Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but you whole point seems to be that it’s NEVER reliable. In fact, in the Sherman investigation, almost all of the information from anon sources WAS reliable.

Every detail you had about the crime scene was from anon sources and only confirmed last Friday by Brian Greenspan. Nothing official from police beyond that they were strangled.

What specifically are you referring to “nothing official from police beyond they were strangled”? I’m assuming you do know the TPS announced they were investigating the Sherman deaths as a targeted double homicide last January?

Of course there are contradictions. And if you go to court and a trial there will Still be contradictions. That’s how it works. This isn’t a TV show. Real life is full of contradictions.

Anon sources that you want silenced, based on your comments, are the source of almost all the knowledge about the crime scene that we have.

Very true, this isn’t a TV Show nor is the media a courtroom.

What specifically are you referring to “nothing official from police beyond they were strangled”? I’m assuming you do know the TPS announced they were investigating the Sherman deaths as a targeted double homicide last January?

Yes. I do know that.

And do you know that anon sources told you they were hanging by the pool, that Honey was beaten and bloody and Barry wasn’t, that their coats or jackets were adjusted to immobilize them and on and on? None of that came from official police sources. And it’s all correct.

Would you prefer that the public not know that?

Last edited:
Yes. I do know that.

And do you know that anon sources told you they were hanging by the pool, that Honey was beaten and bloody and Barry wasn’t, that their coats or jackets were adjusted to immobilize them and on and on. None of that came from police. And it’s all correct.

Well if Police wasn’t the source, I’m certain they’re interested in who it is because other than the killer, who would know? IIRC that information also originated from the same anonymous “police source” who promoted the m/s theory.

Of course there are contradictions. And if you go to court and a trial there will Still be contradictions. That’s how it works. This isn’t a TV show. Real life is full of contradictions.

Anon sources that you want silenced, based on your comments, are the source of almost all the knowledge about the crime scene that we have.

You spend a lot of time splitting hairs when it’s the big picture that’s important.

Why were Barry and Honey Sherman hanging by the pool?

How about you tell us as you appear to know the answer - Why were Barry and Honey Sherman hanging by the pool?

Well if Police wasn’t the source, I’m certain they’re interested in who it is because other than the killer, who would know? IIRC that information also originated from the same anonymous “police source” who promoted the m/s theory.

Exactly, an ANONYMOUS police source not official. And you keep denouncing the anonymous sources who provided almost all the information about the case until Brian Greenspan finally confirmed it last FRiday.

So, which would you prefer? No information or mostly correct Information from anon sources because official sources weren’t going to give you anything beyond ligature strangulation?

Last edited:
How about you tell us as you appear to know the answer - Why were Barry and Honey Sherman hanging by the pool?

I have no idea why they were hanging by the pool. I might be $10 million richer if I did.

But I do know that for nine months you have had that accurate information About the crime scene because anonymous sources provided it to the media. The police have never officially provided those details.

And you have spent countless posts complaining about those anonymous sources and saying they shouldn’t be believed.

Last edited:
I have no idea. But I do know that for nine months you have had that accurate information because anonymous sources provided it to the media. The police have never officially provided those details.

And you have spent countless posts complaining about those anonymous sources and saying they shouldn’t be believed.

The discussion topic immediately prior to your first post here tonight pertained to anonymous police sources who initially claimed a m/s occurred.

The discussion topic immediately prior to your first post here tonight pertained to anonymous police sources who initially claimed a m/s occurred.

Moving the goalposts.

So are you now cool with all info from anon sources except the one officer who told Joe Warmington it was murder suicide?

Or are you also upset about the named officers who said No forced entry and no suspects being sought?

Last edited:
Moving the goalposts.

So are you now cool with all info from anon sources except the one officer who told Joe Warmington it was murder suicide?

You who wrote this isn’t a TV show. I replied the media isn’t a courtroom. Unless we’ve entered the era of anonymous witness testimony.

You who wrote this isn’t a TV show. I replied the media isn’t a courtroom. Unless we’ve entered the era of anonymous witness testimony.

Again, as I stated above, the media plays a different role from courts. Courts have recognized the value of anonymous sources and the need to protect them.

In a democracy, courts and the media play Different and important roles.

For some reason, the Media’s use of anonymous sources seems to upset you but you can’t or won’t say why.

Last edited:
Again, as I stated above, the media plays a different role from courts. Courts have recognized the value of anonymous sources and the need to protect them.

In a democracy, courts and the media play Different and important roles.

For some reason, the Media’s use of anonymous sources seems to upset you but you can’t or won’t say why.

Thank you but I’m quite familiar with the role the media plays.

Did you read my post #375? I have no idea why you seem to think “anonymous sources seems to upset me” or why you’d even care.

Lawyer divulging details of how Sherman bodies were found could impact case: Saunders

“....At an Oct. 26 news conference, lawyer Brian Greenspan said the bodies, discovered in the couple’s North York home on Old Colony Road on Dec. 15, 2017, were found in a “suspicious and staged manner.”

He said the two were “sitting next to each other, with ligatures pulled up around their necks and wrapped around a railing, forcing them into an upright position.” Greenspan added that “Barry Sherman’s legs were outstretched with one crossed over the other in a passive manner, wearing his undisturbed eyeglasses and his jacket pulled slightly behind his back, which would have prevented use of his arms.”

The apparent details of how the bodies were found were not made available to the public previously, a fact that Saunders said could have an impact on the investigation.

“The more information you give out to the public, it taints your investigation,” Saunders said. “So now certain things are said and out there in public domain and the next witness comes in and starts talking about those things … it makes it harder from a credibility perspective to make it authentic.”

Thank you but I’m quite familiar with the role the media plays.

Did you read my post #375? I have no idea why you seem to think “anonymous sources seems to upset me” or why you’d even care.

Because you’ve written dozens of outraged posts on this thread about how anonymous sources aren’t credible and you have consistently condemned the media for using them.

I’m glad you’ve done some research and now understand why anon sources are used and why courts often support them.

Anon sources have told us most of what we know about this case, something you have also now recognized.

Looks like we agree now that you have changed your mind and believe that anon sources, as they have done in this case, often provide important facts that the public has a right to know.

Because you’ve written dozens of outraged posts on this thread about how anonymous sources aren’t credible and you have consistently condemned the media for using them.

I’m glad you’ve done some research and now understand why anon sources are used and why courts often support them.

Anon sources have told us most of what we know about this case, something you have also now recognized.

Looks like we agree now that you have changed your mind and believe that anon sources, as they have done in this case, often provide important facts that the public has a right to know.

The quote from the Police Chief expressed concern that information released might harm the Sherman investigation, and reasons why. If you think that somehow offers support of anonymous media sources, well I think I’d have to disagree.

WARMINGTON: Tips on Sherman murders pouring in
Oct 30 2018
“The tip line has been flooded with calls,” the esteemed lawyer said at Old City Hall courts. “The number of tips has been accelerated.”

He would not say how many calls have come into their 24/7 hotline but said it was “in the dozens” and that some even “to my own cell phone.”

Money talks."

"Since the murders on Dec. 13th will mark the one year date, my suggestion to both sides is to forget the past and think outside the box to find a way to mesh the skills, talent and information with a view to learning who is behind this and why?"
Compare notes. Solve this".

I may have spent 3- 5 mins on that unlikely scenario. I believe my first post on here about it was something like, No way! Why? Because I knew Barry Sherman was a very rich man who had many enemies. I also know how much harder it is as we age to accomplish difficult physical feats. I look at the psychological aspects of a case too. Would the mindset of someone like Barry Sherman be to murder his beloved wife and mother of his children at that time of year, with what was going on in their lives at the time? Far as I had heard, he did not have a disease or dementia. I also knew he was Jewish, which I believe does factor in.

My second thought though was that the murderer(s) will get away with this one. I don't know why, but it just came to mind almost immediately. That was just a hunch.
Agree with you

Wow. These murderers must know what their doing to have people in and out of the house for at least one full day while the victims were in the house. Even with a new lawyer, private investigators and rewards, no evidence that this case is going anywhere.
The sarcasm in this one is strong it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay