcome to WS LeftCoaster, delighted that you are interested in Audrey's thread- as you can see, many of us are passionate about this case!

Aren't the "young and close" theories and the Audrey had a premonition theories incompatible?

I hope you're right sillybilly.
I wasn't here when the two previous threads were taken down, so I don't know what led up tp that happening. But I'm curious as to why THIS new thread begins with the CAKE again.

Perhaps it's only me......but I find that odd. What caused that recipe to be posted here again? Did someone ask for it to be posted again? It doesn't really matter now, though. Audrey is gone and she'll have no more Christmas cakes of any sort. That makes me very sad.......

:moo:

I don't find it odd. I think the thread got removed right after the recipe was posted and the poster wanted to make sure we got it.

Aren't the "young and close" theories and the Audrey had a premonition theories incompatible?

Yes, I suppose you're right about that.

You know - that premonition still gets to me. Why did Audrey feel that way? Had she been threatened? And mostly, if she had been threatened, why didn't she tell LE?

So many unanswered questions remain. Oh, and I also wonder when Audrey began having that feeling. Many years ago? That's highly likely, I'd say.

:twocents:

Still thinking of Audrey 2 years later.

Not the exact link Audrey sent of Amazing Grace, but another of the same performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyQkRrb-RLU

This link came from Hazel's post back in thread #2.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6999307&postcount=245

(PS - Welcome back kinsmapj. I really should try that recipe sometime.)

Something about the forwarding of the "Amazing Grace" video stays on my mind. Audrey sent it - as far as we know - to two people who were either nearby (in the case of the neighbours, and weren't they the closest neighbours?) or theoretically could go there quickly if summoned (PK). It really does seem like a signal of some kind, IMO. Either the perp was present in the house - and I think some kind of expected guest, if the dogs were crated - or Audrey felt that a direct request for assistance would be problematic in some way. For example, she was worried that someone would be looking at or using her computer at some point, and if nothing came of the visit, the 'signal' could be explained away. PK, was the video forward your last email communication from her? I think I've read that along the way.

This is where an estimated time of death would be helpful. However, that information must be critical to the investigation if it hasn't been revealed to the public.

Glad you have joined in LeftCoaster. Welcome !! :)

Re the Amazing Grace video, it was in PK's email on the morning of the 27th and then later that same morning (iirc, around 10:40ish) he received another email from Audrey including the info that Lyn was coming over shortly with soup. Without going back and checking right now, I believe that was also the email that said she was going to make her Wednesday coffee meeting, come hell or high water.

WRT the second Amazing Grace email, I'm not sure we've ever known whether it was actually sent the evening of the 27th, or if it was sent earlier in the day and LF just happened to open it that evening.

HTH

ETA: Although I've gone back through PK's total 17 posts, it is odd that whichever post contained the golden.net email addy and content of Audrey's second email that morning doesn't exist anymore. It definitely existed because that is where we got the email addy that Audrey used. Dunno .. perhaps the post was edited or it was in the thread under review, but all his posts seem to be available using the search feature. Anyone??

Isnt' it possible that her premonition or feeling of foreboding was based on vibes she received from someone she knew, whether a student, PK, relative, friend, neighbour, etc. ??

Would be helpful if we knew when she made that comment to David G.

... WRT the second Amazing Grace email, I'm not sure we've ever known whether it was actually sent the evening of the 27th, or if it was sent earlier in the day and LF just happened to open it that evening ...
<snip>

Apologies for quoting self ... just can't resist ;)

It has always bothered me why Audrey would send the lovely (although funereal) Amazing Grace to PK and LF but not LV (a closer, more long term friend than either of the others). Longshot that LV doesn't have an email account, but assuming she does and was in Audrey's contact list, it has occurred to me that the email may have been intended for LV ... but whoever sent it may have started to type L in the "To" field and the default came up and was accepted as Li... instead of Ly..

If the email was sent by someone other than AG, it's possible the person intended it for Audrey's good friend Lyn but believed that "Lyn" was short for Linda and thought they were sending the email to Audrey's long term friend LV.

Clear as mud as usual, huh

Quoted from sillybilly:

<<< If the email was sent by someone other than AG, it's possible the person intended it for Audrey's good friend Lyn but believed that "Lyn" was short for Linda and thought they were sending the email to Audrey's long term friend LV. >>>

Good point here. Also, the initials LV and LF aren't all that different simply from a looking-at-a-computer type of situation.

Glad you have joined in LeftCoaster. Welcome !! :)

Re the Amazing Grace video, it was in PK's email on the morning of the 27th and then later that same morning (iirc, around 10:40ish) he received another email from Audrey including the info that Lyn was coming over shortly with soup. Without going back and checking right now, I believe that was also the email that said she was going to make her Wednesday coffee meeting, come hell or high water.

WRT the second Amazing Grace email, I'm not sure we've ever known whether it was actually sent the evening of the 27th, or if it was sent earlier in the day and LF just happened to open it that evening.

HTH

ETA: Although I've gone back through PK's total 17 posts, it is odd that whichever post contained the golden.net email addy and content of Audrey's second email that morning doesn't exist anymore. It definitely existed because that is where we got the email addy that Audrey used. Dunno .. perhaps the post was edited or it was in the thread under review, but all his posts seem to be available using the search feature. Anyone??
Found this SB :)
On Monday, Dec. 27, 2010, the morning broke sunny and cold. Audrey had not been feeling well.

She sent an email to Phil, a 22-year-old McMaster University engineering graduate student who did small jobs around the house and property for her.

In addition to sending the email to Phil, she sent the same message later that day to Linda, a neighbour across the street, whom she knew but had never welcomed inside the house.

Audrey always shared jokes, articles and videos by email. But this one was different. It was a concert rendition of a spiritual hymn. She was not a religious person, though, and never forwarded songs.

Later, she sent a new email, to Phil:

Monday, Dec. 27, 2010, 10:46 a.m.

Subject: report

By Sunday the weakness was disappearing but still there. And would you believe that this morning I got a secondary infection; runny nose, runny eyes, sneezing. But at least I don&#8217;t feel weak so don&#8217;t think I&#8217;ve a fever. I&#8217;m just annoyed with it. Hope it gets better because I intend to have coffee Wed. come hell or high water. I&#8217;ve got cabin fever. Lynne is coming over with soup in a few minutes.

Bary
He was one of several people on her email contact list. She emailed each person separately, never as a group. It was a privacy thing. More unusual was Audrey&#8217;s insistence that anyone emailing refer to her as Baryon, or Bary, even within the text of a message.

She made it clear if you wrote her real first name, at any time, you would be cut off.​
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/595858--who-is-audrey-gleave
(respectfully snipped by me)
  • I am wondering if we ever had confirmation about the soup delivery?
  • Did Audrey mention anything about having an appointment with the Vet that afternoon/evening to either LV or PK?

Hazel, to the best of my recollection, we only have the e-mail you posted above about the soup delivery. I don't recall reading anything about LE finding the soup, anyone seeing LV arriving with the soup.....nothing more than that e-mail.

I missed the end of the last thread, hope we get it back. PK have you heard anything new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14