Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I analyze this aspect, I come back to the cousin(s) every time. Who else likely knew Honey as closely as Barry? I understand that anyone could have wanted to harm HS to make BS suffer that much more, but I'm just thinking out loud here. JMO.

At the end of the day, the list is truly endless.
Me too. I feel bad, but my gut feels like it is the next of kin.
NOT their children!
I hope I am wrong!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was always scratching my head about a friend of Barry's whose initials are FD. None of the articles mention if if HS was OK with Barry bankrolling his schemes. I wonder if HS thought FD was using her husband & pressured BS to quit financing his $$$ ventures.Could the Shermans have had plans to cut FD loose from their purse strings? I just get the feeling that displeasing FD could be at the very least unpleasant at the worst extremely scary.Please read "dotr" post which summarizes a few of FD schemes paid for by BS. I would ask when discussing him to refer to him as FD because of TOS Rules.

<snipped>

Emphasis this is just my opinion: I am only adding FD to the sketchy people we have discussed. There are a lot of people who wanted 'a piece of the Sherman fortune' my worst fear is some wouldn't take NO for an answer.
:cow:

Rsbm. I always kept FD in the back of my mind, also. He spoke kindly of BS, stating how close they were, but it for some reason always rubbed me the wrong way, and I wondered how "close" they actually were. Sounds to me that BS just financed his grandiose ideas, and then eventually gave him the boot and handed his beverage business to his son. JMO.

Joe Warmington and Mandel are bang on. However, I don't think for a minute anyone close to the family at the funeral believed the leaked police murder suicide theory.

If the people on WS are representative, many people beyond their immediate friends and family certainly believed it. Likely, there are still some who won't be convinced unless & until arrests are made (which may never happen.)

I tend to agree also, some irresponsible things were said, and it should have been corrected sooner. I also agree with Goldkind's points. Even the mere mention of "no outstanding suspects" obviously insinuated murder-suicide, and that the perpetrator was in the home, deceased. All while a family is laying him to rest.

It seems that the police confirmed in the press conference the 2nd property was vis -a-vis not in Canada. If that was indeed stated by LE that would eliminate the Muskoga cottage as the 2nd property searched.

This is how I interpreted it but I have been wrong on 'ahem' oodles of occasions.
Agreed, and also the Muskoka property was not owned by the Sherman's. They were the guests.

Rsbm. I always kept FD in the back of my mind, also. He spoke kindly of BS, stating how close they were, but it for some reason always rubbed me the wrong way, and I wondered how "close" they actually were. Sounds to me that BS just financed his grandiose ideas, and then eventually gave him the boot and handed his beverage business to his son. JMO.

I'm not pushing an addenda but my hinky meter (you know?straight out of an episode of Columbo) that FD had to have a Rasputin spell cast over BS to tolerate his bizarre spending on advertising & goofy marketing like 'thinking' it was a brilliant idea to bottle craft beer in plastic bottles? OK,that just defied anything I could even imagine.

Yikes then when I read 'dotr' post about FDs new career producing Vampire films starring A list actors who had drifted into obscurity.Grab your socks;you will never guess :sigh: BS is bankrolling FDs B rated Vampire movies(yes,there is more than one). OK let me level with you FD just scares me I don't think his ego could deal with the word no. :crazy:

I just have to believe none of this went over well with HS;it sure would not have if it were me!

Thanks for answering Grey-St.You made me feel better that I'm not the only one who finds FD creepy and definitely nutty with his inconceivably nonsense get rich schemes.Like Columbo I would say to FD,"Excuse me? I have just one more question". And I think you know where I am going with that!

I tend to agree also, some irresponsible things were said, and it should have been corrected sooner. I also agree with Goldkind's points. Even the mere mention of "no outstanding suspects" obviously insinuated murder-suicide, and that the perpetrator was in the home, deceased. All while a family is laying him to rest.

But I don&#8217;t think they ever said there were &#8220;no outstanding suspects&#8221;

The way I remember reading it was &#8220;they are not currently looking for any outstanding suspects&#8221; which makes sense a day or two into the investigation.

You can&#8217;t look for someone in particular if you don&#8217;t know what you are looking for yet.

I'm not pushing an addenda but my hinky meter (you know?straight out of an episode of Columbo) that FD had to have a Rasputin spell cast over BS to tolerate his bizarre spending on advertising & goofy marketing like 'thinking' it was a brilliant idea to bottle craft beer in plastic bottles? OK,that just defied anything I could even imagine.

Yikes then when I read 'dotr' post about FDs new career producing Vampire films starring A list actors who had drifted into obscurity.Grab your socks;you will never guess :sigh: BS is bankrolling FDs B rated Vampire movies(yes,there is more than one). OK let me level with you FD just scares me I don't think his ego could deal with the word no. :crazy:

I just have to believe none of this went over well with HS;it sure would not have if it were me!

Thanks for answering Grey-St.You made me feel better that I'm not the only one who finds FD creepy and definitely nutty with his inconceivably nonsense get rich schemes.Like Columbo I would say to FD,"Excuse me? I have just one more question". And I think you know where I am going with that!

Yeah, their relationship, business or otherwise, always struck me as very strange to say the least. BS, being one of the most intelligent of businessmen, I just don't see what he saw in aligning himself with FD or how/why he would support such plans and ideas. Something's weird there, imo.

Whether it's related or not remains to be seen, but it's a strange aspect in this story.

Source: http://www.philly.com/philly/business/sex-drugs-and-sharing-trade-secrets-20170712.html

Teva, affairs, industrial espionage, 2 murders, a resignation. A sordid story.

From the link you posted:
In August 2014, Desai became president and CEO of Apotex, which has more than 10,000 employees and annual sales of about $2 billion. Teva, whose parent company, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, is based in Israel, has about 57,000 employees and reported 2016 revenue of $21.9 billion.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for Sandhu’s alleged breach of her confidentiality agreement and from Desai and Apotex for “willful and malicious misappropriation” of trade secrets that “remain in the possession of the defendants.”

It sounds as if Teva is in the position to crush Apotex. I wonder if that is why TPS had difficulty with obtaining electronics from the office, maybe Desai made it difficult. Evidence to support Teva's claims may have been held in BS's work space.

But I don&#8217;t think they ever said there were &#8220;no outstanding suspects&#8221;

The way I remember reading it was &#8220;they are not currently looking for any outstanding suspects&#8221; which makes sense a day or two into the investigation.

You can&#8217;t look for someone in particular if you don&#8217;t know what you are looking for yet.
But how can you truly not be currently or otherwise, looking for any outstanding suspects, if you are exploring all avenues of their manner of death? It was an irresponsible statement. They should have said it's too early in the investigation to speculate on if there is outstanding suspects, and all avenues of their manner of death will be explored.

Contractors sued by the Shermans are llisted in this news article

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...sherman-sued-builders-of-north-york-home.html

21 degrees heating is still in Business
https://www.canpages.ca/page/ON/mississauga/21-degrees-heating-air-conditioning/7746788

Jack Winston died in 2012 http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?pid=158268843
His business is still listed on 411 https://411.ca/business/profile/2765504

Thomas Marzotto Architect Still in Business http://marzottoarchitect.com/

Can not find Ewing Construction in Ontario Canada. Mabey someone else can ?

Possibly, the Steel fabricator was this company, just a guess though. Not sure they were involved with the construction of the Sherman house.

http://www.ewingfabricators.com

The way I read it was that they maybe had suspects in mind and weren't looking for others. They had to reassure the public that there was no danger from a mad killer on the loose.

The Mustang. Did it come out of the garage forward facing? Does that indicate Barry habitually reversed into the garage so that he could drive up the ramp forwards? If so, I'm a little surprised that Honey would park where she did, knowing Barry liked to reverse down the ramp. Why wouldn't Honey park up close to the front door (behind the blue car) so she wouldn't have to walk as far to let herself in? I wonder if Barry got there first. If Barry was being forced to drive into the garage I doubt he would have reversed in.

Just a few jumbled thoughts.

Whose car is the blue car? Is it Barry’s? Why is it reenacted with the Mustang? Why was the Mustang hauled away? Could the blue car belong to a staff, the real estate agent or?

I had also thought they may have gone out for dinner after the architect meeting (posted this earlier) and thought they could estimate the TOD by undigested food in the stomach if in fact they did.

There is undoubtedly much more in the autopsy reports that has not been released.

This is an informative link...

Estimating the Time Of Death in Practical Homicide Investigations
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/LOmar2007.htm

Various ingested food materials remain within the stomach for variable periods of time, depending on the nature and size of the meal. It has been determined through extensive research that under ordinary circumstances the stomach empties its contents four to 6 hours after a meal. If the stomach, at autopsy, is found to be filled with food, and digestion of the contents not extensive, it is reasonable to assume that death followed shortly after the meal. If the stomach is entirely empty, death probably took place at least 4 to 6 hours after the last meal. If the small intestine is also empty, the probability is that death took place at least 12 or more hours after the last meal. In certain cases the medical examiner will be able to determine the type of food, which still remains in the stomach, if matched with the last known meal. This can help establish a time period.

(Just noticed deugirtni posted this link too. That's what happens when I read the thread backwards trying to catch up!)

If they went out for dinner, where? Who saw them?

From http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-sherman-lawsuit-1.4506346
On the day he was last seen alive, Barry Sherman's lawyers filed documents in court supporting a lawsuit against a convicted fraudster who had allegedly duped the billionaire philanthropist out of a $150,000 investment, CBC News: The Fifth Estate has learned.

Ontario Superior Court documents show Sherman, founder of the Canadian pharmaceutical giant Apotex, intended to invest in an app called Trivia For Good, which described itself as a "mobile-trivia app that offers huge cash prizes."

Sherman launched his lawsuit in May 2017 against Shaun Rootenberg and other parties. The lawsuit alleged "a fraudulent scheme" had cheated Sherman out of his investment.

Court documents show that Rootenberg, a previously convicted fraudster also known as Shaun Rothberg, came up with the Trivia For Good concept. The idea was to make money by selling advertising displayed on the app.

Whose car is the blue car? Is it Barry’s? Why is it reenacted with the Mustang? Why was the Mustang hauled away? Could the blue car belong to a staff, the real estate agent or?
I would assume that if they are reenacting with the Mustang, then that was the vehicle he was driving that day. I don't know who owns the blue car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member