Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK the blackmailer part is likely off, but what if H was seeing someone and the guy wanted her to leave B figuring she would get a huge settlement and they could live a really good life together. H refuses to disrupt her life and go through the disaster of a divorce and the guy does it for revenge. Just trying to think outside the box.

Honey was in the midst of having her and Barry’s dream home designed and built, hardly the actions of a woman who’s planning to divorce.

Evidence? Has this alleged affair been mentioned by LE or the press at all?
No it hasn't and I am new at posting and making comments. So maybe I broke the rules. Sorry I can delete if I did. As I said, it was just something that crossed my mind and thought I would voice my opinion.

Iirc, I think BS paid expenses related to surrogacy and/or adoption of JS' two daughters.

One check for $ X00,000+. Legal fees? Exp's for the surrogate mother? Anyone recall amt?

Anyone recall when? In summer or fall 2017 or ?
TiA.

Iirc, I think BS paid expenses related to surrogacy and/or adoption of JS' two daughters.

One check for $ X00,000+. Legal fees? Exp's for the surrogate mother? Anyone recall amt?

Anyone recall when? In summer or fall 2017 or ?
TiA.
rbbm.
Barry Sherman’s son says his father asked him to repay tens of millions of dollars, two weeks before murders, but Barry was ‘all in’ with son’s business
''The log cabin beside the garage, Jonathon explains, was the home he and his husband originally lived in. With two children by surrogacy (Barry funded the process in late 2017, paying $329,286 to a U.S. company on Jonathon and Mercure’s behalf) the couple needed more room and have moved to a larger house nearby. At Jonathon’s request, the Star is not identifying where they live, other than that it is in the GTA.''

... Barry Sherman’s son says his father asked him to repay tens of millions of dollars, two weeks before murders, but Barry was ‘all in’ with son’s business
'' .... Jonathon explains, ...two children by surrogacy (Barry funded the process in late 2017, paying $329,286 to a U.S. company on Jonathon and Mercure’s behalf) the couple needed more room...
@dotr sbm Thank you very much.
I wonder if BS asked for JS to secure the mtg/repay loan before or after BS paid for surrogacy.
Odd timing?

Honey was in the midst of having her and Barry’s dream home designed and built, hardly the actions of a woman who’s planning to divorce.

in fairness it was her dream home, not Barrys iirc.
No reason she couldn’t have retained the new home if their marriage broke up. But despite speculation, there is no evidence that I am aware of that HS or BS were unfaithful.

No it hasn't and I am new at posting and making comments. So maybe I broke the rules. Sorry I can delete if I did. As I said, it was just something that crossed my mind and thought I would voice my opinion.

no problem Joy. We are all speculating here, including whether or not LE is making any progress on being able to arrest someone for these murders.

in fairness it was her dream home, not Barrys iirc.
No reason she couldn’t have retained the new home if their marriage broke up. But despite speculation, there is no evidence that I am aware of that HS or BS were unfaithful.
@ldlager Yes, & there were reports (from fam or friends?) of BS considering a substantial transfer of money to HS. Several hundred million dollars?

If separation or divorce talk was in the air?
For HS - her dream home and ................... $ ..... X00,000,000 ?
For BS - the 'old' 12,000 sf home and .... $ X,000,000,000 or $ XX,000,000,000? Plus 10 yr old car;) he drove.

Thinking aloud, not concluding anything, just considering possibilities. my2ct.

@ldlager Yes, & there were reports (from fam or friends?) of BS considering a substantial transfer of money to HS. Several hundred million dollars?

If separation or divorce talk was in the air?
For HS - her dream home and ................... $ ..... X00,000,000 ?
For BS - the 'old' 12,000 sf home and .... $ X,000,000,000 or $ XX,000,000,000? Plus 10 yr old car;) he drove.

Thinking aloud, not concluding anything, just considering possibilities. my2ct.
But the current house was for sale.

Tranferring money/ property into spouses name is a common strategy for wealthy people to protect themselves from taxes, either taxes on income, or capital gains tax. It's something you would only do with a very trusted spouse.
Invest in your spouse's name to save on taxes
I imagine BS was working with a tax/wealth advisor or lawyer. That person would talk to police but not to KD.

