Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They towed Honey Sherman's Mustang convertible from the house on Jan 15th. Don't know if this has been posted yet here. So this will be the 2nd car removed (towed) from the Sherman residence.

Have to ask..
Have the Shermans had any landscaping done recently?
Not that i think either were into it, but something about the belts ect is reminiscent of bdsm.
imo, speculation.

First it seemed far-fetched because of their age, then I googled ‘bdsm and old people’ and now I’m in TMI shock.:blushing:

The Old Masters: BDSM's Popularity Grows Among Senior Citizens

http://gapersblock.com/ac/2010/08/25/the-old-masters-bdsms-popularity-grows-among-senior-citizens/

O/T Thank you dotr for your warm welcome a few pages back.

First it seemed far-fetched because of their age, then I googled ‘bdsm and old people’ and now I’m in TMI shock.:blushing:

The Old Masters: BDSM's Popularity Grows Among Senior Citizens

http://gapersblock.com/ac/2010/08/25/the-old-masters-bdsms-popularity-grows-among-senior-citizens/

O/T Thank you dotr for your warm welcome a few pages back.

Well, when i posted that about bdsm was not even thinking that the Shermans were involved with that in any way, back problems, arthritis ect. seems painful enough without looking for more!

That post was in response to the recent arrest of a landscape designer who was into bdsm, apparently with the " silver" crowd.
No link between the crimes, but mentioned it because of the real estate actions ( land, gardens?) the Shermans were involved with, and because the perp. looked like someone you might let into the house without suspicion. At this point,, the suspect, Bruce McArthur, is considered by many to be a serial killer.
No link, no connection just noting the ( speculated ) leather belts and asphyxiation just in case and because you never know.
Thanks for taking that one for the team, lol!
fwiw, speculation, imo.

Barry Sherman’s death is forcing the lobbying commissioner to make a tough decision

Nancy Bélanger tells court she’ll decide by Feb. 2 whether to keep investigating Sherman’s cash-for-access fundraiser featuring Justin Trudeau

The chairman of Canada’s largest drug firm, Sherman was the target of Ottawa’s lobbying watchdog in the months before he died because of an exclusive Liberal fundraiser he hosted in August 2015—featuring soon-to-be Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as the guest of honour.

The Lobbyists’ Code of Conduct prohibits registered lobbyists (which Sherman was at the time, as chair of his company) from placing elected officials in a potential conflict of interest that could make them feel “a sense of obligation.”
Read more: http://www.macleans.ca/politics/bar...bbying-commissioner-to-make-a-tough-decision/

O/T but I just caught on CP24 that the Oakville couple is now a confirmed murder/suicide, for those interested.

when money is involved there are a lot of people involved because everyone is your friend. i dont mean that in a bad way because being around money usually makes people see things they never seen before.. I visit peoples homes everyday and i am really not awestruck because i see it all the time. The public is prob awestruck and doesnt understand that the police has a big investigation. The truth will prevail.
If we had the answer so would the police. All in due time. My own opinion? it was a homicide Who tipped them off that they were arriving home? Did the architect have friends that had a rag on barry? we dont know.. many unanswered questions and then the scene at the house. Police know a lot more info then what they are giving. This will be solved soon or never. Lots of big money.

Latest news from the Toronto star

Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, sources say
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-honey-sherman-were-murdered-sources-say.html

Seems strange that the first autopsy didn't identify the ligature marks around their wrists - or, if it did, that TPS didn't modify their statement about the deaths. If this theory of how they were killed is true, it sounds like a hideous and frightening way to die. Kind of wish they had found drugs in their systems.

The story in the Star may be accurate, but it is clearly sourced entirely from the family’s side.

I find it a little strange they put the information out there publicly. I doubt they cleared it with the police.

From the Star: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-honey-sherman-were-murdered-sources-say.html

A key finding discovered in Chiasson’s autopsy were marks on both Barry and Honey Sherman’s wrists, an indication that each person’s wrists were bound together at some point, likely with rope or a plastic strap. An examination of the markings does not clearly determine if the hands were bound in front or behind. Their hands were not bound when the bodies were discovered.

The Shermans were wearing winter coats that were pushed back away from the shoulders and down, which would have the effect of immobilizing the arms. No rope or plastic strap was found at the scene and sources have speculated to the Star that when Toronto police examined sewer pipes around the house they were looking for whatever was used as ties. Police also searched the roof of the house and used metal detectors on the property.

Latest news from the Toronto star

Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, sources say
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-honey-sherman-were-murdered-sources-say.html

The story in the Star may be accurate, but it is clearly sourced entirely from the family’s side.

I find it a little strange they put the information out there publicly. I doubt they cleared it with the police.

*wow wht would they put that out? so weird no proof?

This sounds like info we already knew. Did not know about the winter coats (we heard jackets) and didn't know about the wrist ligature marks. Still not buying murder yet. JMO

Seems strange that the first autopsy didn't identify the ligature marks around their wrists - or, if it did, that TPS didn't modify their statement about the deaths. If this theory of how they were killed is true, it sounds like a hideous and frightening way to die. Kind of wish they had found drugs in their systems.

Im sure there were lots of things from the autopsies, that will not be released to the public. Marks on their wrists isn't surprising nor significant to John/Jane Q. Public. We were given COD. IMO

This whole article sounds like rehashed stuff from the families attorney. With TPS holding the scene, he can't add anything of substance but feels the need to say something. IMO

Just conjecture here but I doubt there will be much in the way of discrepancies between the autopsies nor the investigations, when all is said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterbranigan