DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Pharma giant and philanthropists Barry and Honey Sherman found dead
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Verified Insider

Kerry Winter

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10

Last edited by a moderator:
http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...sherman-hated-his-wife-and-wanted-her-whacked
[h=1]WARMINGTON: Cousin cruelly claims Barry Sherman 'hated his wife' and wanted her 'whacked'[/h]
Family and friends close to slain Honey and Barry Sherman call a British tabloid’s suggestion the billionaire murdered his wife before killing himself “outrageous, false and disgusting.”

They were responding to an exclusive story in the Daily Mail that quotes a relative — who once tried to sue Barry Sherman for $1-billion — saying the Apotex founder had previously wanted his wife dead.
“Every word in the story is a depraved and cruel lie,” she said. “It’s despicable.”

Others close to the Shermans said the “bizarre, cheap and fictional” claims come out of a desire for “revenge” and “profit.”

“Barry loved Honey more than anything and any suggestion he didn’t, or would harm her, is pathetic,” one close friend said.

Hi Everyone,

Kerry Winter is now verified in Barry and Honey's case.

As always, please treat Kerry Winter with respect.

Remember Kerry Winter does not need to provide links to his posts and it's up to you whether to believe what Kerry Winter posts or not.

Thank you

ADMIN NOTE:

Barry and Honey Sherman and their family are victims.

We are always very fortunate to have an insider join us and become a Verified Insider. We have a bit of a unique situation here with our VI also being related to Barry and Honey Sherman, and being very candid about their family history and feelings toward both the Shermans.

Regardless of Kerry's feelings, he is still related to the victims, and as with any and all VIs and family members, please be respectful in all your questions to them and comments about them.

At all times, please keep in mind our usual policy as it relates to how you communicate with our VI, and in your comments about the Shermans.

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

BS continued his association with FD'A even after his investments were lost and FD'A seems to be a big defender of BS, despite the control he held of his house and everything else.
fwiw, imo. rbbm.
A meal with Frank D'Angelo: Pitchman, entrepreneur, auteur - Macleans.ca
"The “we” in this case is Frank and his best friend, Barry Sherman. The chairman of Apotex Inc., Canada’s largest generic drug maker, Sherman is ranked as the country’s 11th-wealthiest person, with a net worth of US$5.3 billion. “He’s a brilliant man. He’s partners in everything that I do,” says D’Angelo. “I trust his judgment. I’m out there. He’s the ABS brakes on my situation as a human being.” They met in 2002, when Sherman was selling a factory he had acquired in Tiverton, Ont., that also contained a small brewery. The relationship blossomed, with Sherman’s Wasanda Enterprises extending more and more financing for D’Angelo’s beverage dreams. At the time of the $120-million 2007 bankruptcy, Sherman was really the only creditor, and held the paper on everything Frank owned, including his home at the time, in Toronto’s Forest Hill neighbourhood."

Contains some salty language.

Frank, considered Barry his 'partner' and best friend.

I wonder if the heirs of the Shermans will want to collect what is owed by Frank.

I would speculate Frank was one of the people with the most to lose with Barry's death.

Frank, considered Barry his 'partner' and best friend.

I wonder if the heirs of the Shermans will want to collect what is owed by Frank.

I would speculate Frank was one of the people with the most to lose with Barry's death.

I suppose that might depend on whether Barry was going to keep funding his ventures, or he planned to cut him off and call in any loans he had outstanding. In that case, FD could have had a lot to gain with Barry’s death, depending on what he thought the heirs might do. Jmo, but there are 2 sides to the FD situation

I suppose that might depend on whether Barry was going to keep funding his ventures, or he planned to cut him off and call in any loans he had outstanding. In that case, FD could have had a lot to gain with Barry’s death, depending on what he thought the heirs might do. Jmo, but there are 2 sides to the FD situation

If Barry’s loans were all papered, Frank was likely in a position to receive more forebearance from Barry than the estate. The executors are obligated to act in a legal and commercial manner; Barry himself could be a nice guy and not collect. The beneficiaries could ask the executors to be forgiving, possibly.

