CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anything did come about from the forensic testing of Audrey's dear dogs?

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/08/14/how_a_cat_helped_convict_a_uk_killer.html

"LONDON—A newly created DNA database of British cats has helped convict a killer, a British university said Wednesday, illustrating how even pets’ genetic material can be a boon to forensic scientists.

The University of Leicester says its catalogue of feline DNA buttressed the prosecution case against David Hilder, who was convicted of manslaughter last month at a court in the English city of Winchester.

“This is the first time cat DNA has been used in a criminal trial in the U.K.,” said Jon Wetton, who led the project. “This could be a real boon for forensic science, as the 10 million cats in the U.K. are unwittingly tagging the clothes and furnishings in more than a quarter of households.”

Although drawing DNA from human hair, saliva, or blood samples has long been established part of crime scene investigations, animal material has also provided investigators with valuable clues. The Veterinary Genetics Laboratory at the University of California, Davis has used animal DNA to catch criminals for more than a decade — including in one case in London in which blood left at the scene of a nightclub stabbing was matched to a murder suspect’s bull terrier".

Thanks for the links! :) I was wrong when I said 'in broad daylight'. But still......it's too close to SV's murder date and I have the willies. :scared:

I also missed the part that these women were sexually assaulted.

Hmmm..............

Trying to locate JV's Florida court case. I'll give some links...hoping others here can make more of them than I. Looks to me like anyone requesting records has to be a member of the bar.

http://www.17th.flcourts.org/images/stories/17th_pdf_files/Records_Request_Policy.pdf

When JV's arrest began, was the sting operation that netted him a Federal Op or a State Op? It appears that JV was arrested on a Federal offense, so seems it would have been put on some US Federal District Criminal Court Docket by now. My searches have turned up zip.

http://www.17th.flcourts.org/index.php/court-administration/welcome

This link gave me a tab for the earlier link I gave above. Maybe you folks can do better with the tabs than I. (hope so !!)

Seems to me that the contacts with L/E and media by Woodland, Greenthumb, and No Stone Unturned should have produced some word by some means about this from somebody by now. Makes me wonder....
dd2

~ they describe him as an 'asian male' on the cbc link above.
( From FromGermany's link provided above.)

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/08/13/mcmaster-security-alert.html
"The Hamilton Police Service Sexual Assault Unit Police plans to go back over previous reports of sexual assaults in the area to see if any might be connected.

The suspect is described as an Asian male, approximately 5'6" to 5"10" tall with a medium build. He is described to be in his late teens to early 20's. He had shaggy black hair, was clean-shaven and wore black wire-framed glasses.

At the time of the attack, he was wearing a white collared polo shirt with red stripes, light beige cargo pants and white running shoes with white ankle socks"

I don't understand...........???

Some of us here think that SV, SL and AG had the same perp. So, when I saw/heard about the assaults near McMaster I thought of Sonia Varaschin who was murdered on 29 August in 2010. She was murdered in Orangeville.

ETA:

"I have the willies" = It gives me the creeps.

Well, I've found one answer to my questions:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-03-19/news/fl-toronto-man-arrested-20130319_1_undercover-officer-grindr-criminal-sexual-conduct

SunSentinel - March 19, 2013 - By Brett Clarkson
J------- R------ V-------, 31, recently moved from Toronto to Florida
A Canadian man is facing federal charges after sending a litany of sexually graphic text messages to an undercover police officer posing as a 15-year-old boy, special agents said.

J R V, 31, was living in Wellington when he began chatting with an undercover law enforcement officer on March 13, according to a criminal complaint filed in the West Palm Beach federal courthouse.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/man-who-just-moved-to-wellington-charged-with-atte/nWxbf/

The Palm Beach Post - Tues Mar 19, 2013:
"A 28-year-old Canadian who told (the sting agent) that he was new in town from Canada is now new in the Palm Beach County Jail...."

Then it appears that JRV was transferred to BSO, the main jail in Fort Lauderdale, FL, arrested and booked (the link with the photo and description showing inmates location as BSO.

On 06/20/2013 , thread 8 # 237, Sidekick "I have posted the 2 photos together, the Florida Jail house photo and the one from the Ontario sketch regarding the attack." The photos that Sidekick posted are captioned: http://JailBase.com J------- V------- Booked on Mar 22, 2013 [now we know that Sidekick did not photoshop those !! :) ]

http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/fl-bso/2013-03-22/jonathan-vanstone-901300278

Link gives all the info: name, Booked by: Broward (County Florida) Sheriff's Office; on Mar. 22, 2013; for: other ; description; Facility: Main Jail (Ft Lauderdale); Charges: (no enry) ; Tracking #: 901300278

Following link also gives same info with photo and including: "Arrested: 03/22/2013 - 20 weeks 5 days ago"

http://arrestfiles.org/publicinfo/jonathan-vanstone

So we have proof that he was arrested, booked, was jailed in 2 places. So why is there no record in the Broward County Florida Sheriff's jail records of him? No Federal District Criminal or Civil Court records for him.

It appears he was released from Florida custody. Why? By whom? When? Where is he now? I would like to hope that he was extradited to Canada for "you know what"....but it's been about 7 1/2 decades since I believed in the tooth fairy.

I need help.
dd2

Hmmm, what an interesting turn of events on JV. Someone has to know where he is, or someone should be able to find him.

Did he make bail? Find a suitable surety? With JV facing such serious charges, I find it hard to believe he was allowed to leave the state of Florida. How well connected is JV's family?

Hopefully anyone and everyone can put some feelers out. I have faith that Hamilton PD wants to keep track of JV's whereabouts as well - seems they told a poster here they will investigate the JV link to AG.

Cheers to S/Kick and dd2.

Hey!
Tomorrow I will get in touch with some Casey Anthony peeps who live in Florida to see if they can assist with more info on where 'he' is now. Something most have transpired! The first thing which came to mind was he was bonded out ... But being a non American citizen makes me wonder.
Thanks guys, I'm just really curious about him as I find he fits the bill. Motive? Not sure... Maybe he's just f up?

Some of us here think that SV, SL and AG had the same perp. So, when I saw/heard about the assaults near McMaster I thought of Sonia Varaschin who was murdered on 29 August in 2010. She was murdered in Orangeville.

ETA:

"I have the willies" = It gives me the creeps.

Now I know, what "willies" is/are! Thank you! :)

Have written to the author of the March 2013 article in the Sun Sentinel asking for assistance.

Good thinking, Woodland!! Salute for having the intestinal fortitude to go with it. The two together can't be beat.
Do I smell behind the scenes horse trading in this development?
dd2

IMO it is worth someone taking another crack notifying LE. Lots of things slip through the cracks. They are always sceptical about ideas linking things, cases I have no idea why.

Sometimes you just need the right person. Maybe after WL finds out from Sun where he is - if they know and will tell them.

Someone commented on the possibility that JV and another person of interest here look alike and therefore both look like the composite and therefore may be related - an idea.

But look I still think if these crimes were linked we would know about it. Maybe I am naive.

FromGermany posted on 06/27/2013 - page 18 #429:

"One would have to know something about the murder weapons and actions to the victims now. Maybe something e.g. to bring veterinary medicine in conjunction (or other professional or hobby). But the police unfortunately leaves us in the dark."

This triggered the thought that ranchers and big stables keep tranquilizer dart guns for use when doctoring animals. Could possibly answer the question of why Audrey's dogs didn't raise holy H--- while she was being battered and killed. By the time Audrey's body was found all traces of the tranquilizer would have worn off. Would the bumbling LE have thought to have them examined for small puncture wounds?

IF JV did/does work around stables, he probably could acquire such items. Had he heard discussions about Audrey by his Aunt LV and family? Speculation that she had money and valuables in her home; that she was all alone, weak, and unprotected but for the dogs ? Did those seeds of suggestion grow in JV's twisted, compulsive make-up until he devised a means of gaining that wealth? Were such seeds intentionally planted by the one who stood to gain the most?

Was JV the person at the family gathering who made Audrey uncomfortable? If so, she wasn't one to be intimidated by rudeness.... did she confront him?

All speculation and out-of-the box thinking.
dd2

http://www.floridahorse.com/2013showdates.htm

SPECIAL EVENTS:

FTI Winter Equestrian Festival 2013, WELLINGTON, FL - January 9th - March 31st at Palm Beach International Equestrian Club, Wellington, FL website: www.equestriansport.com
WEF 9 - March 6 - 10 - The Bainbridge Companies "AA" rated, CSI 4* Jumper W,(Hunters At Stadium)
WEF 10 - March 13 - 17 - Horseware Ireland CSI 3* "AA" rated
WEF 11 - March 20 - 24 - Artisan Farms "AA" rated, FEI CSI 4*
WEF 12 - March 27 - 31 - FTI Consulting "AA" rated, CSI 5* Jumper

Highlights (repeating):
Every Wednesday: Brookledge Welcome Stake
Every Thursday: $ 25,000 Grand Prix
Every Friday: $10,000 Mini Prix
Every Sunday: $ 50,000 Grand Prix except for week IX when $100,000 Grand Prix

2013:

February 27 - March 3 - WEF 8 - G&C Farm "AA" rated, FEI CSIO 4*, Winter Equestrian Festival, Palm Beach International Equestrian Club, Wellington, FL www.equestriansport.com featuring:
March 1- $75,000 Nations Cup Presented by G&C Farm
March 2 - $35,000 G & C Puissance & YRJR Nations Cup
March 3 - $150,000 FEI Grand Prix CSIO 4* Wellington Equestrian Realty
February 26 - The Ridge at Wellington, 3'6" Equitation Classes (Medal, Maclay, WIHS, USEF) 14415 Palm Beach Pt. Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414, Barn & Show Phone 561-791-1471
March 6 - 10 - WEF 9 - The Bainbridge Companies "AA" rated, CSI 4* Jumper W, Winter Equestrian Festival, Palm Beach International Equestrian Club, Wellington, FL www.equestriansport.com featuring:
March 9 - $300,000 Grand Prix CSI W Presented by The Bainbridge Companies
March 5 - The Ridge at Wellington, 3'6" Equitation Classes (Medal, Maclay, WIHS, USEF) 14415 Palm Beach Pt. Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414, Barn & Show Phone 561-791-1471
March 12 - The Ridge at Wellington, 3'6" Equitation Classes (Medal, Maclay, WIHS, USEF) 14415 Palm Beach Pt. Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414, Barn & Show Phone 561-791-1471
March 13 - 17 - WEF 10 - Horseware Ireland CSI 3* "AA" rated, Winter Equestrian Festival, Palm Beach International Equestrian Club, Wellington, FL www.equestriansport.com featuring:
March 16 - $80,000 Horseware Ireland Grand Prix
March 19 - The Ridge at Wellington, 3'6" Equitation Classes (Medal, Maclay, WIHS, USEF) 14415 Palm Beach Pt. Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414, Barn & Show Phone 561-791-1471
March 20 - 24 - WEF 11 - Artisan Farms "AA" rated, 5* Jumper ~ FEI CSI 5*, Winter Equestrian Festival, Palm Beach International Equestrian Club, Wellington, FL www.equestriansport.com featuring:
March 26 - The Ridge at Wellington, 3'6" Equitation Classes (Medal, Maclay, WIHS, USEF) 14415 Palm Beach Pt. Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414, Barn & Show Phone 561-791-1471
March 27 - 31 - WEF 12 - FTI Consulting "AA" rated, CSI 5* Jumper, Winter Equestrian Festival, Palm Beach International Equestrian Club, Wellington, FL www.equestriansport.com featuring:
March 30 - $500,000 FEI CSI 5* Presented by FTI CONSULTING, $32,000 G&C Farm 1.45m Classic
March 31 - $50,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby Finale
April 11 - 14 - WEF Wellington Dressage Nations Cup, The Stadium at PBIEC, 13401 South Shore Blvd. Wellington, FL. 33414 Tel: 561-793-5867 www.globaldressagefestival.com

