CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2216816-audrey-s-story-continues/

" Phil was polite and radiated an earnest, eager-to-please vibe. A practising Christian, he met his fiancée, Alex, a petite, attractive woman, at church. When they married in June 2010, he convinced Audrey to attend the wedding.

Phil had met Audrey four years earlier, in 2006, when he was 18 and in first year at McMaster"

bbm.
G.S. German Shepherd dog.

This still strikes me as a bit off - why would a handyman invite an elderly woman for whom he works to his wedding? Be kind to her.....YES! Bring her cake at Christmas......SURE! Phone to make certain she's doing well in a snowstorm or other storms.....YES! I mean.....he only worked for Audrey. It's not like AG was a grandmother to PK.

Am I the only one who finds this a bit odd/strange? And then he had to 'convince her to attend' the wedding. Why not simply accept her "No" as a response to the invitation?

And I'm going to post what (I think) some will be pondering amidst our recent discussions here:

Christian----->fanatic(????????)------->'Amazing Grace'(??????????)------>judgements-------->marriage vs. divorced and alone------>more judgements(????????)---------->suspect.............

:twocents:

This still strikes me as a bit off - why would a handyman invite an elderly woman for whom he works to his wedding? Be kind to her.....YES! Bring her cake at Christmas......SURE! Phone to make certain she's doing well in a snowstorm or other storms.....YES! I mean.....he only worked for Audrey. It's not like AG was a grandmother to PK.

Am I the only one who finds this a bit odd/strange? And then he had to 'convince her to attend' the wedding. Why not simply accept her "No" as a response to the invitation?

And I'm going to post what (I think) some will be pondering amidst our recent discussions here:

Christian----->fanatic(????????)------->'Amazing Grace'(??????????)------>judgements-------->marriage vs. divorced and alone------>more judgements(????????)---------->suspect.............

PK was certainly very proud to closer know such a woman, even if it was just her handyman?
On the other I'm still thinking (since longer time) .................................

And I forgot to add;

4. serial killer

5. roving madman

These two are not my favourites theories. But this case drives me crazy and the other three have powerful things in favour yet it is hard for me to believe all of these people would collude to off Audrey.

Serial killer I can't understand why this wouldn't be known to LE and then to us. I do think SL and SV could be linked.

I agree about the possibility of a connection to SV for sure. Not sure about the attack on SL.

:
If you read the article, they spent hours talking. He was the only person allowed in her home. He had known her for 4 years before he invited her to his wedding. He received over 2,000 emails from her. He was more than just a handyman.

If you read the article, they spent hours talking. He was the only person allowed in her home. He had known her for 4 years before he invited her to his wedding. He received over 2,000 emails from her. He was more than just a handyman.

Wasn't he also attending the college she graduated from or where she had taught classes when she first met him? She may have hired him to help him with his costs for college orginally. PK may have continued to help her because he knew she was unable to do the things that need to be done in a home that the elderly just can't do themselves. After 4 years if he did not like her he would not still have been doing things for her. Does not seem odd to me at all that he wanted to continue to help her out. jmo

Yes, you're right. He was more than just her handyman. I hope he's actively looking for her killer. I hope he's working through things the way we are here to bring justice for Audrey. She has no family to speak for her. Therefore, I hope PK steps up and becomes like the son she never had.......working very hard for justice in her case. And AK as well. The two of them could possibly do wonders if they set their minds to it. Perhaps they already are working actively with LE to find the killer here. I hope so.......

Reading between the lines of your message NSU............it is curious that nobody close to Audrey as far as we know is intent on finding her killer. (We have already noted that in the days of the roaming madman theory those dealing with her house seemed to feel no fear of the roving madman)!

Now they are looking for someone Audrey knew. It certainly was a huge thing when her friend came on WS yet there was little interest in helping to find her killer. In media I think there were admonitions NOT to look into it and to remember Audrey as she was and now to look foreword etc. How come?

I realize everyone handles grief differently but in this case everyone seems to handle grief the same way.

@ 1010011010
- AG smoked 10-20 smokes per day
- she would definitely smoke in the garage with the door up and (I believe, though I never saw her / asked about it) that she would smoke inside sometimes
- I think she smoked Belmonts…. no 6N smokes as far as I know
- Actually AG really liked stars and so it wasn't impossible for her to go outside extremely late at night for a smoke to look at the sky and let the dogs run
- I can't think of a single time when I ever saw the garage door open with AG inside. She was extremely diligent at keeping it closed

@ LilyMacBloom
- thank you for so much great info (post 454)! Actually, for your interest, AG was fascinated with the CIA… I remember her reading memoirs of a CIA agent and she talked about the book for months… was really fascinated by the redacted portions. "Fair Game" I think was the name of the book? Makes me wonder if there was something more about her past she never mentioned

@ No_Stone_Unturned
- Honestly, there were so few pictures of AG… especially in her younger years. I can't ever recall seeing something that might indicate a child but that doesn't mean it is impossible.

@ nicgumshoe
- AG's response to a stranger arriving unannounced would vary by time of day. She might ignore them or use the dogs to try and scare them off but she did tell me stories of sitting door-to-door visitors on the bench and talking to them for hours on end… hehe

@ shadowraiths (#464)
- Yah… I'm sure lots of people are thinking that… can't really blame LE for checking me out (as difficult as it has been for my wife and I)

@ No_Stone_Unturned (#477)
- The garage was connected to the house by a door. I'm sorry I can't really comment on whether I think she was dragged out of the house… when LE had me revisit the garage after her body was removed to try and identify missing objects, I didn't see any streaks between the door to the house and where she was found

@ roseofsharon (#504)
- I can't quite remember the name of the company she bought it from but it was installed late in mid November. I remember she was pretty aggravated with the guy who came to install it because he had been rude to her. I'm not 100% sure how she paid but if I know Audrey it was with cash

@ Hazel (#507 - re AG cancelling coffee)
- Wow! I had missed this before but this is really perplexing me… why did she email me to tell me she was going??

@ dotr (#520)
- I'm not sure! (For obvious reasons) I didn't go inside the house so I'm not sure where the dogs were confined.

@ dotr (#523)
- Some quick info about the scheduling of time to drop off the cake. I had originally planned to visit AG on Christmas day but she had emailed me a day or two prior to call it off because she was so sick. So, on Christmas day I called her to check in and that's when we set the definite time to get together around 10am on Thursday for me to drop it off. I do find the timing of the vet visit to be an interesting open question…

@ Hazel (#530)
- Great point!!! When I was in the house a few days later (before the cleaning had started) it didn't seem like two dogs had been unattended in the house for any extended period of time!

@ roseofsharon (#529)
- Haha, even if the dogs knew the scent I would expect them to bark up a storm… every time I arrived they went wild

@ Hazel (#537)
- Nope… no way did Aud own a cellphone

@ roseofsharon
- I'm almost certain that Audrey didn't take any RX medications… She never mentioned it and I never saw any of the expected debris in the kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom

@ sillybilly (#569)
- You and me both! I think it was under two weeks for everything to be wrapped up… in my recollection the house was sold in under a month

@ No_Stone_Unturned
- I don't think AG had OnStar… I never rode in the Camaro…. whenever we were driving somewhere we would take my car but I have loaded/unloaded things for her and I don't remember seeing the "button"

One question PK never responded to was when I enquired wrt his convos with Audrey about what would happen in the event of her death. :waitasec:

One question PK never responded to was when I enquired wrt his convos with Audrey about what would happen in the event of her death. :waitasec:

Maybe they never had that conversation. Plenty of people do not like to talk about death, theirs or anybody else's.

BCM had an facebook account which stopped January 2011. MK as an owner posted lyrics from strange RAP texts, if I'm right.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
MK has an facebook account on which had formed a group in memory of Audrey. PK has joined this group. (AK as 3rd brother and neighbour has not.)

MK has interest in WALK OF FAITH (please WS people look on this!).

MK has also interest in mowbile repairs. Did AG need/take such services and perhaps also in the prevailing season? I'm thinking of mowbiles with the option of conversion to snow plow. - If, then "young and close" would fit too.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
If both young men are innocent we all around this case may expect, they both PK and MK are interested to find AG's murderer - tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or soon.

Quoted from FromGermany:

<<< MK has an facebook account on which had formed a group in memory of Audrey. PK has joined this group. (AK as 3rd brother and neighbour has not.)

MK has interest in WALK OF FAITH (please WS people look on this!). >>>

!. For those of us who don't do FB, is there any way to see this (other than joining FB?)! :scared:

2. Yes, I just looked at the WOF pages and for some unknown reason (when reading how faith replaces sight, etc.) I was reminded of my father reciting a little ditty that goes something like - 'I see said the blind man to his deaf and dumb daughter when he picked up the knife and saw..........'. It also reminded me of some parts of 'Amazing Grace'........"was blind but now I see".

Coincidence? Possibly. Probably.

I truly wish these young men would put their heads together and work to finding the killer of Audrey Gleave. She deserves nothing less from them......and from all of us.

Very true.......I'm one of those people!! :blushing:

I'm not one of those people, but my children don't want to hear about death etc. :)

But - PK was writing that he had conversation with AG about these things. Only he hadn't spoke about the content. This occurs to me: why did PK not inherited???

Maybe they never had that conversation. Plenty of people do not like to talk about death, theirs or anybody else's.

from pj's post:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario, #2

Finally, regarding the tidying, AG never gave me the slightest impression that it was for any other reason than simply recognizing she was getting older and wanting to purge some of her things. I believe I've mentioned before that in her last year, AG and I talked a few times about what would happen after she was gone.
<rs&bbm>

I've been back through his posts and don't see that he had mentioned it before.

from my subsequent post:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario, #2

PK, when you get a minute ... you mentioned earlier that you and Audrey talked a few times about what would happen after she was gone. Could you please elaborate on this, i.e. any reference to provisions for her beloved dogs, what would happen with her home, property, personal possessions, etc.

I considered that to be a significant question (given her death and our many questions surrounding it), and to my knowledge, it is the only question posed to PK that he did not respond to. I believe I mentioned it again at a later date and still no response.

I'm not one of those people, but my children don't want to hear about death etc. :)

But - PK was writing that he had conversation with AG about these things. Only he hadn't spoke about the content. This occurs to me: why did PK not inherited???

Perhaps he did through loans for his education. AG may have wanted PK to have money that would have been willed to him while she was still alive to help defray university costs. Having no children of her own, I could see AG doing this.

I can't find the link, but I believe LV said AG was a very generous person.

Just speculation and .......

moo

For those of us who don't do FB, is there any way to see this (other than joining FB?)! :scared:

MK on facebook:

Rebel Souls and Deserters We are Called
Nothing Wagered, Nothing Gained
Take The Path Less Travelled

I'm not sure with RAP lyrics, something had led me to the theme. :confused:

MK on facebook:

Rebel Souls and Deserters We are Called
Nothing Wagered, Nothing Gained
Take The Path Less Travelled

I'm not sure with RAP lyrics, something had led me to the theme. :confused:

There was discussion earlier wrt the above FG ... the BCM website (that is linked on the FB page) was registered (iirc, Dec 21 2010) approx. 1 week prior to Audrey's death and PK was shown as the registrant (using the addy of his wife's parents in Stoney Creek).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme