DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Pharma giant and philanthropists Barry and Honey Sherman found dead
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Verified Insider

Kerry Winter

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...apotex-founder-barry-sherman/article37348222/
attachment.php

Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario's Minister of Health and Long Term Care, tweeted: "I am beyond words right now. My dear friends Barry and Honey Sherman have been found dead. Wonderful human beings, incredible philanthropists, great leaders in health care. A very, very sad day. Barry, Honey, rest in peace."

Mr. Feldman said family members had told him that Mr. Sherman had not been at work on Thursday, and that no one had heard from his wife that day, either.
"We don't know what happened. A family member got information and called me. … We don't want to interfere with a police investigation, but on the other hand the kinfolk want to know about their kinfolk."
An Apotex spokesperson said they had just learned the news and would not be commenting immediately.

Attachments

• ZYOTSD53LJGDPHTLBTNWUCSRWA.JPG
    ZYOTSD53LJGDPHTLBTNWUCSRWA.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 6
http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...sherman-hated-his-wife-and-wanted-her-whacked
[h=1]WARMINGTON: Cousin cruelly claims Barry Sherman 'hated his wife' and wanted her 'whacked'[/h]
Family and friends close to slain Honey and Barry Sherman call a British tabloid’s suggestion the billionaire murdered his wife before killing himself “outrageous, false and disgusting.”

They were responding to an exclusive story in the Daily Mail that quotes a relative — who once tried to sue Barry Sherman for $1-billion — saying the Apotex founder had previously wanted his wife dead.
“Every word in the story is a depraved and cruel lie,” she said. “It’s despicable.”

Others close to the Shermans said the “bizarre, cheap and fictional” claims come out of a desire for “revenge” and “profit.”

“Barry loved Honey more than anything and any suggestion he didn’t, or would harm her, is pathetic,” one close friend said.

ADMIN NOTE:

Barry and Honey Sherman and their family are victims.

We are always very fortunate to have an insider join us and become a Verified Insider. We have a bit of a unique situation here with our VI also being related to Barry and Honey Sherman, and being very candid about their family history and feelings toward both the Shermans.

Regardless of Kerry's feelings, he is still related to the victims, and as with any and all VIs and family members, please be respectful in all your questions to them and comments about them.

At all times, please keep in mind our usual policy as it relates to how you communicate with our VI, and in your comments about the Shermans.

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Nov 14 2018

A timeline of key events in the case of Barry and Honey Sherman's deaths
January 26, 2018
"Dec. 13, 2017: The last time the Shermans were seen alive.

Dec. 15, 2017: The Shermans' bodies are discovered at their Toronto mansion. Their deaths are ruled "suspicious."

Dec. 16, 2017: Autopsies are performed on the Shermans.

Dec. 17, 2017: Police say autopsies have revealed the couple died from "ligature neck compression." Homicide detectives take over the investigation.

Dec. 21, 2017: A memorial service for the Shermans is held in Mississauga, Ont.

Dec. 28, 2017: A lawyer for the Sherman family says a team of private investigators has been hired to probe the deaths.

Jan. 26, 2018: Toronto police say the Shermans were targeted and their deaths are ruled a double-homicide.

(SOURCE: Toronto police, The Canadian Press)

@andreww In response to your post here:
Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #9
"Again, you say police were "mouthing off theories to the media" but you don't show any examples of the media reporting anything that suggested suicide. How can LE seek a suspect if they don't have one?"

Who said anything about suicide? From the beginning, police 'sources' were telling the press it was murder/suicide as has been indicated in numerous MSM articles spanning 6 weeks. And as we have already discussed, the scene was not conducive to a double suicide. Common sense tells me that police would have ruled out that option on day#1 for reasons previously discussed and which you have agreed with.

And yes exactly! How can a suspect be sought if they don't have one? How can a suspect be sought if there wasn't one? Which is why police said they were not seeking one. Foot in mouth.

Just a point to mention...other than maybe by sensationalized media reports or SM that snipped Price’s full comments, it’s not quite true on Dec 15, 2017 he ever said “no suspects are being sought”.

Police said later Friday evening that they are not currently seeking any suspects but are keeping an open mind on all possibilities.

“We did not observe any signs of forced entry into the building and so at this point indications are that we have no outstanding suspect to be going after,”‘ Det. Brandon Price told reporters.

“We will be getting a lot more answers tomorrow (Saturday) following the post-mortem examinations.”....”

2 found dead in Toronto home of Apotex chairman Barry Sherman

Just a point to mention...other than maybe by sensationalized media reports or SM that snipped Price’s full comments, it’s not quite true on Dec 15, 2017 he ever said “no suspects are being sought”.

His full interview snipped or not, he *did* in fact say it, and it was in fact plastered all over multiple main stream media, and there really is only one interpretation to that (keyword=outstanding). He says "I can say that at this point in the investigation, though it is very early, um, we uh, are *not* currently uh, seeking or uh looking for an outstanding suspect"

Listen from the horse's mouth starting at 1:22 at the video recorded by CityNews at this link, and yes, he actually put an emphasis on 'not': 2 found dead in Toronto home of Apotex chairman Barry Sherman

Some examples of MSM printing it:

“We did not observe any signs of forced entry into the building and so, at this point, indications are that we have no outstanding suspect to be going after,” police told reporters at the scene.
WARMINGTON: Someone could have entered Shermans’ home, lawyer says

Police said later Friday evening that they are not currently seeking any suspects but are keeping an open mind on all possibilities.
“We did not observe any signs of forced entry into the building and so at this point indications are that we have no outstanding suspect to be going after,” Det. Brandon Price told reporters.

Toronto billionaire, wife found dead; Police call deaths ‘suspicious’

On Friday night, police said they weren’t looking for an outstanding suspect and that there were no signs of forced entry into the home.
Homicide police now investigating deaths of billionaire Barry Sherman, wife Honey

Police said there was no threat to public safety. Brandon Price, a detective with the Toronto homicide squad, said investigators found no signs of "forced entry" into the house, and police were not "currently seeking or looking for an outstanding suspect."
On Tuesday, Toronto police confirmed to CBC News that they "have no evidence to change what we have said."

'Everything in this case raises an eyebrow': What we know, and don't know, about the Sherman investigation | CBC News

“We did not observe any signs of forced entry into the building and so at this point indications are that we have no outstanding suspect to be going after,”‘ Det. Brandon Price told reporters.

I don't remember the term "outstanding" at all (from early in the case) and I wonder.

His full interview snipped or not, he *did* in fact say it, and it was in fact plastered all over multiple main stream media, and there really is only one interpretation to that (keyword=outstanding). He says "I can say that at this point in the investigation, though it is very early, um, we uh, are *not* currently uh, seeking or uh looking for an outstanding suspect"

Listen from the horse's mouth starting at 1:22 at the video recorded by CityNews at this link, and yes, he actually put an emphasis on 'not': 2 found dead in Toronto home of Apotex chairman Barry Sherman

Some examples of MSM printing it:

“We did not observe any signs of forced entry into the building and so, at this point, indications are that we have no outstanding suspect to be going after,” police told reporters at the scene.
WARMINGTON: Someone could have entered Shermans’ home, lawyer says

“We did not observe any signs of forced entry into the building and so at this point indications are that we have no outstanding suspect to be going after,” Det. Brandon Price told reporters.

Toronto billionaire, wife found dead; Police call deaths ‘suspicious’

On Friday night, police said they weren’t looking for an outstanding suspect and that there were no signs of forced entry into the home.
Homicide police now investigating deaths of billionaire Barry Sherman, wife Honey

Police said there was no threat to public safety. Brandon Price, a detective with the Toronto homicide squad, said investigators found no signs of "forced entry" into the house, and police were not "currently seeking or looking for an outstanding suspect."
On Tuesday, Toronto police confirmed to CBC News that they "have no evidence to change what we have said."

'Everything in this case raises an eyebrow': What we know, and don't know, about the Sherman investigation | CBC News

When he made those comments on day one he was surrounded by the alarmed neighbours who knew the Shermans, who had lived there for over 20 years. Price wasn’t holding a press conference. Me, I’m giving the guy a break because I wouldn’t even want to imagine what it would be like to hear the sirens and see the flashing lights of dozens of emergency vehicles surrounding the home of one of my well known neighbours, then learning of both their deaths. Absolutely horrifying, it’s one thing to read news stories but quite another for neighbours who knew the couple to experience learning of the tragedy first hand.

Always a concern for people living close by especially if there had been recent breakins in the area as well, is there a violent gang involved or a lunatic on the loose? Will police be searching the area, is the culprit hiding out somewhere? Will LE be searching garages, sheds, hedges? Who will he strike next? Is it safe to sleep at night?

IMO Price was telling them as much as he was able to at the time, standard police talk reassuring them that no, police are not searching the neighbourhood on foot for a suspected vicious criminal as the crime didn’t involve a random violent robbery.

Last edited:
When he made those comments on day one he was surrounded by the alarmed neighbours who knew the Shermans, who had lived there for over 20 years. Price wasn’t holding a press conference. Me, I’m giving the guy a break because I wouldn’t even want to imagine what it would be like to hear the sirens and see the flashing lights of dozens of emergency vehicles surrounding the home of one of my well known neighbours, then learning of both their deaths. Absolutely horrifying, it’s one thing to read news stories but quite another for neighbours who knew the couple to experience learning of the tragedy first hand.

Always a concern for people living close by especially if there had been recent breakins in the area as well, is there a violent gang involved or a lunatic on the loose? Will police be searching the area, is the culprit hiding out somewhere? Will LE be searching garages, sheds, hedges? Who will he strike next? Is it safe to sleep at night?

IMO Price was telling them as much as he was able to at the time, standard police talk reassuring them that no, police are not searching the neighbourhood on foot for a suspected vicious criminal as the crime didn’t involve a random violent robbery.
The news about the deaths would have been particularly upsetting to neighbours if it was believed to be a break in and murder at the house.
Considering that the murders occurred during Hanukah, many would likely have travel plans or family visiting, so maybe at that time it was best to downplay the horrible events that occurred in the house.
Coincidentally, the day the two deaths are believed to have occurred, Dec 13 2017 - is also the day 2 candles are lit for Hanukah.
imo, speculation.
Jewish Calendar December 2017 | Hebcal Jewish Calendar
December 2017

25th of Kislev, 5778
Chanukah: 2 Candles

Private investigators believe Toronto billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, source says | CBC News
"The team of private investigators believes that the Shermans were, in fact, killed on Dec. 13, two days before they were found. This conclusion is based on the fact that Honey was wearing the same clothes she was last seen in, on Dec. 13, according to the source."

The news about the deaths would have been particularly upsetting to neighbours if it was believed to be a break in and murder at the house.
Considering that the murders occurred during Hanukah, many would likely have travel plans or family visiting, so maybe at that time it was best to downplay the horrible events that occurred in the house.
Coincidentally, the day the two deaths are believed to have occurred, Dec 13 2017 - is also the day 2 candles are lit for Hanukah.
imo, speculation.
Jewish Calendar December 2017 | Hebcal Jewish Calendar
December 2017

25th of Kislev, 5778
Chanukah: 2 Candles

Private investigators believe Toronto billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, source says | CBC News
"The team of private investigators believes that the Shermans were, in fact, killed on Dec. 13, two days before they were found. This conclusion is based on the fact that Honey was wearing the same clothes she was last seen in, on Dec. 13, according to the source."

Yes, you’re right, I forgot about the timing of the deaths as well. One thing I would bet on, that day swarms of reporters were milling about in competition with one another eager to get an inside scoop from anyone who had absolutely anything to say. That brings to mind something I’ve particularly noticed regarding the media reporting style related to this case - how greatly it relies on drama, scandal and sensationalism to draw attention to the story. Maybe that’s because the couple were billionaires or maybe just because most of the facts of this double homicide case still remain unknown, I don’t know. But for the most part, the human element, the personal impact of the sudden deaths of the Shermans to friends, associates, family and neighbours was ignored by the media other than a few lines here and there.

Neighbours told CP24 the Shermans were “the pride of the neighbourhood.”

"We are at a loss of words," Sarah Alva, one of the Sherman’s neighbours, said. “They were both the most wonderful people we knew and our hearts goes out to their families.”

They are the last people you would think something like this would happen to.”
Homicide investigators sent to home of dead Toronto billionaires

Or maybe he was just telling the truth? The only suspect is dead inside with his murdered wife.

@andreww In response to your post here:
Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #9
"Again, you say police were "mouthing off theories to the media" but you don't show any examples of the media reporting anything that suggested suicide. How can LE seek a suspect if they don't have one?"

Who said anything about suicide? From the beginning, police 'sources' were telling the press it was murder/suicide as has been indicated in numerous MSM articles spanning 6 weeks. And as we have already discussed, the scene was not conducive to a double suicide. Common sense tells me that police would have ruled out that option on day#1 for reasons previously discussed and which you have agreed with.

And yes exactly! How can a suspect be sought if they don't have one? How can a suspect be sought if there wasn't one? Which is why police said they were not seeking one. Foot in mouth.

Sorry, just a typo on my part, I meant murder/suicide.

As far as what was found and is amongst the "six weeks of evidence", we have absolutely nothing. Gomes and Price know exactly what happened and have intentionally buried this case and misled the public.<modsnip - stating fact without link>

Or maybe he was just telling the truth? The only suspect is dead inside with his murdered wife.

He was just telling the truth, what’s that supposed to mean? I certainly do hope you’re not expecting he’ll be called by the defence as a witness expecting that to prove no double homicide occurred but if so, good luck with that thought.

He was just telling the truth, what’s that supposed to mean? I certainly do hope you’re not expecting he’ll be called by the defence as a witness expecting that to prove no double homicide occurred but if so, good luck with that thought.
I'm saying that this case was, for all intense purposes, solved on day one. Price was speaking honestly, the only time anybody did, about what the crime scene told him. The family spoke up and Gomes and Price were told how this case was going to play out.

Sorry, just a typo on my part, I meant murder/suicide.

As far as what was found and is amongst the "six weeks of evidence", we have absolutely nothing. Gomes and Price know exactly what happened and have intentionally buried this case and misled the public.<modsnip - fact without link>

Andreww, isn't it more an opinion at this point?
We do not know, have not been told. that the case will be a cold case.

AFAIK, TPS are still working on the case and there is a reward for information.

We do not know what the police do/do not have. We can only surmise, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member