CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this was not the 'suspects' first event of this type. Chances are that he and his team have carried out killings like this before, and that he got away with them, because he was walking freely on the streets of Toronto.

I also believe that some International Law Enforcement or Espionage agency has a picture of him, and possibly some background info as well, based on the likelihood of his previous activities. I would think and hope the TPS and the RCMP have made enquiries with different international agencies.

Of course if the suspect is Russian or from a similar country, those countries will likely not be much help. The USA with their vast intelligence networks probably know who it is. Can they be persuaded to help the TPS.

Many of us are assuming that the walk, gait and arm swing are a result of natural or explainable causes and not a deception.

Consider how much effort the perpetrators have made to avoid being caught. Minimal forensic evidence, complex and confusing crime staging, no witnesses. I therefore tend to believe the gait etc. is likely a ruse. Naturally as humans when we focus on one aspect of another human being, we are blind to all others. Imagine how many people saw this man in 2017 and the only thing they remember about him is his walk.

BTW, still curious if the Stubbs Apartment building had a garbage incinerator back then. Anybody know?

I'm wondering who turned off the security system?

According to a CBC article "The housekeeper and trainer were first to arrive, around 8:25 a.m., and told police the couple's house alarm was off. They thought that was odd — it was the first time they had seen the alarm deactivated in the three years they had been working there."
Did that mean BS and HS always had the security system on even when at home? Why did they find this odd?? I have no knowledge of security systems and I just assume they are off when you are at home??

According to a CBC article "The housekeeper and trainer were first to arrive, around 8:25 a.m., and told police the couple's house alarm was off. They thought that was odd — it was the first time they had seen the alarm deactivated in the three years they had been working there."
Did that mean BS and HS always had the security system on even when at home? Why did they find this odd?? I have no knowledge of security systems and I just assume they are off when you are at home??

I presume the security alarm was off because realtors were bringing clients through the house.

Security systems can be activated by zone -- window latches, exterior doors, etc.

I thought it was odd to have a gardener coming around in the middle of winter. Aside from snow removal from the heated driveway and putting up Christmas lights (not), what is there to do?

Security systems can be activated by zone -- window latches, exterior doors, etc.

I thought it was odd to have a gardener coming around in the middle of winter. Aside from snow removal from the heated driveway and putting up Christmas lights (not), what is there to do?

Could be trimming tree branches. We just did some of this last week.

I totally agree with you regarding the personal element of these murders. Whether they were committed by a hired killer or by individuals who harbored animosity toward the Sherman's it's undeniable to me the personal aspect.

I also believe that the two murders, at their heart, arose from different elements. I believe one was revenge and the other for pleasure. Initially, I believed Honey was collateral damage but I don't feel that way anymore.

It could be that Honey was the target and Barry was the secondary target.

Barry's Canadian Tire belt? Really? That would have been my first clue that something was not right. I bought one and it broke after two wearings. That belt could not have strangled anyone, let alone my waist.

As for symbolism, the CT belt seems like an insult about cheapness.

The housekeeper and personal trainer would have expected that the alarm would have been set on Thursday night before the Shermans went to sleep—but they were murdered on Wednesday evening/night.

Kevin Donovan believes Honey was attacked when she arrived home on Wednesday. So it’s possible she turned the alarm off when she first entered the home prior to being attacked. (*If* it was set prior to her arriving home on Wednesday—we don’t know many details.)

She tended to the indoor plants. I think she came twice a week.

I also believe that some International Law Enforcement or Espionage agency has a picture of him, and possibly some background info as well, based on the likelihood of his previous activities. I would think and hope the TPS and the RCMP have made enquiries with different international agencies.

Of course if the suspect is Russian or from a similar country, those countries will likely not be much help. The USA with their vast intelligence networks probably know who it is. Can they be persuaded to help the TPS.

Many of us are assuming that the walk, gait and arm swing are a result of natural or explainable causes and not a deception.

Consider how much effort the perpetrators have made to avoid being caught. Minimal forensic evidence, complex and confusing crime staging, no witnesses. I therefore tend to believe the gait etc. is likely a ruse. Naturally as humans when we focus on one aspect of another human being, we are blind to all others. Imagine how many people saw this man in 2017 and the only thing they remember about him is his walk.

If someone from Russia lived in the area and saw that walk, they might know that this is something they should turn their backs on, and say nothing about.

If we look at the U.S. government in place in 2017, it's likely no help would be forthcoming for the TPS, or even national security, IMO. It's 2021 now, though.

Endless court battles, angry relatives and shady players: the truth about Barry Sherman

Just to refresh everyone's memory...he had a lot of dealings in other countries and pissed off a lot of people. Organized crime usually runs through big corporations like Apotex somehow, even if most are unaware. They tend to have their hands into everything.

As Maclean’s first reported, Apotex fired—then sued—Mulazim Hussain, a company chemist, 11 months before the murders because Hussain allegedly stole millions of dollars’ worth of drug formulations from two laboratory computers in hopes of building a rival factory in his native Pakistan. Hussain has denied any wrongdoing. Six months later, Apotex was slapped with its own accusations of corporate espionage by the U.S. division of Israel’s Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., the world’s largest generic drug-maker. In that lawsuit, Teva claims one of its former employees was in a “romantic relationship” with Apotex CEO Jeremy Desai, and leaked proprietary information to her boyfriend. Both Apotex and Desai (who abruptly resigned six weeks after the murders) have filed statements of defence, denying the allegations.

So here we have Pakistan and Israel, I'm sure he probably had dealing in Russia too.

It could be that Honey was the target and Barry was the secondary target.

Barry's Canadian Tire belt? Really? That would have been my first clue that something was not right. I bought one and it broke after two wearings. That belt could not have strangled anyone, let alone my waist.

As for symbolism, the CT belt seems like an insult about cheapness.

If Honey had bought Barry a 60 dollar belt he'd tell her to take it back, just like he did with the new car she bought him. Barry was idiosyncratic in his parsimonious ways. He's spend millions on FD's movie projects but balk at items he thought were uselessly ostentatious.

He did have dealings in Russia
Apotex ties up with 7 Chemicals to market 30 drugs in Russia, CIS countries

Apotex ties up with 7 Chemicals to market 30 drugs in Russia, CIS countries

"We have an extensive drug distribution network in Russia with offices in Moscow, Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan with a good marketing team and warehouses. Apotex will be able to leverage our strength in that area" Rakesh, director, 7 Chemicals told Pharmabiz.

He said the Russian and CIS drug market is valued about $ 10 billion, which includes a $ 6 billion Russian market. 7 Chemicals has also started an office in Canada, he said.

There is no mention of BS in this article, but I am assuming it's him as Apotex is his company and he teamed up with 7 chemicals...they are in Russia so I wonder how involved BS was in Russia dealings??

Edit** I know I'm just throwing this stuff out there, but maybe worth a thought...it isn't as far fetched as we think. He was involved with a lot of companies who had dealings with some countries that do have some bad reputations and known hit men. Far fetched, I know....but just maybe???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member