CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i googled the GM dealership on Lynden Road. They sell new Cadillacs and used Camaros. Was her car brand new when AG got it. Do we even know?
I can tell you who would know everything about her vehicle: Service Ontario, her insurance company and the police. I do hope the police assigned to Audrey's murder look up the vehicle abstract for her Camaro, in light of this theft ring.

Let me say it again. This theft ring could be responsible for Audrey's murder. I have no idea how long this group has been operating, but the police do. Which dealership sold the Camaro to Audrey? Where did they register it? Who was the agent who processed the registration, and are they linked to a group of car thieves?

How do we wake up a dormant murder investigation?
Good question. Years ago, I contacted a Detective who had a TV show about Ontario murder cases, cold cases. But he never responded to my request.
I had never thought of these recent carjackings as being related to AG. But now, I can see it being possible. And the people involved are ruthless.

Good question. Years ago, I contacted a Detective who had a TV show about Ontario murder cases, cold cases. But he never responded to my request.
I had never thought of these recent carjackings as being related to AG. But now, I can see it being possible. And the people involved are ruthless.
Carjacking is violent. This is a whole other level, one step away from murder.

In a few cases, it did end in near murder. Extremely violent people.
Juveniles have been involved in the recent spate of highly-public carjackings. Experienced thieves know when to cut their losses in terms of potential jail time for a higher level of crime. Inexperienced juveniles, on the other hand, might be willing to take more risks due to the potential for fewer consequences as minors: young and more dangerous, IMO.

Another thought. Was the illegal street racing we’re seeing today prevalent in AG’s time?

Quoting the FBI guy in AG’s case - « look young and look close ». Referring to the post above about juveniles.
Was street racing on Audrey's road the reason for the damaged mailboxes? Or was that just something the young and bored did for entertainment? Maybe antagonizing people is fun to juveniles with nothing else to occupy their time.

And isn’t this odd in and of itself?

No, it is not odd that the general public doesn't know where the vehicle was purchased. Dealerships often put their sticker on the vehicle, so that would make the info public. If there are photos of the vehicle, you could scan them for such a sticker. Without the sticker, this information would be personal and private.

Nowadays, Ancaster is a gathering place for street racing enthusiasts.

Popular locations for street racing in Hamilton are provided by people unhappy with the situation.

Another question - there once was a time when a person could make a note of a licence plate and learn the identity of the owner. Was that possible to do in the year AG was murdered?

You could request the record from the Ministry of Transportation. I believe this has been in place for several years, including the year that AG was murdered. The report does not give personal address information.

Report containing the most recent owner of a plate as of specific date. This information is retrieved using the plate number.
Contains owners name, vehicle description, plate, validation sticker number, permit number including date of issue and status information. It does not contain any Personal Address Information.

No, it is not odd that the general public doesn't know where the vehicle was purchased. Dealerships often put their sticker on the vehicle, so that would make the info public. If there are photos of the vehicle, you could scan them for such a sticker. Without the sticker, this information would be personal and private.
It is odd that in this situation we don't know where Audrey bought her car. We know minutiae such as a vintage cake recipe from a vintage 1970s cookbook, and the domed-lid cake keeper it was stored in. We know so many things, but not the provenance of the vehicle, which could be an important piece of the puzzle in this murder. So none of Audrey's friends who brought soup and fruit bread -- sorry, cake in a domed-lid Tupperware cake keeper, would you like the recipe? -- know where she bought that Camaro. They can fill you in on the "purchase" of a replacement mailbox, though. Not even a reporter who followed Audrey's story for years thought to mention it. Now that's strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member