CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this statement, not sure what to make of it at this point. imo.
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...ren-of-barry-and-honey-sherman-887749171.html
''Statement From the Four Children of Barry and Honey Sherman''
''TORONTO, June 11, 2021 /CNW/ - The four children of Barry and Honey Sherman are committed to honouring their parents' legacy. They have expressed their confidence in and support for the leadership team of the family business. They are united in their grief over the death of their parents and in their support of the efforts of the Toronto Police Service to find the person, or persons, responsible for these terrible crimes. They will not make any further public comment at this time and request that their privacy be respected.

SOURCE Longview Communications

rt.gif

For further information: Media: sherman.inquiries@longviewcomms.ca''

Statement From the Four Children of Barry and Honey Sherman
''TORONTO, June 11, 2021 /CNW/ - The four children of Barry and Honey Sherman are committed to honouring their parents' legacy. They have expressed their confidence in and support for the leadership team of the family business. They are united in their grief over the death of their parents and in their support of the efforts of the Toronto Police Service to find the person, or persons, responsible for these terrible crimes. They will not make any further public comment at this time and request that their privacy be respected.

rt.gif

That’s a great find!

But oddly no press picked it up. I wondered how they might try to mitigate the family fallout in the press. I thought Jonathon might sit for an interview with the CBC, or a media outlet he likes, and clear things up.

It’s nice that they say they’re united, but it might be helpful for them to address each public statement directly. Does Alex still think Jonathon was involved? Is Alex still worried that Jonathon might shoot her? Does Jonathon still want fellow trustee and Sherfam president Alex Glasenberg fired?

I know my interests enter into things that are none of my business, but Jonathon himself said his own sister believes he’s behind the murders and that his sisters believed Alex thought that he might kill her. I think after making those statements they should give a more detailed explanation as to how they arose and were resolved, if in fact they have.

Last edited:
Why are they making this statement now, 3 and 1/2 years after BS & HS were found? Has something changed? Are they stating anything new, or requesting anything new from MSM, LE, and the public? Are they maybe saying: “It’s over. The estate has been settled, the double homicide investigation is stalled, it’s getting hot in the kitchen (we take back what we said about JS), now leave us alone.”? Just trying to decipher what otherwise seems to be a very unnecessary statement

Why are they making this statement now, 3 and 1/2 years after BS & HS were found? Has something changed? Are they stating anything new, or requesting anything new from MSM, LE, and the public? Are they maybe saying: “It’s over. The estate has been settled, the double homicide investigation is stalled, it’s getting hot in the kitchen (we take back what we said about JS), now leave us alone.”? Just trying to decipher what otherwise seems to be a very unnecessary statement

Longview Communications, and the family must have felt there has been too much speculation of discord in the family.

To me, this strikes of the situation when a majour sports team owner publicly endorses his team's manager. You know that individual is on thin ice.

When a family says everything is 'hunky-dory' you know it isn't.

When I first read this PR 'communication', it sounded like something that would've come awhile back, not recently, however that seems to NOT be the case, considering the date. It seems this PR firm deals with acquisitions and mergers (among other things), etc., however if a PR firm needs/has/wants to be hired and that is the 'communication', it seems more related to 'personal', rather than corporate, imho. I went looking yesterday to see if I could find anything recently written on any of Apo's top dogs, but didn't find anything. Wondering if they have 'lost' (fired?) another top player? Considering this communication came out a few weeks ago, surely we'd have heard by now if that was the case. We know the beneficiaries have been trying to sell the company for some years... is the fam finding it difficult to sell due to perceived internal infighting/disagreements? Two months before *this* communication, there was a positive announcement made by Jordan Berman, VP, Global Corporate Affairs.. why not send out *this* communication from a known company executive as well?
Government of Canada Awards Apotex Inc. a Significant Contract to Supply a Safety Net of Additional Dexamethasone in Canada

not sure why people are so dismissive of M/S..... TPD went with it for at least a month even given that it was "obvious" to any observer that this wasn't M/S... and if BS/HS were poor immigrants, i think it would have been judged M/S permanently

"an M/S accomplice" is a reasonable (one of hundreds) basic theory. .......... i can't really see any of the 3 main "accomplice candidates" (in my mind... 1 is family. 2 are business-related) actually doing this

a "one of hundreds" theory i contribute is something to do with doing business in eastern europe. and in this i think BS would have been innocent of wrong-doing. but perhaps he held up a large cash payment for some russian mafia types that he didn't know he was ultimately dealing with when he commenced selling in eastern europe. sorry, bad grammar.

I also came across this article yesterday which was published half a year after the murders, which I don't recall seeing before.

Apotex next: Can Barry Sherman’s company thrive again?
My understanding of it: When BS got murdered, it seems to have been high time to stop him from further ruining Apotex with his "old fashioned (?) Barry-strategies". Simply said.
.-.-.-
BS had 2 wills and put down in writing, at which age exactly his 4 children should get their inheritence and what amount of §§ each time. But he didn't have a plan for his "main purpose of life" and his real "baby" Apotex. I wonder.

Statement From the Four Children of Barry and Honey Sherman

rt.gif

This is from your link above dotr.

"Longview Communications & Public Affairs provides trusted advice and expert support across four practice areas: corporate and financial communications, public affairs, special situations and design & branding."

