Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to keep up with this thread; apologies if I missed something obvious, as this confuses me a little.

Will someone "explain like I'm 5" the significance of these stories and possible ties?

Wouldn't most homes in the Shermans' neighborhood (and even the area) have basements? Similarly, wouldn't neighbors include affluent members of similar occupations, like bankers, real estate developers, etc? Birds of a feather, so to speak.

Is there an implication that the controversial business meetings were happening in the same general neighborhoods, or do these posts ask the hypothetical that the Shermans (or Mr. Sherman, specifically) could have been involved in them? Do you think they also could have happened at the Shermans' homes?

I'd like to better consider/study this angle.

Halp. LOL.

(and thank you!)

What I got from that article is since Mr. Sherman likely helped finance the 2nd mortgage for Mr. M (developer of the One Condos) I hope he knew the alleged threats, shady dealings of the former $ backer of Mr. M (who felt threatened and had supposed death threats to him). Just got my ears perked up when I read some of the wild goings on that were mentioned in the article. (even a hanging was eluded to) JMO

What I got from that article is since Mr. Sherman likely helped finance the 2nd mortgage for Mr. M (developer of the One Condos) I hope he knew the alleged threats, shady dealings of the former $ backer of Mr. M (who felt threatened and had supposed death threats to him). Just got my ears perked up when I read some of the wild goings on that were mentioned in the article. (even a hanging was eluded to) JMO

Thanks again for bringing that article forward Peace777!

Ettucroquet? I find it confusing and difficult to follow as well. Of course our home have basements LOL. The threatening meetings happened in the basement of a home in the Bridle Path, another affluent neighbourhood in Toronto. And there is the hanging....

Thank you! Ah, that's useful info, Otto! It clears up some of my curiosity. Where I live in the US, there's just too much rock/heavy hard clay/shale to have basements for every home.

I'm not sure police have fully ruled out murder and/or conspiracy?

MSM and law enforcement sources I've read say the Shermans died by ligature strangulation and that their deaths are "suspicious" and "mysterious." Family members recently hired private investigators, too.

If it was clearly a murder-suicide, would police still be investigating it at all? Serious question.

All houses in Canada have basements. It's necessary because of the cold weather. I can't help you with any of the theories related to conspiracy and murder. Police are at this time investigating the deaths as a murder suicide.

RBBM

Not true. Plenty of houses without basements exist across Canada.

Okay. In the olden days, before modern houses were invented, Canadians built houses without basements. They soon realized that without a basement, home heating was a problem. They discovered that by building the house on a foundation that was a minimum for four feet below grade, many heating problems were solved. From that point on, Canadians who wanted to reduce home heating costs ensured that their homes had a basement, or at the very least, a crawl space.

There are indeed homes in Canada that do not have a basement, however that is not the norm and residential homes without basements are not modern.

Thank you, matou! I feel a little silly; now that y'all say it out loud, it's so stinking obvious why all Canadian homes would have basements! LOL. Where I live in the U.S., the ground is such that sometimes it's impossible to have basements in every home, even in neighborhoods in which most homes have basements. In general, most homes here do not have them.

Thanks again for bringing that article forward Peace777!

Ettucroquet? I find it confusing and difficult to follow as well. Of course our home have basements LOL. The threatening meetings happened in the basement of a home in the Bridle Path, another affluent neighbourhood in Toronto. And there is the hanging....

I live in a rural area on a lake. I have a basement. Many movie stars have year-round residences here but don't use them year-round. I can attest to the fact that many homes do NOT have basements. Some, at the most, have crawl spaces.

Named police sources have said that the cause of death is ligature strangulation, that the deaths are being investigated as a murder suicide, and that there are no outstanding suspects. Unnamed police sources have provided additional information regarding where the bodies were found, the posture of the bodies, that a belt was used as a weapon, when the bodies were found, who found the bodies, that there was no note, that the last email was sent at 8:30PM on Wednesday evening, that the couple was planning to vacation in Florida, that they were departing on different days, and so on. We can figure out for ourselves that the deaths occurred on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning. I don't need anyone to explain to me that information published in the media and attributed to police sources is mere "speculation" for the simple reason that I do trust news outlets such as CBC and other Canadian news outlets. That is, I do believe that they were planning to vacation in Florida even though this information was not provided by a named police source. Please do not feel any further need to "explain" to me that referenced police "sources" should not be trusted.

The debate about whether news is "fake" seems better suited for another discussion. If the objective in contributing to this discussion is merely to announce that everything published in the news cannot be believed, therefore we should believe something that has not been published (e.g.: intruder murder scenario), that, in my humble opinion, belongs to the discussion about "fake" news. That is, questioning whether information attributed to police sources is valid is not unique to this discussion.
I'm of the opinion that source information has a place in this discussion. It should be taken with a grain of salt or two, however. I think what is confusing for most people here, is that we have sources leaking certain theories, then we have official detectives making official statements. TPS has publicly stated that they are treating the investigation as suspicious, and that all avenues of death will be explored, including double suicide, murder suicide, and double homicide.

<modsnip>

THANK YOU! I appreciate your straightforward, simple explanation. Now things are clicking; pieces are falling together.

Yes, it is totally plausible, imo, that all of this is connected. I think you're spot-on.

THANK YOU! I appreciate your straightforward, simple explanation. Now things are clicking; pieces are falling together.

Yes, it is totally plausible, imo, that all of this is connected. I think you're spot-on.

Reminds me of the saying "Money is the route of all evil". Follow the $. (if their deaths are deemed murder)

If it was double murder, I can only think that if they took just Barry out, staged as a suicide, or just murdered, while Honey was in Florida, Barry knew who wanted him silenced and so did Honey. She would instinctively automatically know who did it and would not have been quiet about it. It's probably not the kind of conversation Barry would have had with many people because people tend to think talk like that is paranoia, but his wife would know. She was politically aware and active.

If it was double murder, this was not the kind of killer or brute you may be able to find and pay to do your dirty work from a gang of hardened street criminals. To get into the house undetected, scope the layout, know the Sherman's movements, be meticulous about not leaving behind a trace, it was top level, secret services. IMO.

The Shermans' support of the Liberal Party, and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, was more controversial than I had realized. Below is a link to an article, from 2015, that explains some of the political connections and concerns regarding the Shermans. I am not drawing any conclusions, but it does show that they were involved politically in Canada at the highest levels, and were active in fund raising. IMO

http://www.cjnews.com/perspectives/opinions/guest-voice-ill-jdl-protest-outside-barry-sh

Also speaking as a professionally trained and career journalist, not everyone associated with the police department, however tangentially, is referred to as a "police source." Technically or otherwise.

I think I understand your point though (I hope I do, anyway, please correct me if I'm wrong!) &#8212; being that you give less credence to off-the-record sources. Totally agree with you there.

If there's an "unnamed source" who wants to go on the record, at least two such sources are more reliable than one. It's especially important to corroborate off-the-record sources, and, rightfully, when that isn't done, readers can and should be more skeptical of the unnamed source's accuracy and motivation.

rbbm

My problem with the term &#8220;police source&#8221; as a professionally trained journalist is that anyone who claims an affiliation with the police, such as a family member of an officer, can technically be called a &#8220;police source&#8221;. No one said that source saw anything. Is it ethical? No. Is it legal? In most countries, yes. Hence why I don&#8217;t give credence to unnamed sources that are unwilling to give a statement on the record when referring to an investigation.

Also speaking as a professionally trained and career journalist, not everyone associated with the police department, however tangentially, is referred to as a "police source." Technically or otherwise.

I think I understand your point though (I hope I do, anyway, please correct me if I'm wrong!) — being that you give less credence to off-the-record sources. Totally agree with you there.

If there's an "unnamed source" who wants to go on the record, at least two such sources are more reliable than one. It's especially important to corroborate off-the-record sources, and, rightfully, when that isn't done, readers can and should be more skeptical of the unnamed source's accuracy and motivation.

rbbm

Yes this exactly. We don’t know WHO these so called “police sources” are, and since they are not willing to go on record, it is at this moment theory or speculation based on the facts that they presently have. This makes sense considering it is an active investigation. I was trying to clarify that information attributed to “police sources” is NOT the equivalent of official statements made by a named detective, officer, spokesperson from the police.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone happen to know the date when the home at 91 Old Forest Hill Rd was demolished?

<modsnip>

If police were only investigating the theory that Barry murdered Honey and then took his own life, do you suppose they would be checking the roof, storm sewers, towing away their cars, and canvassing the neighborhood for video footage? The lack of a formal police update doesn't mean we can't observe and deduce that police are investigating beyond the murder-suicide theory that was advanced on day one.

And not just on the streets adjacent to Old Colony Rd., where billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife Honey were found dead Dec. 15, but also on streets a couple of blocks away...

But neighbours in the area tell The Toronto Sun that officers have been politely asking for video surveillance files from in and around Dec. 14 &#8212; the day the Shermans are believed to have died from ligature neck compression.

Residents say police are interested in potential footage of street movements of both pedestrians and vehicles.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...investigation-expands-to-neighbouring-streets

The Shermans' support of the Liberal Party, and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, was more controversial than I had realized. Below is a link to an article, from 2015, that explains some of the political connections and concerns regarding the Shermans. I am not drawing any conclusions, but it does show that they were involved politically in Canada at the highest levels, and were active in fund raising. IMO

http://www.cjnews.com/perspectives/opinions/guest-voice-ill-jdl-protest-outside-barry-sh

I would just like to add another post to the one above. This one mentions Apotec's involvement in the marketing of medical marijuana. As we all know, it was Prime Minister Justin Trudeau who championed the cause of legalization for this formally illegal substance. Barry Sherman, being as experienced and brilliant as he was, I imagine saw many of the future possibilities for big pharma to make billions, and would have very likely, in my opinion, been happy to host large fund raisers in his home, on behalf of Justin Trudeau, which he did not only in 2015, but just recently before he and his wife, Honey were found dead in their home. Where all the political connections, and deal making goes, I have no idea, but it certainly could lead to making enemies, and having a hit put out on the Shermans. IMO

Reminds me of the saying "Money is the route of all evil". Follow the $. (if their deaths are deemed murder)

It is the love of money that is the route of all evil. Money can be used for positive.

I think the Sherman&#8217;s had a mix of both. Doing tremendous good and also having the privilege that goes with it that may not always be in the best interest of all

I would just like to add another post to the one above. This one mentions Apotec's involvement in the marketing of medical marijuana. As we all know, it was Prime Minister Justin Trudeau who championed the cause of legalization for this formally illegal substance. Barry Sherman, being as experienced and brilliant as he was, I imagine saw many of the future possibilities for big pharma to make billions, and would have very likely, in my opinion, been happy to host large fund raisers in his home, on behalf of Justin Trudeau, which he did not only in 2015, but just recently before he and his wife, Honey were found dead in their home. Where all the political connections, and deal making goes, I have no idea, but it certainly could lead to making enemies, and having a hit put out on the Shermans. IMO

Yes and it looks like this just happened recently. Maybe that's what the investigation on lobbying the Liberal government was over? Hmmm "The company has partnered with Apotex Inc., a global generic pharmaceutical manufacturer, to develop novel dosage formats and products. According to CannTech, "Apotex has existing sales infrastructure in 85 countries that is expected to allow the rapid commercialization of new CannTrust products around the world; when such sales are permitted product formats could include gel capsules, patches, and other controlled-release dosage technologies."
https://www.streetwisereports.com/a...ical-cannabis-innovator-set-to-go-public.html

Teva Israel losing 14,000 jobs. Protests, strikes etc happening. Toronto Star Dec. 30th

Did anyone catch this story? Wonder if it has anything to do with BS as his CEO, Dr. Jeremy Desai had a love interest with one of their employees who was also implicated in Industrial Espionage not so long ago.

I think she was passing information to Apotex......fairly recently. Guess that could lead to motive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member