Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know since BS was FD's closest and best good friend did he FD pay back BS all of the over $100M plus other loans (Movie deals) he owed to the Sherman's?

of course not. But we don’t know if repayment was ever demanded or even expected.

Sherman cousin Kerry Winter speaks with Toronto Police
Published: February 2, 2018
Updated: February 2, 2018 12:42 PM EST

Kerry Winter went into Toronto Police’s homicide squad office at about 9 p.m.

He was out by 1 a.m.

“A four-hour interview,” he said Friday.

And after a day of massive media coverage in which he told numerous reporters that in the 1990s he was asked by Barry Sherman to hire somebody to murder his wife Honey, the disgruntled first cousin of the late Apotex billionaire was back at work.

“Everything went smooth,” he told me.
Winter said he also did a second, independent lie detector test. “My lawyer arranged a polygraph after the CBC’s and I initially passed with flying colours” but “hours later it was inconclusive. Two tests, three results.”

He recalled “on the question that something happened, re: Barry asking me to arrange the murder of Honey, the examiner said there was truth, but l embellished.”
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/sherman-cousin-kerry-winter-speaks-with-toronto-police

How does one pass a poly with flying colors then hours later it's inconclusive. KW talks in a word salad.

the first test was his name, address and age :D

:laughing: gotta find some humor in these horrific cases we follow. Between this and the Toronto serial killer B.M. it's too much.

His girlfriend is a well known Canadian movie Director. It is the title of a Linwood Barclay book that is being made into a movie.
A method to the madness!
imo.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16268905-never-saw-it-coming

Keisha Ceylon is a psychic. At least, that's what she passes herself off as. The truth is, Keisha's real powers have more to do with separating troubled families from their money than actually seeing into the netherworld. Keisha watches the news for stories of missing family members. She gives it a few days, then moves in, tells these families she's had a vision, that she may have some clue to where these missing people are. And by the way, she charges for this service, and likes to see the money up front.

Wow. Finally managed to catch up with all this case. Fascinating in a horrible way. I was one of the ones who was wrong about the murder suicide, I'm glad that it wasn't that. But what a horrifying situation for them to go through.

The cousin is really putting himself out there.. If he is the murderer then he would be damn stupid to be speaking out like he is.
Criminals are not known for being intelligent. If you tried to list all the dumb ones we'd be here all day. Remember the guy who staged his own death and then bleached his hair and moved back in with his girlfriend?

I think KW is lying about not knowing who did it and thinking it was a murder/suicide. He's gloating because it has been over a month and they haven't arrested him yet.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

None of the cousins were orphaned at age 12. They ranged in age from 3 to 7 when their parents died in late 1965. Their ages when orphaned certainly doesn't negate what you're saying, I just wanted to clarify they were a lot younger than 12.

"Then, in 1958, Lou and Beverley adopted a baby boy, Tim, and, as sometimes happens, Beverley became pregnant. She gave birth to Jeffrey in 1960, Kerry in 1961 and Dana in 1962."

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/

It’s interesting to me that Tim, the only one of the brothers originally adopted, is the only one standing on his own two feet.

But thus far, the court has sided with BS, so legally, anything he did for them was out of his own generosity. (Morally, it may be a different matter, but he did not "trick them out of their inheritance.")
Yeah, he knew good and well that what he was doing was "legally" feasible. I think that's what the OP means when they say "tricked".

I remain of the opinion that what BS did was dishonest. He went against everything a dying woman wanted for her children. So yes, morally, not great. JMO.

I also don't think anything he did in his lifetime warranted his death, and that of his lovely wife. It's heinous in every possible way, and I hope the Sherman family receives justice, and the perpetrator(s) held responsible. I just want to clarify that.

Criminals are not known for being intelligent. If you tried to list all the dumb ones we'd be here all day. Remember the guy who staged his own death and then bleached his hair and moved back in with his girlfriend?

I think KW is lying about not knowing who did it and thinking it was a murder/suicide. He's gloating because it has been over a month and they haven't arrested him yet.

Oh MY. I hadn't heard about that case but I just googled it!
Yeah I tend to agree with you about KW. I think he knows something even if he wasn't directly involved.

However, BS first tricked them out of their inheritance and then he doled out money when he felt it was right. When the cousins figured out what he had done and they sued him for the 5% each of the shares they were due .BS took anything good he had done and took everything back.This didn't just affect the W children,it also would have had an affect on the W kids,children . I personally would not have done it. He took thier homes.....

We also don't know what the W kids would have done with the money. They would not have to be dependant on BS's whim to get money that IMO should have gone to the W kid's in the first place. That would have taken some stress away from them.

All JMO

A couple of them were drug addicts. Are drug addicts allowed to work with drugs? Could they have worked for two years? Did they quit after treatment?

————————

The first states that all of Lou Winter’s sons would be given the opportunity to become “responsible full-time employees” once they turned 21 or completed their formal education. Second, any employed child who worked two years with the company would “have the right to purchase five per cent of the issued shares of the company or companies owning the purchased business.” However, the option could be exercised only if Sherman, Ulster or Ulster’s father kept control of the business.

Yeah, he knew good and well that what he was doing was "legally" feasible. I think that's what the OP means when they say "tricked".

I remain of the opinion that what BS did was dishonest. He went against everything a dying woman wanted for her children. So yes, morally, not great. JMO.

I also don't think anything he did in his lifetime warranted his death, and that of his lovely wife. It's heinous in every possible way, and I hope the Sherman family receives justice, and the perpetrator(s) held responsible. I just want to clarify that.

Why would he hire drug addicts? Is that even legal?

I agree that given all that Barry had, he never should have taken their homes. I think he did set out to take over the company, and not give them their fair share. Then when he found out at least two of the older brothers had truly fallen on hard times ( drug addiction etc. ) he did a certain amount by giving them money for rehab, homes, cottages, etc. but this was probably really " peanuts " for Barry. Don't forget the Shermans were public figures in the Canadian, and Jewish Philanthropic, as well as Political worlds. In a very pragmatic way he may have just been protecting the Sherman name. It all backfired with the lawsuits started by " the orphans " . The fight got ugly, and Barry with all his money had the advantage. He could have been more benevolent, letting them have what he had already given them, and just walked away, but he, perhaps by nature, fought to win, like he did in the hundreds of Big Pharma lawsuits he waged over the years. The end result is that they all appear in a bad light, greedy, grasping, vengeful, fighting over money, but then, that is the way of the world. IMO

Benevolently letting drug pushers get the money as the cousins sold off their assets?

A couple of them were drug addicts. Are drug addicts allowed to work with drugs? Could they have worked for two years? Did they quit after treatment?

I think they became drug addicts later on. I believe if they had been hired and mentored they would not have become drug addicts. It's a shame.

I agree that there would've been problems with employment by the time they made contact with BS in the late 1980s. But the crux of the matter is that BS sold Empire in 1972 when the children were still very young, somewhere between 11 and 14 years of age. With the sale of the company, the opportunities were taken from them long before they wrecked their own lives. They didn’t even know those opportunities had existed in the past until they started asking questions around 1999-2001 if I’m correct.

As soon as their parents died, either the executor of the estate of the mother (Royal Trust) and/or the Official Guardian should have been on top of this 'inheritance' IF it existed as reported.

The Winters went to court against RT and did not win. Im not sure of the details but it seems wrong to me, IF this was true.

Possibly, once he sold the firm, BS was indeed relieved of those clauses. Remember, in the eyes of the law, that which is MORAL isn't necessarily LEGAL. We can judge til the cows come home but it all hinges on LAW. Usually the law is very clear. I suspect, BS was not obligated to carry it forward. Just my opinion and best guess.

————————

The first states that all of Lou Winter’s sons would be given the opportunity to become “responsible full-time employees” once they turned 21 or completed their formal education. Second, any employed child who worked two years with the company would “have the right to purchase five per cent of the issued shares of the company or companies owning the purchased business.” However, the option could be exercised only if Sherman, Ulster or Ulster’s father kept control of the business.
Honestly, can we stop shaming them for developing drug addictions? Please try to understand the complexities involved, the trauma involved, with how and why folks develop drug addictions.

The fact remains that BS went against the wishes of their mother. The cousins were never informed that any such agreement exist. It's not about whether or not the cousins would have fulfilled the requirements to be hired, or be given the 5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties