Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ligature neck compression could have been from a scarf she was wearing.

The reports of men's belts could be true and after she was dead, a man's belt was put around her neck around the railing.

All of this is pure speculation on my part but since the police definitely state the cause of death was ligature neck compression - something else could have been used to kill her.

I'm just thinking of a possible scenario. We know that her cause of death was ligature neck compression. There was plenty of time to "stage".

I'm still not sure what to think about this case so this isn't my theory but something else could have been used as a ligature when it happened to cause her death.

Interestingly, I have been the lead Detective on a couple of murder / suicide cases and I am aware of the finer details of others too and I have to say that hanging or ligature compression has NEVER been in play in these ones .
That’s not to say it cannot happen but it is most unusual and less likely than other methods used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I have been following along on here since the beginning of this case. I cannot find the link but I remember way back that one of the articles linked stated that the Sherman's used thier eight car garage for entertaining. It was shortly before Christmas and I can see them hosting multiple parties at thier home. I think that the garage may of been set up for an event, or still set up from a previous event. That may be why the cars were not parked in the garage and also why the bodies were not brought out through the garage. Too many tables and such to maneuver around. Just a possibility.
I have seen the layouts posted of both homes. One thing that sticks out to me is that from what I can tell the new home seems to me to be more friendly to thier age. IIRC the new one has an elevator (the old one has a shaft for one, but if it was built thirty years ago it may not be within codes to upgrade). It's ust my thought but to me the new house would be something for both of them to look forward to. What suited thier needs for thirty years may not be well suited for thier needs as they get older.
I am one of the ones that believe this is a double murder, but I know I could be wrong.

Hi meloniverson! I too am a new poster here but have been following this case and this thread for quite some time. I thought this news article was very interesting and I decided to look into what kind of people would make a 100 million dollar donation to a Toronto mental health organization.

Out of the top 25 richest Canadians (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadians_by_net_worth), only 6 are from Toronto. Of those 6 I would rule out at least the top 3 from making an anonymous donation (Galen Weston, David Thompson and Edward Rogers) since they typically do not make donations anonymously.

This leaves Carlo Fidani, Wallace McCain, and... Barry Sherman. It's interesting to note that most of Wallace McCain's philanthropy is carried out in his home province of New Brunswick. So this really just leaves Carlo Fidani and Barry Sherman.

It seems to make sense to me that this donation is coming from the Shermans given all the circumstances leading up to this. Does anyone else agree or am I just jumping to conclusions?

Welcome to WS! IMO you are jumping to conclusions. ;-))

I mean that in the nicest way....of course.

The family are still in the mourning period. Any monies from the estates is probably not available at this time. B & H probably had back to back wills, i.e. each inherit from the other so no one else can touch it yet with the exception of an executor.

I happened to be driving past Baycrest the other day, one of their favourite charities. They have a huge sign up, Apotex (tree in the way)
Jewish Home for the Aged. The Shermans DO put their names on buildings and usually give to Jewish causes. They have given to the United Way but other noted causes have been within their own community AFAIK.

Anonymous has claimed the title and its a very, very generous donation but I doubt it has anything to do with the Shermans.

The next time Im at Toronto General Hospital, I will scan their 'donor wall' to see if the Shermans are on it.

Or maybe simple body mechanics...easier to carry up stairs with many hands vs pushing up hill, or the ability to get the removal car closer to exit zone, away from prying camera lens? Or garage is crime scene.
This is the part i find confusing with BS killing HS. I can't see him removing his belt in garage to choke her. Unless she was trying to get away from him in the house, and ran to garage to get to her car? Was there a camera in garage, or was it too turned off?

Hi Addy, re your comment regarding the belt. There have been no reports or stories that I am aware of that have indicated that either party (and for sure not HS) was killed with a belt. What we have heard is that they were found with belts around their necks attached to the pool railing. If HS died first (as has been reported but remains formally unconfirmed by LE); and she died from "ligature neck compression" (as has been confirmed by LE), the death could have been caused by a belt (BS belt; housecoat belt, etc), or any other ligature, like a rope. JMO

It doesn't but CAMH is not a national organization; it is very much based in Toronto and involved with the Toronto community.

The Research done at CAMH doesn't stay in Toronto. They do research that is accepted and used world wide. I think that money has been designated towards some very innovative methods of helping with depression. It could be from someones' estate or from a former patient/their family.

Very generous donation for a very good cause. IMO

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...lion-to-camh-and-doesnt-want-to-be-named.html
Dr. Catherine Zahn, president and CEO of CAMH, said "some people understand that perhaps an anonymous gift may be the most sacred way of giving.”

The donation was given to support research into mental illnesses, which affect some 6.7 million Canadians and are the leading cause of disability on earth.

“I believe CAMH is well-positioned to make a transformational impact in the field of mental health research,” the donor, who insisted on anonymity, said in a media release.

“I have seen the devastating impact of mental illness on individuals and their families; I want to provide support to the next generation of researchers and scientists to pursue the research that will directly transform care.”
rbbm.

The ligature neck compression could have been from a scarf she was wearing.

The reports of men's belts could be true and after she was dead, a man's belt was put around her neck around the railing.

All of this is pure speculation on my part but since the police definitely state the cause of death was ligature neck compression - something else could have been used to kill her.

I'm just thinking of a possible scenario. We know that her cause of death was ligature neck compression. There was plenty of time to "stage".

I'm still not sure what to think about this case so this isn't my theory but something else could have been used as a ligature when it happened to cause her death.

Thanks for that. A scarf makes total sense. I could not see him going to look for a belt or taking his off. But raging using her scarf makes sense.

Then he could do the identical belt hangings. He seems very precise.

Hi meloniverson! I too am a new poster here but have been following this case and this thread for quite some time. I thought this news article was very interesting and I decided to look into what kind of people would make a 100 million dollar donation to a Toronto mental health organization.

Out of the top 25 richest Canadians (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadians_by_net_worth), only 6 are from Toronto. Of those 6 I would rule out at least the top 3 from making an anonymous donation (Galen Weston, David Thompson and Edward Rogers) since they typically do not make donations anonymously.

This leaves Carlo Fidani, Wallace McCain, and... Barry Sherman. It's interesting to note that most of Wallace McCain's philanthropy is carried out in his home province of New Brunswick. So this really just leaves Carlo Fidani and Barry Sherman.

It seems to make sense to me that this donation is coming from the Shermans given all the circumstances leading up to this. Does anyone else agree or am I just jumping to conclusions?
I appreciate your sleuthing :), but I think there's just no way of truly knowing.

If it had been in the works for a bit of time by Barry Sherman, I don't see any reason to believe he'd make a donation to CAMH, (though it would have been nice if he did). It just wasn't his MO. If it was something that was recently put together, by the remaining Sherman family let's say, I still just think that they have too much going on at the moment to be thinking about making large, anonymous financial donations. Trauma, grief, investigations, gatherings, family, kids, TPS, PI's, media, lawyers, counselors?, etc, and who knows what else.

Jmo, and thanks for the post!

Hi OhReally,

Was this the reference you mentioned?

"The faulty garage structure at the heart of the dispute, which included a tennis court on top and a sauna and underground pool inside, was a key part of their house. It was used for social events, such as charity functions and formal dinners."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-honey-sherman-apotex-deaths/article37424109/
Yes, thank you for finding the link. To me they are talking about the garage as one of the places the Sherman's used for parties. I was trying to figure out why they didn't park in thier garage that night, and also why the bodies were brought out the front. I could be way off.

It doesn't but CAMH is not a national organization; it is very much based in Toronto and involved with the Toronto community.
True, but folks come nationwide to Toronto, to access CAMH's services. The donor still could be from anywhere, but a respect the Toronto connection.

JMO and MOO

They were murdered ..... don't believe for a minute, it was murder/suicide.

Gut feeling ... MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. In time, the TPS will announce that it was a double murder. IMO.

I just hope they have enough evidence for a successful prosecution and/or for it to be announced to the public. IMO

Cannot imagine the pain the family is going through, a horrible way to lose both of your parents. IMO

JMO and MOO

They were murdered ..... don't believe for a minute, it was murder/suicide.

Gut feeling ... MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's my thought. I have no proof of it either way. It's just a gut feeling I have.

Ohreally,jpg,kay74, dianaelaine59 while I disagree with your conclusion of a double murder, for reasons I have set out in previous posts, I fear that in reality we will never know definitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8