CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From post 784 @cybervampira

She confirmed Wednesday that officers from the Merritt RCMP will join forces with the Southeast District Major Crimes Unit, police dog services, air assets and the underwater recovery team in the renewed search.
IMO police have explicit info with supporting evidence to bring in the dog, aircraft & dive team. They ain’t playing.
Enough time has passed for forensics to be back, imo.
The decoy logging road appears to be of no interest. Jmo
Again, someone saw something is what I think. Headlights in a field, tire tracks or something odd.
It is simple to travel from ranch to ranch. Wire cutters come in very handy, if there’s no gate.
So he could be in the lake. It’s all so close to Nicola Lake. Where they are now, the ranch. Big one to search though.

From your link - “Today, (April 10), RCMP were scouring a neighbouring property along Monck Park Road, just down from the Nicola Ranch.”

What do you make of that? According to the above and a reporter on the ground in the video in zecats post below, today the search is at a neighbouring ranch.

I think they are searching two locations. I also think NR banned reporters from their property. We had a story on our local news covered by three local stations. Each station had their reporter stationed at a different area. All live shots were different. I watched 5, 5:30 & 6 news, a dif station each time. Each reporter had a dif angle on the story. I gave up analyzing msm. Every reporter/editor puts their spin on their assignment. Moo

Last edited:
From your link - “Today, (April 10), RCMP were scouring a neighbouring property along Monck Park Road, just down from the Nicola Ranch.”

What do you make of that? According to the above and a reporter on the ground in the video in zecats post below, today the search is at a neighbouring ranch.

I don't know, I'd like to know if that very young looking reporter had a reliable source tell her it was a 'neighbouring ranch'.

I thought that whole area was Nicola Ranch, they donated Monck Park, at the far end of their property, to the government, and appear to have subdivided some small waterfront lots next to it.

But you can see from GMaps satellite view that it's all irrigated hay fields along the end of the lake. I'm really not sure they'd have sold off land around there for someone else's, pretty tiny, ranch. Maybe it's enclosed and used for a specific purpose, so the reporter thought it was a different owner?

I don't know, I'd like to know if that very young looking reporter had a reliable source tell her it was a 'neighbouring ranch'.

I thought that whole area was Nicola Ranch, they donated Monck Park, at the far end of their property, to the government, and appear to have subdivided some small waterfront lots next to it.

But you can see from GMaps satellite view that it's all irrigated hay fields along the end of the lake. I'm really not sure they'd have sold off land around there for someone else's, pretty tiny, ranch. Maybe it's enclosed and used for a specific purpose, so the reporter thought it was a different owner?

Yeah it’s a bit of a head scratcher. While the search was happening I can imagine a scenario where local people stop on the road to have a look to see what’s going on. Especially if there’s news trucks stopped as well, they become even more curious and I’ve noticed it’s sometimes those same people who reporters get information from. So it’s possible the land is owned by NR and the source was mistaken although if so, it’s a great example of how not everything that’s reported is always true.

Last edited:
Fortunately, I think Nicola Lake would have been frozen in January, it usually is. Winter Activities around Merritt, BC - Experience Nicola Valley
As I attempted to go to sleep last night I thought about the lake, wondering if Ca has sustained enough low temps to freeze NL & it to remain frozen. Possibly there’s smaller ponds LE is considering as well as the possibility Ben was moved when temps warmed up.

I think you’re spot on with this theory. The reporter doesn’t get much opportunity to talk with LE, they’re busy, maybe the area she reported from is where Ben lived.

At the onset, Ben’s house was shown. If I ever get time, I’ll try to find the photos. They were on a different forum, not FB.

IMO, LE using the resources they are signifies they have strong leads.
Perhaps they installed GPS on vehicles of the suspect & he has returned to the area, since the weather has warmed.
Perhaps the suspect was recently seen in the area being searched.
Jmo

if the lake was frozen it wouldnt take much to auger a hole in the ice to drop a body through jmo

Exactly, plus holes may have already existed.
Without charting the temps for Dec/Jan, idk if NL was frozen. We all see the frequent winter drownings, nation wide. People assume because it’s cold, the ice is safe.

Despite the close proximity to Merritt and located next to a major highway with easy access, the lake receives surprisingly little fishing pressure. With a surface area of 6,215 ha. Nicola Lake is one of the biggest lakes in the area. Located between high ridges this lake can become very quickly dangerous when the wind starts to blow. Varying water deeps from 2 ft. to 187 ft.

BC Fishing Blog: Nicola Lake – Merritt

It is my opinion only this case is not complex & info Ben’s family had (from Ben) is what ultimately brings resolution.
I also THINK LE is ready to pounce on their suspect/s, preferring to find Ben first. I do think they will arrest suspect/s soon, if no body is discovered. The suspect/s now know the heat is on.
Moo

Weather in December 2018 in Merritt, British Columbia, Canada

December temps for Merritt.
Not nearly cold enough for the lake to freeze, imo.

ETA: Imo, NL could not freeze over. Anyone?

January temps for Merritt:

Weather in January 2019 in Merritt, British Columbia, Canada
Seems like a mild winter to that point, though a few nights dropped to -7 or -8. I agree, it wouldn't be safe to walk on. There could be thin ice in patches, covered with snow, in shallow and shady spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem