Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There certainly were some strange family dynamics, did Honey love children, still strikes me as weird, Barry fathering three of the children through surrogacy, I’d be surprised if Honey was biological mother of them.
Wish we knew if they all had same surrogate mother.
Maybe I’m weird, but cant think of anything worse than my husband fathering all these babies, as I was getting older and enjoying being more free. There is a pretty big gap between eldest and youngest.

There certainly were some strange family dynamics, did Honey love children, still strikes me as weird, Barry fathering three of the children through surrogacy, I’d be surprised if Honey was biological mother of them.
Maybe I’m weird, but cant think of anything worse than my husband fathering all these babies, as I was getting older and enjoying being more free. There is a pretty big gap between eldest and youngest.

A surrogate is not the same as an egg donor.

I imagine that they removed eggs from Honey and used IVF for the surrogate.

I dont think its the business of anyone other than the parents/children. JMO

A surrogate is not the same as an egg donor.

I imagine that they removed eggs from Honey and used IVF for the surrogate.

I dont think its the business of anyone other than the parents/children. JMO

This caught my eye -
“Joe Brennan, one of the contractors who was building their home, was also at the meeting and told police he remembered Honey saying something that made him think she wanted Barry home earlier than usual that evening but he could not remember exactly what was said..”
It's been 3 years since Barry and Honey Sherman were found dead. Court documents reveal what we know so far

Just because JB didn’t remember, what of the others at the meeting? Perhaps the answer is contained in the “big blocks of text”.

BBM
“Investigators have released very few details about their investigation to date and big blocks of text have been redacted in the recently released court documents so as not to reveal any “persons of interest” identified by witnesses in the case.”

Perhaps if JB had been interviewed by LE immediately after the murders, instead of weeks or months later, He may have remembered more.

Last edited:
I know it’s a very personal topic that I’m sure caused a lot of pain for the late HS. But JS touched upon the topic in his eulogy, so I think the surrogacy issue became something they embraced and brought joy if they decided to have three children, IMO. From Donovan’s book, page 201:
Having their own children proved more difficult than the Shermans expected. After Honey first miscarried in 1972, it happened several more times before Lauren was born in 1975. Joanne Mauro, who began working as Barry’s executive assistant not long after, recalls that Barry or Honey would bring toddler Lauren, a “real cutie,” to the Apotex offices. Lauren remained an only child until she was eight. Honey was continuing to have miscarriages, and finally, in the early 1980s, the couple decided to try surrogacy.

In the 1980s, paying a woman to use her eggs and her womb to carry a child to term was not common practice in Canada, and it was only just becoming popular in the United States. An American lawyer provided the Shermans with books that described the physical characteristics and education of potential mothers.

In each case, Barry’s sperm was used, and each of the three surrogates they would engage came from a different US state. The lawyer had the women sign what Sherman told friends was an “iron-clad contract” that would prevent them from ever having a claim on the child or the Sherman fortune.

In each case, the mother was flown to Canada for the birth so that the children would be Canadian citizens. Jonathon was born in 1983, Alex in 1986, and Kaelen in 1990. —

I think because it’s a murder case the question about their biological mothers might be relevant, and maybe something the police may have wanted to know as they were looking at people who may have been close to the families.

I would be very surprised if they used Honey’s eggs, we are talking 40 odd years ago.IVF was in its infancy.

1980 seems to be the date for both surrogacy and IVF in the US.

Louise Brown was born in 1978 I believe, in the UK.

Once the legalities had been sorted out, they were both viable options for parents-to-be.

Honey and Barry were blessed with having more children by surrogacy, with Barry providing the genetics. After Honey's many miscarriages, I am sure they would have felt blessed if adoption was their only choice. They clearly wanted more children.

These weren't Barry's kids, they were Barry and Honey's kids. They raised them, and it is obvious that both of them were happy and proud to become grandparents. Older people can enjoy feeling free, but there is nothing better than experiencing the love for a grandchild.

IMO, it sounds like your worse nightmare was the polar opposite for Honey and Barry.

Have been wondering if and or how, Apotox might be involved in fighting covid.
How One Apotex Employee Made a Difference
March 10, 2020
''When Kevin Zhang watched the news of the Coronavirus outbreak in his home country of China, he wondered what he and Apotex could do to help. You could say Kevin has a personal connection. Living in Canada for the last 20 years, Kevin was born in China and still has family there, although not living in the affected areas.

“As I saw the Coronavirus outbreak become a growing concern, I felt compelled to do something to help,” said Kevin, who works on Apotex’s Indirect Procurement team as an Associate Director, Global Category Management.

Kevin says he was moved to see the doctors and nurses working day and night to help patients, knowing they were risking their own well-being in the aid of others. He became especially concerned when he learned that medical team members didn’t always have appropriate protection due to an ongoing shortage of medical supplies. That’s what compelled Kevin to try and do something to help.

The company was already considering what action it could take to help support China and approved a donation amount that Kevin could work with. Kevin quickly sourced supplies that he knew were in high demand by medical teams fighting the outbreak. With the support of Apotex suppliers, he was able to secure a shipment of much-needed items, including protective garments, gloves and shoe covers, now on the way to affected areas in China.

When asked what arranging this donation means to him, Kevin had this to say. “It has been a great experience and a powerful way to live the Apotex Values of Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance and Passion.''

You can tell us, Kerry:rolleyes:

Once Kerry failed the polygraph about Barry asking him to have Honey killed, I discounted all of his statements. He hadn't been around Barry or Honey in decades. He had no idea of how their relationship had evolved over time. Their kids understood their parents relationship, and stated that they were happy together in their golden years.

Sorry Kerry, your documentary will fall on deaf ears for me.

Over 2 pages article, this is all i can post atm..
Barry Sherman’s son says his father asked him to repay tens of millions of dollars, two weeks before murders, but Barry was ‘all in’ with son’s business
''The road into Jonathon Sherman’s 100-acre compound winds through a forest. A yellow smiley face tacked to a tree warns visitors that cameras are watching. Afraid for his life following the 2017 killings of his parents, Barry and Honey Sherman, Jonathon also employs a permanent detail of security guards who live in one of the houses on the rolling property.

Come alone, Jonathon told me.

In a back and forth email exchange in December leading up to our interview, the 37-year old businessman explained his desire to provide “context” to his father’s request — two weeks before his death — that Jonathon and business partner Adam Paulin pay back between $50 million and $60 million that Barry had loaned them. His father, Jonathon said, was in a difficult financial situation but vowed to restart the flow of cash down the road.

“I’m not going to kill my dad because he needs $50 million to get through a crisis,” Jonathon will later say over the course of a five-hour chat, confronting suggestions by some that he was involved.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