Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Apotex has 'got the message' and is going to operate in a totally different way from now on. IMO

It would explain Desai getting sacked at the same time as the TPS announcement. IMO

i don’t think jack Kaye would tolerate it continuing, so he dealt with it.

Wondering if the scratches on HS hands and wrists were from BS trying to get her loose when they were tied together, maybe back-to-back? Also wondering if HS was attacked in front of BS? Did she get loose? Was she knocked around after getting loose? Cuts on mouth? It all sounds way too personal... If they had their jackets on, not sure now, but if they did, maybe they never got comfortable when they got home, usually jackets fly off before shoes in our house. Revenge is best served cold....is this from something personal years back? It just sounds so very mean and calculated.

I have questions about this. From the news reports it sounded to me as if thier hand were tied together,not the two of them together. Some of the latter reports seem to have gotten this mixed up. Were thier hands bound together or were they bound together?

I have questions about this. From the news reports it sounded to me as if thier hand were tied together,not the two of them together. Some of the latter reports seem to have gotten this mixed up. Were thier hands bound together or were they bound together?
I agree. I think later reports which must have been based on the original report were mistaken about them being tied together.

But unless FD is in BS's will, I am not sure how he would profit from BS's death. He has a better chance of getting money from BS while he is alive.
Who is FD again? The one thing I don't like about Websleuths is referring to everyone by their initials. After a half dozen players I lose track.

It seems that the police confirmed in the press conference the 2nd property was vis -a-vis not in Canada. If that was indeed stated by LE that would eliminate the Muskoga cottage as the 2nd property searched.

This is how I interpreted it but I have been wrong on 'ahem' oodles of occasions.
:cow:

the cottage in question was the Frum cottage. AFAIK the Sherman’s didn’t have a cottage. Barry would never have taken the time to go.

*cough*

From: http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...family-and-friends-of-barry-and-honey-sherman
“I can’t even imagine the fear he went through and how horrified he must have been,” said (Frank) D’Angelo. “I wish I could have done something for him because he always had my back and I wish I could have been able to have his back on this.”

Who would want the Sherman’s dead?

“It has got to be somebody with a motive so strong that they felt that eliminating both of them would give their hope of success, or whatever, a better chance,” said D’Angelo.

Whoever it was, he believes, will be detected.

“I believe the police will go, first and foremost, to see who had motive,” he said.

Looks like some suffered perhaps from this litigation. It seems too long ago, though.

I feel the Shermans should be upset about the air conditioning issues,

[1] Defendant Fernandes filed an assignment in bankruptcy on February 23, 2001 and consequently the claims against him by the plaintiffs and 21 Degrees were not pursued in the action before me. The defendants Philip James Ewing and Ewing Construction Ltd. have been noted in default. The plaintiffs have agreed not to recover from 21 Degrees or Kenyon any damages interests or costs which would otherwise be allocated to Winston.
[2] Given the facts outlined in footnote 1, the only part of the cross- claim that must be resolved by me is that of 21 Degrees against Kenyon.
[3] I prefer the evidence of Mr. Fernandes that the price of the contract was $3,200 to that of Mr. Catena and Mr. Winston that it was $3,000 as Mr. Fernandes was corroborated on this point by the cheque he received for $256 which reflected his commission of 8%.
[4] Mr. Sherman testified that the ducts were too small, although the basis for his assertion was far from clear. He was contradicted in this regard by his own witness, Mr. Hudec, who testified that the ducts could be big enough and that the problem was a lack of cooling capacity. As neither Mr. Sherman nor Mr. Hudec was qualified as an expert witness competent to give such opinion evidence, I have disregarded their testimony on this point.
[5] If an amendment to the statement of claim should have been sought in this regard, I would have granted it as it would not prejudice the defendants in the least.
[6] Mr. Merber, the plaintiff’s expert, testified that at the very most the Kenyon design was short 3 1/2 tonnes of cooling capacity.
[7] For example, Mr. Sherman’s evidence that there were problems with the roof construction that resulted in the insulation around the ducts getting wet, coupled with the evidence of Mr. Merber about the adverse impact that would have on cooling, establishes one other contributing factor to the cooling problem that is unrelated to any errors in the design. Similarly, Mr. Winston testified that Plan Mechanical had identified several other problems that contributed to the cooling problem. As well, the various balancing reports suggest that the HVAC system was not working properly in terms of air distribution.
[8] G.H.L. Fridman, The Law of Agency, 7th ed. (Toronto: Butterworths, 1996) at p.216; F. Reynolds, ed., Bowstead & Reynolds on Agency (London: Sweet & Maxwell, 2001) at p. 303. In this regard it is important to note that 21 Degrees does not contest that it entered into the contract with Winston nor does it suggest that either Winston or Fernandes acted beyond the scope of their authority.
[9] Fridman, supra, note 8 at p. 253; Reynolds, supra, note 8 at p. 341-343.
[10] Mr. Kenyon’s liability to 21 Degrees is discussed in section V, infra.

[11] While Mr. Kenyon’s daughter did the actual design, 21 Degrees did not know this fact and, in any event, Mr. Kenyon approved his daughter’s design.

[12] G.H.L. Fridman, The Law of Torts in Canada, (Toronto: Carswell, 2002) at p. 310.
[13] In this regard, I adopt my reasoning in Treaty Group Inc. (c.o.b. Leather Treaty) v. Drake International Inc., 2005 CanLII 45406 (ON SC), [2005] O.J. No. 5232 at paras. 56 to 71 with respect to the concept of contributory fault in contract law.
[14] The plaintiff’s written submissions with respect to damages differed somewhat from the amounts claimed in their damages brief. I will use Schedule “B” of the plaintiff’s factum as the basis for the claim for special damages.
[15] Martin v. Goldfarb (1998), 1998 CanLII 4150 (ON CA), 41 O.R. (3d) 161 (C.A.) In Martin v. Goldfarb, Finlayson J.A., adopted the reasoning in Chaplin v. Hicks, [1911] 2 K.B. 786 (C.A.) that the degree of proof required can vary in cases where it is impossible to calculate damages with precision due to the nature of the damages and the conduct giving rise to such losses. Of course, this consideration does not apply to the proof of special damages which, by definition, are capable of more precise calculation.
[16] While Mr. Sherman testified that various invoices had all been paid, given that Mr. Winston was directing the project and the invoices were sent to Ewing Construction, I am not satisfied that Mr. Sherman had actual knowledge that the payments had been paid or that the payments had been made by the plaintiffs. This limitation of his actual knowledge was most apparent when Mr. Sherman said of the Ayr Mechanical invoices that he “believed” that Ewing Construction had paid the invoices although he could not say so with absolute certainty.

Is Jeremy Desai Jewish?
Would love to know when his relationship with Barinder Sandhu began.
Did she get the job at Teva so she could send information to Apotex or did Desai go after her to further his career.
Did Desai resign because he was frightened or was he sacked.
Things have gone full circle, Jack Kay was CEO before Desai and now he is again.
Sandhu must have cost Teva plenty during her passing of secrets, they must have been pretty PO about it all.
Not sure if any of the other small time ****s he was involved with, would have the money or brains to pull off the killing.

I live in a Third World country that has so many scammers coming it is unreal. One scam of a few years ago was selling land shares for a resort complex that a man was going to build. He did not own the land and never would as land here often belongs to hundreds of relatives that inherited over the years.

I looked him up as people I kmew here were investing with him. They thought they would get a cottage at the resort or a fancy job,

The man was originally from Canada. He had done a fake silver mine in California and got a mere slap on the wrist. He had Phd Professors stating that the mine was a winner.

This guy even had fake articles on the net that he had started a golf course in Russia. The scheme here where I live was huge.

He even had a tent at the PGA tournament to sell this property. The tent cost $40,000 and as far as I know, he never paid and was never prosecuted.

This man was falling down drunk in the AM and that is why I was supicious right away. But others gave him money.

It was seen by some as economic development here and others saw $$$$$ for themselves.

Another big scheme is getting the govt to pay for resort and hotel builiding. When the govt starts the repayment process for their low interest loans after five years, the resorts go bankrupt. There is one I witnessed right here where I live. What a scheme.

And I imagine this is what happens in resorts in Puerto Rico , too. Makes me sick

I

But unless FD is in BS's will, I am not sure how he would profit from BS's death. He has a better chance of getting money from BS while he is alive.
Agreed, but it's hard to speculate on if he felt wronged by BS or not. This may not have been done to generate a profit. I was mostly commenting on how strange I found their relationship, but it may have been more common for BS than we realized.

Who is FD again? The one thing I don't like about Websleuths is referring to everyone by their initials. After a half dozen players I lose track.
I was always scratching my head about a friend of Barry's whose initials are FD. None of the articles mention if if HS was OK with Barry bankrolling his schemes.(I would certainly stop my husband from bankrolling a grandiose schemer who bankrupted a brewery & who now produces B Vampire movies that lose money)

I wonder if HS thought FD was using her husband & pressured BS to quit financing his $$$ ventures.Could the Shermans have had plans to cut FD loose from their purse strings? I just get the feeling that displeasing FD could be at the very least unpleasant at the worst extremely scary.Please read "dotr" post which summarizes a few of FD schemes paid for by BS. I would ask everyone when discussing him to refer to him as FD because of TOS Rules. :tos:

This is a post is from Websleuths poster dotr. It is post #1094 from thread 2 I have included the following link to the original post
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...017-2&p=13834036&highlight=Frank#post13834036

A meal with Frank D’Angelo: Pitchman, entrepreneur, auteur
Over a boozy lunch, Canada’s beverage baron explains his latest reinvention and calls upon his Hollywood friends
http://www.macleans.ca/culture/movie...r-film-auteur/Jonathon Gatehouse

Emphasis this is just my opinion:I am only adding FD to the sketchy people we have discussed. There are a lot of people who wanted 'a piece of the Sherman fortune' my worst fear is some wouldn't take NO for an answer.
:deadhorse:
:cow:

Where did BS come across some of these shady characters like FD etc?
Sounds like the Sherman's did need security cameras around there house. JMO

When you're a billionaire, I don't think you need to seek out shady characters. They come looking for you.

When you're a billionaire, I don't think you need to seek out shady characters. They come looking for you.

I agree but normally you would think he'd have any potential business dealings people checked out somehow. Plus he(BS) seemed rich enough why get into more $ making ventures? Maybe for tax purposes? In the 1 deal where he sued to get back over $100M that deal was for his son. JMO

I agree but normally you would think he'd have any potential business dealings people checked out somehow. Plus he(BS) seemed rich enough why get into more $ making ventures? Maybe for tax purposes? In the 1 deal where he sued to get back over $100M that deal was for his son. JMO

Some wealthy entrepreneurs see money making ventures as a hobby or a thrill. I can see someone like BS suing Rothberg over $150K (which was filed the last day BS was seen) for ego to show that he won't be taken advantage of or made a fool of.

I keep reading but seldom have anything to say in this case. As I'm reading today, all I can think is in most cases we ask "who was their enemy?" In this case, I'm wondering "who WASN'T their enemy?" The list of potential POI just keeps growing and growing! How do you live each day with the weight of that on your shoulders? Well it must not have bothered the Shermans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal