Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your question reminded me of something I recently read, regarding lawyers, PIs and privilege, although it doesn’t directly answer it.

Why should a lawyer and not a client retain the investigator?
“It is wise for anyone requiring the services of a private investigator, who foresees that the investigation may result in litigation, to first retain a lawyer. The reason for this is the legal concept of litigation privilege. When a lawyer is retained and the lawyer in turn retains the private investigator, all information provided by the private investigator is privileged if not used as evidence. In litigation, private investigators cannot claim a qualified privilege between themselves and their clients.”
Investigation services - Legal Line

For me, you may have partly answered why the team may be led by a lawyer and not Tom Klatt, retired homicide detective.

He led another suspicious death investigation that I know of. They could afford a lawyer, but they let Klatt lead.

Although I understand this involves billions, lawsuits and high-stakes industry.

Why not put the 10M on the anonymous tip line? Greenspan may be able to help you not incriminate yourself.

For me, you may have partly answered why the team may be led by a lawyer and not Tom Klatt, retired homicide detective.

He led another suspicious death investigation that I know of. They could afford a lawyer, but they let Klatt lead.

Although I understand this involves billions, lawsuits and high-stakes industry.

Why not put the 10M on the anonymous tip line? Greenspan may be able to help you not incriminate yourself.
Greenspan is working for the family, the family are funding the tip line to catch and sucessfully prosecute the murderer(s). I very much doubt that Greenspan would then switch sides to defend the murderer.

Greenspan is working for the family, the family are funding the tip line to catch and sucessfully prosecute the murderer(s). I very much doubt that Greenspan would then switch sides to defend the murderer.

No, I may not have been clear. Of course he wouldn’t.

I was thinking of someone who is a criminal of some sort who has information about the crime.

Eg: someone who deals with stolen property. *IF* something was stolen that night and this witness unwittingly purchased the items to re-sell them. They can identify the source of the goods, but if they go to police they risk exposure of their criminal enterprise.

They might be a jeweller, with a legitimate store. Only they deal with questionable items sometimes.

Source: I grew up next door to family related to organized crime. Their cousin had what seemed to be a legitimate jewelry store. Turns out it wasn’t.

Kerry, I am happy to see that you are still active on this thread (clicking likes to some posts). I know you will always believe that this was a M/S, but if there is any possible chance that it wasn't M/S, who do you think might have killed them? I'd like to know what you are hearing, if you don't mind me asking. :)

Daughter of Honey and Barry Sherman continues their legacy by supporting world gathering of Holocaust survivors | The Star
May 2 2019
"Alex Krawczyk is determined to carry on the legacy of her parents — Honey and Barry Sherman — whom she calls “social justice warriors.”

The daughter of the slain billionaire philanthropists says there are days “when my heart is so heavy I can’t get out of bed.” But she does her best to “keep moving forward” and says supporting initiatives dear to her parents helps to ease her grief."

Daughter of Honey and Barry Sherman continues their legacy by supporting world gathering of Holocaust survivors | The Star
May 2 2019
"Alex Krawczyk is determined to carry on the legacy of her parents — Honey and Barry Sherman — whom she calls “social justice warriors.”

The daughter of the slain billionaire philanthropists says there are days “when my heart is so heavy I can’t get out of bed.” But she does her best to “keep moving forward” and says supporting initiatives dear to her parents helps to ease her grief."

From the article above, Marilyn Sinclair:

The Holocaust is a reminder of the dangers of unchecked hate.

Although much is not written, the children sound like they are fabulous

I don't know if I could ever recover if my parents were violently murdered. These gruesome deaths have haunted me, a stranger-- I can't even imagine what the children have gone through. The horror, the grief, the fear and the silence from TPS must be excruciating for them.

Who knows but it does not sound like they think they are entitled nor does it sound like they are into drugs.

It sounds like their focus is philanthropy.
“I get signs and messages from (my parents) every single day. I feel very connected to them. And the signs keep showing me that I’m on the right path and to keep working and keep moving forward.”

Had the chance to read Frank D'Angelo's bio on IMDB
Frank D'Angelo - Biography - IMDb
Quite interesting and written by Frank himself.

Hiring all those name actors to appear in his films had to be expensive. They certainly were not doing it for critical acclaim.

I am curious to know what level of involvement Barry had in Frank's films if any.

Had the chance to read Frank D'Angelo's bio on IMDB
Frank D'Angelo - Biography - IMDb
Quite interesting and written by Frank himself.

Hiring all those name actors to appear in his films had to be expensive. They certainly were not doing it for critical acclaim.

I am curious to know what level of involvement Barry had in Frank's films if any.

A meal with Frank D'Angelo: Pitchman, entrepreneur, auteur - Macleans.ca
by Jonathon Gatehouse
Feb 24, 2016
"The “we” in this case is Frank and his best friend, Barry Sherman. The chairman of Apotex Inc., Canada’s largest generic drug maker, Sherman is ranked as the country’s 11th-wealthiest person, with a net worth of US$5.3 billion. “He’s a brilliant man. He’s partners in everything that I do,” says D’Angelo. “I trust his judgment. I’m out there. He’s the ABS brakes on my situation as a human being.” They met in 2002, when Sherman was selling a factory he had acquired in Tiverton, Ont., that also contained a small brewery. The relationship blossomed, with Sherman’s Wasanda Enterprises extending more and more financing for D’Angelo’s beverage dreams. At the time of the $120-million 2007 bankruptcy, Sherman was really the only creditor, and held the paper on everything Frank owned, including his home at the time, in Toronto’s Forest Hill neighbourhood.

Sherman rarely gives interviews, but D’Angelo is able to get him on the phone in short order and twist his arm. In the course of a five-minute conversation, he describes Frank as a “hard worker” at least eight times. Their business past was a disappointment, he acknowledges. “Some calculation errors were made that resulted in a substantial loss,” says Sherman, specifying that D’Angelo spent far too much promoting his brands and not enough distributing them. Yet that has no bearing on their current partnership. “When I make decisions, it’s always looking forwards, not backwards,” says Sherman. “And in terms of the films, I believe in him. The value substantially exceeds the costs.” The profits have yet to materialize, but Sherman doesn’t seem too worried. “I like helping people and Frank deserves to succeed.” We should all be lucky enough to have a friend like Barry."

Saw on the news that the house is being demolished today. After the pool is filled in, the land will be sold.
Must be both a relief and a cause for sadness, imo.
Demolition begins on home where Honey and Barry Sherman were murdered
image.jpg

A bulldozer tears down the home of Honey and Barry Sherman at 50 Old Colony Road Monday May 6, 2019. (Peter Muscat)

"It’s not clear how much the empty lot would be worth. Several finished homes on the street are currently listed at between $8 million and $16 million.

Last week it was announced that a park would be named after the couple at the Sherman Campus of UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, near Bathurst Street and Sheppard Avenue, to honour their philanthropic work."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717