Very strange that Barry invested in so many weird schemes. Maybe it was a form of recreation for him. It’s possible that some of his dealings in this world exposed him to some unsavoury types.

Kerry Winter wrote this here about two weeks ago:

I cannot defend myself here. It wasn’t too long ago the TPS questioned my best friend and suggested a conspiracy to commit murder charge.

The above threat of a charge sounds as if this was an interrogation. It sounds like an accusation based on evidence, as opposed to an interview to gather information from Kerry’s friend.

Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Individuals should only be interrogated when the information developed from the interview and investigation indicate that the subject is involved in the commission of the crime.

In the Reid technique, interrogation is an accusatory process in which the investigator tells the suspect that the results of the investigation clearly indicate that they did commit the crime in question.

Reid technique - Wikipedia

BS continued his association with FD'A even after his investments were lost and FD'A seems to be a big defender of BS, despite the control he held of his house and everything else.
fwiw, imo. rbbm.
"The “we” in this case is Frank and his best friend, Barry Sherman. The chairman of Apotex Inc., Canada’s largest generic drug maker, Sherman is ranked as the country’s 11th-wealthiest person, with a net worth of US$5.3 billion. “He’s a brilliant man. He’s partners in everything that I do,” says D’Angelo. “I trust his judgment. I’m out there. He’s the ABS brakes on my situation as a human being.” They met in 2002, when Sherman was selling a factory he had acquired in Tiverton, Ont., that also contained a small brewery. The relationship blossomed, with Sherman’s Wasanda Enterprises extending more and more financing for D’Angelo’s beverage dreams. At the time of the $120-million 2007 bankruptcy, Sherman was really the only creditor, and held the paper on everything Frank owned, including his home at the time, in Toronto’s Forest Hill neighbourhood."

Contains some salty language.

With the bankruptcy laws in Ontario, would Frank (FDA) have been able to keep his home?

*He* pays for his talk show, the expensive movies he has made were all financial failures. I see money going out on his ventures, but little indication of money coming in.

If he was able to keep his home, how does he support himself in that lifestyle with an expensive house?

2007 he filed for bankruptcy, the same year the Winter/Barkin cousins launched their lawsuit against BS.

In the Canlii documents of the cousins’ lawsuit, BS was asked to provide financial records. Curious to know if FDA’s bankruptcy was connected to that request-BS cleaning his financial house.

Kerry Winter wrote this here about two weeks ago:

The above threat of a charge sounds as if this was an interrogation. It sounds like an accusation based on evidence, as opposed to an interview to gather information from Kerry’s friend.

Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Reid technique - Wikipedia

The way I understood KW's statement is that TPS suggested a conspiracy to commit murder charge in relation to his admission that he conspired to kill HS in the 1990's. Just checking, is that how others read it?

With the bankruptcy laws in Ontario, would Frank (FDA) have been able to keep his home?

*He* pays for his talk show, the expensive movies he has made were all financial failures. I see money going out on his ventures, but little indication of money coming in.

If he was able to keep his home, how does he support himself in that lifestyle with an expensive house?

2007 he filed for bankruptcy, the same year the Winter/Barkin cousins launched their lawsuit against BS.

In the Canlii documents of the cousins’ lawsuit, BS was asked to provide financial records. Curious to know if FDA’s bankruptcy was connected to that request-BS cleaning his financial house.

Was Frank’s bankruptcy personal or corporate?

It sounds like Barry Sherman, either personally or through a corporation held a private mortgage on the home. It’s possible he wasn’t demanding repayment.

Most private mortgages that I’ve seen have pretty lender-friendly clauses, as you would expect.

I think personal bankrupts can keep their home equity in certain circumstances.

Frank is a mystery to me. I don’t know if his family made so much money in apple juice and real estate that he can keep all this going. Nobody likes his show, music or movies. Or him personally.

The way I understood KW's statement is that TPS suggested a conspiracy to commit murder charge in relation to his admission that he conspired to kill HS in the 1990's. Just checking, is that how others read it?

