Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have no doubt that LE looked at those things from the start, and also understand that many people doubt the murder-suicide theory. I just think it's not uncommon for great resentment to set in between 2 people in a long term marriage and that it's not implausible that a spouse could blow their cool and do something they immediately regret.

I think that that comes earlier in the marriage, by the time that they get to this age I believe that they have learnt to tolerate each other or know how to avoid each other. My parents did not have a happy marriage for most of their marriage, but by the time they were around about this age, they were both mellowed, and I think their old age was the happiest part of their marriage.

I hadn't meant to convey that Honey was leaving her husband. I do not think that was likely at all. They seemed like one of those "opposites attract" and stay attracted type of couples, but jmo. jmo

Much earlier, in the thread, some had posted about the hair dyes, personal trainer, going to Florida etc and thats what I was referring to, sorry.
Maybe I should have clarified that. I agree with you 100%

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ttend-funeral-of-barry-and-honey-sherman.html
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will be one of thousands of mourners expected to attend Barry and Honey Sherman’s memorial service Thursday at the International Centre in Mississauga.

The funeral will start at 11 a.m. at the International Centre, which typically hosts large trade shows, conferences and concerts including Radiohead in 1997 and Debbie Harry in 2005.

About 7,000 to 10,000 people are expected to attend the memorial, said Amita Singer, an event manager at the centre. Mayor John Tory and Ontario Health Minister Eric Hoskins and his wife Samantha Nutt are scheduled to attend.

The funeral will be held at Hall 5, which typically holds about 7,000 people, but more space will be available if needed, Singer said.
“We will be able to accommodate anyone extra if needed,” she said. “We will have parking and police attendance on site to help people coming on and off the property.”

Maybe like this?
9999ea96db66bed52b595afe67b4fbd6.jpg

This is kinda how I imagined it.

There is no such consensus

Sorry, wrong term. Reading this from the beginning it looks like a majority who have an opinion rejects the murder/suicide theory. It was LE's first reaction, but they quickly made it a homicide investigation.

With people like the Shermans, it often seems like the husband is committed to the causes but would prefer to ditch the galas etc. If the wife doesn’t work outside the home, it becomes a huge part of her life.

Agree. And I don't find it odd at all if he hated the pomp and circumstance of charity events and preferred to just write a check and stay home.

Thanks dotr! When I read the report describing the pulled jacket, I could think of several movies where I saw someone pull a guys jacket down to disable his arms, but I couldn't find anything online! That bit of info pretty well convinces me this was murder.

Much earlier, in the thread, some had posted about the hair dyes, personal trainer, going to Florida etc and thats what I was referring to, sorry.
Maybe I should have clarified that. I agree with you 100%

I would not have thought those things would mean she was looking for something outside the marriage. Most women go blonde long before that age because the grey roots don't show. And with her money, why not a personal trainer to improve self-esteem?

I think that that comes earlier in the marriage, by the time that they get to this age I believe that they have learnt to tolerate each other or know how to avoid each other. My parents did not have a happy marriage for most of their marriage, but by the time they were around about this age, they were both mellowed, and I think their old age was the happiest part of their marriage.

I've seen the exact opposite in marriages -- I've seen deep resentment in long term marriages when one spouse feels they would lose their social world or other important things if they divorced and the person stays in the marriage with simmering anger. The reason I posted about it is because I've seen it. I'm certainly not saying it happens to every couple. But it happens.

Sorry, wrong term. Reading this from the beginning it looks like a majority who have an opinion rejects the murder/suicide theory. It was LE's first reaction, but they quickly made it a homicide investigation.

A homicide investigation investigates homicides, if it was a murder/suicide, the homicide part of that needs to be investigated.

I've seen the exact opposite in marriages -- I've seen deep resentment in long term marriages when one spouse feels they would lose their social world or other important things if they divorced and the person stays in the marriage with simmering anger. The reason I posted about it is because I've seen it. I'm certainly not saying it happens to every couple. But it happens.

Yes, I am sure every circumstance happens.

Maybe like this?
9999ea96db66bed52b595afe67b4fbd6.jpg

IMO it would take 5 seconds to free an arm that way. If that's how they were found, it seems more likely a murder suicide to me. If the jackets were partially zipped or closed in the front, it would take a lot more time to get free and would fit the double murder theory better. All JMO.

I would not have thought those things would mean she was looking for something outside the marriage. Most women go blonde long before that age because the grey roots don't show. And with her money, why not a personal trainer to improve self-esteem?

Yep. I am in that age group and my friends who were brunettes, and who do dye their hair are all blonde. Short grey hair to me, is more flattering than blonde hair on a seventy year old.

IMO it would take 5 seconds to free an arm that way. If that's how they were found, it seems more likely a murder suicide to me. If the jackets were partially zipped or closed in the front, it would take a lot more time to get free and would fit the double murder theory better. All JMO.

We have no idea if they were zipped or not. I don't think the "source" said so, unless I missed it? Can't keep up with every single post.

Just my opinion, but it is easier to sue an estate than it is to sue a person with endless pockets of money connected to the federal government.
To me, it reeks of a contracted hit. Both Honey and Barry were involved in many outside events that would have required wearing professional attire(Suit Jackets). Makes me think it happened in the evening ,or the morning. Having the suit jackets rolled down in that manner means that someone could have bound thier arms without leaving ligature marks there.Definatly someone familure with the layout of the home because of the use of the belts from inside the home. Some people have said that there are many break ins in the area,and are surprised. Toronto police don't have the resuorses to follow up on thefts,and wealthier people are well insured. Not worth the hassel.

It is being investigated as a suspicious death.
If it is a murder -suicide, it still would be investigated by homicide. A majority on this forum are not rejecting murder- suicide, but sitting on the fence. There certainly is not enough facts made available by LE to determine one way or another. Personally, I think it was murder-suicide but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801