Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBC news has reported more than once, that they have "learned ...that investigators have found no security cameras inside or outside the home"

Aside from AP news and Reuters, I find that CBC is extremely cautious in their reporting and their wording. This makes me tend to think there were no security cameras.

Just my opinion. I do wish we knew for sure one way or another.

From article ( below):

"As previously reported, CBC Toronto has learned that the Shermans were found by the pool in their basement and that investigators have found no security cameras inside or outside the home."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/retired-toronto-detective-investigate-sherman-death-1.4466413

Speaking as one of "the elderly", may I just say we have all the same drives and motivations as younger people ;)

I am elderly myself. Married for soon to be 45 years.

What makes the elderly kill a spouse besides illness?

Define "illness" ?
If you mean "physical" illness (cancer, or something else), and they decide to end their life. That's one thing.

But did you know that you don't necessarily have to be mentally ill to kill yourself?
Debt, infidelity, tarnished reputation, revenge etc..etc.. I could go on. Killing yourself is a means of escape from all of that, but it's most often associated with mental illness.

Illness in things such as cancer.

My question is what reasons have been given when other elderly people kill their spouse. And I am elderly so no need to do any snarky comments

I could try to be funny here, by saying...."after 45 years do you need to ask"?? But I'll hold back :)
Guess it all depends on love, respect, patience, rage, attitude of wanting to take the spouse with you if you no longer wish to go on, jealousy??
I'm married past 45 yrs, and love my spouse, but could see me being guilty of any of the above emotions, but thankfully (more so by him) something prevents us from acting on these emotions.

Or maybe simple body mechanics...easier to carry up stairs with many hands vs pushing up hill, or the ability to get the removal car closer to exit zone, away from prying camera lens? Or garage is crime scene.
This is the part i find confusing with BS killing HS. I can't see him removing his belt in garage to choke her. Unless she was trying to get away from him in the house, and ran to garage to get to her car? Was there a camera in garage, or was it too turned off?

Wondering if the space,doors ect. simply could not accommodate the length of the stretcher?

If social events often took place in the underground swimming pool area, and those parties likely included many VIPs, maybe as a courtesy to those guests, no cctv cameras are present, or if they are there, they get turned off.
CCTV may also make the employees uncomfortable too.
imo, speculation.

Hi everyone, I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. Did you see the news that $100mil was donated to the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto by an anonymous donor today?

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...lion-to-camh-and-doesnt-want-to-be-named.html

Highly unusual -- a record-breaking donation, and very mysterious who this anonymous donor may be. I can't help but think this is connected to the Shermans. Thoughts?

I think it would be very hard for Honey to have had a lover throughout her health issues.

I don’t think if Barry was a despised father that the children would rally around him.

I read Joe's snippet today, and glad McCormick is pounding the drum for the shortage of TPS numbers.
Not that I give them a wide berth to harangue about something, but pointing out the fact of fiscal responsibility here.
Two cops x 24 hours is expensive. Use of Auxiliary would be good, but could this be done to protect evidence? Special Constables would be cheaper.... anything to free up cops for calls. Could TPS stop investigation and turn crime scene over to private investigators, or would any further found evidence be inadmissible?

Wondering if the space,doors ect. simply could not accommodate the length of the stretcher?

If social events often took place in the underground swimming pool area, and those parties likely included many VIPs, maybe as a courtesy to those guests, no cctv cameras are present, or if they are there, they get turned off.
CCTV may also make the employees uncomfortable too.
imo, speculation.

Makes sense.
Removal people will turn stretchers vertical if needed.

I could try to be funny here, by saying...."after 45 years do you need to ask"?? But I'll hold back :)
Guess it all depends on love, respect, patience, rage, attitude of wanting to take the spouse with you if you no longer wish to go on, jealousy??
I'm married past 45 yrs, and love my spouse, but could see me being guilty of any of the above emotions, but thankfully (more so by him) something prevents us from acting on these emotions.

After 45 years, things that may have angered me in the past simply go in one ear and out the other. We are still adjusting to the time together because of retirement but tge Sherman’s did not have that.

They had a lot of shared trauma. Both with cancer issues.

No one knows the insides of a marriage, but people know pieces of it unless they are hermits. They can see how the spouse treats the other by words and actions. That is not hidden.

Hi everyone, I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. Did you see the news that $100mil was donated to the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto by an anonymous donor today?

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...lion-to-camh-and-doesnt-want-to-be-named.html

Highly unusual -- a record-breaking donation, and very mysterious who this anonymous donor may be. I can't help but think this is connected to the Shermans. Thoughts?
Welcome to Ws meloniverson!
Thanks for posting that, actually had been thinking about the news item and wondering the very same thing about the Sherman family.
Beautiful and much needed gesture, no doubt from someone wonderful, imo.

All the big donors are from the same group of friends :) I would think all the Sherman's assets/bank accounts/ etc etc are frozen or accessed only by lawyers at this point?? Maybe this donation was arranged months earlier.
Maybe it was arranged months earlier with news only to be released on this date? Hmmmm.....
From whomever.... wow great donation!!!

Absolutely.
I find a good dose of "deafness" is a great asset..... selective hearing?? I'll never tell....

Hi Human,

I've wondered about this myself. Especially after the poster showed us Stats in Canada of seniors committing murder-suicide.

An individual, regardless of age, could harbor a deep and bitter resentment towards their partner. It could fester, not unlike those people who are called "injustice collectors".

If a certain individual harbored a deep and hateful resentment, for whatever reason, a long fuse could find its way to the end.

Just a thought. I don't harbor anything like that but some people do and it has caused them to murder.

Hi meloniverson! I too am a new poster here but have been following this case and this thread for quite some time. I thought this news article was very interesting and I decided to look into what kind of people would make a 100 million dollar donation to a Toronto mental health organization.

Out of the top 25 richest Canadians (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadians_by_net_worth), only 6 are from Toronto. Of those 6 I would rule out at least the top 3 from making an anonymous donation (Galen Weston, David Thompson and Edward Rogers) since they typically do not make donations anonymously.

This leaves Carlo Fidani, Wallace McCain, and... Barry Sherman. It's interesting to note that most of Wallace McCain's philanthropy is carried out in his home province of New Brunswick. So this really just leaves Carlo Fidani and Barry Sherman.

It seems to make sense to me that this donation is coming from the Shermans given all the circumstances leading up to this. Does anyone else agree or am I just jumping to conclusions?

Hi meloniverson! I too am a new poster here but have been following this case and this thread for quite some time. I thought this news article was very interesting and I decided to look into what kind of people would make a 100 million dollar donation to a Toronto mental health organization.

Out of the top 25 richest Canadians (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadians_by_net_worth), only 6 are from Toronto. Of those 6 I would rule out at least the top 3 from making an anonymous donation (Galen Weston, David Thompson and Edward Rogers) since they typically do not make donations anonymously.

This leaves Carlo Fidani, Wallace McCain, and... Barry Sherman. It's interesting to note that most of Wallace McCain's philanthropy is carried out in his home province of New Brunswick. So this really just leaves Carlo Fidani and Barry Sherman.

It seems to make sense to me that this donation is coming from the Shermans given all the circumstances leading up to this. Does anyone else agree or am I just jumping to conclusions?

I wondered...but it doesn't necessarily have to be from someone in Toronto.

It doesn't but CAMH is not a national organization; it is very much based in Toronto and involved with the Toronto community.

I think you're jumping to conclusions - and the Shermans, while extraordinarily generous donors, were not known for anonymity. Besides, I assume all of their assets are tied up until the estate is probated.

Narcissistic rage

Some of the characteristics in the following article are very interesting:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/just-listen/201202/rage-coming-soon-narcissist-near-you

Interesting. How does the ligature fit it.

He is raging and then goes and gets something to strangle her. The rage has lasted quite awhile then.

Has he showed signs of rage before? At work?

His lawsuits were handled by teams of lawyers. That would be distant from him.Just a matter of course of business.

He certainly was driven. I wish there was info out there on how he acted. I imagine people are terrified of getting sued so I am not sure anyone would report on his outbursts if there are any.

I did not read the Steve Jobs book. I know he was difficult to work for but that is all.

I despise Gingrich. The way he treated his sick wife was appalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member