Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't been here in awhile. saw the toronto star article about "financial motive looked into" and toronto sun joe warmington "follow the money" vague interview with jack kay (barry's most trusted aide at apotex)

i couldn't get through the paywall at toronto star.... but i'd guess (and i've seen comments here) that it didn't say much.

what is going on with TPD's PR? are they meaning to say something significant with these comments? or is it cat/mouse with donovan and the court system? i.e they have to say something.

it is very obvious that they would look at financial motive. it's the most likely scenario (although they are some others)... do they mean these comments to have significance?

and i understand they said the family members are cooperating.. or something like that............... it's very complex though as to who/what/when was said in terms of "police cooperation"... as time goes by, i would presume it gets easier to talk about - whether innocent or guilty. i would think OJ Simpson would do much much better on a polygraph today than June 1996.

i mostly agree on professionally done (but hired by who)................. amateur and/or "heat of the moment" would leave too many clues........ professional works best. the hirer can make it so that things run smoothly. the hiree has no association with victims. i think i'm paraphrasing an A&E ad that i saw, but it's true.

Nothing really new here... from the CBC today:

“The ITOs also reveal police wanted to know where and how the Shermans were spending their money.

Bank records would help track their movements," according to an affidavit sworn by investigators.

The ITOs also say "investigators do not have a detailed understanding of the couple, their friends or possible enemies."
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5860527?__twitter_impression=true

I think the Investigators would be especially most interested in changes in spending patterns. Either new spending, that is differnt than in the past, or significantly, an end of spending. Somebody was 'cut-off', for example.

I wonder if KD ever questions the integrity of his sources, knowing LE has fully investigated the Sherman finances? For example iirc one of his reports suggested Honey only had access to funds to run the household and expected to receive a large sum of money from her husband at some point in the future and then planned to give some to her sister. If stories such as this are known to be bogus by LE, and in fact Honey was not held impoverished by her husband, what does that say about the motivation of a person behind the scenes who’s directing the public finger-pointing through KD?

I think the way information is being released, sort of a drip, drip, drip. within the ITOs is very fascinating for exactly that reason.

JMO

yahoo news has a story today going through the documentation that has been released... sorry i didnt check to see if the byline was a newspaper and yahoo just picking it up.

very little in any of it..... basically, do you read much into "police are/have been looking into financial motive"?... is it significant that they say this? it's pretty obvious they would... or do they just need to say some stuff to keep the court system off their backs? i.e. fight off Donovan.

on Donavan's (sp?) book, i think it was a bit light on BS/HS day-to-day relationship. would also like to know what BS day-to-day spending power was ...... also, the whole "JS and HS hated each other" was mentioned (book's only WOW moment) but never expanded upon.

lastly, the Apotex being on hook for big lawsuit payment.... can't they just appeal it forever? how much have the tobacco companies actually paid out?

I saw in an article yesterday that they mentioned the documents say the housekeeper said Honey would never go downstairs because her legs hurt her.

I think that puts to bed the M/S theory. Barry would not have been able to carry her down there without leaving some sort of evidence, if he could physically even do it.

I saw in an article yesterday that they mentioned the documents say the housekeeper said Honey would never go downstairs because her legs hurt her.

I think that puts to bed the M/S theory. Barry would not have been able to carry her down there without leaving some sort of evidence, if he could physically even do it.
It's been 3 years since Barry and Honey Sherman were found dead. Court documents reveal what we know so far
''The housekeeper told police that Honey, who has problems with her knees, rarely went to the basement and another witness interviewed by investigators said the couple’s pool was rarely used.

The realtor told police she remembered Barry once mentioning something about a camera by the pool but she said she didn’t think it worked.''

According to the trainer....Barry was a LOT stronger for his age and how he appeared.

Why would he (or anyone) have to carry her? I have never read that HS was incapable of going downstairs on her own. Someone could have called her to come downstairs, or she could have been forced to go there, or she could have gone her own. HS wasn't unable to walk.

This caught my eye -
“Joe Brennan, one of the contractors who was building their home, was also at the meeting and told police he remembered Honey saying something that made him think she wanted Barry home earlier than usual that evening but he could not remember exactly what was said..”
It's been 3 years since Barry and Honey Sherman were found dead. Court documents reveal what we know so far

Just because JB didn’t remember, what of the others at the meeting? Perhaps the answer is contained in the “big blocks of text”.

BBM
“Investigators have released very few details about their investigation to date and big blocks of text have been redacted in the recently released court documents so as not to reveal any “persons of interest” identified by witnesses in the case.”

Hmm.... the thing about relationships that would not otherwise be known.. I think I have kind of run into an 'inkling' twice now in media... that the Shermans may have had more grandchildren than is generally known about? We know they had Lauren's boy (around 6?), Alex's firstborn boy (around 4?), and Alex's newborn daughter.. which makes three. Why state 'several', if the answer is 'three'? Or four, for that matter. Both take up less space than 'several'. When I think of 'several', I think of more than three. Thoughts?

"Alexandra Sherman described her father as very humble, unassuming, quiet, and loving, according to notes taken by officers who interviewed her on Dec. 27, 2017.

She said that growing up, the relationship between her parents had been difficult but that a lot had changed in recent years since the birth of her son.

She said she noticed they were a lot more in love, not arguing, and spending more time together caring for their four grandchildren."

The couple are survived by their four children, Jonathon, Lauren, Alexandra and Kaelen and several grandchildren.
https://www.thejc.com/news/obituaries/obituary-bernard-barry-sherman-1.451010

Why "Several" Grandchildren?
... 'inkling' twice now in media... that the Shermans may have had more grandchildren than is generally known about? We know they had Lauren's boy (around 6?), Alex's firstborn boy (around 4?), and Alex's newborn daughter.. which makes three. Why state 'several', if the answer is 'three'? Or four, for that matter. Both take up less space than 'several'. When I think of 'several', I think of more than three. Thoughts?
https://www.thejc.com/news/obituaries/obituary-bernard-barry-sherman-1.451010
@deugirtni sbm
Good question. I read their son and his husband were trying for or did have a child thru a surrogate.*
Could this be a fourth g'child, perhaps not acknowledged by all family members?
One of the dau's may have been pregnant at time of obit & service but did not want to announce publicly?
If so, either one ^ may explain why a definite number was not stated? Or maybe another reason? my2cts.

"Most recently, you have been helping my husband Fred and me to build our family through the long and expensive path of surrogacy. It annoyed me how often you would ask me for an update, but I know it’s because you were so excited...."
^ Jonathon Sherman pays tribute to his parents Barry and Honey Sherman - Macleans.ca Dec 21, 2017

Why "Several" Grandchildren?
@deugirtni sbm
Good question. I read their son and his husband were trying for or did have a child thru a surrogate.*
Could this be a fourth g'child, perhaps not acknowledged by all family members?
One of the dau's may have been pregnant at time of obit & service but did not want to announce publicly?
If so, either one ^ may explain why a definite number was not stated? Or maybe another reason? my2cts.

"Most recently, you have been helping my husband Fred and me to build our family through the long and expensive path of surrogacy. It annoyed me how often you would ask me for an update, but I know it’s because you were so excited...."
^ Jonathon Sherman pays tribute to his parents Barry and Honey Sherman - Macleans.ca Dec 21, 2017
No.. because the article I quoted which quoted the S daughter Alex, was talking about while the couple was alive, and same with the obituary (dated December 28, 2017). JS went on to have 2 sons via surrogate, but that was some time after the fact.

No.. because the article I quoted which quoted the S daughter Alex, was talking about while the couple was alive, and same with the obituary (dated December 28, 2017). JS went on to have 2 sons via surrogate, but that was some time after the fact.
@deugirtni Okay, without sufficient context, I was just thinking about possibilities. Thx for explaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo