Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the reminder! If taking the thread off-topic was partially my fault, my apologies as my intent was only to demonstrate how homicides staged to appear as suicide by hanging are not absolutely uncommon, either in Canada or elsewhere. In other examples months or even years passed before the truth became known.

So just to more accurately summarize what I was thinking because it wasn’t clear....

In this case, it was only a matter of less than six weeks when TPS announced that same determination was made. While it may have seemed that was a long time before arriving at that conclusion, compared to other similar cases in reality that was not so.

Therefore the targeted homicides may not have been as cunningly or deceptively disguised as the perp/s intended, as the contrary evidence to M/S appears to have been quite obvious to everyone involved in the investigation, including TPS, the Coroner, the forensic pathologists and the hired team. Possibly leading to a higher likelihood the perp/s also left other incriminating evidence on or around the scene of the crime as well?

Above rbbm. Based on the way the case developed, and the disclosures made to date, I have to respectfully disagree. None of the TPS, the Coroner, and the first pathologist it would seem had enough evidence to publicly declare the crime a m/m. Not until the family hired their heavy hitters and greenspan. I suspect many in LE still have their doubts.
Jmo

Barry Sherman was helping to develop ‘pot pill’ for medical marijuana users
Pharmaceutical companies, both brand names and generics, produce many drugs (including fentanyl and other highly addictive opioids) that may be replaced by a cannabis pill, according to proponents of the CannTrust plan. That is why they think that their product can "disrupt" the market.

This led to the conclusion of an agreement between Apotex and CannTrust on 23 December. , 2016, to "develop new dosage formats and products", according to the long form of prospectus Canntrust that was submitted prior to the company that became public. That means that some pills would have different levels of THC, some CBD and some buzz. Eventually, clinical trials will have to be conducted and the results must be presented to Health Canada.

Sherman took a small position as an investor in CannTrust. The amount has not been disclosed. The company began trading in the Canadian Securities Exchange in August 2017.

Despite the death of Sherman, CannTrust and Apotex plan to continue the project, while scientists at Apotex are working on unique dosage formats.

I can’t imagine he would do or say anything that would portray the family in anything other than the best possible light. Irrespective of the truth. Jmo

Agree. In a Eulogy one is not going to speak ill of the dead.

Of course the children and others knew what the relationships were really like, for better or worse but a Eulogy isn't the time or the place, esp one so public.

I thought Jonathan said things that gave a glimpse into the family dynamics.
He commented that the eldest daughter had 'lead the way' for the other children to have a 'different' (maybe not exact words) childhood than she had experienced.

He also said that in future, they would be in much closer contact, checking up on one another. Possibly, they weren't very close until this tragedy.

He spoke about how opposite the Shermans were as people. Now, opposites can and do attract but it can also be wearing at times when there is no consensus.

This doesn't mean they didn't love one another or get along, its just part of life.

That's what I took from the Eulogy.

Welcome to CannTrust! If you’re visiting this page, you’ve already taken the first step towards understanding how cannabis may help with your medical conditions. Now it’s time to determine if medical cannabis is right for you.

You can trust CannTrust to exceed your expectations when it comes to:
  • Discreet and efficient ordering and renewal via your computer, mobile device or telephone
  • Safe, secure and timely delivery to your home or medical practitioner’s office
  • Counsel and support, including a dedicated call centre led by a prominent nurse educator and specially trained customer care team members
  • Quality product cultivated in a state-of-the-art facility and backed by more than 40 years of pharmaceutical and medical expertise
So what’s next? Follow these steps and put your trust in CannTrust.
  • Talk to your doctor and have them complete the CannTrust Medical Document.
  • Register to become a patient with CannTrust
  • Submit your documents to CannTrust online, or via secure fax line at 1-844-295-6641 or via mail at:
Patient Info | CannTrust Canada

I’m Canadian as well, although I presently live in the west. Yes I agree the power of influence and wealth certainly prevails in this country, as it does virtually everywhere. But on that fact alone, why would Greenspan’s retired coroner be required to convince the official Coroner two months after the fact that a double homicide occurred? If “influence” played a role, a hired team shouldn’t be required whatsoever, right? And by that date, we’d also have to ignore the fact the Homicide Unit took lead early on, as soon as the autopsy results were known. Then we’d have to conclude they wasted valuable time and resources on a useless investigation for something they’d already concluded did not happen. That’s a real stretch.

“...But after “thousands of hours” of investigative work, including “obtaining or executing 20 judicial authorizations and searches,” seizing more than 150 pieces of evidence, 127 witness interviews and the collection of 2,000 hours of surveillance and security video footage from adjacent homes and nearby businesses, detectives are satisfied the couple was murdered.”
Police investigation into Sherman double murder focuses on realtor’s ‘lock box’

I’ve not noticed anything Greenspan has ever stated that indicates the relationship with TPS is adversarial. To the contrary. There are definite strategic advantages when police and PI teams work together and I assume there are here as well. Some leaks regarding the autopsy findings may indeed be intentional.

“....Again, the information was unattributed, sources described this way by the Star, “People providing information for this story are not identified as they were not authorized to discuss the case,” and at the CBC simply as “a source with direct knowledge of the parallel probe…”

But later Saturday, Greenspan spoke to the Toronto Sun about the already published stories. He said he was surprised by the reports, that he “highly” doubted the leaks had come from anyone on his team (but that if the leaks had come from someone on the team that person would be let go), and said that any “observations” made by the team “would be first shared with the Toronto police. We are not here to interfere with police but to support them.”...”

Christie Blatchford: Private investigators in Sherman case share police penchant for leaks
The homicide investigation was always related to Honey ONLY....not Barry.
In other words: Honey was murdered, not Barry.

FWIW, People I know well who have/had very close ties to Apotex and Barry have told me that the children were not close, and relationships in the family were strained and distant, especially relationships with honey. That doesn’t mean Barry killed anyone of course.
The same contacts have told me that they believe this was professional killing resulting from Barry having had a significant dispute with some Russians, involving investments other than Apotex. All heresay admittedly, no one knows, and my bet is we will never know what really happened.
Russian mob: one bullet in each head.

KW,
if police one day in the future would present a perp/some perps who allegedly had done the double murder, would you believe it or would you think, they are innocent and made responsible by LE (scapegoat)?
Of course l would believe it. Evidence, a fair prosecution and an unbiased decision: guilty murderers.
However: NEVER going to be a trial. Never gojng to be an arrest. NEVER in our lifetime will phantom murderers be EVER found.

Agree. In a Eulogy one is not going to speak ill of the dead.

Of course the children and others knew what the relationships were really like, for better or worse but a Eulogy isn't the time or the place, esp one so public.

I thought Jonathan said things that gave a glimpse into the family dynamics.
He commented that the eldest daughter had 'lead the way' for the other children to have a 'different' (maybe not exact words) childhood than she had experienced.

He also said that in future, they would be in much closer contact, checking up on one another. Possibly, they weren't very close until this tragedy.

He spoke about how opposite the Shermans were as people. Now, opposites can and do attract but it can also be wearing at times when there is no consensus.

This doesn't mean they didn't love one another or get along, its just part of life.

That's what I took from the Eulogy.
I have to agree. There were many noteworthy things he said that stood out to me at the time, that hinted at family dysfunction, including the things you mentioned as well as a multitude of other things, IMO.

Above rbbm. Based on the way the case developed, and the disclosures made to date, I have to respectfully disagree. None of the TPS, the Coroner, and the first pathologist it would seem had enough evidence to publicly declare the crime a m/m. Not until the family hired their heavy hitters and greenspan. I suspect many in LE still have their doubts.
Jmo
Yesterday l reached out the Greenspan’s lead retired homicide detective Tom Klatt to ask him in a text: Are you any closer to solving the double murder?
He didn’t reply.

Or poison in a perfume bottle. Innocent woman killed by poison after spraying some onto her wrist.

Two Russians had already left the hospital after suffering from the same poison.

Years ago, a Russian was fatally poisoned with the tip of an umbrella in London.
Or a whole host of other creative and stealth ways to off people.

Back to the eulogy.

The thing that really stood out was that the eldest daughter did not stand with her brother and sisters. She and her son stood to one side, they stood with Jonathan in front (speaking) and his sisters behind him.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that but it didn't seem right to me.
I do not recall the eldest daughter speaking/singing etc either whereas the other daughters participated.

Back to the eulogy.

The thing that really stood out was that the eldest daughter did not stand with her brother and sisters. She and her son stood to one side, they stood with Jonathan in front (speaking) and his sisters behind him.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that but it didn't seem right to me.
I do not recall the eldest daughter speaking/singing etc either whereas the other daughters participated.

I think you're reading too much into it. There is quite an age gap between her and the other three, plus she had her own child there to look after, and he appeared to be pretty upset & uncomfortable.

IMO, Barry Sherman would have had a lot of time to prepare for medical marijuana and the drug formulations would have been done well in advance of his and Honeys' deaths. He was no slouch and had plenty of influence to make HIS formulation the TOP one accepted by the government.

Remember, everyone will have access to mj come October. Either medical or privately purchased.

Maybe I missed something? Barry Sherman was about to make his formulation the top one accepted by the government? What is the source of this information?

If you’re referring to Barry’s involvement in medical marijuana and the Apotex/CannTrust partnership, as clinical trials have not been completed it can’t possibly be ready for purchase by October, regardless of his murder.

From the report I linked earlier -
Mar, 2018
Health Canada approval is estimated to be two years away, but if it comes, the pills would be a disrupter in the Big Pharma brand-name drug world, and for Sherman’s own generic firm, providing an alternative to highly addictive opioids and other pharmaceuticals...........Eventually, clinical trials will have to be run and the results presented to Health Canada....”
Barry Sherman was helping to develop ‘pot pill’ for medical marijuana users | The Star

MistyWaters, not sure what you are looking for specifically....

Under the pic of Barry at the top of that article it says "If it is approved by Health Canada, the “pot pill” will be one of Barry Sherman’s greatest legacies, say people who worked with the slain billionaire."

Welcome to CannTrust! If you’re visiting this page, you’ve already taken the first step towards understanding how cannabis may help with your medical conditions. Now it’s time to determine if medical cannabis is right for you.

You can trust CannTrust to exceed your expectations when it comes to:
  • Discreet and efficient ordering and renewal via your computer, mobile device or telephone
  • Safe, secure and timely delivery to your home or medical practitioner’s office
  • Counsel and support, including a dedicated call centre led by a prominent nurse educator and specially trained customer care team members
  • Quality product cultivated in a state-of-the-art facility and backed by more than 40 years of pharmaceutical and medical expertise
So what’s next? Follow these steps and put your trust in CannTrust.
  • Talk to your doctor and have them complete the CannTrust Medical Document.
  • Register to become a patient with CannTrust
  • Submit your documents to CannTrust online, or via secure fax line at 1-844-295-6641 or via mail at:
Patient Info | CannTrust Canada

Just to clarify, medical marijuana by drs prescription has been legal in Canada since 2001 (ie smoking, vaping, etc).
It’s recreational marijuana that is to become legal later this year (smoking, vaping etc, no baked products etc is my understanding).
Indeed CannTrust operates a government approved facility to grown marijuana for medical purposes, presently legal for prescribed medical use. Once legalization has occurred, undoubtedly they intend to sell it to distributors.

But the project involving the partnership between CannTrust and Apotex to produce medical marijuana in pill form is an entirely seperate issue, unconnected to current recreational legalization.

If anyone has a source of any mention of the Liberal Govts intention to tie in recreational marijuana with medical pill forms, please post the link because although I’ve followed the developments and controversies quite closely, I must have missed that piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip