Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She had arthritis. I don't think she could knock out anyone out. "The trying hard not to fall flat on her face" was from her Dancing with the stars for charity event because she had arthritis that really bothered her but she took part in the event for charity.

I have osteoarthritis. I’m facing a double hip replacement. I would go out fighting for my children and grandchildren. Being a senior can bring out inner strengths. IMO

Wouldn't there be some blood on the stairs or in that area. I was under the impression that the only pool (no pun intended) of block was near where they were hanged.

TPS said she was killed elsewhere to where she was found. I assume they meant more than inches.

TPS said she was killed elsewhere to where she was found. I assume they meant more than inches.

Do you have a link to where TPS said this? My understanding is that this was an early rumor from a journalist's tweets that were later deleted.

I thought LE said she was sitting in a pool of her own blood from her face but little was on her top which leads them to believe that she was face first on the floor bleeding before she was attached to the pool railing.

"Sources"
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/much-loved-billionaire-couple-found-dead-in-north-york-mansion
Sources close to the case believe Honey may have been killed in a secondary location in the $6.9 million Old Colony Rd. house and then moved to the location where she was later found with her deceased husband.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...rivate-investigators-believe-source-1.4496686
Private investigators also believe that Honey struggled with her killer or killers. She had cuts on her lip and nose, and was sitting in a pool of her own blood when she was discovered. However, there was comparatively little blood apparent on her upper-body clothing, suggesting that she had been face-down on the tile, bleeding, for some time before being bound to the handrail in an upright position, the source said.
rbbm.

Even though seasoned investigators are working this case along with TPS, there hasn't been any progress or new developments and imo,
it's not because they are being tight lipped and don't want the killers to know they are onto them. The Sherman's died over two months ago and LE still don't have a suspect or poi. If the Sherman's were murdered, why didn't their children offer a reward for information?
LE interviewed KW and if they believed he was involved, he'd be behind bars.

Except that is not how LE works in real life. Most cases like this don't offer rewards. Rewards are when there is a dead end.
If they arrest someone, they have to have a good case against them or else they can be released after arrest. Also they need a lot of facts to get a warrant. They got a lot of flack for the leaks early in the case so of course they will be tight lipped.

We have no idea what information that they are working with and forensics (150 bulk items) require time to process. It is not the only big case in this city. Also if there were no evidence, then why spend 6 weeks at the crime scene. That amount of time is usually unheard of. If there were no leads then they would have released it weeks earlier.

Does anyone know if the PI’s are still going through the house?

Except that is not how LE works in real life. Most cases like this don't offer rewards. Rewards are when there is a dead end.
If they arrest someone, they have to have a good case against them or else they can be released after arrest. Also they need a lot of facts to get a warrant. They got a lot of flack for the leaks early in the case so of course they will be tight lipped.

We have no idea what information that they are working with and forensics (150 bulk items) require time to process. It is not the only big case in this city. Also if there were no evidence, then why spend 6 weeks at the crime scene. That amount of time is usually unheard of. If there were no leads then they would have released it weeks earlier.

Totally agree. TPS will be working through, in a methodical manner, whatever information they have gleaned and continuing to interview and investigate the items taken from the scene.

If and when they have information for public consumption, they will let us know.

Please remember that whatever they find, if practical to do so, will be run past the family before being released to the public.

That would exclude anything needed for a successful prosecution of a suspect. That kind of information is NOT given to the family for obvious reasons.

I do think we will hear something but not in the immediate future.

Nope seen this before type thing in news etc, maybe he did call a hit on his wife and Kerry to boot as Kerry stated. Knew Kerry couldn’t pay, wanted to come home late after it happened plausible deniability. All speculation. Kerry said he finally did it.

There’s no law saying homeowners, agents must disclose murders, suicides to potential buyers, lawyer says
Posted: Feb 18, 2018 6:00 AM ET Last Updated: Feb 18, 2018 6:00 AM ET

But in downtown Toronto she says people aren't bothered much by homes that have seen unnatural deaths.

"They don't mind if there's a suicide. Murder is a different story especially now there's so many of them in the news," she said. "That will affect value in the sense of there might be less people bidding on the homes."

For particularly notorious murders, she says homes might stay on the market longer and might have to be demolished.
RSBM
(article contains image of the Sherman's house)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/murder-suicide-home-sale-1.4540866

I have to wonder deep down if this case is more than the TPS is capable of solving. Especially if there is an international element involved (my speculation only).
The worst case for the family would be that they never get justice and spend the rest of their lives living in uncertainty.

Were Honey and Barry’s caskets closed during the Funeral Service? .

Ex-Teva Exec Didn't Violate CFAA In Sharing Info With Lover
Law360, Philadelphia (January 30, 2018, 5:26 PM EST) -- A Pennsylvania federal judge on Tuesday threw out a Computer Fraud and Abuse Act claim against an ex-Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. executive facing claims that she shared trade secrets with the CEO of Apotex Inc. during the course of their romantic relationship.

U.S. District Judge Timothy Savage said that the CFAA limited claims to individuals who access a protected computer without authorization, whereas ex-Teva regulatory affairs director Barinder Sandhu did have authorization to access the information that she ultimately shared with Apotex CEO Jeremy Desai.

“Because Teva does not allege that Sandhu acted without authorization or exceeded her authorized access, the CFAA claim against her must be dismissed,” the opinion siad.

The judge did agree to allow CFAA claims against Desai and Apotex to move forward on the theory that the co-defendants were granted “indirect unauthorized access” to protected Teva information.
“The statute, read plainly, does not ensnare a person who was authorized to obtain information in the computer, but was not authorized to use it the way she did,” the opinion said. “Had Congress intended the statute to punish one who misuses information she was authorized to obtain, it knew how to do so.”

The opinion noted, however, that at least four federal appeals courts had opted for a broad interpretation of the statute allowing employees to be held liable for misuse of information even if they were authorized to access it.

But the same narrow interpretation of the statute, the decision said, could not be applied to Apotex and Desai.

“Outsiders, like Apotex and Desai, are not treated the same as insiders,” Judge Savage said. “Rather, they are akin to hackers, those the CFAA aimed to hold criminally and civilly liable.”
The ruling also left intact claims against Sandhu for misappropriation of trade secrets under both federal and state law, and for breach of fiduciary duty.

The judge likewise allowed Teva to move forward with claims against Desai and Apotex for allegedly aiding and abetting Sandhu’s breach of fiduciary duty, and for tortious interference with Sandhu’s employment agreement with Teva.
(RSBM)
Link to the cache version:
https://webcache.googleusercontent....ing-info-with-lover+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

I have to wonder deep down if this case is more than the TPS is capable of solving. Especially if there is an international element involved (my speculation only).
The worst case for the family would be that they never get justice and spend the rest of their lives living in uncertainty.
Sometimes my mind goes here as well. It certainly wouldn't be the first cold case in history, that's for sure.

It's still quite early though. There's so many possibilities, and a ton of information to go through. Let's hope they get there. We're on the outside, they could very well be onto something.

Hey Everyone,

We did need to remove over 15 posts today because of either being off topic, posting non-msn sources or mentioned politics.

If it appears this case is in some way tied to politics yes then we can discuss this scenario. Until then let's leave politics out of the discussion, please?

Thank you,
Tricia

LE said Honey was beaten inside her home and her dead body was found tied to a rail sitting next to her husband's dead body.. .
Had she been chocked, punched in the face with a fist?
LE found Honey’s blood inside the house, not Barry’s.
Two unidentified belts that belong to a male were tied to each body.
On Wednesday, an altercation occurred inside the home after dark.
The couple kept an appointment with their architect around 5 pm.
How did they interact at the meeting? Was there discord? The architect is a key witness.
I can’t confirm whether the architect was interviewed by LE.
The architect apparently hasn’t spoken with the media either.
Did Fifth Estate ask the Architect if they could talk to him?
Is he allowed to speak publicly?

Honey and Barry drove home alone in separate cars.
Barry arrived at 50 Old Colony Road 2 hours after his wife. No one else was there. No pets.
What did Honey do before Barry got there? She hadn’t changed her clothes.
Did Honey contact anyone before Barry got there?
Barry's last message was sent from his office.
Barry didn’t contact anyone when he was alone with Honey.

Were the Sherman’s children required by law to identify their parents after their death? If so, they saw the injuries on Honey’s face.
The medical examiner's report would describe the injuries he observed on Honey's face and entire body.so he knows what likely caused them and shared his opinion with LE and the investigators. .

Was a vigil or wake held before the funeral? Were friends and relatives allowed to walk by their open caskets?
None of the reports mention whether a public viewing was held. There is only a picture of everyone seated inside the church.
There are no pictures of the caskets being carried in and out of the church or of the mourners entering the Church.
I can’t tell whether the caskets are open. Can someone enlarge the picture of the coffins?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/bizar...-at-memorial-for-billionaire-couple-1.3730799

The doors of the house were locked but unprotected.
There was no security system monitoring the grounds and inside of the home when this incident occurred.
No specific details have been released.
A relative said Barry wanted his wife dead years ago.
Was the security equipment inside the home disabled to conceal a criminal act?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