Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
did you read the sample?
how does he know the belts sat on a padded bench in the bedroom for weeks? (btw she purchased them 'recently' but they sat on a bench for 'weeks')
how does he know what Honey said to Sherman? was there a witness?

Quite a few of us have read the book, which was published several weeks ago. The author interviewed many friends of both BS and HS, although not their immediate family, none of whom agreed to speak with him.

Quite a few of us have read the book, which was published several weeks ago. The author interviewed many friends of both BS and HS, although not their immediate family, none of whom agreed to speak with him.
Exactly, who would know that Honey told Barry his belt was too tight that morning? I guess the maid must have been around?

Exactly, who would know that Honey told Barry his belt was too tight that morning? I guess the maid must have been around?

IIRC the personal trainer was there when Barry walked into the room, after he got dressed after his workout. The trainer was directly quoted in the book.
Or was that the day before? In any event, KD must have had independent verification for him to have provided a quote.

do people think A) there will be charges filed in next couple of years?, b) if not, if we'll ever had a formal follow-up on this case?

i'm thinking "no" to both....... it will certainly be interesting if/when donovan gets access to alot of protected info

do people think A) there will be charges filed in next couple of years?, b) if not, if we'll ever had a formal follow-up on this case?

i'm thinking "no" to both....... it will certainly be interesting if/when donovan gets access to alot of protected info

IMO if charges are not laid quite soon (which is what KD has predicted), they won't be and our only hope of learning more is if the media gain access to the protected info. No doubt the anniversary of the murders next month will prompt a lot of media attention - but it may not contain anything new.

It depends. If LE believes that one of the children is involved for instance, they are going to have to build a rock solid case. With the money that these people have, they are going to have the best defence known to man. Circumstantial evidence just won't cut it. LE may take years to build their case simply because the likelihood of the suspect reoffending is minimal. Also, I don't discount that this might have been a hired killing (although unlikely). If that were the case, LE may be sure who was responsible, but are now drilling down to find who did the actual deed. It may be a complicated case. Or it was a M/S from the start and we'll never get an answer.

THANK YOU !!!

From the beginning I have felt that Barry wearing his glasses was not an issue. I have had a lot of rough and tumble days in my life and never once had my glasses fall off .

Same as the 90 minute delay between finding the body and dialing 911 ...... not a big deal to me ....... folks have to realize when you work for wealthy or prominent people , whether as a cook , housekeeper , nanny , or real estate representative it is always a heads down discreet "mind your own business" setting ..... it would not be unusual to check upline with supervisors before taking any action such as calling 911.

90 minutes seems outrageous to me but I guess if they're already gone ...
Idk I'd be afraid to be in the house without the cops on the way

is it worth downloading?

Are you asking if it’s worth stealing or paying for? Is download a euphemism for steal? Or will you be buying it on your KIndle or KObo?

Yes it’s worth paying for or getting from the library.

Downloading from a pirate site is stealing.

rbbm.
The Billionaire Murders: The Mysterious Deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman by Kevin Donovan
A top journalist crosses the yellow tape to investigate a shocking high-society crime.

"Billionaires, philanthropists, socialites . . . victims. Barry and Honey Sherman appeared to lead charmed lives. But the world was shocked in late 2017 when their bodies were found in a bizarre tableau in their elegant Toronto home. First described as murder-suicide -- belts looped around their necks, they were found seated beside their basement swimming pool -- police later ruled it a staged, targeted double murder. Nothing about the case made sense to friends of the founder of one of the world's largest generic pharmaceutical firms and his wife, a powerhouse in Canada's charity world. Together, their wealth has been estimated at well over $4.7 billion.

There was another side to the story. A strategic genius who built a large generic drug company -- Apotex Inc. -- Barry Sherman was a self-described workaholic, renowned risk-taker, and disruptor during his fifty-year career. Regarded as a generous friend by many, Sherman was also feared by others. He was criticized for stifling academic freedom and using the courts to win at all costs. Upset with building issues at his mansion, he sued and recouped millions from tradespeople. At the time of his death, Sherman had just won a decades-old legal case involving four cousins who wanted 20 percent of his fortune.

Toronto Star investigative journalist Kevin Donovan chronicles the unsettling story from the beginning, interviewing family members, friends, and colleagues, and sheds new light on the Shermans' lives and the disturbing double murder. Deeply researched and authoritative, The Billionaire Murders is a compulsively readable tale of a strange and perplexing crime."
Get A Copy

THANK YOU !!!

From the beginning I have felt that Barry wearing his glasses was not an issue. I have had a lot of rough and tumble days in my life and never once had my glasses fall off .

Same as the 90 minute delay between finding the body and dialing 911 ...... not a big deal to me ....... folks have to realize when you work for wealthy or prominent people , whether as a cook , housekeeper , nanny , or real estate representative it is always a heads down discreet "mind your own business" setting ..... it would not be unusual to check upline with supervisors before taking any action such as calling 911.

I think you’re right about the chain of command possibly being a factor. I think that’s why the realtor contacted the family first.

Still seems odd to me.

For me, one problem with the 90 minute delay in calling 911 is that realtor ES was immediately told to call 911 by her client—Honey’s sister, MS. (MS was involved in the sale of the home.)

So what, or who, stopped ES from calling 911?
is it worth downloading?

I recommend it. I bought the eBook and I had Audible credits so I used one. Donovan narrates the book and he does an excellent job.

Off-topic, but we had all previously discussed why that railing in the pool room was used.

Donovan said it was three feet high. I’m 5’8”, and sitting I’m almost exactly three feet from my seat to the top of my head (I measured).

Sorry to be graphic, but I’m wondering if the railing was used in the murders, (sorry) but as a makeshift pulley.

Last edited:
Are you asking if it’s worth stealing or paying for? Is download a euphemism for steal? Or will you be buying it on your KIndle or KObo?

I would be buying it on my Kindle. I wouldn't know how to steal. I don't know what a pirate site is. Kind of offended actually.

Still seems odd to me.
For me, one problem with the 90 minute delay in calling 911 is that realtor ES was immediately told to call 911 by her client—Honey’s sister, MS. (MS was involved in the sale of the home.)

I recommend it. I bought the eBook and I had Audible credits so I used one. Donovan narrates the book and he does an excellent job.

[sbbm]

even more outrageous that she had to be told to call 911 and still didn't call right away?! who does that?!

thanks for the tip on the book

rbbm.
The Billionaire Murders: The Mysterious Deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman by Kevin Donovan
A top journalist crosses the yellow tape to investigate a shocking high-society crime.

"Billionaires, philanthropists, socialites . . . victims. Barry and Honey Sherman appeared to lead charmed lives. But the world was shocked in late 2017 when their bodies were found in a bizarre tableau in their elegant Toronto home. First described as murder-suicide -- belts looped around their necks, they were found seated beside their basement swimming pool -- police later ruled it a staged, targeted double murder. Nothing about the case made sense to friends of the founder of one of the world's largest generic pharmaceutical firms and his wife, a powerhouse in Canada's charity world. Together, their wealth has been estimated at well over $4.7 billion.

There was another side to the story. A strategic genius who built a large generic drug company -- Apotex Inc. -- Barry Sherman was a self-described workaholic, renowned risk-taker, and disruptor during his fifty-year career. Regarded as a generous friend by many, Sherman was also feared by others. He was criticized for stifling academic freedom and using the courts to win at all costs. Upset with building issues at his mansion, he sued and recouped millions from tradespeople. At the time of his death, Sherman had just won a decades-old legal case involving four cousins who wanted 20 percent of his fortune.

Toronto Star investigative journalist Kevin Donovan chronicles the unsettling story from the beginning, interviewing family members, friends, and colleagues, and sheds new light on the Shermans' lives and the disturbing double murder. Deeply researched and authoritative, The Billionaire Murders is a compulsively readable tale of a strange and perplexing crime."
Get A Copy

thanks dotr

I think you’re right about the chain of command possibly being a factor. I think that’s why the realtor contacted the family first.

Still seems odd to me.

Off-topic, but we had all previously discussed why that railing in the pool room was used.

Donovan said it was three feet high. I’m 5’8”, and sitting I’m almost exactly three feet from my seat to the top of my head (I measured).

Sorry to be graphic, but I’m wondering if the railing was used in the murders, (sorry) but as a makeshift pulley.
rbbm.
Forgive my own graphic comment, but could it be that the belts were used to restrain the S's, to the railing while they were still alive, rather than to "pose " them post mortem, making it easier to strangle them by other means?
speculation, imo.

rbbm.
Forgive my own graphic comment, but could it be that the belts were used to restrain the S's, to the railing while they were still alive, rather than to "pose " them post mortem, making it easier to strangle them by other means?
speculation, imo.

That might be more likely. Maybe that explains why the Hyoid bones weren’t broken? (Sorry) The belts may have been positioned above the ligature that was used, then slipped down.

What, if their wrists were bound together, before they (or only BS?) had to sign a document/s? Belts around their neck, wrists bound together, coats down their arms, sitting at the pool railing and denying to sign something (or denying to admit, where a document was hidden)?
How to find a buried document within the sealed pool of documents, which has a forced "fresh" (Dec 13th/14th) sign on it, IF it is buried there??

THANK YOU !!!

The 90 minute delay is more troubling for me. I agree with what you are saying, but the realtor did call their boss and was told to call 911. They didn't though. They called JS. Now that wouldn't have taken long, lets say 30 minutes at the absolute most. So again, what was the delay? One can only assume that JS told them to hold off. Why?

The fact that they asked if its "worth" downloading pretty much indicates that they are planning to purchase it. No need to assume the worst of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KWhitaker