CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<rsbm>

I've always been concerned about that too. IMO, someone who not only lived in Ancaster for approx. 30 years, but to our knowledge never did live in Brantford, would not make such a mistake. Even if someone else drafted and typed the LWT for her, she was known to be a stickler for detail. I just can't see her finding that acceptable.

It would seem to me that whoever made that particular mistake was someone who lived in Brantford.
Also SB, it could be argued that it was a municipality or region. Like, someone living in Paris, Ontario may say they are from Brantford, or someone living in Ancaster may say they're from Hamilton. Brantford is to Hamilton, like Hamilton is to Toronto. Totally different cities and municipalities. IMHO, this is a huge red flag.

Also, dd2, it's interesting that all of the 7's are crossed. Also, all of the initials seem to be inconsistent, yet all of the signatures have a very similar slant. MOO

All credit to Woodland for going to the records and paying for copies of "the will" and first posting "the will" for us. IMO, It is the most valuable item in our tool box.

I have upgraded my computer since then, now have screen shot capability. I stumbled upon a really clear version of the entire thing in about April/2013 online at:

http://www.google.com/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=3cdf9b00d425254b&q=Lynne%20Vanstone%2C%20Ontario%20Canada

Which strangely NOW comes up "no results found".....hmmmmmm

I had taken screen shots of each page. They are really clear and the pictures can be manipulated for close inspection. I have Word in MS 7 Professional.

I don't know how to post photos here <modsnip>

I noted on page 1 in the section, "This application is filed by" (name of law firm in Brantford is given). Is anyone familiar with this firm? Can we learn if that will was actually filed in the proper judicial clerk's office in 2007 OR, was it filed by that firm after Audrey's death? (I have considered the possibility of its being backdated).

When my attorney prepared my will I got the original, my attorney kept a copy, and he filed a copy in the County Clerk's office where it is now recorded.

Has anyone learned how LV came in possession of that will?

I find it inconceivable that a person of Audrey's intelligence and attention to details could ever accept this poor product as her final Last Will and Testament.

Hang onto this topic like a pit bull, MsSherlock!! :websleuther:
dd2

Okay you guys - clue me in. I have very limited time here right now. WHY are you sleuthing JV's parents and posting their addresses?

What is the rule about sleuthing innocent people and naming them in the threads?

Where has it been shown/announced that LE has a POI/Suspect?

What is going on here?

Salem

My mistake, Salem. I had understood if the info was linked to and published on the net that we could post it. Sorry. Thanks for deleting.
dd2

Glad to see renewed talk regarding AG's Will.

As a reminder, the lawyer that obtained a copy for me did not like the signatures or initials - among other things. One of those other things was no provision for AG's pets - apparently all folks getting on in years make a provision for their pets - the pets rely on them for their well being.

One witness was a retired teacher, the other appeared to be her paid caregiver. We have no idea if AG ever knew or kept in touch with the retired teacher. Why not PK as a witness if AG apparently spoke to him regarding what would happen after her passing? Why not a university grad as an executor and bff as the recipient of the money? If the Will was typed by AG, it could have been easily updated.

And Hrab stumbled across the Will in her handbag (where AG was said to keep important papers, except of course her missing bank statements) on her kitchen counter, bedroom dresser etc? Then called LV immediately who had no idea she was the sole beneficiary? Convenient.

Just to reiterate - imo, this is the worst excuse for a Will - ever. From a meticulous woman? From a woman who could break down a computer virus? A woman who had potential to go deep into a science field? A teacher? Would a teacher accept this written composition from one of her students?

Also SB, it could be argued that it was a municipality or region. Like, someone living in Paris, Ontario may say they are from Brantford, or someone living in Ancaster may say they're from Hamilton. Brantford is to Hamilton, like Hamilton is to Toronto. Totally different cities and municipalities. IMHO, this is a huge red flag.

So very very true! Freudian slip perhaps?

Glad to see renewed talk regarding AG's Will.

As a reminder, the lawyer that obtained a copy for me did not like the signatures or initials - among other things. One of those other things was no provision for AG's pets - apparently all folks getting on in years make a provision for their pets - the pets rely on them for their well being.

One witness was a retired teacher, the other appeared to be her paid caregiver. We have no idea if AG ever knew or kept in touch with the retired teacher. Why not PK as a witness if AG apparently spoke to him regarding what would happen after her passing? Why not a university grad as an executor and bff as the recipient of the money? If the Will was typed by AG, it could have been easily updated.

And Hrab stumbled across the Will in her handbag (where AG was said to keep important papers, except of course her missing bank statements) on her kitchen counter, bedroom dresser etc? Then called LV immediately who had no idea she was the sole beneficiary? Convenient.

Just to reiterate - imo, this is the worst excuse for a Will - ever. From a meticulous woman? From a woman who could break down a computer virus? A woman who had potential to go deep into a science field? A teacher? Would a teacher accept this written composition from one of her students?

LV not aware she was sole beneficiary is stunningly odd. Oh what a surprise? Me?
The will doesn't appear like it came from Audrey's heart & soul.
Great posts folks!

So very very true! Freudian slip perhaps?
I took the time to pull my own will, which I had drawn up by my lawyer several years ago for $100.00 Surprisingly, even though I have children who are named in my will, it is only 2 pages long and only contains 2 separate clauses. The first line say's "This is the last will and testament of Ms Sherlock of the City of Sleuth in the Province of Ontario" as compared to AG's that states: "This is the last Will of me, Audrey Gleave, of Brantford, Ontario."

The 1st clause in mine says "I hereby revoke all Wills and Testamentary dispositions of every nature or kind whatsover by me heretofore made." AG's say's "1.1 I revoke all previous Wills and Codicils made by me.". Mine then cuts to the chase in Paragraph 2, naming my Trustee/Executor who I give my entire estate to, to handle and then after all the expenses etc are paid, it's distributed to my children.

The last sentence in my Will says "In Testimony whereof I have to this my last Will and Testament, written upon this and the one preceding page of paper subscribed my name this xx day of xx, xxxx. "
The signature section of mine say's "SIGNED, PUBLISHED AND DECLARED by the Testatrix, Ms Sherlock, in the presence of us, both present at the same time, who at her request, in her presence and in the presence of each other, have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses". It is witnessed by my lawyer and his secretary. In comparing my Will and AG's, IMO, AG's was not a professionally done Will, rather a do it yourself type that contains numerous unnecessary clauses (such as the child under 18) and even an error in her place of residence. Wills are not expensive, and IMHO, AG, being extremely private, would have used a solicitor who maintained confidentiality and used his secretary as the second witness before anyone else. IMHO, AG would have spent the $100.00. MOO

http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oId=375653

I think, MF and RV one may name a pair, otherwise RV would not appear in the obituary above.
I have also read, they both MF and RV own a dog together, "Wizard":

http://www.canadianrallyo.ca/page/results_detail?id=239
From Germany-you've just caused a lightbulb moment! IMO, the witnesses in the Will do appear to be a couple.

Hrab did not reveal additional pieces of the picture, details only the killer would know, what investigators call “hold-back evidence.”

He spoke of a vicious stabbing but did not talk about other weapons — at least one other had been used — or the nature of the “sexual component” (it had included a perverse act that went beyond a conventional assault; the killer had taken something from the victim as though making off with a souvenir.)

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2215939-who-is-audrey-gleave/

"as though making off with a souvenir"? IMO, this has a jilted lover connotation to it.

A "do it yourself" Will, with one person as the executrix and beneficiary and a "couple" of random friends as Witnesses? IMO, on the surface this doesn't make sense from AG but I now have a hypothesis. AG was protecting her privacy. AG was leaving her estate to someone who was more than a friend and did not want to divulge anything about her life to her lawyer, PK or anyone. IMO that's why her Will was done the way it was with the witnesses it has. People who understood. IMO, as AG aged, in 2007, she decided she should change her will to better reflect her commitments.

IMO, it would be very difficult(if not impossible) to clear out a persons house in one day when you had only been in it once and there are many other things that can be explained if my hypothesis was correct, but at the end of the day, AG's estate may have been settled exactly how she had intended it to be in 2007. MOO

Quoted from MsSherlock:

<<< IMO, it would be very difficult(if not impossible) to clear out a persons house in one day when you had only been in it once and there are many other things that can be explained if my hypothesis was correct, but at the end of the day, AG's estate may have been settled exactly how she had intended it to be in 2007. MOO >>>

The house being emptied out so fast and so soon has always bothered me. Please bear with my little story: a few years ago my husband and I bought a new house and sold our first (and only) house. We'd lived there for 33 years!

Cleaning out the old place was a huge chore! We donated many things to Habitat For Humanity; we called the 'junk man' to pick up stuff we'll never use and had no idea why we bought it in the first place :blushing: ; we gave some items to neighbours who wanted them; we kept our most precious items and moved them to the new house.

That process took many days of hard work, sore backs, headaches and big decisions. And there were the two of us to make decisions and make the plans! And there were the 'small things' to get done:
- cancel the telephone
- cancel the newspapers
- have our mail forwarded to the new address (shouldn't someone have seen to it that Audrey's mail got picked up and read?)
- cancel the internet/computer
- cancel the TV
- on and on and on...........

I have no idea how anyone could clear out a house with 30 years' worth of stuff in such a short bit of time. For me, it seems humanly impossible. If any of you have moved lately you'll know that we (human beings) tend to collect a lot of stuff simply because it's human nature to do so.

Does anyone else question the Audrey-house-cleaning-out-situation the way I do?

When I recall back to cleaning out our first house, I remember seeing and cherishing the things belonging to our birds who had passed away. The vet gives pet owners a scroll with a poem about kindness of letting a dear pet be put to sleep. Wouldn't Audrey have had vet notes about her dear dogs over the years? And wouldn't a 'dear friend' want to keep those things for Audrey?

OK, story is almost over. :blushing: We're now settled in a cute small town and we're both retiring at the end of this year. So.......I'll have more time to work on this case!! :rockon: Oh dear..........

Again quoted from MsSherlock:

<<< "as though making off with a souvenir"? IMO, this has a jilted lover connotation to it. >>>

OR, a person whose advances/admiration/crush were never returned????????????????????

:twocents:

Again quoted from MsSherlock:

<<< "as though making off with a souvenir"? IMO, this has a jilted lover connotation to it. >>>

OR, a person whose advances/admiration/crush were never returned????????????????????

Yes No Stone, BUT, give this a whirl. There's a big difference between the way people born in the 40's view same sex relationships and the way the late baby boomers deal with it. The former was use to a life of secrecy while the latter were instrumental in making change. IMO, when LE mention anything of a sexual nature, we think male perpetrator. JMHO, AG was a master at privacy. She never remarried, LV never married and the witnesses to the Will appear to be partners. AG was very much a part of another family. IMHO, "sexual nature" automatically gives us the idea that there would be DNA in fluids, where in actuality, there may be no fluids because we have the wrong gender. Just a thought and just MHO.

Singing malamute - YouTube

Just now I have found this. Perhaps this song (in some other version) was played in the night of AG's possible death, her dogs "sang" and therefore the neighbour dogs barked??
Just a thought, sorry.

Yes No Stone, BUT, give this a whirl. There's a big difference between the way people born in the 40's view same sex relationships and the way the late baby boomers deal with it. The former was use to a life of secrecy while the latter were instrumental in making change. IMO, when LE mention anything of a sexual nature, we think male perpetrator. JMHO, AG was a master at privacy. She never remarried, LV never married and the witnesses to the Will appear to be partners. AG was very much a part of another family. IMHO, "sexual nature" automatically gives us the idea that there would be DNA in fluids, where in actuality, there may be no fluids because we have the wrong gender. Just a thought and just MHO.

Yes, I understand. In fact, I think we discussed sexual orientation here way back at the beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member