CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it likely means KD missed the narrative on a whole lot of people. Why would you assume LE would involve themselves in useless and pointless interviews?

KW is only interested in the info given by certain people who are most central to the investigation. And frankly, potentially the most likely suspects. Moo

LE was looking for someone, anyone, other than KW, to give them information that would help lend credence to their M/S conclusion.

Last edited:
No it likely means KD missed the narrative on a whole lot of people. Why would you assume LE would involve themselves in useless and pointless interviews?

KW is interested in the statements of the few people that he feels are the closest to this crime. And possibly the leading POIs in the case. Moo

LE was looking for someone, anyone, other than KW, to give them information that would help them validate their M/S hypothesis.

KW is interested in the statements of the few people that he feels are the closest to this crime. And possibly the leading POIs in the case. Moo

LE was looking for someone, anyone, other than KW, to give them information that would help them validate their M/S hypothesis.

I think you meant to write KD. Yes he’s only interested in the statements of the few people as his who-dun-it book has already driven speculation about those same few people. But he has no way of knowing if they are in fact the leading POIs.

Surely we know the autopsy process and work of forensic pathologists is responsible for determining a cause and manner of death? Police do not do it by undertaking a opinion poll during interviews but it can’t be said they were lax on attempting to learn everything they could about the lives and dynamics of the two people who were essentially unknown to them prior to being murdered. That’s not a waste of time, it’s known as due diligence.

The Judges ruling is what it is for good reason. JMO

Justice Leslie Pringle said she’s concerned that releasing additional police witness statements and theories of the case from search warrant documents would impact the integrity of the investigation.
Judge rules Barry and Honey Sherman murder case too sensitive to release more case documents

Imo, I think KD was saying the absence of those 3 statements, when others had been included in the released docs, was 'the elephant in the room', maybe I misunderstood though.

I may be wrong but I thought the only documents KD was successful in unsealing were ITOs attached to search warrants. But as none of the unsealed documents have ever been reproduced for the public, I’m only guessing. But if so, only fragments of select interviews were quoted by LE in support of the (unknown) search warrant, so IMO absence of 3 statements amongst over 200 others is quite meaningless….however leave it to KD to attempt to generate speculation.

I think you meant to write KD. Yes he’s only interested in the statements of the few people as his who-dun-it book has already driven speculation about those same few people. But he has no way of knowing if they are in fact the leading POIs.

Surely we know the autopsy process and work of forensic pathologists is responsible for determining a cause and manner of death? Police do not do it by undertaking a opinion poll during interviews but it can’t be said they were lax on attempting to learn everything they could about the lives and dynamics of the two people who were essentially unknown to them prior to being murdered. That’s not a waste of time, it’s known as due diligence.

The Judges ruling is what it is for good reason. JMO

Justice Leslie Pringle said she’s concerned that releasing additional police witness statements and theories of the case from search warrant documents would impact the integrity of the investigation.
Judge rules Barry and Honey Sherman murder case too sensitive to release more case documents

Sorry I meant KD thanks

What if it was several suspects or persons of interest that conspired together to do this by hiring someone given the many overlapping interests regarding money and/or revenge as motives?
To me, it would be too hard to keep it super secret in that case; one might get a big case of the guilts, or if police caught onto anything at all and started offering a greatly reduced sentence to one of them, that person might take it and out the others, .... even if they all made a pact. It also means more people would know their loved ones may have been unaccounted for on that evening, and risk one of them calling crimestoppers or something. More people involved means more people to screw some part of their role up. imo.

To me, it would be too hard to keep it super secret in that case; one might get a big case of the guilts, or if police caught onto anything at all and started offering a greatly reduced sentence to one of them, that person might take it and out the others, .... even if they all made a pact. It also means more people would know their loved ones may have been unaccounted for on that evening, and risk one of them calling crimestoppers or something. More people involved means more people to screw some part of their role up. imo.
No more than two or three and they would not have done it themselves. LE may have something slight on each but not enough individually but may have enough if added together as a whole. JMO

BS by requesting JS arrange with banks for first mortgages and repay BS $50 million, I believe this would be a very slow, laborious and difficult process for JS.
First he would have to present audited financial documents of his business's to the banks. The bank would require a full title search on each property, as well as a complete comprehensive value appraisal. The banks would be most curious about the existing mortgages provided by BS, and the actual purchase prices paid. This process can take months.

Most importantly the banks would want to know if JS's business generated enough cash flow to pay the monthly payments.

For someone who is used to getting funds by making a phone call; the process of re-mortgaging commercial property through banks can be extremely challenging and possibly humiliating.

BS by requesting JS arrange with banks for first mortgages and repay BS $50 million, I believe this would be a very slow, laborious and difficult process for JS.
First he would have to present audited financial documents of his business's to the banks. The bank would require a full title search on each property, as well as a complete comprehensive value appraisal. The banks would be most curious about the existing mortgages provided by BS, and the actual purchase prices paid. This process can take months.

Most importantly the banks would want to know if JS's business generated enough cash flow to pay the monthly payments.

For someone who is used to getting funds by making a phone call; the process of re-mortgaging commercial property through banks can be extremely challenging and possibly humiliating.

Irrespective, it appears they did virtually nothing to try and help BS with his request.

I wonder, if Barry in reality didn't need his money back, but finally wanted to put JS (AG too) in his place and teach him, how difficult it is to get along without father's "bank". Like some test or like a "little" chicane, because JS behaved so very know-it-all and bold. MOO

I wonder, if Barry in reality didn't need his money back, but finally wanted to put JS (AG too) in his place and teach him, how difficult it is to get along without father's "bank". Like some test or like a "little" chicane, because JS behaved so very know-it-all and bold. MOO
Did you mean AP instead of AG? While AP seems mostly dependent on JS who was dependent on BS, AP appears to come from a family with an old large successful hardware wholesale company.

I think you are prescient on this point. People talk about 'tipping points'. BS's money request could have been the impetus to active a dormant plan.

Did you mean AP instead of AG? While AP seems mostly dependent on JS who was dependent on BS, AP appears to come from a family with an old large successful hardware wholesale company.
I meant AP, sorry. Can't remember the initials of the AP and the husband well. :rolleyes::(

Adam Paulin is the Director of Business Development of Puzzle Pieces Idea Lab, Inc..

Is that "our" AP or a different person?

I think you are prescient on this point. People talk about 'tipping points'. BS's money request could have been the impetus to active a dormant plan.
One of the worst things to be faced with financially is for one's loans to be recalled by the bank or lender ahead of when they would be due for repayment. This is something that would be devastating to any borrower of money.

This incident helps to explain how wanted hit men may travel across Canada and how much they can make per murder.

“On Saturday, four men, including two pilots, died after a four-seat Piper PA 28-140 crashed in a forested area near Sioux Lookout, Ont.

Two of the men were wanted on gang murder charges, including Duncan Bailey, 37, who, court records show, has a long history of drug trafficking and organized crime-related offences in both Alberta and B.C. …

…The second man wanted on warrants was Gene Karl Lahrkamp, a suspected international hitman and former Canadian military member who was accused of executing a former high-level B.C. gangster in Thailand.

Until his death on Saturday, there was a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of Lahrkamp, who was the No. 2 most wanted man in Canada. …

…In 2021, Bailey was accused of receiving nearly $400,000 — seized from a home in Okotoks — in payment for the attempt on Hussain's life. That money is now the subject of forfeiture proceedings in B.C.…”

They don’t know yet how the two pilots are connected to the two criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en