CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago we (WSers) found a conversation between an adopted woman and a user "Aud" (like PK named AG) in an adoptions forum. I remember, that someone stated, "Aud" couldn't be Audrey. Have forgotten, why not.
Tomorrow I will have time to look for some things. Today (now 17:17h in GER) I'm in a hurry because of a date with friends.

Yes, but according to the wording you posted above, you said 'underage heir'.. so that could be a grandchild? Even potentially a great grandchild?
Yes, could be. But if the adopted son/daughter was alive in 2007, why the clause re grandchildren? And why not name them at least as "biological grandchildren"?

Yes, but according to the wording you posted above, you said 'underage heir'.. so that could be a grandchild? Even potentially a great grandchild?
Would one ignore one's own biological child, if it were still alive, leave money to unknown grandchildren?

Yes, could be. But if the adopted son/daughter was alive in 2007, why the clause re grandchildren? And why not name them at least as "biological grandchildren"?

I proposed a potential theory just upthread this morning, just as a possibility:

Just a thought here, but... what if she'd had a child at 16 who was subsequently adopted, and at some point, say 20 or even 40 years later, it came to her attention that her child had died, but she knew little else about the child's life. She wouldn't know whether her child had gone on to have children of her own, and if so, whether those persons may eventually discover their biological history and subsequently try to make a claim on AG's estate? Even so, to specify 'underage' seems odd?

AG may have been aware that she'd had offspring, but nothing after that, other than possibly hearing somehow that her 'child' may have died (or not).. and so in the event she told her lawyer drafting her Will about this, he may have added that wording, just in case.

I wonder how it would work though, if LV had already disposed of AG's assets by the time any such 'heir' may have come out of the woodwork. I'm presuming that type of thing is why I think often it is posted in a major newspaper(s) that the death has occurred, and anyone having any claims should submit them to x address before x date? I wonder if that is why LV was in such a holy rush to get that house sold and etc. ??

Because what if it could have been her 'child', OR her child's children, or even her child's child's child? Heir takes care of all of that. It's not like AG would have even known any info perhaps, on this 'supposed child', if it is a possibility. Back at the time when this would have happened, records were kept sealed up. If AG in her lifetime had not taken steps to search for such a 'child', and vice versa, all AG would know is that she did give birth, have her child adopted, and that is it - but that doesn't preclude someone from coming out of the woodwork suddenly upon her death. jmo.

The 'underage' part seems really odd to me though. Maybe in the event of a proper and legal adoption, it is not possible for an adoptee to go after the estate of the bio mother after she dies? (any lawyers here?) But perhaps out of the goodness of her heart, she felt she'd be willing to give at least something to her child's offspring, in the event they were minors? I'm just throwing things out here, don't know that she ever had a child, so this could all be for naught... maybe that clause is just a standard clause put into a lot of wills, no matter what?

Now that we are talking about this possibility... something has occurred to me.

It has been said that AG had wanted children at one point in her lifetime (I believe during her marriage to 'fartface'?)...

I wonder why she had no children, then?? Perhaps she was unable to conceive??

And we know that AG had a terrible relationship with her mother, to the point of, I believe, telling people she was dead, etc. ???

Is it possible that at age 16, AG found herself pregnant, and even though she married the boy, her mother insisted that she give the baby up for adoption, and AG simply never forgave her for that.. and possibly even moreso if AG had found later, that she was for whatever reason, unable to conceive again.

I was having trouble understanding what could possibly make a woman despise her mother *that* much, to last an entire lifetime.... but that could answer that question!

Again, just throwing thoughts around!

Years ago we (WSers) found a conversation between an adopted woman and a user "Aud" (like PK named AG) in an adoptions forum. I remember, that someone stated, "Aud" couldn't be Audrey. Have forgotten, why not.
Tomorrow I will have time to look for some things. Today (now 17:17h in GER) I'm in a hurry because of a date with friends.
Found a notice, which said, the username was "Aud only".

Thanks for finding these links FromGermany!
I endured a slight dust poisoning, when I searched for these old printouts, which I thought, were not in one of my shelves anymore. :p

Found the LW of AG. I don't know how to post it as one link, sorry.
Many thanks once more to the original poster! :)

View attachment 173824 View attachment 173825 View attachment 173826 View attachment 173827 View attachment 173828 View attachment 173829
Interesting.. thank you for posting FG!
When I look at these, I get the impression that AG found the wording for this somewhere, and just used it, even though much of it didn't even apply to her. Also, it appears the 2 witnesses were two females who resided at the same address - I'm getting that they were friends, or mother/daughter, but not feeling that one was a lawyer. I therefore wonder if she did this as just a very cheap way to get her Will done without even legal assistance.
Thoughts anyone?

Note: I can't find any info whatsoever on the witnesses or the address, odd.........

Interesting.. thank you for posting FG!
When I look at these, I get the impression that AG found the wording for this somewhere, and just used it, even though much of it didn't even apply to her. Also, it appears the 2 witnesses were two females who resided at the same address - I'm getting that they were friends, or mother/daughter, but not feeling that one was a lawyer. I therefore wonder if she did this as just a very cheap way to get her Will done without even legal assistance.
Thoughts anyone?

Note: I can't find any info whatsoever on the witnesses or the address, odd.........
My memory has faded, I try to remember ...
ETA: deleted, because just now known to me

Last edited by a moderator:
When I look at these, I get the impression that AG found the wording for this somewhere, and just used it, even though much of it didn't even apply to her.
I think, AG was an intelligent woman, who wouldn't have used a form, which didn't fit with her LW. At least the paragraphs of the document, which didn't fit, would have been crossed out. IMO
LV also would have complained about the paragraphs, if after all, it obliged her to keep a certain sum for the "minors".
We need legal assistance, I think. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I get a chunk of time, I'll type out some of the text in the Will (unless someone can convert the jpg image into text?), and then plunk in some of the wording into 'google', to see if it comes up with anything.. to me it looks like canned copy that was obtained from somewhere. It doesn't seem typical to me, and especially for a 71 year old woman who had no children, and especially minor children.
There is also an error in the relative's name of LV.
It is also not signed by a lawyer or anything official..
It seems to me like there is a lot not really standard with that Will, and kind of surprising to me.
jmo.

When I get a chunk of time, I'll type out some of the text in the Will (unless someone can convert the jpg image into text?), and then plunk in some of the wording into 'google', to see if it comes up with anything.. to me it looks like canned copy that was obtained from somewhere. It doesn't seem typical to me, and especially for a 71 year old woman who had no children, and especially minor children.
There is also an error in the relative's name of LV.
It is also not signed by a lawyer or anything official..
It seems to me like there is a lot not really standard with that Will, and kind of surprising to me.
jmo.

I have still to learn. Maybe, you are much more faster .... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3