(1) JV caught in Palm Beach, FL on 03/19/2013 and jailed there by Homeland Security Agents. He first called the 'pretend 15 year old boy' on 03/13/2013, telling him he was from Toronto, Canada;
(2) JV's probable connection to elite horse stables has been discussed here.
(3) JV was transferred to the Broward County FL Sheriff's Office Main Jail ,in Fort Lauderdale, FL and arrested on 03/22/2013, but booking sheet "Charges" item was left blank.
(4) 08/14/2013 online search at Broward County FL law enforcement and judicial websites for any record of JV's status showed "No Results Found for J------- V------- ".

I guess Money talks.....and prisoners walk.

Well, at least now we've got a pretty good clue as to why JV was in Wellington, FL in March, 2013....and possibly earlier.
dd2

In case JV is involved with horses in dressage competition, here is the Wellington Classic Dressage International Horse Sport Palm Beach schedule for 2013.
The Jim Brandon Equestrian Center AND The Horse Park At The Equestrian Estates
Wellington Classic Dressage and Gold Coast Dressage Association, call the Jim Brandon Equestrian Center home to their year-round Dressage Series, with over 19 weeks of National and 5 International Dressage events(CDI’s) including the prestigious World Dressage Masters CDI5* and New for 2013-North America’s first ever Dressage Forum Jan 28-29, 2013 presented by Wellington Classic & Dressage Clinic.com.

International Horse Sport Palm Beach will celebrate the 30-Year Anniversary of the Palm Beach Dressage Derby CDIW and add another CDI to their calendar with the Dressage at the Equestrian Estates CDI3* in their winter series at the IHS Champions Park in the Equestrian Estates. We invite you to join us in Palm Beach Florida for an unbeatable 8 CDI’s and 25 weeks of World Class Dressage!

Note competition dates in Feb, Mar, early Apr/2013.

:HHJP: I'm outta here!

dd2

In case JV is involved with horses in dressage competition, here is the Wellington Classic Dressage International Horse Sport Palm Beach schedule for 2013.
The Jim Brandon Equestrian Center AND The Horse Park At The Equestrian Estates
Wellington Classic Dressage and Gold Coast Dressage Association, call the Jim Brandon Equestrian Center home to their year-round Dressage Series, with over 19 weeks of National and 5 International Dressage events(CDI’s) including the prestigious World Dressage Masters CDI5* and New for 2013-North America’s first ever Dressage Forum Jan 28-29, 2013 presented by Wellington Classic & Dressage Clinic.com.

International Horse Sport Palm Beach will celebrate the 30-Year Anniversary of the Palm Beach Dressage Derby CDIW and add another CDI to their calendar with the Dressage at the Equestrian Estates CDI3* in their winter series at the IHS Champions Park in the Equestrian Estates. We invite you to join us in Palm Beach Florida for an unbeatable 8 CDI’s and 25 weeks of World Class Dressage!

Note competition dates in Feb, Mar, early Apr/2013.

:HHJP: I'm outta here!

dd2

GREAT SLEUTHING PEEPS! :applause:

All while I was in bed with a mystery book and then sleeping. :blushing:

You guys have triggered a thought here - I'm going to do some research about tranquiliser darts for horses and how long such a drug would take to be eliminated from Audrey's dear dogs.

Before I start my research.......wouldn't you think a horse tranquiliser would be overly strong for dogs? Nonetheless......good thinking. :applause:

BTW, I'm sooooo happy that we haven't given up on AG's murder. Her "dear friends" seem to have vanished into the woodwork! WHY? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3