CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is odd that in this situation we don't know where Audrey bought her car. We know minutiae such as a vintage cake recipe from a vintage 1970s cookbook, and the domed-lid cake keeper it was stored in. We know so many things, but not the provenance of the vehicle, which could be an important piece of the puzzle in this murder. So none of Audrey's friends who brought soup and fruit bread -- sorry, cake in a domed-lid Tupperware cake keeper, would you like the recipe? -- know where she bought that Camaro. They can fill you in on the "purchase" of a replacement mailbox, though. Not even a reporter who followed Audrey's story for years thought to mention it. Now that's strange.
All I can think is that the provenance of the vehicle is so key to Audrey's murder that all parties were told by police not to mention it, or face legal action. Thoughts?

I also agree that NO ONE noted where the car was purchased is odd. And ALL dealerships put their name on the car - usually on the licence plate holder. So, now I’m wondering if Audrey DID buy it from a dealership OR privately like on Kijiji. In my opinion, Kijiji would be dangerous for a single woman to deal with.
Food for thought.

All I can think is that the provenance of the vehicle is so key to Audrey's murder that all parties were told by police not to mention it, or face legal action. Thoughts?
That’s possible but how would the dealership suffer if we all know its name? Unless they feared revenge of some sort.

This car theft ring altered VIN numbers, then registered vehicles with false VINs. I assume people on the inside at the registry office enabled that. A person buying a car second-hand in a private purchase would have no way of knowing that a legally-registered car with a clean history had actually been stolen. Well, it was all illegal.

I also agree that NO ONE noted where the car was purchased is odd. And ALL dealerships put their name on the car - usually on the licence plate holder. So, now I’m wondering if Audrey DID buy it from a dealership OR privately like on Kijiji. In my opinion, Kijiji would be dangerous for a single woman to deal with.
Food for thought.
The only time I've had dealer stickers removed was when my vehicles were repainted. All the observant and intelligent friends of Audrey, who can probably recite page numbers of recipes in from vintage cookbooks, could not have missed this detail.

I've always peeled the dealer stickers off of the cars I've bought. I don't advertiser for the dealership. So has one of my brothers. No one that I know of, friend or family, has ever asked me where I purchased my vehicles, ever. Is this something that other people do? Ask a personal question about a private purchase and retain that information? Odd.

The only time I've had dealer stickers removed was when my vehicles were repainted. All the observant and intelligent friends of Audrey, who can probably recite page numbers of recipes in from vintage cookbooks, could not have missed this detail.
PK had/has to know, IMO. He has even a brother in that industry.

i googled the GM dealership on Lynden Road. They sell new Cadillacs and used Camaros. Was her car brand new when AG got it. Do we even know?
From Google:
What years did they not make a Camaro?
Four distinct generations of the Camaro were developed before production ended in 2002. The nameplate was revived on a concept car that evolved into the fifth-generation Camaro; production started on March 16, 2009.

Fifth Generation (2010–2015)

Perhaps AG's car was brandnew or a demo car.

I feel like PK knows where she bought that car. He has to know. Maybe we all knew at one time but it escapes me now.

How does one peel off the dealership name? All of mine are on the licence plate holder.

From Google:
What years did they not make a Camaro?
Four distinct generations of the Camaro were developed before production ended in 2002. The nameplate was revived on a concept car that evolved into the fifth-generation Camaro; production started on March 16, 2009.

Fifth Generation (2010–2015)

Perhaps AG's car was brandnew or a demo car.
Even brand new or a demo, it would still say the dealership. Their goal is to sell more cars.

''Owners of the Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang, and Dodge Challenger like to brag about the numbers. How much power they've got. How fast they can run to 60 MPH. Dealers even like to boast about how many they sell in a given year. There is one stat that no one likes to mention though: how many of their respective vehicles are stolen.

The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) released a top ten list for thefts of sporty cars from the 2010 to 2012 model years and found that the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger are the most stolen. According to NICB data, these three models accounted for 87 percent of the sporty vehicles stolen on the list.''

rbbm.

1659182052799.png
1659182251093.png
1659182484963.png
''But more recently, Det. Angela Abrams told The Hamilton Spectator at the time that Gleave was targeted — and Abrams said there is no hard evidence that Gleave was sexually assaulted.''

Last edited:
Were the car keys ever found after the murder. Was the car unlocked or locked via the key fob? Where was AG’s purse after the murder? Was her body beside or behind the car when found?

Perhaps the notion of sexual assault came from a struggle with the killer. The killer could have easily ripped AG’s top and pants if she was fighting him off. Did LE look under her fingernails for DNA?

I've always peeled the dealer stickers off of the cars I've bought. I don't advertiser for the dealership. So has one of my brothers. No one that I know of, friend or family, has ever asked me where I purchased my vehicles, ever. Is this something that other people do? Ask a personal question about a private purchase and retain that information? Odd.
I'm saying that people notice the stickers or licence plate holders. That's why dealers use them. So it seems odd that none of Audrey's intelligent friends noticed a dealer name. So it either there wasn't one, or they have been told not to say anything
I feel like PK knows where she bought that car. He has to know. Maybe we all knew at one time but it escapes me now.

How does one peel off the dealership name? All of mine are on the licence plate holder.
Unfortunately, some dealerships put a decal on the back of the trunk, so peeling it off means running the risk of peeling the paint. This is why my vehicles have kept their stickers until they meet up with a hail storm and need repainting. Maybe the dealerships in my area are...decades behind the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3