Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that JS's insistence on AP being present in all of JS's meetings with BS was due to the dysfunctional relationship that had always existed between father and son. I think JS was uncomfortable and intimidated while alone in his father's presence.

I think JS sought his father's approval and validation - but also feared his father's intellect and judgement. I suspect that JS was not recognized as a separate person or as a unique adult individual by BS, beginning in childhood. There are terms in psychology that describe this kind of dysfunctional parent-child relationship.

I suspect that JS felt he'd never been considered good enough by his father in the past, and knew that he'd never be considered good enough by his father in the future. Whether BS intended to do so or not, he made that all but impossible. That's just who he was - and it was never going to change. In that respect (and in that respect only) I sympathize with JS.

Jmo

I think the problem JS has/had with his father is that he never understood that BS was a very rich introverted man whose only real form of entertainment was living vicariously through people he admired for their go-get-'em spirit and that the money he lavished on people like FDA was the equivalent to gambling with his own money. IMO

Kevin Donovan interviewed by Cece Scott. He posted a link to it on his Twitter account:

A lot of the Sherman friends talked about Dateline, they love that show. I don’t watch it myself, but I do like the concept,” Donovan says. “Of course, murder is a terrible thing, but if there’s going to be a murder, I like to be the sleuth, the one that puts the pieces together and brings justice to bear. There’s a cat and mouse aspect to it all as well, which I really enjoy. It’s not a conscious thing with me, I think it’s kind of who I am.”
Volume IX - Kevin Donovan

Kevin Donovan interviewed by Cece Scott. He posted a link to it on his Twitter account:

A lot of the Sherman friends talked about Dateline, they love that show. I don’t watch it myself, but I do like the concept,” Donovan says. “Of course, murder is a terrible thing, but if there’s going to be a murder, I like to be the sleuth, the one that puts the pieces together and brings justice to bear. There’s a cat and mouse aspect to it all as well, which I really enjoy. It’s not a conscious thing with me, I think it’s kind of who I am.”

Thanks Lexi,

I found KD's following quote interesting:

"I have spoken recently to people who the police interviewed way back, and I’ve interviewed them in much more depth. These people are sources of mine and they have information that would be really helpful to the police, but they say, “Well the police have got to come to me.” These people have theories that are in line with what the police theories happen to be – they are not volunteering their opinions to the police - but they are talking to me. I think the police are trying to build a case against a person or persons and have not publicly stated who that person or persons are, but I think they are having a really hard time.”

A few questions,
-Why aren't LE re-interwiewing these people?
-Why aren't these people sharing "really helpful" information to LE?
-How does KD know that their theories are in line with LE theories?

KW, what demons? I don’t recall you writing here about your demons.

“Kerry Winter, the ragtag outspoken finger-pointing cousin of Barry, is one of the people that Donovan has interviewed, and with whom he keeps in touch. In fact, Winter, who Donovan says is 'just one of those people you meet who is really interesting,’ texted Donovan the other day, saying, ‘Kevin, it’s a murder-suicide; it’s a big cover up.’ But Donovan says he likes Winter “who, by his own admission, has a lot of demons.”...”

I think KW has been very candid about his childhood trauma, and his battle to overcome drug addiction. We all have inner demons, and at least KW admits it.

I agree with KD, I find Kerry to be very interesting.

If, at approaching age 60 he hasn’t yet been able to overcome his past and is still fighting demons, that’s a tragedy in itself.

If there was any possibility that if it was a M/S, do you think the TPS would spend all this time, effort and money to pretend it was a double murder?

Does anybody really care about the Sherman's legacy in terms of how they died? I think not.

No I believe the TPS have real tangible evidence that a double murder happened.
The family care deeply that history won’t state their father went off the deep end and in a fit of dementia rage accidentally killed their mother and hung himself. This ongoing double murder investigation: lead Detective B. Price has interviewed 1 person in 13 months.

The family care deeply that history won’t state This ongoing double murder investigation: lead Detective B. Price has interviewed 1 person in 13 months.

Which part of the family cares about the manner of death? Jonathon and his sisters? You and your brothers? Honey's sister? With a loss of a loved one(s), does one feel better because they were murdered, rather than a suicide? I do not think grief or history much care.

The manner of death, does not diminish one's history of accomplishments. ie Hemmingway; Kurt Cobain; Robin Williams, Janis Joplin; Margot Kidder; Kate Spade; Hunter S. Thompson.

"their father went off the deep end and in a fit of dementia rage accidentally killed their mother and hung himself" .....................Do you believe BS was suffering from dementia? What leads you to that conclusion? Were there signs at his work, or did you sense that in your dealings with him?

Finally, how do you know Det. Price has only interviewed one person in thirteen months? Even if it is true how is that relevant, if the TPS has a POI and is seeking forensic evidence in its case.

You come across as insensitive and know very little about CPTSD.

You’re right, I know nothing of CPTSD. If that’s your diagnosis, I would wonder how engaging in a long, bitter legal battle over two decades with Barry, and now putting yourself in the media limelight by insisting you know the Shermans died by m/s despite the fact medical examiners have determined otherwise.....is that moving you forward or setting you back?

A few questions,

Which part of the family cares about the manner of death?.....................Do you believe BS was suffering from dementia? What leads you to that conclusion? Were there signs at his work, or did you sense that in your dealings with him?

Finally, how do you know Det. Price has only interviewed one person in thirteen months? Even if it is true how is that relevant, if the TPS has a POI and is seeking forensic evidence in its case.

RSBM

Exactly. I think this case has seen too many self-appointed 'insiders' asserting they know the truth about things they can't possibly know, beginning with the alleged leak from TPS to the Sun on the day after the bodies were found.

That's the thing about an unsolved crime, it gives people the opportunity to claim they know what happened, to a credulous public.

I recognize misinformation when I see it, because the assertions are about alleged facts that the misinformer can't know, such as what really happened and what other people think.

The only true information someone can share is "I know x and y because I was there and saw/heard it, and I believe z but don't actually know whether z is true or not, but here's why it's in my self-interest to believe it". And most importantly: "Here's why it's in my self-interest to get other people to believe it".

From your first link:
  • Last May, Kevin Donovan, the Star’s chief investigative reporter, wroteabout an urban explorer who entered the Shermans’ home just before it was destroyed. The article detailed the man’s findings, including a description of medications and documents still in the home
Readers were divided on whether the story should have run — 48.3 per cent saying yes and 51.7 per cent saying no.In my view, editors were right to run it for the reasons Donovan lays out.

“I had heard much criticism of both the police and private investigation into the murders of Barry and Honey Sherman, including suggestions that too many stones were left unturned before the house was demolished,” he told me.

“The urban explorer’s visit, and the images and video that were shared with me, proved that information which appeared to be evidence was not seized by either side,” Donovan said.”

Thanks for posting Lexi.

I find this quote (below) by KD from article linked above, of particular interest. Considering it was the family who hired their own investigation team, and we know they are really wanting the seals left on the estate documents, so one could surmise they really want privacy and they really wanted the deaths to be called what they were. Court documents suggest the family fear for their own lives. But yet KD seems to believe it is a fact, presumably based on his own wealth of information, including interviews with hundreds over the past three years, that it is the *friends* of the Shermans who really want their murders solved? And come to think of it, I don't recall hearing the family expressly declare they want these murders solved, (which, imho, would likely be the only way to alleviate their fear for their own lives).

"In fact, it is the friends of the Shermans who really want their murders solved.”

Thanks Lexi,

I found KD's following quote interesting:

"I have spoken recently to people who the police interviewed way back, and I’ve interviewed them in much more depth. These people are sources of mine and they have information that would be really helpful to the police, but they say, “Well the police have got to come to me.” These people have theories that are in line with what the police theories happen to be – they are not volunteering their opinions to the police - but they are talking to me. I think the police are trying to build a case against a person or persons and have not publicly stated who that person or persons are, but I think they are having a really hard time.”

A few questions,

I agree, good questions. KD is skilled at inviting speculation.

I gather we’re supposed to speculate about the reason these Sherman friends - who want the murders solved - won’t give police their “helpful” information when they were initially interviewed, or even later.

As KD is in the NEWS business, what’s the problem here? Rather than innuendo, why not report on the reason these people are wasting time sharing information with him rather than talking to police?

As KD is in the NEWS business, what’s the problem here? Rather than innuendo, why not report on the reason these people are wasting time sharing information with him rather than talking to police?

That would be shooting himself in the foot, sources aren't going to continue to talk to you if you do something like that. And the sources aren't the story.

We are talking about a certain class of people here that probably generally expect everyone
"to come to them". It allows them a certain amount of deniability . They would want to be viewed as confirming what the police already knew, not "gossiping" about their own theories.

Tragedy is losing a mother and father at a young age and a brother after that too, one could live to be 100 years old and those events will still be tragic, imo.
Thank-you Dotr: not to mention being physically abused/hit viciously in a rage between 5-15 by my adoptive father.

Which part of the family cares about the manner of death? Jonathon and his sisters? You and your brothers? Honey's sister? With a loss of a loved one(s), does one feel better because they were murdered, rather than a suicide? I do not think grief or history much care.

The manner of death, does not diminish one's history of accomplishments. ie Hemmingway; Kurt Cobain; Robin Williams, Janis Joplin; Margot Kidder; Kate Spade; Hunter S. Thompson.

"their father went off the deep end and in a fit of dementia rage accidentally killed their mother and hung himself" .....................Do you believe BS was suffering from dementia? What leads you to that conclusion? Were there signs at his work, or did you sense that in your dealings with him?

For an “active ongoing double murder investigation”, KD revealed Price has only interviewed one person in 13 months. I sat across from my cousin in an examination for discovery 5 months before he was found dead....he was clearly losing his marbles.

You’re right, I know nothing of CPTSD. If that’s your diagnosis, I would wonder how engaging in a long, bitter legal battle over two decades with Barry, and now putting yourself in the media limelight by insisting you know the Shermans died by m/s despite the fact medical examiners have determined otherwise.....is that moving you forward or setting you back?
The Shermans don’t have the right to rewrite history. If my cousin went off the deep end and killed Honey..then, took his life as l believe....it’s simply the truth. Greenspan’s team of paid hacks mean nothing! If we can agree that the Sherman’s died suspiciously....why wasn’t there a full blown coroners inquest?
I was certain of one thing after spending 4 hours with lead detective B. Price....he’s a terrible poker player and l left 31 division at 1 in the morning 100% convinced of M/S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8