CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone wanted to kill the Shermans and wanted to make it look like a suicide they could have done a much better job at the cover-up
a) A typewritten suicide note, would be most appropriate.
b) Both victims in bed, looking peaceful.
c) Injected with quick acting poison, with syringes lying on bed. It would appear that Barry injected Honey first then himself.
d) Victims cleaned up, no signs of struggle.

Investigators would have a real problem believing a double homicide.
The fact bodies were moved to pool room and staged with the victims' coats on, tells another story.

I agree, there were better ways. But what story does it tell? I'm literally still confused.

In recent news, a Russian billionaire was found hanging at his home in the UK, he was not the only one...
Some think it was a suicide, others are sure it was a hit, for obvious reasons i wonder if there was a connection somehow to the Sherman murders.
If true, and there is some kind of info that LE need from Russia, would all bets be off at this point?
Also posted on the Ukraine thread, fwiw, imo, speculation.

March 2 2022
rbbm.
Ukrainian-born tycoon who was found hanged in Surrey mansion 'feared he was on Putin hit list' | Daily Mail Online
''A female neighbour of Mikhail Watford, 66, said the property mogul - who made his fortune in oil and gas - feared he was a prime target for the warring Russian president in the months leading up to his death.
The body of Mr Watford was found Monday at his home in the luxury Wentworth Estate in Virginia Water, where properties sell for up to £20million.
The neighbour also told the Sun that Mr Watford, known as Misha, had been a friend of Russian billionaire Boris Berezovsky, who was found hanged at his home in Ascot, Berkshire, in 2013.
She claimed Mr Watford had told her that Berezovsky was murdered by an intelligence agency.''

View attachment 335792
4 days ago
Ukrainian-born tycoon Mikhail ...
tsbnews.co

This is a repost, also a hanging, I believe you pointed out before (bbm):

“The prominent Kremlin critic Nikolai Glushkov was strangled at his home in south-west London by an unknown assailant who wrapped a dog lead around his neck in a crude attempt to “simulate” the appearance of suicide, an inquest heard.

Glushkov’s body was discovered on 12 March 2018 at his suburban home in New Malden. His daughter Natalia Glushkova told the hearing that she and Glushkov’s partner, Denis Trushin, had called round that evening after growing concerned.

They discovered Glushkov lying face down in the hallway. A “red dog lead” had been double-looped around his neck. There were “marks” and obvious signs of bruising, the inquest heard. A small two-step ladder was found next to his body, as well as a blue rope on the staircase.

A postmortem, however, found signs Glushkov had been murdered. These included fractures to his larynx and hyoid bones, as well as superficial injuries to his face. A paramedic who came to the scene, Dominic Beil, said he immediately called the police because he felt the scene was suspicious.

Beil said that in suicide cases the ladder was typically kicked over but in this case remained upright. He said he found Glushkova sobbing in the kitchen. Glushkov was dressed in a green polo shirt and tracksuit bottoms and was clearly dead, he said….

His killer tried to stage a suicide, but the pathology evidence saw right through that.”
Murder of Kremlin critic in London ‘was made to look like suicide’ | UK news | The Guardian

I agree, there were better ways. But what story does it tell? I'm literally still confused.

If this was staged to appear as a m/s I think they had to make it look sudden. Maybe it was set up to look like they argued about something when Barry arrived home. Honey put on her coat and shoes and tried to leave and that’s where the argument escalated to where she is killed. He then killed himself.

The evidence refutes this and destroys any of the attempts of staging if this is what the killer was trying portray.

It looks like it may have bought the killer around at least a week of time between going from a m/s to a m/m which may have thrown off LE from the important first 48 hours in a murder case so that here we are after 4 years later with the video of the NW being released.

The fact bodies were moved to pool room and staged with the victims' coats on, tells another story.

This is the part that I get stuck in, the staging and what it is intended to "tell" and to WHOM is the message for? The message could have been to B&H themselves as they could have been alive and sitting "attached" to the railing. Or the message could have been to the rest of the family, who did immediately take extra precaution and added security, or it could have been to someone else for another reason totally.

The how they were killed, surprised or not by someone already in the home or they let them in tells us little to anything IMO.

I remember very early reports that the realtor said they looked like puppets, this has always stuck in my mind -hung up like puppets, this is probably one of the better descriptions we have heard from anyone that actually saw them positioned when found. Facing homeland during celebrations also seems very personal and religious.

Maybe this is why this room was chosen, (so they would be in the most NW or SE area of the home (not sure where the pool is on a compass) like a Fung Shui money tree plant, you need to be positioned facing a certain direction to bring money to your home, maybe this is a religious statement that HS's sister and family understood? I lean toward the pool room with coats on to confuse the time of death. LE are confident the time of death was 36hrs before they were found, I think NW and last know communication gives them this confidence. The gardener said the lips were purple and skin blue and rigor mortis would have been completing its process, she did not say they were stiff, the puppet comment makes me think they were limply hanging.

Rigor Mortis
In general: If the body feels warm and no rigor is present, death occurred under 3 hours before. If the body feels warm and stiff, death occurred 3-8 hours earlier. If the body feels cold and stiff, death occurred 8-36 hours Death and Kinetics.

What happens to the body 36 hours after death?

With the onset of putrefaction, rigor mortis passes off, and secondary relaxation occurs. Secondary relaxation occurs at around 36 hours after death due to the breakdown of the contracted muscles due to decomposition. Rigor mortis is the post mortem stiffening/ rigidity of the body.Jul 26, 2021

Postmortem Changes - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › books › NBK539741

https://juniperpublishers.com/jfsci/pdf/JFSCI.MS.ID.555771.pdf

I agree. And despite police telling us they have the NW on cctv going to and from the Sherman home they didn’t adjust the timeframe of the murders. It still stands between 9-12. It makes me think he spent those hours in the home.
Also if the deaths were 36 hours before that would be TOD around 11:30 pm Wed night. Both deaths are said to be 36 hrs, specific, not a range this is the only timeframe given. So either the murderer arrived later and had them dress as if to leave the home then decided to take them to the pool room to kill them, or he was in the home for 3 hours, inferring from LE reports and videos they have show suspect passing the last camera before the Shermans home at around 9pm, not showing up on the next camera on the street after the Sherman residence, thus stopped at the Shermans, then have the same individual coming into view at or just before midnight, within the last camera last seem and retracing the walk to the Shermans in the reverse direction.

I have mentioned my thoughts on this before and I will mention them again here.
JMO, I have NEVER thought the killer intended this to look like a m/s.

Even the people that found BS and HS stated they were murdered. It never entered their mind it was a m/s.

Why on earth the police thought that is beyond me. No one can kill themselves by hanging off a 3 or 4 foot pool raining. It is virtually impossible for this to happen if your an adult.

But I do agree it was totally staged for some reason.
1. BS glasses were on his face perfectly
2. His legs were crossed
3. Both in a semi seated position

The killer did that and took care to do that for some reason. The killer also hung them from that railing for some reason, and JMO I am thinking they were all ready dead when he hung them from that railing. Perverse/sick sense of humor maybe, or a way to embarrass them even in death?

Here is a great article detailing how the bodies appeared staged and they compare that to the statues.
Barry and Honey Sherman’s bodies were found posed like the sculptures in their basement

If this was staged to appear as a m/s I think they had to make it look sudden. Maybe it was set up to look like they argued about something when Barry arrived home. Honey put on her coat and shoes and tried to leave and that’s where the argument escalated to where she is killed. He then killed himself.

The evidence refutes this and destroys any of the attempts of staging if this is what the killer was trying portray.

Thanks, I get it now. It is staged to look like BS did not mean to kill HS, it just happened. Then to deal with it, he killed himself.

I'm not sure if I can ask this, but does KW think the M/S was planned beforehand or happened in a fit of rage?

I was reading this article that has lots of his statements.

Winter's own immediate reaction on learning of their deaths, he said was: '*advertiser censored**ing hell he finally did it. Barry finally killed the b****.'

Canadian tycoon Barry Sherman 'killed wife then himself' | Daily Mail Online

Even the people that found BS and HS stated they were murdered. It never entered their mind it was a m/s.

Why on earth the police thought that is beyond me. No one can kill themselves by hanging off a 3 or 4 foot pool raining. It is virtually impossible for this to happen if your an adult.

2. His legs were crossed

The killer did that and took care to do that for some reason. The killer also hung them from that railing for some reason, and JMO I am thinking they were all ready dead when he hung them from that railing. Perverse/sick sense of humor maybe, or a way to embarrass them even in death?

Here is a great article detailing how the bodies appeared staged and they compare that to the statues.
Barry and Honey Sherman’s bodies were found posed like the sculptures in their basement

I thought it was totally possible. <modsnip -off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this appear to be the work of someone whose first and second only kills these were or does this appear to be the work of someone who has already killed several others before? The fact that the killer took some time to move the bodies and pose them rather than just leave them where they were killed and leave the house right after killing them may provide a clue.

Does this appear to be the work of someone whose first and second only kills these were or does this appear to be the work of someone who has already killed several others before? The fact that the killer took some time to move the bodies and pose them rather than just leave them where they were killed and leave the house right after killing them may provide a clue.

If various MSM are correct, they think it was a hired hit man. So yes, they have killed in the past

got the answer already, thanks Lexiintoronto! it was for the ties.
Yes- I wasn't thinking at the time of my post that zip ties would specifically be something LE was looking for (given their initial thoughts of M/S) Instead, anything that they found in the drains on the street.

2. His legs were crossed

Agreed.

It looks like it may have bought the killer around at least a week of time between going from a m/s to a m/m which may have thrown off LE from the important first 48 hours in a murder case so that here we are after 4 years later with the video of the NW being released.
If the double murder was staged as M/S indeed, the killer would have known about Honey's and Barry's most important reason to have a very biiiig argument, IMO: the new mansion, Barry didn't want to move to. Nothing was closer in time than the meeting with architects and builders. If someone had faked M/S in mind, then he had to have also a REASON (for LE) in mind. Otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense. MOO

Sometimes families have 'stories' that are only known to the family members, and which have great meaning to them, that will be only shared among themselves.
Outsiders rarely hear these stories, and when they do, rarely understand them. I think this possibly might be what is happening in this situation.

Mom and dad really embarrassed us when they took us to a pool party and refused to go in the pool, and just sat around and gawked at everybody.
Who knows? This could be a distorted memory from some child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59