IMO this follows Apotex news released and it is business-related and they took advantage to show a united front and then close the door for any follow-up comments. Maybe the families way to say - do not believe everything you read or hear - (I know JS/KD interview comes to mind but interviews can be edited to appear one is making a statement or answer to a question and look really suspect, when it was manipulated to appear that way, the answer or reaction was really from another question not shared.)

not sure why people are so dismissive of M/S..... TPD went with it for at least a month even given that it was "obvious" to any observer that this wasn't M/S... and if BS/HS were poor immigrants, i think it would have been judged M/S permanently

"an M/S accomplice" is a reasonable (one of hundreds) basic theory. .......... i can't really see any of the 3 main "accomplice candidates" (in my mind... 1 is family. 2 are business-related) actually doing this

a "one of hundreds" theory i contribute is something to do with doing business in eastern europe. and in this i think BS would have been innocent of wrong-doing. but perhaps he held up a large cash payment for some russian mafia types that he didn't know he was ultimately dealing with when he commenced selling in eastern europe. sorry, bad grammar.

Can you guys who think ‘m/s with an assistant’ is plausible pull any links to support the scenario?

From Donovan’s book (pg 58 of my ebook), Dr. Mary Case, a chief medical examiner and pathology professor, said if the Shermans’ deaths were a murder-suicide by hanging, it would be the first in recorded history.
672F52B1-AF67-4C74-ADEA-E78574A7C6F0.png

FWIW..
Homicidal hanging masquerading as suicide - PubMed
''Homicidal hanging is rare and presents special problems for the forensic pathologist. We report a case of homicide by hanging masquerading as suicide, in which the forensic evidence was of crucial importance. The victim was a 61 years old man, who was found in his house suspended by a rope around his neck. The autopsy showed fresh bruises due to blunt trauma. Moreover, a voluminous subdural haematoma with brain swelling was found which indicated that the victim was unconscious at the time of the hanging. An obvious vital reaction consisting of cutaneous bleeding in the ligature mark supported the opinion that the deceased was alive and not dead at the time of the hanging. The estimation of the time of death was of great importance, as only one other person could have been present at the estimated time interval. This person was later sentenced to prison for manslaughter.''

Homicidal strangulation and subsequent hanging of the victim to simulate suicide: Delayed elucidation based on reassessment of the autopsy findings - PubMed
Dorothee Geisenberger 1 , Stefan Pollak 2 , Annette Thierauf-Emberger 2
2019 Mar 9.
''In many countries, hanging is the most common suicide method. When a person is found hanged however, one always has to consider that the alleged suicide scene possibly covers up a homicide. In such cases, hanging may have been the actual method of killing or the victim may have been harmed by a different method and was subsequently hanged. Apart from the inspection of the scene, the autopsy findings are of great importance to differentiate between suicide and homicide. Up to now, a considerable number of cases have been observed in which suicide by hanging was wrongly assumed at first. In the case presented, there were some facts raising doubts about a suicidal act already at scene. Nevertheless the forensic pathologists erroneously assumed that the findings on the corpse were consistent with suicide. The later elucidation of the case as a homicide by manual strangulation with subsequent suspension of the victim was essentially based on a new assessment of the autopsy findings in a second opinion.''

Can you guys who think ‘m/s with an assistant’ is plausible pull any links to support the scenario?

From Donovan’s book (pg 58 of my ebook), Dr. Mary Case, a chief medical examiner and pathology professor, said if the Shermans’ deaths were a murder-suicide by hanging, it would be the first in recorded history.
View attachment 306309

Great reference to Dr. Case's assessment which explains why we have never found online data of a case involving murder/suicide where both parties were hanged. As Dr. Case stated a M/S by hanging would be the first case recorded in history.

There are no prior examples for what happened to the Sherman's, let alone the ridiculous odds that BS called in an accomplice to help him kill himself.

"As Dr. Case stated a M/S by hanging would be the first case recorded in history. There are no prior examples for what happened to the Sherman's, let alone the ridiculous odds that BS called in an accomplice to help him kill himself."

But this fact will not sway some people believing it was a M/S.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
"As Dr. Case stated a M/S by hanging would be the first case recorded in history. There are no prior examples for what happened to the Sherman's, let alone the ridiculous odds that BS called in an accomplice to help him kill himself."

But this fact will not sway some people believing it was a M/S.

< modsnip>

I see what you did there! ...No amount of reasoning or evidence will change a person's beliefs.

I see what you did there! ...No amount of reasoning or evidence will change a person's beliefs.

<modsnip> I’m a student of history. I believe in freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and free markets. I’m fine with somebody thinking M/S, or having an opinion which is different than mine, on anything. They’re welcome to express it too. Doesn’t mean I have to agree. We can have a free and open dialog and debate.

<modsnip>
JMO

<modsnip> I’m a student of history. I believe in freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and free markets. I’m fine with somebody thinking M/S, or having an opinion which is different than mine, on anything. They’re welcome to express it too. Doesn’t mean I have to agree. We can have a free and open dialog and debate.

<modsnip>
JMO

My response got deleted because the original comment got mod snipped. Nobody was shutting down the member for their belief in the M/S theory. Opinions are not evidence and if a member is going to promote such a theory, they need to back it up with evidence. Pulling the 'criticism of the M/S theory is denial of free speech and borders on implied Nazism' card is not 'free and open dialogue.' [edited for clarity]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member