We know that speculation is what we do on Websleuths, and I respect every member's comments, if I agree or not, because it adds another person's perspective which is important. But we have to keep in mind that any speculation should be based on a reasonable premise. I wanted to address the speculation that Honey was having an affair which could have been a motive for the double murders, and how that theory may not be reasonable (in my opinion). I have listed some info to consider below, which I feel refutes any reasonable likelihood of Honey having an affair.

Consider the fact of who Honey spent any spare time with:

KD's book (page 67) relates stories from Honey's two best "golf girl" friends. The three best girlfriends and their families travelled together when their kids were young to ski vacations and to Florida in the winter. Once their kids were adults, the three women travelled together on golf trips, often two or three times a year. Their last golf trip together was to South Carolina, just a month before Honey was murdered.

Consider the fact of Honey's crazy busy schedule (outside of seeing her children and grandchildren):

The last weeks of Honey’s life were crammed, as always, with her work on more than a dozen charity boards, among them the UJA, York University Foundation and Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies. In late November, she flew to Ottawa to receive a “Senate 150th Anniversary Medal” in recognition of her volunteer work, bestowed by her good friend Sen. Frum.
Endless court battles, angry relatives and shady players: the truth about Barry Sherman

Consider the fact of Honey's age (70) and her physical ailments:

KD's book (page 72) referencing the November golf trip, "In the preceding decade, she had pushed through throat cancer, two hip replacements, a shoulder replacement, perpetually sore feet and severe rheumatoid arthritis.

We know that speculation is what we do on Websleuths, and I respect every member's comments, if I agree or not, because it adds another person's perspective which is important. But we have to keep in mind that any speculation should be based on a reasonable premise. I wanted to address the speculation that Honey was having an affair which could have been a motive for the double murders, and how that theory may not be reasonable (in my opinion). I have listed some info to consider below, which I feel refutes any reasonable likelihood of Honey having an affair.

Consider the fact of who Honey spent any spare time with:

KD's book (page 67) relates stories from Honey's two best "golf girl" friends. The three best girlfriends and their families travelled together when their kids were young to ski vacations and to Florida in the winter. Once their kids were adults, the three women travelled together on golf trips, often two or three times a year. Their last golf trip together was to South Carolina, just a month before Honey was murdered.

Consider the fact of Honey's crazy busy schedule (outside of seeing her children and grandchildren):

The last weeks of Honey’s life were crammed, as always, with her work on more than a dozen charity boards, among them the UJA, York University Foundation and Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies. In late November, she flew to Ottawa to receive a “Senate 150th Anniversary Medal” in recognition of her volunteer work, bestowed by her good friend Sen. Frum.
Endless court battles, angry relatives and shady players: the truth about Barry Sherman

Consider the fact of Honey's age (70) and her physical ailments:

KD's book (page 72) referencing the November golf trip, "In the preceding decade, she had pushed through throat cancer, two hip replacements, a shoulder replacement, perpetually sore feet and severe rheumatoid arthritis.

Good summary of details! I’ll admit I’m missing the point about how an extramarital affair by Honey would become a motive for a targeted double murder. This might’ve been mentioned long ago regarding a raging m/s occurring but we’re well beyond that now.

Good summary of details! I’ll admit I’m missing the point about how an extramarital affair by Honey would become a motive for a targeted double murder. This might’ve been mentioned long ago regarding a raging m/s occurring but we’re well beyond that now.

It's a theory that has been discussed in the past 24 hours.

Given there is zero evidence to support the theory, and given everything known or reported about HS (her devotion to her husband, in particular), I feel this particular speculation is offensive and damaging to her memory.

Given there is zero evidence to support the theory, and given everything known or reported about HS (her devotion to her husband, in particular), I feel this particular speculation is offensive and damaging to her memory.
I will drop my speculation at this point as I dont want to offend anyone. I was thinking along the lines of this whole situation being more simple than all the other bizarre theories out there. I will sit back and be quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en