There could be three scenarios, in my view, based on Kerry Winter stating he was part of a conspiracy to commit murder plot:

-LE may have had another look at the murder of Landis Heal. Before his death, Kerry’s brother Dana Winter was charged with conspiracy to commit the murder of Mr. Heal. Kerry’s current claim, and the actual crimes linked to Dana, took place around the same time. Kerry may be being truthful about being part of a conspiracy, but maybe it is for a different past event. **speculation.

-The police were threatening Kerry’s friend with charges related to the Sherman murders. They believe the friend was complicit.

-The police were telling the friend that Kerry may be facing conspiracy to commit murder related to the deaths of the Shermans, and they were seeking the friend’s cooperation.

Last edited:
This person's house was also financed by BS, but unsure if he was going to call the loan in at some point, or if it will be now? rbbm.
Judge greenlights lawsuit alleging Barry Sherman's company stole rival's trade secrets - Macleans.ca
"Why Desai left his job so suddenly remains a mystery; in a prepared statement last week, Apotex would only say his resignation was “effective immediately” and that “we thank Jeremy for his contributions and wish him success in the next phase of his career.” Berman, the company spokesman, told Maclean’s today that “the announcement of Jeremy’s resignation and the police update of the same day are completely unrelated. Dr. Desai’s resignation is in no way connected to the death of Dr. Sherman.”

"When Sherman was alive, Desai appeared to enjoy a close relationship with the company founder and chairman. In fact, as The Globe and Mail first reported last week, it was Sherman who provided the mortgage for the upscale Toronto home that Desai and his wife, Kalpna, purchased when they first moved to Canada in 2003. The loan document, filed at Toronto’s land registry office, shows that Sherman lent the couple $3.15 million—at zero interest, and without a regular payment schedule. The mortgage is due “on demand,” records show, and 15 years later no discharge has been filed, suggesting the loan remains outstanding."

This person's house was also financed by BS, but unsure if he was going to call the loan in at some point, or if it will be now? rbbm.
Judge greenlights lawsuit alleging Barry Sherman's company stole rival's trade secrets - Macleans.ca
"Why Desai left his job so suddenly remains a mystery; in a prepared statement last week, Apotex would only say his resignation was “effective immediately” and that “we thank Jeremy for his contributions and wish him success in the next phase of his career.” Berman, the company spokesman, told Maclean’s today that “the announcement of Jeremy’s resignation and the police update of the same day are completely unrelated. Dr. Desai’s resignation is in no way connected to the death of Dr. Sherman.”

"When Sherman was alive, Desai appeared to enjoy a close relationship with the company founder and chairman. In fact, as The Globe and Mail first reported last week, it was Sherman who provided the mortgage for the upscale Toronto home that Desai and his wife, Kalpna, purchased when they first moved to Canada in 2003. The loan document, filed at Toronto’s land registry office, shows that Sherman lent the couple $3.15 million—at zero interest, and without a regular payment schedule. The mortgage is due “on demand,” records show, and 15 years later no discharge has been filed, suggesting the loan remains outstanding."

I suspect the lender would make demand upon termination of the employment relationship. If there was a severance agreement, a period of forbearance would likely have been negotiated and stipulated. It’s also possible his employment agreement included provisions on the mortgage.

Feb, 2016

“Sherman rarely gives interviews, but D’Angelo is able to get him on the phone in short order and twist his arm. In the course of a five-minute conversation, he describes Frank as a “hard worker” at least eight times. Their business past was a disappointment, he acknowledges. “Some calculation errors were made that resulted in a substantial loss,” says Sherman, specifying that D’Angelo spent far too much promoting his brands and not enough distributing them. Yet that has no bearing on their current partnership. “When I make decisions, it’s always looking forwards, not backwards,” says Sherman. “And in terms of the films, I believe in him. The value substantially exceeds the costs.” The profits have yet to materialize, but Sherman doesn’t seem too worried. “I like helping people and Frank deserves to succeed.” We should all be lucky enough to have a friend like Barry...”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member