CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just don't know what that sexual component was. It must be part of the holdback. We also don't know if Audrey took a knife into the garage after her dogs alerted her to an intruder, or if her attacker brought something with him (to threaten Audrey/intending to kill her) or if he or she grabbed something in the struggle that was a weapon of convenience.

OK, let’s take a different turn ( pun intended ). What if AG had a child during the time out she had in her teens. Could that child have been in touch and finally wanted to meet. Things didn’t work out, and………. things went very bad.

Do we know if Shelley L had a nice car? Sonia’s case involved her car. Thinking out loud here.
Found a post of yours #347 which includes a very interesting link, the profiling part caught my attention.

DOTR, I now recall posting that article. Thanks for locating it. We can summarize by noting:
- young and close
- sexual "activity" below the waist
- extremely violent attack/overkill
- nothing to do with the car (it seems)

I have been obsessed with this case from the very beginning. Please, let's never give up.

Thanks again for my old link. :)

I looked up Lee Mellor. Here we go:

How can we contact him for assistance?
Assuming there is contact information for Dr. Mellor somewhere within your link? I'm not sure what kind of assistance he might be able to offer?

Have all the garage door remotes been accounted for?

What would motivate someone to do this?

Found a post of yours #347 which includes a very interesting link, the profiling part caught my attention.

From your source:
"The victim was beaten and subject to an unnecessary number of stab wounds"

I think, it rather doesn't look like the murder by a car thief ....... I have doubts.

What other reason could there be?
Quoting from 1173:
So since that latest LE person said AG "was targeted" we can be pretty certain it was for the car. No?
Apologies I have the order of Qs in reverse :)

It might be worth recalling (but only as one angle among several possibilities) that, at least per the ex-BIL, Audrey had feared she would one day be assaulted in her home (specifically, as cited in Who killed Audrey Gleave? 'Horrendous’ Ancaster murder still unsolved that she would be "raped and murdered" there). So: we know *what* Audrey feared. But from whom? What was it that made her state something so ominous as this, assuming (as I do, at least) the ex-BIL's statement is true? I can't see her saying something this startling as a generalized fear of patriarchal violence (although that's possible); as a woman of science who broke a number of gender barriers/tropes, I see her rather as someone who would make a claim like that with her own specific sets of support/logic/reasoning in place. I wish the ex-BIL could provide more context for the discussion they had. Of course, it's possible that her prescient claim is no more than coincident....

Anyway -- I don't mean to detour us from the important line of query re: recent news about the auto theft ring in the region. Some of us had wondered when Dellen Millard and Mark Smich were arrested in the Tim Bosma case if there could be a connection to Audrey's murder. (And with those perps it seems auto theft and the 'thrill kill' were concomitant rather than oppositional motives.) So a(nother) theft ring is certainly also worth considering -- but I just wanted to answer the excellent Q above from NSU/Gina20.

It's really, really great to see the flurry of activity here on Audrey's thread!

Last edited:
I'm just grasping at straws when I suggested someone contact Dr. Mellor. Is anyone really trying to solve this case - except us?

I'm also thinking of why AG would say that to her brother-in-law. Had she been threatened at some time by someone? I highly doubt AG just said it out of the blue.

Why aren't PK and LV beating down the doors of LE to work on this case? So frustrating.

AG’s murder seems to be one of pure hatred because of the extreme violence. Would someone want/be so upset about the car go to these extremes? I suppose it’s possible. However now, after being reminded of my post from Dr. Mellor, I feel there’s more to this crime. AG’s murder just screams out I HATE YOU, in my opinion. The violence done to her lower body screams out I HATE THIS PART OF YOUR BODY. It seems the goal was to destroy this part of her body.

But why and who is the question. Thoughts?

My post just above might indicate your average garden variety of serial killer who hates women. Sonia’s was a brutal case. Shelley was also brutally beaten and the perp might have gone further with Shelley if he hadn’t been interrupted by something. Thoughts?

FWIW SV and AG both owning white cars is a coincidence. It's been stated that LE do not believe all three victims were targeted/murdered by the same person.

IMO Audrey angered someone. Speculation, maybe Audrey cut someone off in a parking lot over the holidays and they went after her for revenge?

How many people knew that PK was coming over that day? Did his visit put a wrench in things with the killer hoping no one would discover Audrey? Or was this the perfect cover?

FWIW SV and AG both owning white cars is a coincidence. It's been stated that LE do not believe all three victims were targeted/murdered by the same person.

IMO Audrey angered someone. Speculation, maybe Audrey cut someone off in a parking lot over the holidays and they went after her for revenge?

How many people knew that PK was coming over that day? Did his visit put a wrench in things with the killer hoping no one would discover Audrey? Or was this the perfect cover?
Can you find a link that says LE don’t feel the three cases are related, please? My memory is getting worse with age. I don’t recall LE saying that. A link would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

True, white cars are common. But does anyone know the color of SL's vehicle at that time?

Police change their minds about things as more information becomes available. Since none of these cases have been solved and so much information is missing, I'm keeping in mind that they could be connected in some way, until proof says otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3