Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://omny.fm/shows/tasha-kheiriddin/toronto-police-barry-and-honey-sherman-deaths-a-do

Tasha Kheiriddin and legal analyst Joseph Neuberger discuss the Sherman case, and what is meant by the phrase 'targeted killing.'

At 7:01 in the 7:25 length audio clip, Neuberger concludes
...this was a much more professional operation, and so it's much more difficult to investigate.

I'm still waiting to hear what makes LE describe this as a professional hit, as opposed to an 'unsophisticated' murder-for-hire by local th_gs. They must have some very clear evidence of it that they can't discuss publicly for now. :lipssealed:

I was always scratching my head about a friend of Barry's whose initials are FD. None of the articles mention if if HS was OK with Barry bankrolling his schemes.(I would certainly stop my husband from bankrolling a grandiose schemer who bankrupted a brewery & who now produces B Vampire movies that lose money)

I wonder if HS thought FD was using her husband & pressured BS to quit financing his $$$ ventures.Could the Shermans have had plans to cut FD loose from their purse strings? I just get the feeling that displeasing FD could be at the very least unpleasant at the worst extremely scary.Please read "dotr" post which summarizes a few of FD schemes paid for by BS. I would ask everyone when discussing him to refer to him as FD because of TOS Rules. :tos:

This is a post is from Websleuths poster dotr. It is post #1094 from thread 2 I have included the following link to the original post
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...017-2&p=13834036&highlight=Frank#post13834036

A meal with Frank D’Angelo: Pitchman, entrepreneur, auteur
Over a boozy lunch, Canada’s beverage baron explains his latest reinvention and calls upon his Hollywood friends
http://www.macleans.ca/culture/movie...r-film-auteur/Jonathon Gatehouse

Emphasis this is just my opinion:I am only adding FD to the sketchy people we have discussed. There are a lot of people who wanted 'a piece of the Sherman fortune' my worst fear is some wouldn't take NO for an answer.
:deadhorse:
:cow:

I’m leaning more toward professional hitmen hired by pharma as it relates to JD. Not FD. IMO.

I’m leaning more toward professional hitmen hired by pharma as it relates to JD. Not FD. IMO.

Yes I’m leaning that way too. Wonder if JD feels like a dead man walking.

Definitely a professional hit. But who it relates to is up in the air IMO. Too many possibilities to even make a guess.

If this was a hired hit, it really doesn’t seem like a “professional” job. To me it seems needlessly messy and drawn out - like what happens when you hire your guys at the King of Clubs.

My understanding of a “targeted” killing is just that they weren’t random victims. The killer(s) was/were there to murder them.

If this was a hired hit, it really doesn’t seem like a “professional” job. To me it seems needlessly messy and drawn out - like what happens when you hire your guys at the King of Clubs.

My understanding of a “targeted” killing is just that they weren’t random victims. The killer(s) was/were there to murder them.
Needlessly messy to send a strong message to anyone else who may have knowledge of the motive perhaps??
Maybe someone is running scared!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's how I'm reading "targeted" as well. BS and HS were the intended victims. It doesn't necessarily imply a professional hit.

jmo

Yes I’m leaning that way too. Wonder if JD feels like a dead man walking.

It would be interesting to know what JD did after resigning "effective immediately". Is he visible, out in public around Toronto? Or did he hop a plane to parts unknown or otherwise disappear?

https://omny.fm/shows/tasha-kheiriddin/toronto-police-barry-and-honey-sherman-deaths-a-do

Tasha Kheiriddin and legal analyst Joseph Neuberger discuss the Sherman case, and what is meant by the phrase 'targeted killing.'

At 7:01 in the 7:25 length audio clip, Neuberger concludes

I'm still waiting to hear what makes LE describe this as a professional hit, as opposed to an 'unsophisticated' murder-for-hire by local th_gs. They must have some very clear evidence of it that they can't discuss publicly for now. :lipssealed:
1. they've scoped out the house beforehand and went in knowing exactly how they were going to stage the deaths
2. they've gathered information on the Sherman's movements
3. they've successfully prepared to capture two people - not as easy as it sounds when you can't predict behaviour and aren't so familiar with a building, whether they would film them, call police, hit a panic button or escape
4. they've not left behind the wrist bindings
5. they knew that in hanging suicides it isn't unusual for the person to restrain their own arms
6. they've got in and out undetected, presumably, not that easy especially if it was more than one perpetrator
7. they've left police scratching their heads over whether it was murder
8. the Shermans had no idea they were in danger and hadn't taken extra precautions or told anyone they feared for their safety
9. they may have disarmed indoor personal security cameras

It's not looking unsophisticated to me.

So it was a former Apotex employee who made Teva aware of the espionage, you’d think it would have to be someone fairly high up at Apotex to even know about it.

1. they've scoped out the house beforehand and went in knowing exactly how they were going to stage the deaths
3. they've successfully prepared to capture two people - not as easy as it sounds when you can't predict behaviour and aren't so familiar with a building, whether they would film them, call police, hit a panic button or escape
5. they knew that in hanging suicides it isn't unusual for the person to restrain their own arms
6. they've got in and out undetected, presumably, not that easy especially if it was more than one perpetrator
8. the Shermans had no idea they were in danger and hadn't taken extra precautions or told anyone they feared for their safety

I totally agree. This was long in the planning and they knew what they were doing. Total pros IMO.

To be contrarian:

1. They may have been in the house before as guests if not hired killers, also they may have simply lay in wait. Staging the deaths is unnecessary and unprofessional.

2. Or they lay in wait

3. Why capture them? Seems sloppy. Two slugs or slit their throats.

4. Seems instinctive. Binding the wrists seems unnecessarily drawn out.

5. Not established or proven, wholly speculative.

6. Depends on security measures. There are suggestions they weren’t security conscious people. Not hard to do in darkness. We also don’t know if they were seen at all.

7. Not established. Police may have been onto murder quicker than we think.

8. That seems like their established lifestyle. Again, if the killers were known to them, which can’t be ruled out, it’s irrelevant.

9. Not proven at this point. Shermans may not have used security cameras. Lots of people have alarm/security systems and never bother.

I totally agree. This was long in the planning and they knew what they were doing. Total pros IMO.

I disagree. Real pros use guns. The real pros are probably rolling their eyes and sneering at this.

Would the US Navy Seals terminate someone by hanging them with a leather belt?

So it was a former Apotex employee who made Teva aware of the espionage, you’d think it would have to be someone fairly high up at Apotex to even know about it.

When you are employed by a drug company, even the lowest employee must sign confidentiality agreements, called 'no sell/no tell' agreements.

I think that whoever knew of Desais personal life with his 'girlfriend' at Teva would be the 'ones in the know'.

Industrial Espionage is rampant in all companies involved with intellectual property but especially in the drug companies, all employees are made aware of it before hiring even happens. If you won't agree to their terms on the no sell/no tell, you have no job.

We don't know who alerted Teva, it could have been a friend at Teva who knew the girlfriend, not necessarily an Apotex person.

Googling Teva etc might find you the answer.

When you are employed by a drug company, even the lowest employee must sign confidentiality agreements, called 'no sell/no tell' agreements.

I think that whoever knew of Desais personal life with his 'girlfriend' at Teva would be the 'ones in the know'.

Industrial Espionage is rampant in all companies involved with intellectual property but especially in the drug companies, all employees are made aware of it before hiring even happens. If you won't agree to their terms on the no sell/no tell, you have no job.

We don't know who alerted Teva, it could have been a friend at Teva who knew the girlfriend, not necessarily an Apotex person.

Googling Teva etc might find you the answer.

It was reported in a number of news articles that it came from a former Apotex employee:

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.phill...sharing-trade-secrets-20170712.html?amphtml=y

“According to court documents, the communications came to light after a former Apotex employee reported last summer that Desai and Apotex had openly discussed information about an unidentified drug, Product X, that Teva was developing and that competed with an Apotex product.”

Rsbm. I always kept FD in the back of my mind, also. He spoke kindly of BS, stating how close they were, but it for some reason always rubbed me the wrong way, and I wondered how "close" they actually were. Sounds to me that BS just financed his grandiose ideas, and then eventually gave him the boot and handed his beverage business to his son. JMO.

Early on in this I came across an article referencing alleged links between FD and biker gangs. I will see if I can find it again. Moo

Early on in this I came across an article referencing alleged links between FD and biker gangs. I will see if I can find it again. Moo

FD has been the strangest “celebrity” in Toronto for a good 15 years. I have friends who are fascinated with him.

But unless FD is in BS's will, I am not sure how he would profit from BS's death. He has a better chance of getting money from BS while he is alive.

perhaps loans for a lot of money to him are undocumented? Just a hunch

Or he became scared for his life, on the day police announced it was murder.

I’m not sure I understand. Do you mean scared of jd? Because Jack would have already assumed it was a double homicide. Or do you think that until it was announced, jack suspected a murder suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills