Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like info we already knew. Did not know about the winter coats (we heard jackets) and didn't know about the wrist ligature marks. Still not buying murder yet. JMO

It feels like the family is trying to get their story out first in case the police conclude otherwise.

Wonder why the meeting with the architect wasn't confirmed.

If no one is ever charged for their deaths, people will always have their own opinions as to whether or not they were murdered. Nothing will change that, imo, without a named suspect/trial.

WOW ligature marks on their wrists but nothing on their wrists when found. They were bound on their wrists, hung and the ligatures then taken off. GEEZ Imagine what they went through.

Seems strange that the first autopsy didn't identify the ligature marks around their wrists - or, if it did, that TPS didn't modify their statement about the deaths. If this theory of how they were killed is true, it sounds like a hideous and frightening way to die. Kind of wish they had found drugs in their systems.

I totally agree.

Seems strange that the first autopsy didn't identify the ligature marks around their wrists - or, if it did, that TPS didn't modify their statement about the deaths. If this theory of how they were killed is true, it sounds like a hideous and frightening way to die. Kind of wish they had found drugs in their systems.

Indeed! Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. IMO

yah gotta wonder what the f is going on here. A lot of back and forth and dusting.

LE are at no obligation to disclose these details when an autopsy is concluded, unfortunately. They release cause of death, and that's usually it.

I'm going to assume that the family, and their team, are tired of waiting for TPS to move their stance on MOD from suspicious, to homicide. From the Toronto Star article, it sounds like they are co-operating greatly with LE, and both the investigations are running parallel and likely uncovering the same information, but they want the public to finally know that there is significant evidence to support a double-homicide. Jmo.

If this is how it went down, that they were targeted in their home, bound by their wrists, strangulated with belts, I can only imagine the pain and fear they felt. I think I'm creeping over the fence folks. I just wish TPS would come out and say it already.

good anology of the events. od course it happened this way and proving it is up to the police etc. so weird. #moneyisnotpowerinmyworld

The story in the Star may be accurate, but it is clearly sourced entirely from the family’s side.

I find it a little strange they put the information out there publicly. I doubt they cleared it with the police.

*wow wht would they put that out? so weird no proof?

sounds like a coverup from the family or insurance issues

This sounds like info we already knew. Did not know about the winter coats (we heard jackets) and didn't know about the wrist ligature marks. Still not buying murder yet. JMO

Im sure there were lots of things from the autopsies, that will not be released to the public. Marks on their wrists isn't surprising nor significant to John/Jane Q. Public. We were given COD. IMO

This whole article sounds like rehashed stuff from the families attorney. With TPS holding the scene, he can't add anything of substance but feels the need to say something. IMO

Just conjecture here but I doubt there will be much in the way of discrepancies between the autopsies nor the investigations, when all is said and done.

the kids coming before the police is strange...

It feels like the family is trying to get their story out first in case the police conclude otherwise.
When I read the news title I rushed to read it. But when I saw that there is no "according to police sources" or "a source close to the investigation"; my apologies but this reads more like a paid advertisement than real news. MOO, IMHO, JMO
I can't think of any other case were the people hired by the family comes to a conclusion without waiting for the police to finish their investigation. They haven't even seen all the evidence that the police has painstakingly been collecting for more than a month. MOO, IMHO, JMO

While several homeowners with cameras that can see parts of the Sherman home in the distance have provided video to both police and the Sherman family detectives, sources have told the Star that nothing has come from a study of the various videos.

I take that to mean no people seen walking to and from their house, no vehicles seen driving around the block/area, or parked nearby or any other suspicious activity. So perhaps the alleged perps flew in helicopters and used parachutes to land on the roof. Maybe that explains why LE searched the roof of the house. MOO, IMHO, JMO

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-honey-sherman-were-murdered-sources-say.html

Wonder why the meeting with the architect wasn't confirmed.

Perhaps the architect cannot speak about the Shermans with anyone but TPS until they wrap up their investigation? IMO
Same with the lady who had the house listed? IMO

If you are a part of a police investigation, I'd think they'd want you to keep quiet until they give you the all clear. IMO

I take that to mean no people seen walking to and from their house, no vehicles seen driving around the block/area, or parked nearby or any other suspicious activity. So perhaps the alleged perps flew in helicopters and used parachutes to land on the roof. Maybe that explains why LE searched the roof of the house. MOO, IMHO, JMO

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-honey-sherman-were-murdered-sources-say.html

Maybe thats why they are closely looking at the Sherman vehicles to see if they were kidnapped first in their own car. jmo

I think the families lawyers and detectives are trying to force law enforcement to make a statement of thier own.
IIRC all MSM has been saying they were hung. Accoring to this article they were not found hung. The belts were tightened around thier necks and looped over the railing possibly to keep them in a sitting position.
Also there were marks around thier wrists indicating they had been tied together, but nothing found at the scene.
IMO those are some bold statements to make if they are not true, which makes me believe they are true.
I would think that there crime scene and autopsy pictures that will prove if the statements are true. I just cannot see the family putting out lies that can be proven to be lies. It would shatter any credibility of thier investigation team.

Perhaps the architect cannot speak about the Shermans with anyone but TPS until they wrap up their investigation? IMO
Same with the lady who had the house listed? IMO

If you are a part of a police investigation, I'd think they'd want you to keep quiet until they give you the all clear. IMO
I’m thinking their silence is d/t professional integrity. Besides they still need to get paid for work already started, so you don’t want to tick off the executor who will eventually need to settle all accounts?

When I read the news title I rushed to read it. But when I saw that there is no "according to police sources" or "a source close to the investigation"; my apologies but this reads more like a paid advertisement than real news. MOO, IMHO, JMO
I can't think of any other case were the people hired by the family comes to a conclusion without waiting for the police to finish their investigation. They haven't even seen all the evidence that the police has painstakingly been collecting for more than a month. MOO, IMHO, JMO
The private investigators are distinguished former homicide detectives. Dr. David Chiasson was formerly the chief forensic pathologist of Ontario. They are doing the exact same thing TPS are doing, they just have the liberty to share it with the media sooner than the others. Like I said earlier, it sounds like they are all cooperating greatly together, but they are frustrated that the public has only ever heard the murder-suicide theory, and they are tired of waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic