Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MistyWaters, not sure what you are looking for specifically....

Under the pic of Barry at the top of that article it says "If it is approved by Health Canada, the “pot pill” will be one of Barry Sherman’s greatest legacies, say people who worked with the slain billionaire."

Yes but that’s only one sentence. Read on....they anticipate approval is two years away and mention clinical trials have not yet occured.

Or poison in a perfume bottle. Innocent woman killed by poison after spraying some onto her wrist.

Two Russians had already left the hospital after suffering from the same poison.

Years ago, a Russian was fatally poisoned with the tip of an umbrella in London.
Explain how Russian gangsters drag Barry to the pool area, strangle him and hang him like a stuffed pig yet not a single bruise, laceration, mark, cut not defensive wound on him. How?!?!

What will be the outcome, I’m not going to guess. But because Canada is legalizing recreational marijuana, the CMA is essentially saying so what’s medical about it? It could probably be compared to folks who enjoyed with a glass of fine wine after dinner aren’t required to visit their doctor to request a prescription for wine to relieve stress.

Maybe Barry Sherman should’ve been lobbying the govt to NOT legalize pot so that it was only available through prescription, eventually in pill form? Or alternately, maybe some day marijuana pills will sit on the shelf of every drugstore right beside aspirin and other nonprescription drugs. Who can even know if it’s going to become the wonder drug in pill form that it’s presently speculated to be. Many unknowns.

Doctors want medical pot phased out after legalization: Canadian Medical Association | CBC News
"Right now, the type of evidence, the quality of evidence that we typically look for before approving drugs or before funding drugs, isn't there for cannabis," he said. "That's not necessarily to say that it won't be there in the future, and certainly that's something that a lot of physicians are watching carefully."

This doesn’t say anything. Why would he feel any obligation to respond to you?
Because months ago l met with him after he requested a get together. I was honest with about why l’m totally convinced that it was M/S. Tom didn’t respond because there’s nothing to say.

I think you're reading too much into it. There is quite an age gap between her and the other three, plus she had her own child there to look after, and he appeared to be pretty upset & uncomfortable.
Lauren, the eldest despised her mother for many yrs. The sunglasses didn’t cover tears.

Because months ago l met with him after he requested a get together. I was honest with about why l’m totally convinced that it was M/S. Tom didn’t respond because there’s nothing to say.

During your various media appearances and interviews I recall you saying that you were probably viewed as a suspect.

Do you still think so?

Explain how Russian gangsters drag Barry to the pool area, strangle him and hang him like a stuffed pig yet not a single bruise, laceration, mark, cut not defensive wound on him. How?!?!

That's not what I was getting at, simply that its not only a bullet to the head.

This was much, much more personal IMO.

I suspect that they were incapacitated from behind and then strangled and hung by the pool.

I think you're reading too much into it. There is quite an age gap between her and the other three, plus she had her own child there to look after, and he appeared to be pretty upset & uncomfortable.
I’m not sure that there can be “too much looking into it” in a case like this. I think all forms of analysis can help paint a picture of what we are looking at, especially since we are almost 8 months after the fact and nothing has been established yet, if ever.

That's not what I was getting at, simply that its not only a bullet to the head.

This was much, much more personal IMO.

That the double homicides occurred in their own home indicates a very personal connection to me as well, on opportunity for private face-to-face interaction, a warped hostage-like situation, held captive not for ransom but unto death.

It is a great leap to take, that the fact that he said nothing, means that there is nothing to say. Given the fact that you are at the very least, someone who has admitted wanting to do physical harm to Barry, why on earth would anyone feel like because you agreed to a interview, that this means that you may be made privy to inside information?

I’m not sure that there can be “too much looking into it” in a case like this. I think all forms of analysis can help paint a picture of what we are looking at, especially since we are almost 8 months after the fact and nothing has been established yet, if ever.

JMO but it’s impossible to accurately determine much of anything by looking at the behaviour of a child during a memorial service of parents who suddenly were found deceased. Many people require medication just to endure the day without losing control entirely. Others are on autopilot and don’t remember one thing about attending their parents funeral as denial is a natural stage of grieving.

JMO but it’s impossible to accurately determine much of anything by looking at the behaviour of a child during a memorial service of parents who suddenly were found deceased. Many people require medication just to endure the day without losing control entirely. Others are on autopilot and don’t remember one thing about attending their parents funeral as denial is a natural stage of grieving.
Perhaps you are right, but I think it would imprudent not to observe all of the going’s on in a case like this. I don’t think any one thing can lead to any conclusions being drawn, but one can certainly get some ideas of an overall picture when observing; people’s words, their body language, their interactions with one another etc. Investigators often observe the behaviour of people involved in these public situations, in order to try to glean information.

If the Sherman children were estranged from their parents for years, and had no real affection or loyalty to them, I can see them initially accepting the M/S leak if they felt it was a possibility that Barry killed Honey. They would receive their inheritance regardless. But they were immediately outraged at the insinuation, and were willing to spend an estimated one million dollars of their inheritance to hire a team to investigate.

It doesn't appear that the Sherman children were involved in, benefitted from, or were active participants in their parent's attainment of wealth, power and influence. They went their own ways and not one child was riding on their parent's coat tail. They were out of the limelight and it seems obvious to me, that regardless of their "alleged" estrangement with their parents, what they did know, was that their father would never kill their mother. I trust their judgement on this, and so do all investigators.

Maybe I missed something? Barry Sherman was about to make his formulation the top one accepted by the government? What is the source of this information?

If you’re referring to Barry’s involvement in medical marijuana and the Apotex/CannTrust partnership, as clinical trials have not been completed it can’t possibly be ready for purchase by October, regardless of his murder.

From the report I linked earlier -
Mar, 2018
Health Canada approval is estimated to be two years away, but if it comes, the pills would be a disrupter in the Big Pharma brand-name drug world, and for Sherman’s own generic firm, providing an alternative to highly addictive opioids and other pharmaceuticals...........Eventually, clinical trials will have to be run and the results presented to Health Canada....”
Barry Sherman was helping to develop ‘pot pill’ for medical marijuana users | The Star

Barry was working on an alternative for addictions to opiods and other pharmaceuticals...THAT would have been his greatest legacy.

:THINKing: about that.

ETA: Big Pharma is profiting from both opioids and overdose treatments

Last edited:
If the Sherman children were estranged from their parents for years, and had no real affection or loyalty to them, I can see them initially accepting the M/S leak if they felt it was a possibility that Barry killed Honey. They would receive their inheritance regardless. But they were immediately outraged at the insinuation, and were willing to spend an estimated one million dollars of their inheritance to hire a team to investigate.

It doesn't appear that the Sherman children were involved in, benefitted from, or were active participants in their parent's attainment of wealth, power and influence. They went their own ways and not one child was riding on their parent's coat tail. They were out of the limelight and it seems obvious to me, that regardless of their "alleged" estrangement with their parents, what they did know, was that their father would never kill their mother. I trust their judgement on this, and so do all investigators.
All good points, but one cannot forget how deeply family loyalty and family reputation can motivate and impact a person. Even if family dynamics are completely dysfunctional, some people will still jump in front of a train for family. For ex., when I was first starting therapy as a young adult, my therapist suggested that my parents were abusive. It took me years to accept that this might be true. Many years even after that, I finally understood what that therapist said to me was true. It took forever because of a weird sense of familial loyalty.

Good points!

I’m unable to find the source and it’s too late to dig through earlier threads but I’m almost certain that early on it was stated that one of the reasons the Shermans were building the new house was because of its location and Honey would be closer to her grandchildren.

Does anyone else remember that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member